• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Upcoming Game Release Timeline - Now with confirmed DLC!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hmm, maybe we'll get a veteran tomorow? I mean the anniversary of Fire Emblem and Mother 3. So I think Ike Ness and Lucas would be possible. Or a new FE stage.
Anniversary barely get anything besides ness is probably not going to be shown till after the release of the 3ds version

Zanvel

Smash Cadet
Anniversary barely get anything besides ness is probably not going to be shown till after the release of the 3ds version
I think you're right, but I think that tomorrow Sakurai will show us something new, like a stage. It's not very likely that we get a veteran on a monday.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Then send a message to a moderator saying so.

I wonder if we'll get any Mother 3 stuff tomorrow...
Sure, I'll go ahead and ask a moderator about it.

Also there are two FE related anniversaries this weekend. I could see it getting proritized over Mother 3. We'll see what will happen tomorrow!

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Hmm, maybe we'll get a veteran tomorow? I mean the anniversary of Fire Emblem and Mother 3. So I think Ike Ness and Lucas would be possible. Or a new FE stage.
eh, an Ice Climbers reveal on Thursday (NES Remix 2/Famicon Remix 1+2 release) is more likely. There hasn't been a reveal on any anniversary except for really big ones like Mario.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
No worries!

(Hope you got hyped that now you have to wait 7-5 days less then you thought ;))

Last edited:

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Just realized we got ZZS in Smash Bros Direct was because of Metroid: Zero Mission's 10th anniversary (where ZSS debuted).

More precisely, M:ZM anniversary in EU was on the same day as Smash Bros Direct, anniversary in NA on February (slashed out) and JP on May (farfetched support).

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One significant info

Every staff member is working hard as we brush up whatever we can

That was part of the quote of today's picture

SuperNintendoDisney

Smash Journeyman
Allow me to applaud the new operator of this thread, you have done a fantastic job. The amount of time and effort you have put into making this thread the best it can be is amazing. Your dedication is admirable and I wish there were more people like you in charge of these functions. Hats off to Swift Fox, thank you for doing such a nice thing for all of us

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Thank you, SuperNintendoDisney!

I've updated the line along with "E3" to exact date and time which Nintendo just announced recently. The hype is real!

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
can you update the OP with the upcoming Pac-Man games in the way? .. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is going to be released in Japan at June 19th for the 3DS, and June 25th for Wii U (and PS3); .. the Ghostly Adventures 2 is TBA 2014 (probably getting a release date at E3), and the Pac-Man Collection (GBA) was rated for the Wii U's Virtual Console, no release date yet.

Donkey Kong Land and Donkey Kong Land II were released on the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan too, but we don't have a prevision for their release in the west (yet). .. Is relevant for K. Rool, I guess. (and the last one for Dixie too)

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
can you update the OP with the upcoming Pac-Man games in the way? .. Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures is going to be released in Japan at June 19th for the 3DS, and June 25th for Wii U (and PS3); .. the Ghostly Adventures 2 is TBA 2014 (probably getting a release date at E3), and the Pac-Man Collection (GBA) was rated for the Wii U's Virtual Console, no release date yet.

Donkey Kong Land and Donkey Kong Land II were released on the 3DS Virtual Console in Japan too, but we don't have a prevision for their release in the west (yet). .. Is relevant for K. Rool, I guess. (and the last one for Dixie too)
Hmm... I might add them to the new-comer section. I don't know. Writing new lines for the new-comer of unrepped series is bit too much of work I'm afraid.

King K. Rool and Dixie Kong already in new-comer section by the way and sure, I'll write more lines for them in new-comer section.

EDIT: Just realized the release date is old -_- I'll wait for the international release dates.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
well, at least you're aware of the dates, feel free for do whatever you think is right. =P

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I've added several new-comers (including Pac-Man) to the new-comer section!

I've also added Pokemon Art Academy, for remaining Pokemon veterans :ivysaur::squirtle::jigglypuff::mewtwomelee::pichumelee:!

Will apply to the OP when the next PotD is up.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
Triple Deluxe is coming out tomorrow in NA, does that mean a potential meta Knight confirmation?
Doubt we'll see anything tomorrow... We'll see what will happen!

Ike's confirmation on May 8 <- Callin' it.

My reasoning? Marth revealed out of the blue because there weren't any more upcoming Japanese's game releases in last September November (save Super Mario Bros U (JP) for :rosalina:). Ike might get the same treatment! Mario Kart 8 (JP) is there but that will only set new longest drought record anyway.

NOVEMBER not September -_- my bad.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Nope we did not get meta knight

Instead another direct way of showing a character decofirmed and this character is dillion the armodillo

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Words cannot express how much I want Ike back. XD I hope he's announced on the 8th.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
I could be easily wrong though but at least I'm pretty sure there'll be a random veteran this month. Hopefully still Ike if not for May 8.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
So it seems Kirby Triple Deluxe is not getting promoted twice with Meta Knight. Meta Knight officially moved into no more games/anniversaries zone.

Another thing to note... the drought is keep going, though, it's still within 46 days (the longest days of drought). I'm still surprised because usually it's an excuse for when the Nintendo Direct is only several days away. If there weren't any until Mario Kart 8 then that'd take, what, 51 days?!

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
So it seems Kirby Triple Deluxe is not getting promoted twice with Meta Knight. Meta Knight officially moved into no more games/anniversaries zone.

Another thing to note... the drought is keep going, though, it's still within 46 days (the longest days of drought). I'm still surprised because usually it's an excuse for when the Nintendo Direct is only several days away. If there weren't any until Mario Kart 8 then that'd take, what, 51 days?!
E3 will be our reveal. I don't think Mario Kart will get an reveal. Simply because of the bad roster.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We got the Girl Villager so some may count that as a character reveal.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
We got the Girl Villager so some may count that as a character reveal.
Sure, I've added a new line for that in bad dates section. Should I move it to the main timeline instead?

I've also added two new lines dedicated to Smash Bros Q&A and a new unannounced 3DS game for E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I like the updated design. If we are to have two blue haired sword guys you can easily tell them apart now.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Woah. <_<.... Ike is awkwardly attractive. <_<;

Oh and uh... On that timeline in the beginning I see Metaknight down with No upcoming anniversaries. I know it's a stretch, but maybe he could potentially correspond with Sakurai's birthday?

Last edited:
Top Bottom