• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
O.o dabuz isnt doing anything witg pit, he uses pit on bad people but gets his placings with olimar technically.

Edit: why wait 3 months to take off pitzer, you just did an update, just update the pit list real quick too? Dont start making exceptions to the inactivity rule already now.
:phone:

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I think the zss list should be updated as

1) Nick Riddle
2) Dakpo
3) V115
4) Y.b.M.
5) Shlike/teevee?

I dont really play anymore. Salem hasnt really entered anything either and i dont think he will. Ive entered one tourney since apex and didnt play full zss. Salem has also only been to 2 tournaments ever. I feel other zss' should be recognized as top 5 instead if others are inactive. If salem becomes active then thats what updating is for.
As nice as it would be to be at the second spot again, I think you would be robbing yourself and Salem's accomplishments by not counting yourselfs.

BioDG

Smash Ace
I think the zss list should be updated as

1) Nick Riddle
2) Dakpo
3) V115
4) Y.b.M.
5) Shlike/teevee?

I dont really play anymore. Salem hasnt really entered anything either and i dont think he will. Ive entered one tourney since apex and didnt play full zss. Salem has also only been to 2 tournaments ever. I feel other zss' should be recognized as top 5 instead if others are inactive. If salem becomes active then thats what updating is for.
No....Salem should stay for now. It has only been two months or so since Apex and his performance is still listworthy. I think we should give recent inactivity more time unless the person comes up and says "hey I'm not playing anymore".

For now, the only thing that should eventually change the list, aside from your premature removal, is V115 jumping on the list.

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
He beat Larry, Terry, and Rich. LOL out of not SoCal's top 6 he's definitely got the highest ranked wins.

If he continued to play and just became more consistent he'd on the top 5.

I like how Havok wins a REGIONAL and is only 5th best snake. Fail.

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Prob is jebus got discredited for winning against larry cause he ***** him in LF of that same tourney without dropping a game or letting jebus take him to last stock and discredited against tearbear because he had gone rob or something one of the games, and he lost to his :lucas: I:...

jebus did have some really good wins tho, def better than that noob who loses to :ivysaur: p1 :I

4EVER 0-500 AGAINST :ivysaur: :pichu:

Edit: In how long have the snake spots not been updated? Havok should at least be moved up to 4th and Bizkit or mikeray > MVD xI

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pitzer hasn't been to anything besides Apex the past 6 months. I demand him be taken off, me moved up a spot, and Fyre taking the 5th spot. :smash::smash::smash:
Maybe if he does nothing in another 2-3 months then ya. But even last year pretty much his only losses were kadaj and boss. placing top at the locals he went to.
Honestly Luckay I'd put you at fourth and Dabuz at fifth because Dabuz has some success with the character results wise. PTZR though has some genuine results, but they are very old. Apex brought nothing to the table for him. So I agree with taking him off.
I know Kira will continue getting results for pit, I will always rep Pit best I can (including the next tourney I'm going to), ~ED~ still has stuff going on in Mexico, but it's really hard to keep track of. Luckay is the only active, decent Pit beyond that, and the rest is really hard to measure.

(and really I DO wanna put Fyre on because I know she is good but that'd be contradictory to the rules... I know she has a good pit in doubles, and has a few people backin her up but thats it... But I will honor the request of moving PTZR off when another 3 months have passed.
He did beat delta-cod at apex.

O.o dabuz isnt doing anything witg pit, he uses pit on bad people but gets his placings with olimar technically.

Edit: why wait 3 months to take off pitzer, you just did an update, just update the pit list real quick too? Dont start making exceptions to the inactivity rule already now.
dabuz beat ninjalink and john numbers with pit.

and cz he hasn't been inactive for 6 months =.=
Didn't pitzer get farther than any other pit users @ apex?

-yup

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
As Zigsta pointed out earlier, KingKong has quit the game, so the Bowser list is gonna need a change.

We're also more strapped for Bowser talent than ever before. None of us Bowser mains are top or high level players in the slightest, just from looking at our results. Zigsta is the closest to making the level jump, and is indisputably deserving of the #1 spot right now.

Limit has done okay for a Bowser in NY/NJ, but he hasn't entered a tourney since August, correct me if I'm wrong. I know he'll be active again soon, though. Once he returns, I have no doubt that he'll claim the #2 spot, and even challenge for #1.

Me? Ha, I'm free as hell in the grand scheme of things. The most I've got is a few wins against PRed/formerly PRed players, as well as wins against low-levels/randoms. I'm rising up, but I'm not a good player yet.

Calm_Animal (from Texas) is another active Bowser, but he seems to be in a similar position to me. He doesn't have any impressive results yet that I've seen, but he's rising up.

I haven't heard anything from Arlex in a long time, and I never knew much about him to begin with.

MrEh? Retired.

Vex? Doesn't main him anymore.

That's about it for Bowser MAINS, past and present. I know Tearbear, Z'zgashi, Bloodcross, and Nick Riddle have used Bowser in some capacity, but not as a main. I don't doubt that any of them could claim spots if they actually went mainly Bowser in tournaments consistently, though. Like I said, we're dying for fresh talent.

Until Limit returns and the rest of us Bowser mains step it up, this character hardly deserves a Top 5. Zigsta is our sole champion.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Shush canada srs bsns. Where are the results for all these locals @ Kuro? All I see is his performance at ONE tournament. So plz post some results of his attendance to tournaments from the beginning of October which is 6 months. Apex is one so just find one more. Even then I feel like I should be at least 4th and him 5th or take him off for Dabuz since John numbers and Ninjalink are solid wins. I'm still questioning why ~ED~ is 3rd, nothing said about him other than "he does pretty good in Mexico" which who knows how much validity lies in that.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I thought Dabuz went Olimar vs NL and John Numbers, but used Pit vs everyone else. I don't really remember but I do remember him going Pit most of the time, and Oli if it got serious.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Just want to let you know Krys, that Felix will be attending Phoenix 7 (a regional comprising of WA, BC, AB attendees). As far as I know, Felix is somewhat inactive but I think, judging by the results of this regional, we can think about putting him back on the list. He's really good, but I guess he's just inactive. He won the last Phoenix back in September or October if I recall. If anyone can let me know; when was the last time Felix played? I'm sure someone from the Diddy boards has followed up on this. Just wondering.

Neon!

Smash Lord
As Zigsta pointed out earlier, KingKong has quit the game, so the Bowser list is gonna need a change.

We're also more strapped for Bowser talent than ever before. None of us Bowser mains are top or high level players in the slightest, just from looking at our results. Zigsta is the closest to making the level jump, and is indisputably deserving of the #1 spot right now.

Limit has done okay for a Bowser in NY/NJ, but he hasn't entered a tourney since August, correct me if I'm wrong. I know he'll be active again soon, though. Once he returns, I have no doubt that he'll claim the #2 spot, and even challenge for #1.

Me? Ha, I'm free as hell in the grand scheme of things. The most I've got is a few wins against PRed/formerly PRed players, as well as wins against low-levels/randoms. I'm rising up, but I'm not a good player yet.

Calm_Animal (from Texas) is another active Bowser, but he seems to be in a similar position to me. He doesn't have any impressive results yet that I've seen, but he's rising up.

I haven't heard anything from Arlex in a long time, and I never knew much about him to begin with.

MrEh? Retired.

That's about it for Bowser MAINS, past and present. I know Tearbear, Z'zgashi, Bloodcross, and Nick Riddle have used Bowser in some capacity, but not as a main. I don't doubt that any of them could claim spots if they actually went mainly Bowser in tournaments consistently, though. Like I said, we're dying for fresh talent.

Until Limit returns and the rest of us Bowser mains step it up, this character hardly deserves a Top 5. Zigsta is our sole champion.
I can vouch for Calm, he went from getting double 2 stocked by me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR98OETKJbs in like a month. I beat Zigsta 3-1 in a money match once so I know the matchup. I dont know anything about active Bowser's right now and their placings but Calm could definitly earn a spot soon.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I thought Dabuz went Olimar vs NL and John Numbers, but used Pit vs everyone else. I don't really remember but I do remember him going Pit most of the time, and Oli if it got serious.
I watched all his matches like 3 times. He went pit vs ninja link who went lucas on dabuz. and pit vs john numbers. He DID go olimar on the last game cuz the stream/TOs kept saying go oli. He was already up in the set when he went oli and had already beat john with pit.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
He did beat delta-cod at apex.
My bad, didn't know such a free matchup like yoshi counts as anything nowadays. :awesome:

MrEh? Retired.

Nice essay, but really the only thing this will confirm is that there is no one ready to take and keep Bowser up. I won't remove his Top 5, until other people step up and that number of people exceeds like one or two pros who use other higher tier characters who just want an ego boost.

Shush canada srs bsns. Where are the results for all these locals @ Kuro? All I see is his performance at ONE tournament. So plz post some results of his attendance to tournaments from the beginning of October which is 6 months. Apex is one so just find one more. Even then I feel like I should be at least 4th and him 5th or take him off for Dabuz since John numbers and Ninjalink are solid wins. I'm still questioning why ~ED~ is 3rd, nothing said about him other than "he does pretty good in Mexico" which who knows how much validity lies in that.
I'm not even sure on ED, but I do know he is a good player. I don't know what to do about people not named TKD that perform well here AND there. I could just limit this to results found only instead of just guessing what they do. If we don't see their results/wins, how can we possibly rate them? And it's not like ED or his fans would be disappointed. I'm not even sure he still PLAYS in the grand scheme of things.

Just want to let you know Krys, that Felix will be attending Phoenix 7 (a regional comprising of WA, BC, AB attendees). As far as I know, Felix is somewhat inactive but I think, judging by the results of this regional, we can think about putting him back on the list. He's really good, but I guess he's just inactive. He won the last Phoenix back in September or October if I recall. If anyone can let me know; when was the last time Felix played? I'm sure someone from the Diddy boards has followed up on this. Just wondering.
Thanks for the headsup, might wanna check out Diddy social thread and ask them. They'll know. Or Felix's region's board.

You won with three characters good job. Tell me who you used Pit on (won OR LOST) then we'll talk :)

Zigsta has a full time job at dreamworks studio.

meaning bowser can eat 5 various assorted ****S.
Nice choice of words, but anyways yeah Zigmiester is gunna be doing some awesome work soon methinks, and not in this game. >:3

I support Meek as a top 5 :pit: its actually really solid and helped him in bracket.
Like I said I wanna see who he won and lost against using Pit. Remember we usually say that taking one game off of someone doesn't mean diddly squat? Well that goes doubly for sets where you use half and half. If he won Pit game 1, lost game 2 as Pit, and won game 3, I don't count much for that... Finals are my exception.

I watched all his matches like 3 times. He went pit vs ninja link who went lucas on dabuz. and pit vs john numbers. He DID go olimar on the last game cuz the stream/TOs kept saying go oli. He was already up in the set when he went oli and had already beat john with pit.
Sounds like he did a legit number with his pit, but all in all I still want to see him go to another tourney soon with near-full Pit like I did with my Wario transition (50+ percent Pit = yay). Same thing with PTZR, I'd like to wait and see if he makes anything of himself in the next 2-3 months.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
My bad, didn't know such a free matchup like yoshi counts as anything nowadays. :awesome:

Nice essay, but really the only thing this will confirm is that there is no one ready to take and keep Bowser up. I won't remove his Top 5, until other people step up and that number of people exceeds like one or two pros who use other higher tier characters who just want an ego boost.

I'm not even sure on ED, but I do know he is a good player. I don't know what to do about people not named TKD that perform well here AND there. I could just limit this to results found only instead of just guessing what they do. If we don't see their results/wins, how can we possibly rate them? And it's not like ED or his fans would be disappointed. I'm not even sure he still PLAYS in the grand scheme of things.

Thanks for the headsup, might wanna check out Diddy social thread and ask them. They'll know. Or Felix's region's board.

You won with three characters good job. Tell me who you used Pit on (won OR LOST) then we'll talk :)

Nice choice of words, but anyways yeah Zigmiester is gunna be doing some awesome work soon methinks, and not in this game. >:3

Like I said I wanna see who he won and lost against using Pit. Remember we usually say that taking one game off of someone doesn't mean diddly squat? Well that goes doubly for sets where you use half and half. If he won Pit game 1, lost game 2 as Pit, and won game 3, I don't count much for that... Finals are my exception.

Sounds like he did a legit number with his pit, but all in all I still want to see him go to another tourney soon with near-full Pit like I did with my Wario transition (50+ percent Pit = yay). Same thing with PTZR, I'd like to wait and see if he makes anything of himself in the next 2-3 months.
TKD did vouch for ~ED~. And you can get the results by checking the vids. But ya. I agree taking care of mexico is hard. But i still think it's important.

I agree on PTZR. Give him 2-3 months. And if nothing...just take him off till he earns/shows he's still playing.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
the problem with checkin vids is we dont know who he beat or lost to in earlier rounds of bracket that weren't recorded (sigh) I GET that we can see that he places 3rd/2nd or w/e from seeing the title of the video, but thats it, no pools, no number of rounds, no number of entries, none of the good stuff. Just the end.

Anyways I remember TKD vouching for ED. If we don't hear about ED for a while I'll assume he's moved on. But anyways besides that Pit's list isn't exactly super set in stone. We don't have that much high level representation but we're getting more as people soon get their feelers out for other characters now that MK is banned in more than half of the US.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
His wins + Losses from the past 6/7 months.

Wins: MikeHAZE x 6
PitBull x 3
Aggronizing
Mr. Invincible
Douchebag
K'
Oats
Jebus x 2
Phoenix
Deez
Paper
Alec
Defeated Fox16
Alonso
Wucus
Jaime HR
Anuar X 2
Havok
4 players in R1 Apex pools (results not put up, but I assume it was the average 4 person pool and he won against every player)
Kismet
Deltacod
ScaryLB
Pitzer
Jtails
Holy
Tyrant
vVv Zero
M2K
Nexus
Terry x 2(? I assume that this is tearbear since he got 3rd at NoHo, above mikehaze)

Losses: DEHF x 2
UltimateRazer x 2
Anuar x 2
Tyrant x 1
Mikehaze x 1
Sidenote: That Vegas tournament was in August, so I didn't count it.

I used NoHo, wintergamefest, Apex, E4U: Lucian, MOS 7, E4U: Shauntai, are there any more tourneys he went to in the past 6/7 months?

Yep, I don't shake hands unless I really respect my opponent.

Edit: Or if I am raging.

This list is about current and relevant results, if RB hasn't attended much then currently he is not performing.

Here is my win/loss list from the past 2 seasons for NY/NJ PR. Tournament placings not included because those are not listed for the PR.
(The season that just ended: 4.5 month season approximately)
Wins
Ultimaterazer ($100 mm)
Maharba the mystic($15 mm)
MJG ($10 mm)
Ally ($5 mm)
Trela
Gnes
Megafox
Zori
Havok
Infinity
Kprime
M2K x2
Nike
(A couple other wins from LSC championships, amateur and pro brackets never uploaded)
False
Deltacod
ADHD x 2
Vinnie x 5
Wes
(3 randoms from apex pools R1)
Espy
Nicole
Hylian
Seagull man
Sky
Mikeray
Jtails x 2
Fatal
Zorai
Jash
iSuck
Archie
Coney
Punishment Divine
Mintyflesh
(A few other wins from fatality 3, bracket wasn't uploaded, might of beaten some combination of will, jash, doom, and randoms)
Will
victor - B
decadon
Joe ST x2
pelca
atomsk
JPisCrazy
Smurf

Losses
Neo
Esam
Tearbear
Gnes x 2
Rain
Vinnie x 4
Shugo
Pelca
ANTi

Season beforehand (3 months season, therefore some wins/ losses are older than 6 months)

Wins
Defeated Vinnie x7
Defeated juice.Ally x2
Defeated vVv Cheese x3
Defeated juice.Fatal x2
Defeated Will x2
Defeated John #s x2
Defeated Dark.pch x2
Defeated ADHD
Defeated Bizkit
Defeated Logic
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated TeeVee
Defeated Bleachigo
Defeated juice.shadow
Defeated vVv Chibosempai
Defeated Neo
Defeated Deven3000
Defeated Harpking
Defeated H1N1
Defeated Nathan
Defeated Shadowfiend
Defeated Xivk and jokaru
Defeated SGTW
Defeated Nuke
Defeated Silver Sonic
Defeated Dul0r
Defeated Complete random (xD)

Losses
Lost to ADHD x3
Lost to Vinnie x2
Lost to Atomsk
Lost to Nairo

Now, someone get me RBs results, wins AND losses.

So, about that whole oli discussion...here are the results for me and RB, I would like to see the input of people reading this thread.

Sidenote: I plan to use pit this weekend FULLY.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I can vouch for Calm, he went from getting double 2 stocked by me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR98OETKJbs in like a month. I beat Zigsta 3-1 in a money match once so I know the matchup. I dont know anything about active Bowser's right now and their placings but Calm could definitly earn a spot soon.
I've watched the video, and I really do like his Bowser. I'm confident he'll grab a spot soon enough.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Better post stream on the pit boards :D

@Dez sure i can. I can go through the vids easily and tell who he lost to /won against.

the problem is the frequency of the data is rather low.

I wish we could get TKD in here and confirm whether that scene is still active. Cuz tkd said ~ED~ pretty much places 1-2 with AC, Neneh, fidel, etc. afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom