• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The ULTIMATE Probable Playable Characters In Brawl Analysis Topic!(1 week til Brawl!)

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, looks like that Geno rumor has been disproven. As for today's update, while we were definitely overdue for a Pokeball Pokemon update, we are even more overdue for a new character in my opinion. The only character to not have their special moves or Final Smash in an update is Zelda. I amhoping they get around to Zelda this week....

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
Zelda specials would be nice, yes. As for Geno, I dont know that much about him aside from what I've read on wikipedia and this site, but, does he remind anyone else of Puppetmon from digimon season 1? (lolerskates)

I think he would be an interesting playable though, always nice to see more characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zelda specials would be nice, yes. As for Geno, I dont know that much about him aside from what I've read on wikipedia and this site, but, does he remind anyone else of Puppetmon from digimon season 1? (lolerskates)

I think he would be an interesting playable though, always nice to see more characters.
If anything, Puppetmon was based on Geno...but Geno is not a puppet anyway...

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
ChronoBound, that is by far the best character roster on Smashboards. In depth analysis, well reasonable argument, and the most thorough list I've ever seen. Well done, sir.
Thank you very much for your compliment. I am looking to make a massive overhaul of my analyses, however, I have been very busy lately with college work, so it won't be next week or the week after. Also, preventing me from making massive updates is the lack of new information relating to characters.

Well, I hope we get a new character tonight. However, I think a Final Smash update is more likely.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
I hear that. I have this niggling feeling we'll be seeing King Dedede's Final Smash.

Anyway, we'll see. *Sets clock for 30 minutes*

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, a double update. One is something known since E4ALL, while the other is music. If we do get a character update on Friday, I think it will be a new character being unveiled.

Axon

Smash Rookie
I think adding Ridley as a boss only is unacceptable.
The Metroid and Metroid prime series bring a more mature audience to Nintendo, and leaving out its greatest antagonist as a playable character will bring disappointment to many people. As polls suggest, Ridley (among others) is more popular to western gamers than others. If Sakurai ignores views of western gamers, he will lose a lot of sales due to characters and features being excluded. In fact, I’ve seen much less deserving characters get into the Smash Bros games and it angers me.

As for the controversy around Ridley, It's not so much wielding an uber powerful character as it is having your favourite Nintendo series being represented. This also applies to other Nintendo genres, but Metroid deserves more than one representative in brawl. Any Nintendo series included in brawl should include a protagonist and an antagonist (if any) at a ‘Minimum’.

It would be a lot easier for our favourite characters to be included if the character limit was dramatically extended. Being the third installment on a next generation system, it deserves a massive character list for more replayability and online competition.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much for your compliment. I am looking to make a massive overhaul of my analyses, however, I have been very busy lately with college work, so it won't be next week or the week after. Also, preventing me from making massive updates is the lack of new information relating to characters.

Well, I hope we get a new character tonight. However, I think a Final Smash update is more likely.
I higly doubt we're going to get any in December.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Look, Ridley is just impossible. He only flies, and can hardly walk. He's also too big, and I don't see him do more than hitting others with his tail and fire breathing, with perhaps a biting attack with it. He's cool, but just not makeable, unless you'd take away from him what made him Ridley. Just like players like Skull Kid and Isaac, he's got a very slim chance of making it. Because Skull Kid has too many stuff unknown to him, and has no real moves without the Majora's mask, and because Isaac would be a new faster Ike. I know it'd be cool if they'd get in, but they probably just won't.

Already confirmed(come on, you KNOW he's in), but not on the Dojo yet, is the guy with the original punch.

I really feel like he's an unlockable this time around again. It has got to be the only reason why they didn't anounce him yet. His move set is not taken by another char, and he's been one of the most used characters since Smash 64.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Look, Ridley is just impossible. He only flies, and can hardly walk. He's also too big, and I don't see him do more than hitting others with his tail and fire breathing, with perhaps a biting attack with it. He's cool, but just not makeable, unless you'd take away from him what made him Ridley. Just like players like Skull Kid and Isaac, he's got a very slim chance of making it. Because Skull Kid has too many stuff unknown to him, and has no real moves without the Majora's mask, and because Isaac would be a new faster Ike. I know it'd be cool if they'd get in, but they probably just won't.
Um, did you even rwad my analyses for Ridley, Isaac, and Skull Kid. Your points about Ridley were already covered and countered in my Ridley analysis. Isaac is able to use psychic attacks and magic, and is hardly an Ike-clone. Skull Kid even I admit is unlikely.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658

Try make a playable character from that. He is nearly as big as Melee's Giga Bowser there.

Look, I'm looking at it generally. I hate to break it to you, but if you look from the general side, there's no chance for Ridley becoming a playable character. Maybe if you look more advanced at it like you did, there's a chance, and I'd be all for Ridley being playable. But Sakurai kind of dislikes Metroid, and I doubt his first impressions of Ridley will make him think "what a great character to make".

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
(pic)

Try make a playable character from that. He is nearly as big as Melee's Giga Bowser there.

