• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Woah. <_<.... Ike is awkwardly attractive. <_<;

Oh and uh... On that timeline in the beginning I see Metaknight down with No upcoming anniversaries. I know it's a stretch, but maybe he could potentially correspond with Sakurai's birthday?
Makes sense. I'll update the line along with Sakurai's b-day.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Mario Kart 8 in Japanese version didn't get any character reveal and I'mg gonna assume the other regions' not getting one as well. I'll just go ahead and move all lines along with "Mario Kart 8" out of the timeline to bad dates spoiler section.

Remember, Diddy Kong was revealed for DKCTF's international release only because its Japanese version's on the same day as ND which reserved for one new-comer.

I'd be surprised if anyone did revealed for MK8's international release though.

Nitro_Hamster

Smash Cadet
Chibi-robo could be announced on July 3rd (chibi robo photo finder is released in japan) or June 23 (chibi robo plug into adventure 9th anniversary)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I've added four unannounced Nintendo games for E3. Do you think we won't be seeing Ness and Lucas at E3 because Mother's 25th annioversary is on the horizon?

Shroob

Sup?
I've added four unannounced Nintendo games for E3. Do you think we won't be seeing Ness and Lucas at E3 because Mother's 25th annioversary is on the horizon?
Anniversaries have been completely fruitless outside of Brawl's. I don't think anniversaries mean jack to Sakurai.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Anniversaries have been completely fruitless outside of Brawl's. I don't think anniversaries mean jack to Sakurai.
Maybe. Most anniversaries that aren't rounded to 5's are fruitless. There was only one with good anniversary missed and that's Wario Land's 20th anniversary.

Shroob

Sup?
Maybe. Most anniversaries that aren't rounded to 5's are fruitless. There was only one with good anniversary missed and that's Wario Land's 20th anniversary.
I'm just saying, betting on anniversaries has more or less been entirely fruitless in the past.

Morbi

Scavenger
I am still surprised that we got nothing for the 15th anniversary of Smash aside from redundant Rosalina news.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I am still surprised that we got nothing for the 15th anniversary of Smash aside from redundant Rosalina news.
I believe it was skipped so Sakurai can reveal Lucario on the right Smash Bros installment which he joined as a playable character for the first time. Smash Bros's 15th anniversary kinda fulfilled by that too.

Wario Land on the other hand, it was left completely unfulfilled...

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I've updated the timeline with Pac-Man and two other new-comers. Still not sure should I add Mr. Game & Watch along with Pac-Man?

We finally have exact launch date for Smash Bros for Japan as well! I've added the two spoiler sections that will come into handy once the Smash Bros for 3DS comes out in Japan.

I'd be appreciated if you can spot an error and/or something's missing and inform me about it.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
I'd leave G&W until he gets an official reveal, frankly.
I agree with this sentiment, it is better to be safe. I mean, hypothetically speaking we already know that Captain Falcon is in the game; however, we do not have an official confirmation. So until everything is said and done, we might as well be safe and wait for confirmation.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, considering that we've SEEN him, I have a hard time believing that Sakurai will keep him hidden for much longer. We know he's in the game, so I think it'd be in his best interest to show him off asap.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If the august direct is at an anniversary of 1 of the Metroid games thats really significant for ridley

Oh by the way you have the wrong date its the 6th not the 26th

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
No reveal for Pokemon Art Academy (JP)... I'm guessing Jigglypuff or Mewtwo will stay hidden until Smash Bros launch date. That doesn't bode well for Pokemon having 6th rep considering one of them will probably have to stay hidden to ensure good horrendous surprises.

I'm trying to figure out is that a date for Yoshi's New Island: "7.24~8.31" (July 24 to August 31?). Can anyone confirm? Here's the link http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
No reveal for Pokemon Art Academy (JP)... I'm guessing Jigglypuff or Mewtwo will stay hidden until Smash Bros launch date. That doesn't bode well for Pokemon having 6th rep considering one of them will probably have to stay hidden to ensure good horrendous surprises.

I'm trying to figure out is that a date for Yoshi's New Island: "7.24~8.31" (July 24 to August 31?). Can anyone confirm? Here's the link http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/
Hm. For some reason, it still says Summer and yet hasn't confirmed an actual date in JP for Yoshi's New Island.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Hm. For some reason, it still says Summer and yet hasn't confirmed an actual date in JP for Yoshi's New Island.
What are you referring to that said Summer? I went ahead and applied that date to the two lines along with "Yoshi's New Island (JP)" and we'll find out soon when the time comes I guess.

EDIT: Just discovered that the latter date is actually expiration date. When buying 3DS LL you can download Yoshi's New Island for free until that date.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=838526

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Intresting that Snake has one more chance at the last possible minute if there's an August direct.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Added World Hobby Fair to the timeline! If no character reveal then I will remove it, heh.

EDIT: Looks like nothing's happening. I guess it's because there's no Dojo update on weekends like usual. Leave it to Monday's PotD and if that's not it, I'll remove it.

EDIT2:

Nope.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well Metal Gear's 27th Anniversary was Yesterday and we got nothing! Donkey Kong Anniversary tomorrow I hope we get a DK Newcomer but I doubt it.
It's pretty farfected for a character reveal...
It's possible for a character revel there now that there a sponser.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It's pretty farfected for a character reveal...
Well two months until the Japanese launch and there's at least three more characters to reveal so it's not impossible.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Well two months until the Japanese launch and there's at least three more characters to reveal so it's not impossible.
At least 2 characters, that's for sure. That's when we're not getting any reveals until we're close to breaking the longest drought record multiple times until Smash Bros. for 3DS is released in Japan.

I've added EVO to the timeline but I will delete it when there's no announcements for it.

The spoiler sections have been updated as well, in preparation for unannounced characters on launch for people who want to stay spoiler free.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Are you going to add the Sal Romano characters since he basically leaked the entire roster?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Are you going to add the Sal Romano characters since he basically leaked the entire roster?
They're in "For new-comers" spoiler section.

I can't really move them out to the main timeline because every new-comers will require a trailer at the start (as stated by Sakurai I think?) and they listed differently in there because they will not reveal on the same day along with their game releases/anniversaries.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Triple Deluxe's side modes (kirby fighters and dedede thing) are becoming their own thing for the eshop. I bet if we get a Meta Knight reveal, the Kirby Fighters Z japanese release (if it's before ssb4's japanese release) would be the best time to reveal him

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't Luigi confirmed to be unlockable on his first post? He said something like "we don't normally announce unlockable characters, but this is the year of Luigi!"

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Snapshot for proof

Look at timestamp (PST) and compare with Sakurai's post in Miiverse (mine's 3 hours earlier I think?). I must be the only one who predicted Sakurai :p

Meantime, I'm going to update the OP. Do you think EVO has anything to do with it?

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash
Snapshot for proof

Look at timestamp (PST) and compare with Sakurai's post in Miiverse (mine's 3 hours earlier I think?). I must be the only one who predicted Sakurai :p
First the early PotD's and now this? Swift, you're scaring me.:nervous:

Top Bottom