• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The things you don't get in life.

PsychopathicEmus

Smash Journeyman
i don't understand how the world can be so ugly and still have religious people who believe in a benevolent god. not that i think it's a bad thing. but i wonder how somebody finds the strength to believe despite the ugliness of the world. though i'm aware there are some pretty sheltered/disillusioned people out there. i know there are perfectly intelligent and experienced people who still choose to believe. if you ask me, it's kind of incredible =)

-edit: i suppose you could say... i don't get faith

UberMario

Smash Master
Define "ugly".

Cities can be beautiful, as can any other enviornment.

There will always be people that are ugly on the inside (for some, A LOT more than others) it's been that way since nearly the beginning of time.

I don't understand not having faith in anything, what's the point in being alive if you believe you're time is numbered before you're shut off permanently?

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
Lets keep philosophies and religion out of this thread. It never amounts to anything.
Tolerance please.

Some people don't believe in God.
Some people don't believe there isn't a God.
Some people believe lots of things.

If you don't like it then leave. There is no need to discuss it in this particular thread.

That being said...

I don't get why everyone shouldn't have a Ferret.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I don't understand how most music went downhill after Disney and the Emo's stepped in. What happened to most of the you know? Good stuff.

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't get why everyone shouldn't have a Ferret.
Me neither, they're the best kind of pet I've ever had!

Trainable, small, quiet, litter-box users, soft, docile and comedic the only people that shouldn't get them are those that have big dogs (for the ferret's safety) or if they have allergies (which is FAR less common than dog and cat allergies)

They have a weird smell, but I like it. (Although some people don't)

Too bad they're illegal in California, NYC, and Hawaii. It's really stupid about CA because dogs and cats cause nearly all the issues that they want to use as a basis for the banning of ferrets, yet those canines and felines are still 100% allowed. :dizzy:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Anteaters >>>>>>>> Ferrets

Everyone should have an anteater as a bodyguard.

UberMario

Smash Master
Anteaters >>>>>>>> Ferrets

Everyone should have an anteater as a bodyguard.
LOL too bad they can dig through concrete foundations, which is why they haven't been imported for fire ant control.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Seriously, I don't get how anteaters can be so incredible.

anteaters >>>>>>>>>>> everything in existence

DUB

Smash Lord
If I was around a long time ago, I would of written the alphabet and spelled every word ever.

I don't get why whoever came up with the spelling of "knee".

I don't get the k in knee.

Smash Master
I don't get why we have the letters c and x. X can be replaced with ks, hard C can be replaced with K, and soft C can be replaced with s.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't get why we have the letters c and x. X can be replaced with ks, hard C can be replaced with K, and soft C can be replaced with s.
Because Ks-ray doesn't have the same oomph as X-ray, Amerika and kamera sound too German-y, and confusion would often arise over whether "sell" refers to giving up an object in exchange for money, or the fundamental biological unit of life.

Smash Master
Eh, I'd turn ch into tsh because I think it sounds more similar, but points taken.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I dont get why children aren't educated to release their full potential.

If a child shows signs being good at maths or whatever else you can think of.Why not instead of sending them to school normally,send them to a maths school of some sort.

I think it would work quite well,especially if the child was interested in the subject.

Although then you don't really have choice do you?

But then again you would be AMAZING at maths.

What do you think?

Falcade

Smash Cadet
I don't get Seinfeld. The show, not his stand up. That gold.
It's a show about nothing. What don't you get? I get nothing because it's about nothing. But I got it, you know? But seirously, I love the show because if you get baked and watch it...it's nothing.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
I don't get when people say things like "Tell ______ I said hi!" I never know whether or not they're serious--whether or not they seriously want me to tell that person they said hi. Think about it.

Me: Oh, and before I forget, Matt told me to tell you he said hi.
Them: Okay.

I don't think that really accomplishes anything, personally.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I don't get Why do people text while driving? Females especially. =/

Can't they just wait until they're finished driving or....call them since it's actually safer? =/

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I don't get when people say things like "Tell ______ I said hi!" I never know whether or not they're serious--whether or not they seriously want me to tell that person they said hi. Think about it.

Me: Oh, and before I forget, Matt told me to tell you he said hi.
Them: Okay.

I don't think that really accomplishes anything, personally.
...it's to let the third person know (through the second person) that you thought about them, even if you haven't been able to see them.

Cleo555

Smash Cadet
Lots of my questions have been taken lol. I hate seeing my friends text while theyre driving me around. Makes me nervous. Also a lot of times ppl will say how are u? not expecting a real answer or even an answer at all. Like at school they might go right past u. I guess i dont get why u would ask someone how they are or "whats up" if u:
A. Aren't gonna listen/consider how they answer.
B. Expect a typical canned answer of "Oh, fine."
C. Are just starting a conversation to get onto the topic of urself and ur life.

Top Bottom