• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Chill

Red
BRoomer
If commonyoshi is able to speak I should be able to now. We are in the same room.

Eoringlas pmed saying that I could see two figures in the room. Just two. Commonyoshi says he can see me so it makes sense that the people in the room are Me, Duke, and commonyoshi.

One figure who Eoringlas specifically said is not human attacked the other. When I ran to help I could see that the victim was Duke. I strongly believe Commonyoshi is a thing.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
Come on Eorlingas, update please. Don't get so far behind that you have to make another earthquake to cancel our requests.

ligolski

Smash Rookie
This has shaken my Ronike and Ligolski theory. I was 99% sure I had everything correct. You all saw my reason for suspecting them. Now I'm not so sure.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:uzi: -> :yoshi:
:yoshi: = :demon:

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You hear Chill yell information (http://smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2082611&postcount=801) from across the wall. Without a radio, he needed to shout.

You hear another gunshot, and then the sound of feet.

Ronike tries to wield both a flamethrower and a pistol. However, he soon finds out that he's not Rambo. He holds the flamethrower in one hand, and a pistol in the other. The flamethrower it too heavy to hold using one hand, so it's just hanging uselessly.

Frozenflame aims at the general location of the other door. He cannot see it.

Deathreather hears a knock on the Kitchen Door.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Come on Eorlingas, update please. Don't get so far behind that you have to make another earthquake to cancel our requests.
I was planning this "incident" since before the game began.

Ronike

Smash Ace
YES!!! Im officially not Rambo!!!! YAY!!! Eh, cant blame me for trying.

You werent supposed to tell them that eor, thats why I pmed it to you man. If the situation I said before comes to pass, just do my other instruction as quick as possible. I really dont know who to trust right now, but I pretty much trust everyone in my room. Sorry about before frozen, you were just really suspiscious. And Duke, Im not sure about you, and Im pretty sure I speak for the room when I say we dont want you sleeping in this room tonight at least, but if you could leave some matches right outside the door, that would be a step in the right direction. And if common was telling the truth about bandages, those would be nice too. Good luck with him

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Eoringlas pmed saying that I could see two figures in the room. Just two. Commonyoshi says he can see me so it makes sense that the people in the room are Me, Duke, and commonyoshi.

One figure who Eoringlas specifically said is not human attacked the other. When I ran to help I could see that the victim was Duke. I strongly believe Commonyoshi is a thing.
Objection. There is something not right with your testimony.
The entire base is in darkness. None of you can see more then a few feet in front of you.
You saw me? Are you sure? You also agree that you saw the Thing attack Duke? If the Thing isn't in human form then how did you come to the conclusion that it was me, commonyoshi? I know that you saw me, but you must have been confused with the PM. You couldn't have seen me being the Thing and human at the same time.

You would not recognize a character in their Thing forms!

There were four people in the room! Me, Duke, Chill, and the Thing.

That's all I got. For the first time in the game I acknowledge that I am indeed suspicious.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Chill, explain why you want to come in, and we'll consider it. DO NOT COME IN!
Switch to flamethrower. If anyone should come in the door, flame them.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I didn't say I could see you. I said I could see two people in the room. You said you could see me. When I ran to help the one who was attacked it was Duke. Therefore you,Duke and I were in the room.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Ronike, I just tried to help Duke defend himself from a thing. I'm defiantely here to help. I don't want to stand out here by myself. And as Eoringlas said you're not Rambo. It would be be better if a physically strong person was to carry the flamethrower.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Ronike, I just tried to help Duke defend himself from a thing. I'm defiantely here to help. I don't want to stand out here by myself. And as Eoringlas said you're not Rambo. It would be be better if a physically strong person was to carry the flamethrower.
You said duke was attacked by something not human. BAM! Dukes a thing. You then say you try to help Duke after being by yourself for a long period of time. BAM! 95% chance that Duke and you are both things, along with common. And let me think for a second now, hmmm. Give someone who just came the flamethrower or keep it to defend myself. Hmm, big question there. BTW lig, sorry if we dont get to your bandages. Its not looking very promising.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Since I don't think I have clarified this enough..

The noises you have heard are more like tearing, attacking, squealing, roaring, cuts, hisses, and fluid.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I didn't say I could see you. I said I could see two people in the room. You said you could see me. When I ran to help the one who was attacked it was Duke. Therefore you,Duke and I were in the room.
I acknowledge that I did see you, however, it was dark so I could have been off to the side. Never in my posts did I say I saw Duke being attacked so the diagram of the incident must be like this.

Me................You (facing -> way).............Duke and Thing

I was too far away to see Duke.

Makes sense that the Thing would drag Duke away from me so I wouldn't interfere. It also makes sense that Duke would be the target and not me since I have no flamables.

I do see them both now. Tackle the Thing!

Chill. Do you want to save Duke or not? Get back here and help me.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
(Note: This post is using my new style. From now on, you will be referred to by your character, not your user name. I was originally going to do this, but forgot to when I started the first few actions. I'm not reverting to it. If you don't know who's char is who, go back and look at the first page. Ronike is Gary, Frozen is Windows, Commonyoshi is Norris, and Duke is Nauls.)

(Also, if you notice, there is way too much in here for it to be by PMs. I admit, I made it more dramatic. When I originally wrote this, I thought "Man, that's weak for a fight like this." So I made it more interesting. The outcome is the same, I just had fun with it. I didn't do anything in there that they person didn't say they wanted to do. Duke wanted to throw a knife, Ronike and Frozen wanted to kill a thing, Ronike wanted to burn it, Frozen wanted to shoot it. So, enjoy the dramatized write up. Don't look hard for clues, I didn't put in any.)

Windows and Gary stand, facing the door. They look at each other.

Gary nods.

The door of the Medical room bursts open, and out runs Gary, his pistol missing, his flamethrower held in both hands.

There is a soft roar. Something flies towards him. There is a pause, the moment a man remembers for the rest of his flame.

He pulls the trigger.

As if someone turned the lights on, the room is illuminated.

The flames lick harmlessly against the concrete wall, missing its target.

But it did reveal it.

A hideous form of flesh, sacs, and blood is in front of him, with Norris's head in the air, attached to an overly long, stained spinal column. There is a sort of canine mouth tearing its way out of the side of his head.

The face is in shock, not expecting an attack. It growls.

Gary stands, too shocked at what he is seeing to move. He feels vomit pushing its way through his stomach.

A tentacle, wet with alien fluid, pink from its flesh, whips out, wrapping itself around Gary’s neck. Gary gasps for air, his hands moving up to his neck, dropping the flamethrower. The tentacle pulls.

*BANG*

*BANG*

There is an explosion of blood, and the tentacle flies back.

Windows stands in the doorway, two pistols in his hands.

The fire goes out, and it turns back to darkness.

Gunshots pump out, the yellow flashes illuminated Window’s bearded face.

There is another burst of fire, and the hallway is illuminated again. Again, Gary missed, but just narrowly. The flames crash into the wall, a mere foot from the Thing.

The flames illuminate Nauls, bleeding from his chest, tentacles wrapping themselves around him, dragging him towards the Thing’s body. The Thing’s chest has turned into nothing more then a blob of flesh and blood, with a great maw, lined with teeth.

Gary vomits onto the ground, unable to hold himself. He heaves up everything, collapsing to his knees in his own filth. But he still raises his flamethrower.

Disgusted, he clicks again.

The flames shoot out, directly into the lob of flesh. The tentacles detract, wailing around their user. The fire burns, using the Thing’s body as fuel.

There is a terrible scream, something never heard before by human ears.

A limb pushes its way out of the flesh, ending in a spike. It fires towards Gary, who shoots again from his knees, hitting it right before it impaled him. The tentacle wails, falling on the ground, burning.

Windows unloads more gunshots, until one of his guns runs out of ammo. He fruitlessly throws it at the Thing, and brings his hands around to grasp hold of his other gun, using both hands to steady his aim. He sees a disgusting, humanoid eye in the body. He fires, causing it to squirt blood and fluid out, making it indistinguishable from the rest of the Thing.

The Thing transforms. Even though it’s burning, it changes its body into a more humanoid form of flesh. A spiked limb shoots into the ceiling, pulling itself up.

Norris’s head hangs down, staring at them. Gary starts to stand up, but a tentacle flies down, wrapping itself around his legs. It yanks, knocking his head against the ground. A flash of blood flies onto the ground.

The tentacle pulls Gary up, now unconscious.

Windows shoots, but his bullets do nothing, and he has only one left. He stands in horror as the Thing pulls Gary up to his fate.

There is a flash, illuminated by the burning flesh.

A knife, thrown by a barely conscious Nauls, hits Norris’s head, directly into it’s left eye. There is another howl, and the tentacle opens, dropping Gary.

Windows dives forward, catching him before he lands. The weight knocks them both over.

Loosing no time, Windows grabs the barrel of the flamethrower, and shoots again. The howl continues, and the Thing drops from the ceiling, landing less then a foot away from them.

The Maw opens, a few inches from Window. A tongue shoots out, wrapping itself around his neck, yanking his head inside. But Windows still held the barrel, and he fired again, directly into the maw, before the teeth closed around his head. The tongue is disconnected, and Windows jumps back, a second before the Maw closed around the barrel of the Flamethrower.

Windows rips the tongue off, throws it against a wall, and backs away. The barrel is inside the Thing, which is now almost completely immolated. The Thing pulls, ripping the tank off of Gary’s back, tearing the straps.

Windows sees his chance. He pulls out his gun, single bullet left.

He aims, silently praying.

He fires.

A spark greeted him.

Kerosene leaks out of the bullet hole, dribbling down the tank, onto the burning flesh of the Thing. The Kerosene connects with the flames, racing them back into the tank.

”KRA-KOOOOOM”

An explosion rips through the hallway. Pieces of flesh fly everywhere, crashing around the hallway.

Windows is knocked back by the force, his head again hitting the ground.

Groggily, he rolls over and pushes himself up.

Pieces of Thing are everywhere, burning. Norris’s head is on the ground, shooting its tongue out to try and escape. But his hair catches on fire, and soon the entire head is consumed.

Windows stands, looking at the destruction.

The flames run out of fuel, and soon go away, turning the room back into darkness. The view vanishes.

MacReady walks into the Medical and Surgery Room.

Ronike

Smash Ace
[ooc]I know Im unconscious, but I need a post to worship that awesome piece of literature[/ooc]:cool:

Ronike

Smash Ace
Oh and I have to say one more thing: Told ya'll so. Now Ill be unconscious, I swear/ooc

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
The... fudjuck.

Get everyone into the medical lab now, drag them if you have to, and don't forget the flame thrower.

My observations:
Common knew he was a thing I think, he was defending his stance while he was acting so we can throw Eor's theory out the window. If you aren't a thing you can be confident in that fact. But I still believe we should stay together a smidge better. While Ronk's heroic's saved duke (maybe Chill) from becoming a thing , and effectively killed common, it left everyone of you injured, so now everyone, spare death, is injured to the point where it affects how they move or act.

Right now I guess our best bet would be to move our little group to the matenince room so I can get the lights back on. After that we should plan out our next move visablity is the most important right now.

Deathreaver780

Smash Ace
*standing ovation* LOL just like Duke and ronike said that was awesome Eorlingas!!!!!
NOBODY COME IN THE KITCHEN UNLESS U IDENTIFY YOURSELF!!!!! I WILL KILL U!!!
This wil be hard but:
IN KITCHEN I STAND BESIDE THE DOOR WITH MY KNIVES IN MY HANDS READY TO ATTACK: IF ANYONE COMES IN QUICKLY STAB THEM WITH BOTH KNIVES ON EACH ARM!!!!(one on the right arm and one on the left arm) JUST SO IT GIVES THEM A LOWER CHANCE OF HURTING ME!!!!!!
If u are human im srry:( but its too risky and I have to take my chances

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Palmer stands by the door. He hears nothing.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
1. Power out
2. The door is shut.

If you want to see, you'll have to open it, and get really close to look around.

I shouldn't have to tell you why you can't see through a door

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now that was effing intense! Score one for the good guys! Nice work everyone.

Unfortunately, nearly everyone (other than me, ironically) is in critical condition. Ligolski is bleeding from the neck, I'm assuming Ronike is suffering from severe head trauma and Duke...I can't even begin to imagine, seeing as how he was in the hallway alone with a freaking thing for sometime. Unfortunately, I beleive there is a distinct possibility that Duke may be infected. We should exercise extreme caution (as if we weren't to begin with =P). Also, we no longer have the flamethrower making us literally defenseless should another Thing attack. I know where another powerful weapon is, but there is not way I'd be able to navigate in these conditions.

For now, we should regroup in the Med. Room as <3 suggested.

First I will reload my gun. (I beleive I still have 2 more clips in my pocket) Next, I will pocket my gun and walk over to where I last saw Ronike. First I will search him for a radio (I don't recall if he had one or not), then I will stand there and protect him for the time being, until we can safely move him into the Med. Room.

You see, I don't want to be moving around too much without light in the former battlefield, especially not with the weight of an injured person. We need a light source desperately.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Windows loads his gun. He feels a soreness on the back of his head.

He walks over to Gary and checks his body for a radio. He finds one, and grabs it.

Palmer continues standing by the door he heard the knock from, still holding his two sharp knives

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Incase you're wondering who everyone is, the first post in the thread has been updated with everyones name. I updated it a while ago.

Top Bottom