• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE Undead Brampton Thread/Cemetery: Watch out for Zombies (and Geist)

4Serial

Smash Lord
oh **** there's two of me LOL

I miss smash :( been playing MvC3 to satisfy my competitive gaming..
people play mad gay in that game lolol
Found work and it's gonna take over my life :(

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
THIS THREAD AIN'T DEAD! I CAME TO TELL YOU ALL THAT THERE WILL BE A SMASH BROS MELEE TOURNEY ON MY BIRTHDAY SUNDAY COMING!

Featured Tournament Super Smash Bros: Melee Gamecube

New A & C Expansion
702A Spadina Avenue

- $5 admission, with admission you get a $5 A&C Games coupon.
- an additional $10 for Super Smash Bros. Melee GC. Registration starts at 12:00 PM and ends at 1 PM, tournament will start around 1 PM. Event ends at 6 PM.

-Bring your DS's and 3DS's for Street Passes and DS Lan parties.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please make sure you eat lunch before you come and take smoke breaks, washroom breaks before the tournaments start, we will be disqualifying people if they don't report within 2 minutes of us calling their name.

- Check out our name arcade and gaming area!
- Bring your friends!
-Thanks to 3kb.ca and Zero Edge

(Super Smash Bros. Melee)

1st Place: $100 worth of gift cards (not finalized)
2nd Place: $50 gift card (not finalized)
3rd Place: $20 gift card (not finalized)

(Prizes are subject to change during the event as needed.

Super Smash Bros. Melee (Gamecube) - Rules

Neutral Stage: A neutral stage is any stage allowed in the initial random select for the first game of a match (i.e. Battlefield).
Banned Stage: A banned stage is any stage that is not allowed either in the initial random select or by choice in games two and three (i.e. Temple).
Available Stage: An available stage is any stage that can be chosen by a player in games two and three. These include all of the neutral stages, but exclude all banned stages. Therefore, all neutral stages are available stages, but not all available stages are neutral. For example, Poké Floats is an available stage that is not a neutral stage.
edit 1-on-1

* best 2 out of 3 matches to a set (best 3 out of 5 matches to a set in the Semi-Finals, and best 4 out of 7 matches in the final round).
* Double Elimination.
* Each match is played with timed stock, 3 lives and 8 minutes.

* In the case that time runs out and both characters have an equal amount of lives, the character with less damage wins the match. If both characters have equal lives and damage, Sudden Death will determine the winner.

* Items are turned off.
* The first match is played with a Random Stage.

* The random select is comprised of neutral stages:

* Yoshi's Story
* Fountain of Dreams
* Battlefield
* Dream Land (N64)
* Final Destination

* In some tournaments, players are given the option to "strike" stages from the random select

* For the first match, characters are chosen double-blind - at the same time, so that neither player knows his opponent's character beforehand. In practice, this rule is often ignored, but players always reserve the option to force a double-blind pick.
* The loser of the first match (and of successive matches) chooses the next stage, and then the winner chooses his character, and then the loser chooses his character. This series of choices is called slob picks.

* The loser can pick either a neutral stage or a counterpick stage:

* Corneria
* Green Greens
* Jungle Japes
* Kongo Jungle
* Kongo Jungle (N64)
* Mute City
* Onett
* Poke Floats
* Pokemon Stadium
* Rainbow Cruise

* The loser cannot pick any banned stages:

* Brinstar Depths
* Flat Zone
* Great Bay
* Icicle Mountain
* Hyrule Temple
* Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
* Yoshi's Island (N64)
* Venom
* Fourside
* Princess Peach's Castle
* Mushroom Kingdom I
* Big Blue
* Mushroom Kingdom II

* The loser can also not choose any stage that has already been played earlier that round. This rule is known as "Dave's Stupid Rule," named after Scamp.
* As with the first match, in some tournaments players can strike stages from the opponent's selection.

From SmashWiki, the Super Smash Bros. wiki

Additional Information

(BYOC) Bring your own controllers (recommended). Some gamecube controllers will be provided.

We reserve the right to change the rules if we see fit for the tournament.

Game will be free to play and practice for everyone before and after the tournament. Just take turns with whoever wants to play.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I honestly like the large stagelist, even though I know I'm going to get ***** by Fox with it. Also I know exactly where that is so I'll go.

Seriously great store as well.

Geist

Smash Master
AWYP ends on the 7th, so I'll bulk update then. I should have my other stuff done then too.
:D

Also I think I'm getting good at this game.

WIGI

Smash Champion
i get to play again in 7 days! with a guy who isn't great or anything, but wants to get better. plays c falcon and doctor mario..

i should be fine lol =P

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Wow, deader than most threads.

Anyways trying to get a national going, it'll cost you probably about the same as it does Toronto people.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
I just came in here to see if there's a Melee tournament happening soon.

That one LL62 is talking about passed right? Anything else coming up?

Geist

Smash Master
Miss you too J :[

Sakurai said in an interview that he's at least acknowledging the competitive crowd, or at least he indirectly said so. It also won't be just him balancing the game, but a team. That and he said the game will be unlike both melee and bawrl. (also I heard some nintendo big-shot will be at genesis or something, as well as an mlg rep.)
And with all the 3rd party support the WiiU has, I expect nintendo to be gravitating back towards core gamers to some degree. This will all probably end up meaning that it'll be better than brawl, but probably not as great as melee, at least in the competitive sense. Which I'm fine with, as long as I don't have to feel like I'm underwater when I play.
lol long post ftl

Geist

Smash Master
I have a Deviantart now btw J lol
uninfinitum.deviantart.com
I still have a few things to upload, but I'm too much of a procrastinator.

Geist

Smash Master
Oh man, back in the day Brampton was a bustling little city of smash. The original Brampton crew has more or less dispersed. Gone on to pursue life stuff, or moved, or in my case both. A few Brampton kids still play though, but more or less what's left of Brampton was - and is - still not much of a Brawl playing town. If I recall correctly, Nightmare plays a bit of Brawl, and I think he's still sort of active in smash, he just doesn't go to smashboards often.

Actually I think Wigi is back in Brampton. He plays Brawl pretty well. Maybe Btown people might post again now that the thread's getting a bit of attention i unno.

Now we can both wear glorious pink names.
Sexy amirite

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Nightmare plays solely Melee and Marvel vs. Capcom, if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, our pink names ****. And the original Melee crew have all left. Including yourself. :(

Geist

Smash Master
Ah. Nevermind then lol

Well I still play when I can. Which admittedly isn't much. And plus, when I do come back to ON, I live in Caledon anyways lol. It's still like a walk away from the welcome to btown sign though.
And to think at one point our numbers blackened the skies.

leafshadow

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, back in the day Brampton was a bustling little city of smash. The original Brampton crew has more or less dispersed. Gone on to pursue life stuff, or moved, or in my case both. A few Brampton kids still play though, but more or less what's left of Brampton was - and is - still not much of a Brawl playing town. If I recall correctly, Nightmare plays a bit of Brawl, and I think he's still sort of active in smash, he just doesn't go to smashboards often.

Actually I think Wigi is back in Brampton. He plays Brawl pretty well. Maybe Btown people might post again now that the thread's getting a bit of attention i unno.

Sexy amirite
Another case of I arrived too late :/

Top Bottom