• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I got a ticket today

It really frustrates me because I wanted to leave work early but I suffered through while sick for more money

But if I had left early I would have actually had more money

Honestly I don't even feel like going to work tomorrow because I know any money I make during the day is going to be worthless

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
I got a ticket today

It really frustrates me because I wanted to leave work early but I suffered through while sick for more money

Honestly I don't even feel like going to work tomorrow because I know any money I make during the day is going to be worthless
Just contest the ticket repeatedly, eventually they'll drop it if you make it a big enough hassle for them. I've done this 4 separate times now. As long as they don't have photo/video evidence you're fine.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I got a ticket today

Did you know that every 5th hour you work goes to the government?
(it's actually more)
Have fun at work :chuckle:

Last edited:

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
Unhappy
Had a good 30 minutes to talk to her, and I didn't

Don't know why though
Dem feels get in the way of logic, man.

So am I supposed to just walk up and be like "hey, I like you." or what? I don't get this stuff, I never have.
If you bottle it up and don't let her know, it will just eat away at you mentally and drive you crazy. Try to find a remote area and let the chick know you dig her. Tell her how you feel, but try to keep it simple. Don't overdo it.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, so shoot and see what happens.

Genocyde

Smash Cadet
It's really ironic how I give all this advice on talking to girls yet it's still hard for me.

Girls are weird
Nah, it's all good man. Just because you have a decent understanding on how to approach women doesn't mean you're completely immune to still getting those jitters every now and then.

You literally have nothing to lose, yet because of the fear of rejection and the anxiety that comes with it, your rational thinking gets clouded. Some ******* will do that to you.

Last edited:

CoolPalMitch

Smash Cadet
NNID
mitchgamelover
I'd rather not go into the specifics about what happened, but today I got really frustrated at something, and I was in a bad mood because of it.

Then later today I realized I forgot to do something important and just damn near exploded because of it.

I hate it when I get angry. I act like a 6 year old. I'll go berserk for like 5 minutes, and then afterward I'll just have a little *****fit and just in general act unpleasant to people around me. Thankfully, I apologized to the people who I acted like a jerk towards and they accepted it.

Whenever things like this happen, they're always stuck in the back of my mind eternally, and I'm always ashamed of myself when I think of them. That might be one of the reasons I feel I have below-average self-esteem.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I really hate my job. After a day of work (which is short, only 4 hours) I honestly just feel like killing myself. It really sucks, but I'm not quitting until I get a job somewhere else.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Okay. Tomorrow I'm going to do it for sure. I'll be sure to not spill my bag of spaghetti all over the place when I talk to her

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just relax b, there's nothing special to it and from your pictoras post you seemed to at least be decent looking (dat phone shield), so like really it's no sweat.

Girls are just people. :/

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
First day of work tomorrow. Been in my bed for nearly 3 hours and can't sleep.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
What kinda work are you doing?
I am keeping track of the location and information of new work orders for the state energy company.

I got zero hours of slepe last night, my supervisor who was training me had to bail half way through to attend to other things. So I have been instructed to 'sit tight' which would be fin if i didn't take all my energy to stay awake while at the sametime maintain first day professionaism.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Potential major problems at work already. Oh Boy!

I think we can excuse the double post when its 4 days apart.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
It's coming out of his pockets already
Mom's spaghetti
I don't want to be that guy but it's:

Palms are sweaty
Knees weak, arms are heavy
Vomit on my sweater already
Mom’s spaghetti

Yeah, lost his dinner, that's why the spaghetti comes in.

I am keeping track of the location and information of new work orders for the state energy company.

I got zero hours of slepe last night, my supervisor who was training me had to bail half way through to attend to other things. So I have been instructed to 'sit tight' which would be fin if i didn't take all my energy to stay awake while at the sametime maintain first day professionaism.
Potential major problems at work already. Oh Boy!

I think we can excuse the double post when its 4 days apart.
If it makes you feel any better I'd much rather have your job any day of the week. Hang in there.

Did you know that every 5th hour you work goes to the government?
(it's actually more)
Have fun at work :chuckle:
Shouldn't complain about that. In most western countries if you lose your job the government gives you the absolute minimum standard of living until you find a job, if not even most of it in much of Europe. I like social programs and not having the strongest of fears that if I lose my job or family then I'm literally homeless with no social safety net. I don't mind paying, but then again I'm not American and I believe in a stronger safety net than my own country has now. Think of it as paying back into society. Universal health care isn't remotely free either, we pay for it all our lives through that tax, but it's the better way imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare's_effect_on_poverty

In the west outside the U.S. welfare means more than the handouts to poor people. This is taking the whole massive welfare system infrastructure into account, cradle to grave.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I don't want to be that guy but it's:

Palms are sweaty
Knees weak, arms are heavy
Vomit on my sweater already
Mom’s spaghetti

Yeah, lost his dinner, that's why the spaghetti comes in.
It's a joke man. Learn your spaghetti

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
If it makes you feel any better I'd much rather have your job any day of the week. Hang in there.
That doesn't make me feel better at all. The implication is that your work life isn't very good which is a shame because you seem like a nice guy.

I heard back from a job I interviewed for and I didn't get the job. They said it was close but the other candidate was just a better match. I still have another job position I am waiting to hear back from and I don't feel secure with my current job so I'm desperate. I am going to pray a lot and stop sinning and hopefully that helps.

R0Y

Smash Master
That doesn't make me feel better at all. The implication is that your work life isn't very good which is a shame because you seem like a nice guy.

I heard back from a job I interviewed for and I didn't get the job. They said it was close but the other candidate was just a better match. I still have another job position I am waiting to hear back from and I don't feel secure with my current job so I'm desperate. I am going to pray a lot and stop sinning and hopefully that helps.
Sorry to hear that :/
Toik me months to find my first non-temporary job. You're also not alone in having trouble finding other jobs, it's a tough job market :(

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Teran, your posts are always my favorites.

****ty stuff happened this week but its all over now and good things happened so ill post in the happy thread

tho i do look like death and I'm just exhausted as all heck
ughhhh i need to sleep more

---

really really upset again.
just
i got a message related to the thing that made me post in the unhappy thread
and i just
I'm just really sad now

blah....

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I was let off of the training for the job I was accepted for, and thus was not allowed to get the job. :crying:

I saw that my problem was that, while I took lots of notes, including what to say/not say and how to say/not say it, when it came down to simple roleplaying, I just....kept fumbling. I tried my best to complete but I always stammered or forgot something. Cause I just can't keep a conversation with a potential customer flowing and putting in info into the system that has some issues at the same time. I've found that I had a perfectionist attitude and that...cost me the opportunity. Worse, I kept telling my parents it was all ok and I would get better the day before because I wanted to believe that I could do it all myself. I had such high hopes... I mean, I can communicate well with anything in a typed form, and can talk about certain things in person in a casual setting, but talking to people I don't know about issues in a short time period...

It's ironic too, I opened up a bit with the trainer and fellow trainees, who were all very nice people. But like...I'm gonna miss them all so much. I get so easily attached. I wish I didn't get so attached but like...one of the ladies there was so sweet and motherly and... ;____; I don't want to think I'll never see any of them again. I get lonely quite easily.

And just...the trainer did see it would be too stressful for me. I felt a headache coming on when another team was talking very loudly in role play, and I let some things bother me at the break room too, some commercials on TV. I WANT TO FIX THIS. I WANT TO GET OVER MY OWN PERSONAL DEMONS BUT I CANNOT DO IT ON MY OWN. I NEED PROFESSIONAL HELP. But I am denied that because mom says no, she doesn't have much money and there's family to take care of. The fact that I had to wake up super early each morning and drive far and mom sacrificed so much, didn't help.

I don't know what to do...I was so desperate to be earning money and get the customer service skill that... I even feel there's something wrong with me that even I cannot change...that it's even interfering with my life. :crying:

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Handed in my two weeks notice today. Glad to finally get the **** out of Target for good. Retail is honestly the worst thing ever.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My body is kicking its own ass because I accidentally fell in love with someone.

I can tell by the constant anxiety attacks and the fact I haven't breathed properly in a week.

D

Deleted member 269706

My body is kicking its own *** because I accidentally fell in love with someone.

I can tell by the constant anxiety attacks and the fact I haven't breathed properly in a week.
Tell me about it. Ever wake up feeling like you're about to throw up because of anxiety?

evmaxy54

Smash Champion
NNID
maXywashere
Got my first gig tomorrow night (which should be great banter, but my band are rather mediocre & only doing a few songs, one of which we are thinking of dropping in favour of a rap that we haven't started writing because shooting ourselves in the foot is the new trend),
Got two assignments for this week (one for Tuesday which thankfully is nearly done & and one for Friday which I haven't started yet)
And I got a Grade 6 exam on Thursday which I need a miracle to do well in.

/smashblogs

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I was sick a week ago and it started clearing up. Just as the runny nose was going away I am sick again. It isn't a terrible sickness but I hate stuffy noses and my body aching. So much for an enjoyable Thanksgiving break... at least i have smash.

On another note, I am started to get sick of my "Friends." I called friend 1 and t seemed like 3 of his other friends from school were over and I wasn't invited. I played it cool and just tried talking to him about Pokemon and Smash but he seemed uninterested and wasn't listening.

Friend 2 has NO FREE TIME... He is always doing something amd never has time to answer my calls/texts. I texted him today and he replied with "I won't have much free time until Tuesday, we can play Smash then..."

I just want a friend that loves the same things I do, being a Nintendo fan at 14 in Highschool is hard. You can't make many friends that have the same interests and the others say they are baby games. I'd love to have a friend that wanted to take smash to a competitive level and actually WANTS to play a lot.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Well I've been applying to colleges for the past week now and I'm starting to doubt if I'll get in any of them. Every time I go to school, it seems like everyone around me is just better than me. People in my classes have already gotten accepted to amazing universities, and I'm still applying to colleges that I'll most likely get rejected by. My dad keeps telling me to apply to Princeton (yeah, that Princeton) when my grades are mainly Bs and I'm not the best student out there. He even brags about it all the time to his friends/family members. I feel like I'm just going to work at some crappy job while I watch my classmates accomplish great things.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
getting sick
zero drive to do work
boyfriend accidentally got drunk last night and got super sick and i had to care for him so we are both exhausted and i just feel so bad because he was dehydrated before drinking and didnt realize it and blahh
poor bby
; -- ; / hope he will feel better tomorrow

Top Bottom