• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial " I Play Brawl Better When I..." Thread

M15t3R E

Smash Master
=d

I noticed some people replied "When I'm calm".
For me, it's like DBZ. When I get angry I go SSJ4 and start combo'ing and evading and punishing like a God. Seriously, no joke...

But it takes a lot to make me angry. So it happens very infrequently.

Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry ~ *Pikachu turns green*.

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
I brawl better when it's not past midnight on a school night...
Other than that, full of food and relaxing is where it's at.

Lord Exor

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordExor
3DS FC
0430-8460-0827
I play Brawl better when I use Meta Knight.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
May I ask, how so would that make it epic? I'm lost.. :confused:
imagine this: You're sitting waiting for your oponent. All of a sudden this guy comes up to you with this big glass, and I mean THE biggest f*cking glass you've EVER seen, filled with iced tea, takes a sip, puts it down and goes "hey. I'm your opponent"

How is that not the definition of epic?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I play Brawl better when I have bathed in exactly 11 gallons of iced tea precisely 2.74 hours before playing.

It's tough.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well true, I guess a big glass of anything would be an impressive site in that matter, but I still don't see why iced tea.

IDK

Smash Lord
when im not on autopilot. as in... my brain is awake and im thinking about the match. i actually almost always win if i do this.

DUB

Smash Lord
when im not on autopilot. as in... my brain is awake and im thinking about the match. i actually almost always win if i do this.
I know what you mean. Auto-piloting with Diddy :(

I think' I'd forfeit of someone waked up to me with a gallon glass of iced tea.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
imagine this: You're sitting waiting for your oponent. All of a sudden this guy comes up to you with this big glass, and I mean THE biggest f*cking glass you've EVER seen, filled with iced tea, takes a sip, puts it down and goes "hey. I'm your opponent"

How is that not the definition of epic?
imagery ftw

unsweetened ftl

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
To be completely honest I play smash better at home than I do at tournaments.... sometimes. It takes a lot of good mindset preparation for a tournament, but at the same time sometimes I end up thinking too much.

Also, at garage tournaments, I play better with my shirt off. YAYUHZZZ!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I play better when I'm 1 or 2 stocks behind, I tend to be reckless and overzealous at the beginning of a match, before calming down and picking my opponent apart slowly. I play well when items are off too, and the stage is FD.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
You didn't read my original post did you? I play better with iced tea.

How so lol... does it make you hyper? so simply because of it's great taste, don't get me wrong I love the taste of Iced tea myself, it's just that I don't find that particular drink as a way to help me play, beer though....

Frown

poekmon
My biggest problem while playing the game is that I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too offensive. When I get to meet somebody who's considerably better, I play like a coward and it actually works.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371

How so lol... does it make you hyper? so simply because of it's great taste, don't get me wrong I love the taste of Iced tea myself, it's just that I don't find that particular drink as a way to help me play, beer though....
Hey, it wasn't my idea to own when I'm drinking tea. I don't know why, I just do.

NeoCrono

Smash Ace
The day before I play in a tournament, I read everything I can before it. Then I re-read. Before the tournament, me and my friends usually go to chick-fil-a and get some waffle fries. during the tournament, its like how I'am at a track meet, nothing else matters, it's me, my opponent, and victory. During a match, I have my Ipod on listening to The All American Rejects, Red Jump Suit Apparatus, Oasis, and Tupac. After my match I usually drink Gatorade ( I have to take a sip after match, its a ritual) Then after the tournament, I go to my friends house and I make dinner. The I go home and go to sleep lol. This is my ritual

And I play better when there is something on the line (like money) and if so, I have to listen to morning glory by oasis or I cant focus.

Top Bottom