• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
I was doing some much needed cleaning/dusting/reorganizing on Friday. I unplugged my TV and tried to move it over to another location to clean the counter it was on. I'm not quite sure what happened but I guess I tripped/slipped and the TV fell and the screen cracked.
Well...I guess I'm lucky(?) that it broke on Black Friday...got a decent deal on a new one but I would have preferred not to get a new one at all.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
i have work after school tomorrow :'(
why cant resignation day come faster
I'm also cutting fat now, I wish I could just eat a lot instead of eat less. Bulking for me was tough because I had to eat too much, and cutting is tough because I don't eat enough. And cardio. Who likes cardio?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Thanksgiving break is over :(
Well, that's what I meant, but either way, it's a tragedy. I have to leave for work in less than 30 minutes, so this is it for me. Didn't get ANYTHING done...eh, screw it, life goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Well, that's what I meant, but either way, it's a tragedy. I have to leave for work in less than 30 minutes, so this is it for me. Didn't get ANYTHING done...eh, screw it, life goes on.
Oh man. I had work for like 4 days in a row due to the holidays and these days were the hardest days I've ever had to work. Black Friday for retail is actually hell.

D

Deleted member 269706

Oh man. I had work for like 4 days in a row due to the holidays and these days were the hardest days I've ever had to work. Black Friday for retail is actually hell.
I can imagine...We got like no business in our fast food joints...heh, kinda nice actually. I mean, it gets boring, but not so bad. You said you work at Target, right?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I can imagine...We got like no business in our fast food joints...heh, kinda nice actually. I mean, it gets boring, but not so bad. You said you work at Target, right?
Until Friday, correct. Really sucks since I'm like 4 years younger than everyone there so I don't really have much to connect with people.

The Y-Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
onealfam
3DS FC
0173-1370-1553
For me it's the fact I literally just joined this place less than a day ago and people are already being... Not the best of people... I joined this place to have fun and make friends not have my depression increased.

D

Deleted member 269706

For me it's the fact I literally just joined this place less than a day ago and people are already being... Not the best of people... I joined this place to have fun and make friends not have my depression increased.
Take it easy man, the internet is full of sharks looking for pleasure. Most of them can only get it from putting others down. I guarantee you that no one here is out to get you, they're just rude without thought. Hang in there bud, it's a ****ty world, but that's why God gave us friends, right?

Also seem to be coming down with a cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Nobody is nice on the internet man.

The Y-Guy

Smash Rookie
NNID
onealfam
3DS FC
0173-1370-1553
I know, sorry about that -v-" just getting it outta mah sysem

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Bought Sm4shU last Saturday with a GCN adapter, everything worked perfectly, I'm excited as heck... and I can't play right now because this week I'll be full with tests and performances and stuff like that. I just want to play Sm4sh all day long :(

Also, the fact that this thread has 210 pages and the "Happy thread" doesn't even have 90 pages.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
anxiety/depression has been going haywire lately
little things set me up for nervous breakdowns

stupidest stuff is setting me off

family all agrees i need to see someone (i don't blame em. i agree with them)

blah

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
What makes retail so horrible? I used to believe it's not as bad as fast food jobs, but you guys make it sound like it's pure torture.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I don't work in it, but I imagine it's the 'customer's always right' mentality a lot of people (and businesses or managers) have, along with the natural chaos of certain times of the year (such as Black Friday).

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I converted m hourly wage to an anual wage and I'm making slightly above 42,000 per year (before taxes) and yet I'm sill not comfortable renting any of he apartments within a commutable distance to work. I can't afford it, rent costs are so crazy in this country.

Maybe not, I'm having better luck trying out differnet seach engines.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I've been hear for well around 2 ½ years and I still get anxiety on Smashboards. Sometimes to the point where I'm afraid to log in or read my alerts feed. Whether its from inconsiderate posts I've made or having an argument ripped to shreds. But it usually gets less severe the more you get to know a community. And even then there's still tons of fun discussions and games around here.

Besides, I wouldn't have joined if I wasn't interested in Smash Bros. to begin with. The prospect of discussing a passion of mine with like-minded people warrants any sour moments. Relax, man. It'll get better with time.

I see you like Brawl and Smash 4. Have you visited any of their social threads yet? The atmosphere in there is usually casual and light-hearted. And if there happens to be an interrogation or a flame war or something, I guarantee you it'll get settled in a couple pages and it'll be buddy-buddy again.

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I repeatedly call my friend to no answer. I understand he has a life and doesnt want to play Smash with me all day, but maybe an hour here and there every few days? The game is new yet he doesnt play it.

The guy wont even pass on a message to his little brother to join my room. (Hes 11 and beats me regularly)

Ive given up. I havent tried ANY contacts since Sunday... You would think a friend would also pull his half of the friendship together but I havent heard a word from him. Im wondering if I should give up on this and just see if he calls after a week or so...

DestinyDecade

Smash Rookie
Depression is at full swing... and I'm a chronic victim of it.