Look, I'm looking at it generally. I hate to break it to you, but if you look from the general side, there's no chance for Ridley becoming a playable character. Maybe if you look more advanced at it like you did, there's a chance, and I'd be all for Ridley being playable. But Sakurai kind of dislikes Metroid, and I doubt his first impressions of Ridley will make him think "what a great character to make".
LOL, because it's completely impossible to re-size him like they did with Bowser, mirite?

And Sakurai dosen't dislike Metroid. In fact IIRC he said he wanted MORE Metroid characters in.

Percon

Smash Lord

Look at the size of Ridley in the Melee intro. He's hardly bigger than Samus (or so I recall). Also, in the Metroid Prime series he's not too big, either (though, they might need to resize a little bit, but like someone said they resized for Bowser)

Zevox

Smash Lord

Where are you pulling this bull from? Where on earth has Sakurai ever said that he dislikes Metroid? I've never heard any such thing - I even seem to recall him saying shortly after the first trailer was shown that he put in ZSS specifically because he wanted to put in more Metroid characters.

And seriously, its not like characters haven't been resized to fit into SSB before. In some of his games Bowser is big enough to eat Mario in one bite, and Kirby is only supposed to be 8 inches tall, yet they were shrunk/enlarged to fit the game. Ridley is immensely popular among Metroid fans, and Sakurai displayed an interest in him as well (4 mentions in his journal, which is the "poll" stickied at the top of this forum, and he and Geno are the only characters with that many "votes" who haven't been confirmed yet).

And yeah, your previous statement about Isaac merely reveals you know nothing about him. The only similarity he has to Ike is that he uses a sword, and by no means would that make him similar in fighting style to Ike (or Link, or Marth, or Meta Knight, or any other sword-wielder), especially considering his earth-based psynergy skills are unique from any other character in SSB.

Zevox

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
metorid DOES deserve more characters..

because the series is one of the first "revolutionaries"..

along with super mario and the legend of zelda.

does sakurai have something against science fiction overral?

they could make ridleys wings retractable,re-size him, or better yet,
give him a newer LOOK.

smashbros is one for originality people, im sure ridley would make an excelent addition if the right precauotions are made...one thing.

i heard someone got a hold of a certain magazine and saw a pic of mario and samus fighting ridley as a boss...but he had percentages, rather than the health bar PeteyPiranha had.

think that over.

;)

EDIT:

and since when was the game called;

"SUPERsakuraionlyaddscharactershelikesSMASH BROS BRAWL!"
he can hate a chracter as much he wants, that STILL dosen't mean anything.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmm, that rumor NyaseNya made has disturbed by quite a bit. It could be yet another liar claiming to have inside information, but I am not too sure. A couple of weeks back there was a rumor on a Japanese blog that Brawl may be delayed again. I would wish to contact this NyaseNya, but his/her mailbox is full. If the game does end up being delayed again, I really wish that the full roster does get leaked in CoroCoro. Also, to mak,e matters worse the latest topic this person made got closed, so I can't notify him/her to clear some messages in their mailbox.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, that rumor NyaseNya made has disturbed by quite a bit. It could be yet another liar claiming to have inside information, but I am not too sure. A couple of weeks back there was a rumor on a Japanese blog that Brawl may be delayed again. I would wish to contact this NyaseNya, but his/her mailbox is full. If the game does end up being delayed again, I really wish that the full roster does get leaked in CoroCoro. Also, to mak,e matters worse the latest topic this person made got closed, so I can't notify him/her to clear some messages in their mailbox.
Wasn't Nya proven false? If not, what rumor?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Wasn't Nya proven false? If not, what rumor?
A few weeks ago, I found a rumor on a Japanese blog saying that people who reserved Brawl on Amazon were getting e-mails saying that the game may be delayed again because they are trying to place in all the characters everyone wants. Also, keep in mind Sakurai's language when the delay was announced, he said that he was hoping that he would complete development without incident. He does not guarantee that the remainder of development time will be smooth. The lack of characters he is showing on the Dojo and his refusal to show the game's character selection screen despite Brawl being about 1.5 months away from its Japanese release is a bit disconcerting.

He did not even do this with Melee. He orignally marked the space where Zelda was on the Melee screen as a question mark, leading a lot of people to believe that Sheik was a hidden character. However, this changed prior to release as we all know. Also, the character selection screen was able to make people have reasonable guesses for a probable roster, the range for the total characters ranged from 19 at minimum and 27 at maximum (there was quite a bit of debate as whether there would be hidden character-selection boxes).

Since we do not know the character selection screen, we have absolutely no idea how many characters there are going to be in Brawl, on some days he is dropping hints that character roster will have a low number of character (less than 36) while other days it can be inferred that there will be a lot of characters (40+). If he is still placing in characters at this point in development, I predict Brawl to be even more broken than Melee, because obviously the delay would not have been to balance the game then. Also, if he is still putting in characters at this point in development there is a good chance that Brawl may be delayed again, if he decides for Brawl not be horribly unbalanced.

