• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Supreme Court just legalized same-sex marriage nationwide

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
I am personally not gay myself but i fully support same-sex marriage.

Last edited:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
I honestly am in a bit of a shock, I was never expecting to read the headlines that I have today after waking up to what I figured would be a normal Friday. It's a major victory after too long of a struggle, and I am very happy to see this outcome finally come into play. June 26th is a good day.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I didn't even know till someone told me at work! I'm a bad gay haha, but glad that it's finally accepted nationwide
and now in Fire Emblem

I am interested in seeing how this will end up effecting everyone's daily life in say 2 decades from now. On a day to day conversation I will likely not hear someone trying to push it forward anymore and treat it as much of an issue. There is still the cultural aspect of acceptance from the general populace to put up with.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Haha the thread would be started by a Peach main.

In all seriousness, it's good, now we have the right to be miserable for the rest of our lives like our straight counterparts.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
Theres alot of people on twitter there coming out the closet. I guess they waited for this moment.

Last edited:

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I have a homosexual friend.
We were both pleased when gay marriage was legalized.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I'm glad they did. Now people can be with whomever they want to be and won't be forced to do whatever they had to do to get around it.
But sadly, discrimination against homosexuals will still exist.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Personally, I think all marriage is stupid, but hey, at least now everyone has the right to be miserable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, it's great. An important (yet very overdue) step, but there are still many very important LGBT rights that need to be fought for. I fear enthusiasm in the populous is going to fall drastically because with same-sex marriage "we won". But no, there's still so much more!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
It's like they saw Fire Emblem including gay marriage and were like "Whoa, we should do that too!". :troll:

Top Bottom