• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think Pikachu could use some looking at.

1. ESAM - is one of the only two Americans to make top 4 at Apex
2. K Prime - got to second round of pools before falling to NickRiddle and Dark.Pch at Apex
3. Anther - is a mystery with a total 2011 tournament attendance of two
4. PikaPika! - didn't make it out of first round of pools at Apex...?
5. Z - made it to 17th in Apex brackets, defeating along the way Denti, Neath, Ravenlord, pwii, Trela, and Zex, with losses to Kakera, Vex Kasrani, Gnes, and M2K

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He is very good. A lot of it was culture shock, though--I've never played a good Fox in my life prior to that, and I have trouble against characters that move very quickly (case in point--Toon Link is my Kryptonite). I made a lot of amateurish mistakes because I didn't know how to react to anything.

:'(

--I've never played a good Fox in my life prior to that, .
This is part where I went into the corner crying.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I think Pikachu could use some looking at.

1. ESAM - is one of the only two Americans to make top 4 at Apex
2. K Prime - got to second round of pools before falling to NickRiddle and Dark.Pch at Apex
3. Anther - is a mystery with a total 2011 tournament attendance of two
4. PikaPika! - didn't make it out of first round of pools at Apex...?
5. Z - made it to 17th in Apex brackets, defeating along the way Denti, Neath, Ravenlord, pwii, Trela, and Zex, with losses to Kakera, Vex Kasrani, Gnes, and M2K
Pikax2 sold his spot in pools. He wanted to play UMvC and **** around. His pool was beyond free; that pool was ":pikachu2: friendly" free.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Is this list at least considering the region where people are winning tourneys/are placing in tourneys :I?

It's as if you were to say MVD should be higher than Havok for snake because he got 3rd/50 at a tourney in MD/VA as opposed to Havok getting like 7th at a Socal tourney I:

Weird example but you peoples should get my point :pichu:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Lada is pretty good imo, for what it's worth.

You were just told he habitually loses to ganons in tourney. Is this a rhetorical question?
This lol.

Not a slight against Prawn, as he's not bad or anything. But he's not exactly stellar. He rarely executes a successful CG, and in NE, whenever someone drops a CG, people yell "Prawn combo."

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Is this list at least considering the region where people are winning tourneys/are placing in tourneys :I?

It's as if you were to say MVD should be higher than Havok for snake because he got 3rd/50 at a tourney in MD/VA as opposed to Havok getting like 7th at a Socal tourney I:

Weird example but you peoples should get my point :pichu:
>Implying Md/Va would ever get 50 entrants.

:018:

:phone:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Z beat all of those people except Pwii.
He had to leave early because of parents and disqualified himself.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i got 3rd seed in my 1st round pool at apex w/ pikachu just saying :smirk:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
MMs should not count, wtf are u people thinking and if you do count them it should be a standard of 20+ to have it count, put that real pressure on you.

Also, I'm gonna pick up Ganon and replace Bloodynite, swag.
>Implying Md/Va would ever get 50 entrants.

:018:

20 is the new 50

:017:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
but I didn't argue myself ahead of him...
I

Why am I only #5 when only like 1 person agreed with that change? I don't mind being behind Lie, but if Lie is ahead of Felix then I should be too.
Do

Jebus, I haven't moved up, that's how it's been. Apex wasn't the end all be all tournament, moving me down for anyone other than lie would just be discrediting all of my other great placings the past 4 months (top 4 every single tournament with great wins). At Apex the only notable people I beat were Puffster and EE, but I did beat Tyrant in a MM also against his MK.
Believe

*still wondering why Lie is above Felix when no one said he should be*

People only said he should have been on the list, I understand that the logic would be that Felix doesn't travel OoS and only goes to WA tournaments of like 8 people so that Lie should be above him, but if Lie is going to move ahead of him then I should too. Like, no one really said anything about that Diddy list, kryst, so I don't really think it should be up.

Diddy list should be either:

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Lie/Player-1
4. Lie/Player-1
5. Felix

OR

1. ADHD
2. Gnes
3. Felix
4. Lie/Player-1
5. Lie/Player-1

Again, the logic being Felix doesn't go OoS and only goes to 10 man tournaments, but he's better than both me and Lie so that may or may not warrant a move down. Lie is also a better player than me, but he also uses MK to cover his bad MUs. Both mine and his Diddy are probably roughly around the same level since he knows some MUs better than me and I know some MUs better than him.
You

If Lie goes over Felix then I probably should too. Me and Lie are still pretty interchangeable due to him being the better player, but using other characters rather than Diddy. Also, I've been really consistent in my region. My last two tournaments in GA/AL I got 2nd to reflex both times and beating kismet both times, I still have some recentish wins over Kadaj, DRN twice (ZSS and MK), Micaelis, 4God (made it to bracket at Apex), elev8 twice (reflex's brother, great IC player), Saint (another great IC player), etc.. I did decent at Apex, I got to R2 pools losing to To Joe in R1 and Ally, Yukhoe, and Illmatic R2. I beat puffster and EE in pools, and beat Tyrant's MK in a MM (not that much money though, only $2, but still it's Tyrant, still a good win).

Personally, I think Felix is still better than me and Lie, he just doesn't get notable wins since he only stays in WA and loses to Jem every tournament and getting 2nd out of like 8 people. I'm not saying that I should be above him either, I'm just saying that if Lie is above him (whom I'm interchangeable with IMO) then I should too.
Did
dy.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Ultimately, it's wise to concede, cause if we argue semantics you'll be proven wrong in an instant with your straw man reasoning.

Kryz, you should probably just change the title to "Trolls trolling trolls Social"

Player-1

Smash Legend
McP took reflex to game 3 last hit but lost. I know that doesn't matter, but there's vids and I know you were complaining about him not have any vids

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hmmm i'm actually kinda interested in those cuz of all the hype surrounding the guy lol. Post em here when they're up p-1

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
I'm aware of Shaky and FOW's accomplishments as Ness mains, but what do Vice, Tyson and MIB have under their belts? Like I know I haven't been to enough OoP/OoC tournies to really prove myself (yet) but I'm curious as to where these three fall in the accomplishments department so I know how far I've yet to go.

Tearbear

Smash Ace
vice does plenty
he places well at champion events over here and any other event he goes to.

wins i can think of
X, raz, brian h, and mata

falln

Smash Ace
me and vice are in santa barbara which is pretty far away from all the socal tourneys but when i get him to go he does well. he got top 8 at e4hc as well as the wins terry mentioned

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
McP took reflex to game 3 last hit but lost. I know that doesn't matter, but there's vids and I know you were complaining about him not have any vids
I was gonna make a list of the players I've taken to game 3 and "last hit last stock", but then I saw that you said it doesn't matter, so crisis averted (the list is pretty impressive, for not mattering. :p)

Yes, I would really like to see those videos. As I have said, I don't have a problem putting someone who belongs ahead of me ahead of me, I'd just like visual evidence of it first.

That was just MegaRob, but McPP needs more vids, so good job P-1.
If you are implying that I took reflex to game 3, I do not remember that, it's kind of a blur, but I vaguely remember crying in the corner with the shower running afterwards and him smiling and rubbing his hands together and raising his eyebrows.

I've also never played a Wario who knows how to approach (edit: Other than reflex, though it was confusing). Not even saying I've never played a good Wario either. Most Warios are majorly bait-punish based.

Hmmm i'm actually kinda interested in those cuz of all the hype surrounding the guy lol. Post em here when they're up p-1
This.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I'm aware of Shaky and FOW's accomplishments as Ness mains, but what do Vice, Tyson and MIB have under their belts? Like I know I haven't been to enough OoP/OoC tournies to really prove myself (yet) but I'm curious as to where these three fall in the accomplishments department so I know how far I've yet to go.
Tyson is very inactive, but he's a great Ness who knows his stuff. The last time I saw him was LSC, which was his first tournament in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom