• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Uniqueness Tier List: Captain Falcon, Robin, Lucina, Shulk, and Meta-Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

andimidna

Smash Master
Uh-oh... rating Chrom's uniqueness?
Well it looks like everything's gone well so far... I'll go check the Chrom thread's movesets, then I'll be back to rate.

(I also think Micaiah should be added to the list)

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I guess Chrom fits B, he can be unique, but from his cannon, he does not have too many toys,,,

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I guess Chrom fits B, he can be unique, but from his cannon, he does not have too many toys,,,
I actually think it's a case of the opposite. This cannon does offer him some decent options, there's just pretty much no way they'll be implemented. Either way, B does sound right to me too.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think I will end this day now, Chrom gets a decent rating of B- in the tier list.
Today we are rating the Marth-esque character, Lucina. please rate on how unique she could be despite the similarities to our confirmed FE veteran.
Remember, Analyses are recommended. ;)

Last edited:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
By default, the same as Chrom, since she can do everything he can do. Then she has the various abilities of her Mothers too, including the Avatar/Robin/Tactician/whatever. This means she could focus on healing herself (Falchion's Healing abilitiy, Renewal, Relief, Sol, Aether, Lifetaker), focus on defence (Aegis, Pavise, The various Breakers, Vantage, Miracle), focus on buffing herself (The Rallys, Rightful King, Olivia's Special Dance), combine melee and magic (Grandmaster, Sage, War Cleric, Dark Knight, Dark Flier, Sorcerer, Valkyrie, Trickster, Falcon Knight), be anti-projectile (Aegis, Bowbreaker), or even just bring out various bits of Fire Emblem classes, like using a Pegasus to recover. Hell, given that way she fights resembles German Fencing a lot, specifically the ochs guard, she could even be a grappler, since german fencing has detailed rules for both armed and unarmed grappling.

And despite all the jokes about how she's just female Marth, the only design of his she actually looks that similar to is his FE13 one.

Here's how Marth looks in Smash 4

And here's what Lucina looks like

Those designs don't rally have that much in common beyond the colour scheme, which Lucina uses darker hues of anyway, and the tiara.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The only reason Lucina is similar to Marth as because she cosplayed him.

Lucina: B
As strictly a swordsman, Lucina's rank would likely be C. With the possibility of also using Lances her uniqueness goes up a bit. Lances would allow for longer reach and lesser damage. Changing stances on the go could mean some interesting combos. Falchion could heal her a bit, but that's not terribly unique. She's at least no carbon copy of Marth. (<<<Shameless copy & paste of my Chrom rating). the only thing separating her from her father is the possibility of inheriting a skill from her mother. This could give her a unique move/system like Galeforce, but it seems a stretch. She likely would be the same as her father of the most part. Overall, the children characters are generally better than their parents. So she has that going for her.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Lucina feels like a step up from her father. Even though they both share the blue-haired sword wielder distinction, she has the gender difference (which Sakurai has displayed particular interest in this time around). Also her character is overall more interesting and her moveset potential has varied possibilities.

I'd say B.

andimidna

Smash Master
I could see Lucina with either her sword or a lance... But I'd be interested in seeing her having one magic attack.
I'll give her a B+, and I'll add more info later.

Couldn't find the Chrom thread yesterday btw.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I don't personally see Lucina being too much more unique than Chrom. If at all. It's another case of "she COULD have this go into her move-set/play-style, but I doubt Sakurai would do it."

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Eh. It has the same blade as Marth's sword but a different hilt and the like. She could just use another sword or strictly lances. But she would fight the same way as Chrom, they use the same style.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Lucina and Chrom are both in similar predicaments. Both are similar to other lords (by design) and both share one distinct unique feature: the new tagteam mechanic.

With tagteam there is a potential of B+ to A. Without, a flat C.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Lucina and Chrom are both in similar predicaments. Both are similar to other lords (by design) and both share one distinct unique feature: the new tagteam mechanic.

With tagteam there is a potential of B+ to A. Without, a flat C.
That's pretty much the best possible case for them both, yup. Even then, if it's just IC 2.0, they aren't offering much.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
A

Lucina, canonically, is able to use the ability to travel through holes in time. Time holes, while not overall important to the plot of Awakening, are integral in specific parts of it. Lucina comes to the past through using a portal, the main villain enters through a time hole, and time portals are also how you access the DLC maps. As a potential fighter, this translates to the ability to travel around the stage through teleportation. Think about it similar to Farore's Wind in OoT. You use it once, which tags a location. Using it again warps you back to the tag. Alternately, or perhaps additionally, portals could be used to transport through the stage (akin to the game Portal). Very few characters come to mind that could use this type of playstyle.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
But Lucina's best known weapon is not a lance though. :p
and a Chrom clone? We'll see, because I think it's much easier to associate Marth with Lucina.
The only reason she's associated with Marth and Chrom isn't is because Chrom gets lumped in with Ike. For some reason. Chrom shares a move (Aether) with Ike, and that's only in name. Lucina also has this move. But Chrom trained Lucina in house Ylisse fighting style.

Chrom is a descendant of Marth. I've already mentioned that Marth, Chrom, and Lucina all wield the same sword (more or less).
I also fail to see how one would more easily associate Lucina more with one of her ancestors than her own father.

Why people see Chrom and Ike as the same is beyond me. There was a character in Awakening who was actually a descendant of Ike. He even wielded Ragnell.

If Lucina she got in as a clone of Marth, that would blow. Make her an alternate costume and be done with it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Yeah, canonically speaking Lucina would be more similar to Chrom than any other character, and I certainly see no reason to think that out of Ike and Marth Chrom would resemble Ike most.

Ike is unique in FE (as far as I know) for not being a lord or royal of any kind as a matter of birth, which is reflected in his fighting style. I feel like given that Sakurai made this distinction in Brawl, any new FE rep that was a lord or royal would be very similar to Marth.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Ooooooooo.... I love the time travelling idea. :o
But didn't someone else activate the time travel in the game.
Technically speaking, someone activated it for her.

Though I suppose if it really bothers anyone, you can call it Lucina+Naga Tag Team.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not sure time travel is enough of "her" thing for it to really be implemented as a gimmick of her moveset. I mean it'd be cool if done right, but it's up there with giving Diddy a Kart-based moveset if you ask me.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Lucina could be a very unique fighter, as she doesn't fight anything like Marth, contrary to popular belief. She has more of a stabby moveset, as she loves stabbing opponents for some reason. She could also probably do something with the future portal as a recovery, so I'd give her a B rating.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I don't want to tease him, but KenithTheGatherer probably has a good idea of how Lucina would be unique.
I have indeed dedicated several minutes hours of my time to figuring out a good, viable moveset for her.

Since the disguise of Marth is a very iconic part of Awakening, I think having it as a form in her moveset is the best route.

Basically, it's a form-changing character similar to Zelda, where Lucina and Masked Marth will have different special moves and altered standard moves, but very different physics. And unlike Zelda/Sheik, there is no loading time; the transformation is a instant "flash", so you can start a combo with one form and finish with another.

For added "uniqueness" she could have different voice clips and poses/taunts.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I agree it's a cool gimmick to set her apart, but honestly I don't understand the logic behind the physics changing.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I have indeed dedicated several minutes hours of my time to figuring out a good, viable moveset for her.

Since the disguise of Marth is a very iconic part of Awakening, I think having it as a form in her moveset is the best route.

Basically, it's a form-changing character similar to Zelda, where Lucina and Masked Marth will have different special moves and altered standard moves, but very different physics. And unlike Zelda/Sheik, there is no loading time; the transformation is a instant "flash", so you can start a combo with one form and finish with another.

For added "uniqueness" she could have different voice clips and poses/taunts.
I don't really think changing outfits makes much sense as "instant." Nor does it make much sense as a stance change. If it's gonna be anything like that, it would be switching quickly between Falchion and some kind of lance. Her Marth costume would likely be an alt costume, with some different taunts which could possibly mimic Marth's.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'll think now is the time to end the day!

Today we will be rating for Robin, I've been anticipating for this day for a while. How can you make this tactician unique and very interesting to play as?

Tagging @Pacack and @Gingerbread Man for some help on the subject.

Remember, analyses are recommended. ;)

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ooh, Robin. This will be fun.

I would put Robin in A, for sure. He/she has the most unique potential out of the three main Fire Emblem Awakening characters, and has a ton of ways to take advantage of this. My personal favorite idea is a stance based moveset where Robin switches between using a sword and using magic, something he is fully capable of from the start of Awakening and even emphasized for being able to do. This would bring an entire new play style into the game, similar to Rosalina, and would give a good representation for something you do in Fire Emblem games; strategically switching weapons based on what is most effective in each situation. You could also incorporate the many skills Robin is able to get in the game due to his/her ability to be any available class in the game, another notable trait he/she has. Even a basic moveset that uses a sword for standard attacks and different elemental magic for specials could be interesting. There's a TON of possible ways for Robin to be unique, and it isn't hard for him/her to pull it off. Maybe not worthy of S, but certainly A, I think.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Robin: A
Robin has a lot of potential. The simplest, and likely best idea, is a stance change option. Robin would switch between swords and magic. This would be done in the traditional stance change fashion, switching quickly enough to continue combos. This should also show that strategic side of Robin and remind one of the usefulness of the weapons in FE: magic for long range situations, swords for close range. The possibility of magical traps could be used as well. As for other possibilities, Robin could change "classes" since Robin can be (almost) any class. Or simply use weapons/skills of other classes such as bows, staves, axes, etc.

Here is my sample moveset. Note that the stance change aspect here only changes the specials.

[collapse=AVATAR/MY UNIT/ROBIN MOVESET]

General: I like the name Avatar the best, and for simplicity's sake I shall refer to him as a male. Since the Avatar can be every class in the game, I think it makes the most sense to use Skills from all classes. Skills are the most tangible bonus from changing classes in Awakening. Naturally keeping the Avatar in the tactician class makes the most sense canonically, so simply carrying over skills make sense for a moveset.
First and foremost, the Avatar is a Tactician and made this moveset to emphasize that. It's all about how the moves work together, using their special effects and being able to adjust to varied situations.

Playstyle: The Avatar should be pretty middle of the line in terms of speed, power and weight. His basic attacks are not particularly powerful and he lacks an easily land-able kill move. However, his special moves are where he shines: the Avatar will be a stance character. His stances should remind one of his weapons' usefulness in Awakening. Sword Stance attacks are fast and better at close range. Tome Stance attacks are slow and more suited for ranged combat.

Special Moves:
- Standard Special: Ignis/Vengence

-- Sword Stance Standard Special: Ignis
Ignis is a class skill of Grandmasters (The promotion of tactician), and the most iconic move of the Avatar.
When Ignis is used, the Avatar will hold his sword in front of his face and it will glow with blue flame and pink flower petals - the Avatar will have some vulnerability here.This will add an aura of blue fire and pink rose petals to the Avatar's next attack, and will also make it more powerful (similar to Lucas' Project M Standard Special).

-- Tome Stance Standard Special: Vengeance
Vengeance is the class skill of Sorcerers. In Awakening adds half of one's accrued damage to your attacks. It's simple to see how it could be used in Smash - as Avatar takes damage this move begins to do more damage.
There are many ways this could be used, but here's my idea. When used, this attack will create a small fire in front directly in front of the Avatar (akin to Ness' PK Fire, it will trap you in it for a short time). As the Avatar's damage percentage increases the fire will begin to gain a purple hue (maxing out about where Lucario's damage done/given ratio does, the fire will turn fully purple. [The icon for the Vengeance skill in Awakening is Purple Fire.]) Obviously the damage done by the fire will increase, but also the fire's trapping power. Giving one time to follow up with a good hit (i,e. the vengeance). Naturally, the nature of this attack will mean it will be very weak at first. It should have moderate casting lag, but it will remain (Like Ness' PK Fire) and allow Avatar free movement.

- Side Special: Luna/Lifetaker

-- Sword Stance Side Special: Luna
Luna is the class skill of Great Knights. Luna halves the enemy's def/res when you attack.
The Avatar a lunging sword slash. This move would have good range. Luna would effect a shielding opponent in much the way a Mr. Saturn would (or possibly less, depending on how OP it would be). It would do little damage otherwise.

-- Tome Stance Side Special: Lifetaker
Lifetaker is the class skill of Dark Knights. This heals half a unit's HP when they kill an opponent.
After some casting lag, Avatar will produce a moderately sized ball of green lightning (Again based on the skill's icon - it actually more closely resembles green wind. Wind seemed more suited for Galeforce and I wanted all three types of magic represented in his Specials.) It will move forward slowly and dissipate quickly (think Luigi's Brawl Fireball). It will do moderate damage with little knockback. It will heal the Avatar 1/3-1/4 of the damage done.

- Up Special: Lethality/Galeforce

-- Sword Stance Up Special: Lethality
Lethality is the class skill of Assassins. It has the ability to instantly kill a unit.
Naturally, this is way too OP to be transferred directly to Smash, but I thought: what's the closest thing to an insta-kill in Smash? A Meteor Smash. Avatar would perform a diagonal jump in the direction he/she was facing and follow up with a very powerful meteor at the end of the attack. This would be very hard to land as it's attack window and range are very small. However, if you can properly trap an opponent in the jump part of the move they could be carried to the end and Meteor Smashed. (Think Luigi's Coin Punch, if you do it right it can be powerful.)

-- Tome Stance Up Special: Galeforce
Galefore is the class skill of Dark Fliers. Galeforce allows a unit to move and attack once more after killing an opponent. This move is only generally available to Female units, but the Avatar can be either sex so I figured it could work.
The Avatar would perform an attack very much Like Fox's Up Special; it would have a little starting lag, could be aimed in the same 8 directions and would be a tackle imbued with purple wind (Icon for the skill). Here's where things get interesting: if it comes in contact with an opponent, an additional attack is added at the end. Furthermore, if the Avatar hits an opponent with this move they will not enter freefall. The Avatar will get the ability to "move" again afterward. Note that this extra ability can only be used once in the air (before touching the ground) to keep things fair and similar to skill's in game usage.

- Down Special: Swordfaire/Tomefaire
Using this move will switch between Sword/Tome as the Avatar's primary weapon. For simpplicity's sake this will only effect the Avatar's Special Moves. The switch should be quick, quick enough that it allows for an experienced Avatar player to change stances on the fly. The fancy names are passive attack skills in Awakening. Yes, this also means Kirby can copy 2 different attacks from him.

- Final Smash: Rally Spectrum
Rally Spectrum is a class skill of Grandmasters (The promotion of tactician). It increases all the stats of friendly units within range by 4 for a turn.
Naturally, the Avatar would yell, "Time to tip the scales!" and then he would grab his sword as if performing Ignis, but instead of blue flames and petals the Avatar is covered in an aura of rainbow flames (sort of like when one has the smash ball, but with a more realistic fire effect to differentiate). When imbued with this rainbow flame all aspects of the Avatar get stronger: The Avatar is faster, stronger and immune to damage. This will last about the time that Wario Man lasts. Also, a new mechanic is introduced during the Avatar's Final Smash: Critical Hits. Every attack he launches during his FS has a 10% chance of being a Critical Hit - meaning 3 times as much damage. (Hey, the Avatar's Skill stat gets a boost too.) He should yell one of his critical quotes when it happens too, "Checkmate!" or "You're Finished!" work since "Time to tip the scales!" was already used. Homerun Bat sound effect optional. This is also one's time for the Avatar's strategy to run rampant - the starting lag on all Tome Stance Specials is reduced significantly and Lifetaker's projectile moves faster and goes further. Go for the gold and try to get a Critical Hit while using Lifetaker.

- Smash Moves: The Avatar's smashes involve his magic. They will have decent lag for the cast, but make up for it with relatively large range.

-- Side Smash: Thoron
The Avatar sheathes his sword and reads from his book (here are the charging frames).
He then thrusts one arm out in front of himself and a large bolt of lightening extends from his hand. This move will be multi-hit move which deals little damage or knockback. More of a stunning move if anything.

-- Down Smash: Elwind
The Avatar sheathes his sword and reads from his book (here are the charging frames).
He then ducks and thrusts both arms outward releasing medium sized gusts of green wind in both directions. This move will do little to no damage, but lots of knockback.

-- Up Smash: Elfire
He then thrusts one arm directly upward creating a medium sized ball of fire and detonates it. It should do the most damage of any of his smashes, but overall not very much.

- Basic Attacks: Basic Attacks will, mostly, involve his Sword.

-- Side Tilt:
The Avatar performs a weak slash with poor range directly in front of him.

-- Up Tilt:
The Avatar performs a slash directly upward. Average damage and poor range.

-- Down Tilt:
The Avatar will take a step down and duck and give a quick sweeping jab upward.

-- Dash Attack:
The Avatar will take a large step forward and strike with butt of the sword. Poor range but reasonable power.

-- Combo: This Combo will use sword and magic (I liked the idea of magical combo I read in someone's moveset, but I wanted to stay somewhat original.) (This idea comes from Injustice: Gods Among Us - if you've played it you may be familiar with a Combo of Sinistro where does 1 or 2 normal hits and then creates three enrgy spikes at different time intervals to hit his opponent. This combo would be similar.)

This move would be truly unique - the only ranged combo. It starts off with a quick and low damage sword slash, nut then the Avatar open his book and casts a spell. The Avatar's Spell tome will glow and three pillars of magic will appear (or less, if the button is pressed fewer times). The first pillar will be short fire magic, the second pillar will be medium sized wind magic and third will be a larger thunder magic pillar.

The main thing to remember with this move is that each successive hit gets further away from the Avatar and thus leaving him more open to attack. Connecting the slash and continuing with combo is not recommended, because the opponent will likely be able to close the distance and interrupt your attack. The same goes for characters with longer reach and the first hit of the spell combo.

- Grabs/Throws: The Avatar's throws will involve his Magic.

-- Grab: The Avatar will use both hands to grab his opponent (sword and tome still in them).

-- Pummel: The Avatar will quickly knee his opponent.

-- Upward Throw: Arcwind
The Avatar casts a tornado in front of him trapping his enemy for a few low damage hits. The tornado dissipates, launching his opponent upward. This throw will send his opponent the furthest.

-- Downward Throw: Arcfire
The Avatar jumps upward and releases a steady stream of fire from one of his hands downward at his opponent. This will also be a multi-hit attack, but do slightly more damage than his Up Throw.

-- Forward Throw: Arcthunder
The Avatar seemingly lets go of his opponent, but quickly casts a spell which causes a bolt of lightning to strike them appearing just above their head.

-- Backward Throw: This one doesn't involve magic for the sake of keeping all types of magic equally represented.
The Avatar jumps up, throwing his opponent behind him and then follows with a swift backward kick.

- Aerial Attacks: That Avatar's aerials will involve his sword.

-- Neutral Aerial:
The Avatar will perform a quick vertical spin attack with his sword. Sort of like what you see in Attack On Titan.

-- Forward Aerial:
The Avatar gives a quick elbow directly in front of himself. Quite fast, poor range, medium damage.

-- Backward Aerial:
The Avatar performs a quick jab with his sword behind him without turning around. (You know that cool Samurai move where they don't look back and just stab behind them? Yeah, like that. Failed to find a good example.) This would be one of the Avatar's fastest moves and would be a fairly good spike.

-- Down Aerial:
The Avatar readies his spellbook and brings it down hard on his enemies. (I felt he was missing something amusing). This is not quite a meteor.

-- Up Aerial:
The Avatar performs a slash in a simple arc above his head. It can also hit enemies behind him if timed/aimed properly.

Notes:
I originally planned Avatar's Sword Stance Side Special to be Astra. But I felt it would have been to similar to Marth's Side Special. It would have been extremely like Dolphin Blade but could go up to five hits. The hits themselves would have been less varied than Marth's, but have greater trapping power at the cost of being very weak. I feel Luna gives a better feeling of 'strategy' to the Avatar than this move did anyway. Astra just popped into my head first.
I also originally thought of the Sword Stance Up Special as Sol (another move that heals the user). I had forgotten I already planned his Tome Stance Side Special as Lifetaker. I think Lethality became a more interesting idea anyway.
[/collapse]

Is Micaiah still today, or has she been moved?

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
In my opinion Robin has the greatest potential out of all FE reps. A for sure in my book.

As mentioned, he could swap between swords and magic, and anything else really. Even if we just keep him his default class and make both a standard part of his move set without a swap mechanic, it would still be unique to him. Personally I think he'd be more true to character if he had to switch between swords and even have to cycle through different types of magic (wind, thunder, fire) but I'd prefer he always have swords available for jabs and some smashes, while specials consisted of magic. But the idea of cycling through different elemental magic still sounds cool. Like PM Samus I guess.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Since he is a tactician, I want him more focused on the strategic aspect of Smash Bros. gameplay. It would include usings faraway tomes. And personally I wouldn't add swords because I feel he really doesn't need a sword in order to constitute and diversify his moveset.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I vote Micaiah and Robin to be placed in A-tier.
Robin lacks a "signature" weapon but his base class can play with variety of magic: Fire, Wind, Thunder and he has the ability to use swords. It's also easy for him to stand out among his comrades so that's a given. There could be a switch ability for him to fit swords and tomes to give him an even bigger moveset. For a final smash he can turn into Grima.

Micaiah is similar but she can only use Light magic and if taking Awakening she can play with Dark Magic. Among the light tomes that she can use the ones i'd believe would best represent her uniqueness are Thani, Nosferatu, and Valaura. Thani is her signature weapon and, Nosferatu saps health from enemies, and with Valurai she can poison enemies. Also like Robin she can switch between tomes and staves and the best staves for her to use are sleep, rewarp, and silence.

andimidna

Smash Master
Robin: A-
Micaiah: A-

Magic is really only used by Zelda. As Rosalina's wand and luma keep her from being put in the same category. Having two characters with unique magic is easier than having 2 unique sword characters, and 2 unique sword characters is very easy and was accomplished back in Melee. I'm not sure what gimmicks you could add to them, but they'd both have all unique moves

EDIT: I'll go into more detail for the Fire Emblem reps I support, which it looks like their days are tomorrow, the next day, and the day after that.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I did just read the OP and noticed Monster Hunter will be in the third-party week. I think you should either replace him with Black Mage or include Black Mage in his day. Or maybe Black Mage could be in Slime's day. (Also, I'm going to do the analysis for Robin right now).

Edit: Here it is.

Robin:

1. How many diverse options does this character have?

Robin has a lot of options. Aside from swords, which aren't unique, he can use magic in his attacks. He could also work as a stance-change character that switches between using close-range and long-range attacks. He could use lots of close-range weapons too, he does not need to be limited to swords when in close-range mode.

2. Is their moves or abilities diverse from the rest of the Smash cast?

Half-yes half-no. Using swords isn't anything different from Link, Meta Knight, Marth, Ike and other characters already in Smash. However, his other moves would be certainly unique, and no character already in Smash can chage between using swords or magic.

3. Has the concept of the character been done before?

No, there is no stance-change character in Smash.

4. Does the character's abilities and moves provide enough to be entertaining?

I find a stance-change character really entertaining.

5. How visually different is the character in terms of body shape and looks?

His clothing is really different from other characters. And his hair has a totally different hair color, white. I don't think he is too similiar to any character.

6. Does it fit the character well enough?

Yeah, Robin fits right in. If Marth, Roy and Ike can fit, why not Robin?

Final judgement: Obvious A tier material we got here.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Micaiah: A-
Micaiah uses Light Magic and staves, like a certain popular Goddess. Palutena seems to have more options overall than Micaiah, but Micaiah has some unique aspects as well. Micaiah has various types of Light Magic at her disposal; she can use spells which sap health from opponents, spells that poison opponents and spells that do additional damage to heavier units. She can use various staves as well: staves that can put the opponent to sleep, silence them, teleport, and heal. She also has the ability to heal other by damaging herself, but this doesn't transfer well to Smash. I was working on a Micaiah moveset, but I lost the progress I had. My general idea was this using her vB would switch between her active staves (Heal, Silence and Sleep). These staves would offer different effects to her staff based moves (her tilts, aerials, throws, etc.). Silence would prevent the use of projectiles by opponents (it stops magic usually, but this makes more sense in Smash), Sleep may put the enemy to sleep (obviously) and Heal would potentially heal them upon impact. (This is to balance the heal staff, as when Micaiah has it equipped she can heal herself). Magic would be used in her specials and smashes. As for other ideas, she could use the Rewarp staff to teleport herself/opponents/items. She also has a pet bird, Yune, who could be used somehow. Final Smash ideas range from a very large burst of light magic, to borrowing power from the Goddess Yune. Though, not given the class, Micaiah is the tactician of the Dawn Brigade. Meaning she could have the potential to have "tactics" represented in her moveset, as I've tried to describe here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom