• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unofficial " I Play Brawl Better When I..." Thread

Patinator

Smash Champion
imagine this: You're sitting waiting for your oponent. All of a sudden this guy comes up to you with this big glass, and I mean THE biggest f*cking glass you've EVER seen, filled with iced tea, takes a sip, puts it down and goes "hey. I'm your opponent"

How is that not the definition of epic?
Congratulations - you've just been sig'd!

I play Brawl better... Well, oddly enough, when I'm playing a character and that character's "theme" is playing- for example, Mute City when I'm Captain Falcon, or Star Wolf/Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) for Wolf.

Or when I'm fighting Jigglypuff or Snake. OH, how I hate thee.

OR. If the music is, Crimean Army Sortie...

Okay, I'm done now. :bee:

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I play better when it is early in the morning.
And no, it isn't that those who I play are bad or havn't wokken up, It's just I play better in the morning, but once it is mid-day, I start to decline in skill. And I do decent at night.

So basically Tourneys are harder for me.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
When cool Pokemon, Kirby, or other themes that have been in my head since I was 4, are on, I move like the music. Also, if people jump a lot, (I'm better in the air) it makes me happy that I will own them. Oh, and when my opponent complains when he thinks I should've missed or he should've hit.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I play Brawl better... Well, oddly enough, when I'm playing a character and that character's "theme" is playing- for example, Mute City when I'm Captain Falcon, or Star Wolf/Star Wolf (Star Fox: Assault) for Wolf.
Same here. But unfortunately, both the Star Wolf songs play on his wost stage, so... ****.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
If I had a clue, I'd do what I could to do it.

I've tried practicing the night before a tourney on computers.
I've tried practicing in the actual Practice Mode.
I've tried beating up my friends which gets just as repetitive as computers (their lack of mindgames).
And I've tried just plain not playing.

When I choose a matchup that's not in my favor I always seem to do much better than when I'm in a match that should be my obvious win. I guess overconfidence isn't a good thing for me, and that's good because I tend to be good at avoiding it.

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
Each day that I play, I play a match with each of my favorite characters to find out which one is going to work today. It's really random. It's a real rofl waffle when a tournament day ends up being a Falcon day lol. It happens every once in a while.

shadyf0o

Smash Journeyman
Sleep. Good rest = intense competition. Brawl, and all competitive games, when played for extended times can wear you down. Not in a physical sense, but I find that my best games come out after I've played 2-3 warmup games, then by the end of the hour my skills dwindle.

Excuse the lack of humor XD

Blad01

Smash Lord
I Play Brawl Better When I'm sure i gonna win. :)

In every tournament matche i lose, i was not confident enough...

Top Bottom