• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Undead Brampton Thread/Cemetery: Watch out for Zombies (and Geist)

Geist

Smash Master
Well the surrounding areas are great and always active. There's a good Brawl and Melee scene and the Melee scene in particular is the best in the country and up there in the world.
You probably won't have to drive for more than an hour in any direction to find a good amount of tournaments. I'm not so sure about Brawl's main concentration, but I think they have monthlies or even bi-weeklies that you can go to. It's also a very plausible idea that you can hold your own small house tournaments and get people from the GTA and the surrounding areas to go to you.
And there's always the possibility of attracting more people you know to play smash and becoming the new Brampton crew lol

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
At least you're improving though. You've improved a lot since that first tourney I met you at.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Whatchu talkin bout, something momentous happened.

Posts were made in the brampton thread.

Geist

Smash Master
But nobody plays anymore lol
It's kinda sad, considering there's so many people listed on the OP and none of them are active.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Guys, leave the cemetery in a quiet, orderly fashion. Disturbing the dead is a disrespectful notion.

With that being said, Brampton still sucks.

Crooked Crow

You're still coming back to Ontario in December, right?

Book those tickets earlier before prices rise. Or build that teleportation device. Faster. Quicker.

Restore the universe of Caledon to its former, unparalleled glory.

Aquaman

Smash Rookie
I'm from Brampton and I want to see some smash tourneys happening! Melee by the way, no Brawl, that's just gay.

Crooked Crow

I'm from Brampton and I want to see some smash tourneys happening! Melee by the way, no Brawl, that's just gay.
Brampton used to be an active Melee scene, but it died out, just like Mississauga. The city that hosts tournaments around here [and the only one not completely dead in Ontario] is Toronto.

Here's the thread. This is where people in our region congregate. You'll have to do a bit of traveling, but our community is generally very welcoming and we love receiving new players. Check it out, the next tournament is being hosted in Toronto on January 14th, I believe.

Geist

Smash Master
Brampton used to have like the highest concentration of melee players in the GTA lol, we had like 25 players at our height.

Speaking of which I'm back in town for the week. Maybe we can arrange something hmm?

Crooked Crow

I actually quit smash, Bren. :<

But I'll still come to your house and run Melee for hours. Sorry about not being able to come last time. :(

Crooked Crow

Smash is outdated and bad now. But lemon squares and Sheik vs. Samus shenanigans are okay. I guess.

Crooked Crow

People always pull that gimmick. WoW has updates, each expansion is essentially a different game.

Geist

Smash Master
It's not really a gimmicky argument though considering blizzard's very definition of rpg is based off of a dated formula.
Meanwhile gameplay mechanics are still being adopted from smash's formula, albeit poorly in most cases.

If you're speaking dated in terms of community, then yeah, smash is pretty old
if you're talking about gameplay mechanics I could write you a paper on why they still hold up

anyways I'm just joshin ya lol
lemon squares for everyone

but really if you want I could give you rundown on game design elements and fundamentals pertaining to games that utilize skinner-box psychological effects for their base gameplay in comparison to ones that utilize a more fluid balance/counter-balance system

Top Bottom