Also, to those who are expecting something special out of CoroCoro, I think the most we will be getting out of it will be all the Final Smashes that have not been shown yet on the site, and maybe Falcon and Sheik as well. I am just becoming increasingly pessimistic and irked by Sakurai's obsession with secrecy.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
A few weeks ago, I found a rumor on a Japanese blog saying that people who reserved Brawl on Amazon were getting e-mails saying that the game may be delayed again because they are trying to place in all the characters everyone wants. Also, keep in mind Sakurai's language when the delay was announced, he said that he was hoping that he would complete development without incident. He does not guarantee that the remainder of development time will be smooth. The lack of characters he is showing on the Dojo and his refusal to show the game's character selection screen despite Brawl being about 1.5 months away from its Japanese release is a bit disconcerting.

He did not even do this with Melee. He orignally marked the space where Zelda was on the Melee screen as a question mark, leading a lot of people to believe that Sheik was a hidden character. However, this changed prior to release as we all know. Also, the character selection screen was able to make people have reasonable guesses for a probable roster, the range for the total characters ranged from 19 at minimum and 27 at maximum (there was quite a bit of debate as whether there would be hidden character-selection boxes).

Since we do not know the character selection screen, we have absolutely no idea how many characters there are going to be in Brawl, on some days he is dropping hints that character roster will have a low number of character (less than 36) while other days it can be inferred that there will be a lot of characters (40+). If he is still placing in characters at this point in development, I predict Brawl to be even more broken than Melee, because obviously the delay would not have been to balance the game then. Also, if he is still putting in characters at this point in development there is a good chance that Brawl may be delayed again, if he decides for Brawl not be horribly unbalanced.

Also, to those who are expecting something special out of CoroCoro, I think the most we will be getting out of it will be all the Final Smashes that have not been shown yet on the site, and maybe Falcon and Sheik as well. I am just becoming increasingly pessimistic and irked by Sakurai's obsession with secrecy.
Are u serious. Its already hard enough Brawl was suppose to be out a few days ago, and wait 1.5 months, but being delayed again... also we have 24 confirmed characters, 2 of which are 3rd party. Sakurais lack of characters is really not a good sign. On the other hand they might be unlockable.

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
The lack of characters is a huge concern for everyone, except for Sakurai it seems. If he is adding characters this late, its probably clones(even though he hates them) because I read on these boards that it takes 2 months to create a brand new moveset for a chracter and all the animations and other things that go along with that. Clones take much less time and he can give them a few moveset tweaks with it already made from whatever character is being cloned. I have to agree, this would be absolutely horrid for balance purposes, and would probably make him delay it to holiday '08. Not only would that be horrible for us the anxiously awaiting fans, but bad for his reputation and Nintendo's business for the year(Brawl will probably be their biggest selling title in 2008 if its released on time) or at least their first quarter sales. IF its delayed again, he better give us the entire roster to talk about and speculate about for another entire year of waiting. Honestly, I think that anything less that 36 characters would be a HUGE dissapointment to all of us, as it would barely trump melee's roster.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Nice Topic. I do think that the Legend Of Zelda, Metroid and Star Fox series need more reps. Hopefully Ganondorf and Falco will make a return, and hopefully Ridley will be another Metroid newcomer.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The lack of characters is a huge concern for everyone, except for Sakurai it seems. If he is adding characters this late, its probably clones(even though he hates them) because I read on these boards that it takes 2 months to create a brand new moveset for a chracter and all the animations and other things that go along with that. Clones take much less time and he can give them a few moveset tweaks with it already made from whatever character is being cloned. I have to agree, this would be absolutely horrid for balance purposes, and would probably make him delay it to holiday '08. Not only would that be horrible for us the anxiously awaiting fans, but bad for his reputation and Nintendo's business for the year(Brawl will probably be their biggest selling title in 2008 if its released on time) or at least their first quarter sales. IF its delayed again, he better give us the entire roster to talk about and speculate about for another entire year of waiting. Honestly, I think that anything less that 36 characters would be a HUGE dissapointment to all of us, as it would barely trump melee's roster.
A few things to note.
1)He only made Melee in 10 months. It may take 2 months for one character, but multiple people are working on the project, so it may not be as long, or they do multiple at a time.
2)The game will probably have around 36 (34-38). With some characters being removed from Melee, that would be about 15 new characters. That's quite a lot considering Melee had 14(with Sheik), six of whichj were clones.

As far as clones in Brawl, I'm OK for some. Characters like Falco, or even Ness, would work well as clones, probably better then their own character. The only problem is that it doesn't get flooded with the clones. That was Melee's problem.

As for Nya, I'm starting to think it's BS. I trusted Nya, but the responses to everyone else is what set him/her off. It seemed Nya was more interested in people believing him/her rather then informing people. Nya might have just been a troll the whole time.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Heh, looks like our only character update for the whole week is another Final Smash. There are only three Final Smashes that have not yet been up on the site, and they are for Sonic, Snake, and Zelda. Tomorrow will probably be a game mode or stage update.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
*sigh* What do you think we will be getting to end this poor week? I am thinking either a game mode or stage (less likely) update.

Top Bottom