Next to having to do with my YouTube Job, I have this loneliness. Not many people to talk to on the internet, not many people to meet. I do want to go out and meet no people but money is a factor.

i have no job and my YouTube thing is the only thing that supports me. It won't last that's for sure because once I get a job, I can say I quit and tell YouTube to (bleep) off.

But anyway, I'm under heavy depression and it's gotten to the point where I may reach that inevitable moment. Yeah... you can tell where this is going.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Depression is at full swing... and I'm a chronic victim of it.

Next to having to do with my YouTube Job, I have this loneliness. Not many people to talk to on the internet, not many people to meet. I do want to go out and meet no people but money is a factor.

i have no job and my YouTube thing is the only thing that supports me. It won't last that's for sure because once I get a job, I can say I quit and tell YouTube to (bleep) off.

But anyway, I'm under heavy depression and it's gotten to the point where I may reach that inevitable moment. Yeah... you can tell where this is going.
You wanna play smash 3ds with me?

Any chance that'll cheer you up!?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If I have spare time after doing YouTube stuff then sure.
Cool that works. I won't be able to play until I'm home with my internet, around 6:ish.

I just om'd you my friend code.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
And now the joystick(movement pad thing) on my 3DS is malfunctioning. It sticks in whatever direction whenever I move. I am going to have to add going to gamestop to cash in on my warranty to my list of million things I don't have time to do.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
How am I supposed to avoid double posting when the traffic in this thread is so slow?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
How am I supposed to avoid double posting when the traffic in this thread is so slow?
1: Double-posting doesn't fly with the mods in certain boards.
2: Editing is good for touching up errors or quickly changing any thoughts you may regret later.
3: Sticky threads are in less need of bumping than others. Discussion will come eventually.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And what would be the purpose of that?
Editing your post does not have the theraputic effect that creating a new post has.
Ah. Well if it's a matter if your post being read, it will be eventually. Probably within 20 hours based on the rate of this thread. You just edit with an update.

If it's a matter of an implicit therapeutic benefit received from making a new post, maybe make a social group where you can multipost however much you want? If not, you're always welcome to post on my wall :).

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well the L Button on my 3DS is breaking apart. I have no idea why but every now and then it flat out doesn't work. Blowing air into it temporarily fixes it, and I'm worried that sooner or later it'll flat out stop working.

I've been considering sending it to Nintendo, but it's rather expensive to fix only one button (though I hear it's because they completely refurbish it).

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Well the L Button on my 3DS is breaking apart. I have no idea why but every now and then it flat out doesn't work. Blowing air into it temporarily fixes it, and I'm worried that sooner or later it'll flat out stop working.

I've been considering sending it to Nintendo, but it's rather expensive to fix only one button (though I hear it's because they completely refurbish it).
My R button had the same issue recently, but it was working fine when I decided to play Smash last night. It might be a temporary thing. When I tried blowing it or using compressed air while it wasn't working, it didn't help at all. I had to put my mouth completely over it to blow out the dust and have it work.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
My R button had the same issue recently, but it was working fine when I decided to play Smash last night. It might be a temporary thing. When I tried blowing it or using compressed air while it wasn't working, it didn't help at all. I had to put my mouth completely over it to blow out the dust and have it work.
I remember it appearing when I got that Smash demo a while back. Since then it's been on and off. Personally I've been thinking it may have something to do with the spring.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm playing an old flash game I used to love, way back in 2007.

It brings so many memories

2007 was the year I was going to college for a field I really enjoyed doing

It was the year I felt I had purpose, a goal to obtain.

The flash game reminds me of it, because flash was one of the things I had classes in.

However, 2007 is also the year my life kind of fell apart and I ended up dropping out of school.

Since then, I've gone to school again and am about to graduate from it. But I don't feel the same hope I had back when I first started.

Although I've accomplished a lot this year, I don't feel very accomplished. Maybe it's because I'm accomplishing those things a lot later than I was suppose to.

For a long time I had felt my life was headed toward a certain direction. But it just never happened. It didn't turn out the way I thought it was

LadyKillaCaillou

Smash Rookie
I'm playing an old flash game I used to love, way back in 2007.

It brings so many memories

2007 was the year I was going to college for a field I really enjoyed doing

It was the year I felt I had purpose, a goal to obtain.

The flash game reminds me of it, because flash was one of the things I had classes in.

However, 2007 is also the year my life kind of fell apart and I ended up dropping out of school.

Since then, I've gone to school again and am about to graduate from it. But I don't feel the same hope I had back when I first started.

Although I've accomplished a lot this year, I don't feel very accomplished. Maybe it's because I'm accomplishing those things a lot later than I was suppose to.

For a long time I had felt my life was headed toward a certain direction. But it just never happened. It didn't turn out the way I thought it was

Hey, I hope you can realize that you overcame something. I dont know your situation fully, but whatever made your life fall apart and caused you to drop out of school has gone by, and you are back in school, going to graduate, and back on track. And quite honestly, it doesnt matter what "pace" you get through school at, because just by finishing up you are putting yourself so far in life. You should be proud of yourself for having the determination to get back at it and finish strong. <3

Edit: My gf just dumped me, sad boys

Last edited:
Top Bottom