• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Just a few new ones. It's weird, during exam week I made like 60 of these, but now that I'm on vacation, I have little to no urge to make more. I call it "the procrastination principle".

Anyways, the new ones are Ike (!), Krystal, and two variants of Hyrule Warriors Impa.

The Icons

Confirmed characters:

Super Mario:

Donkey Kong:

Yoshi's Island:

Wario Land/ Wario Ware:

The Legend of Zelda:

Pokemon:

Kirby:

Metroid:

Starfox:

Earthbound/Mother:

F-Zero:

Fire Emblem:

Pikmin:

Kid Icarus:

Animal Crossing:

Punch-Out!:

Other Modern Nintendo Series:

Retro:

Sega:

Konami:

Capcom:

Namco:

Other Third Parties:

Indie Games:

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Got a problem. Every time i add a character they don't appear.

They're named properly and put in the correct folder. They just don't appear.

EDIT: The Hyrule Warriors Impa icon was added but the Ike icon and Shia icon aren't appearing.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I have a HUGE favor.

I can never find a good icon for Meta Knight. Can someone make an icon of this?

I would appreciate it immensely!!!!!!!!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Here's a small request:
I'd like to see if someone could maybe do an image of my avatar, one saying Viridi and another saying Liberation (or L, if that doesn't fit).

Just the head area would be nice.
Thanks in advance,
BigAxle

andimidna

Smash Master

Has anybody made an icon of this picture of ANNA?

No background, already has a bit of a white outline, and is a big enough image so it won't look blurry. I think it's perfect.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I see nobody did this. Please if someone could be so kind. Unless it was already done then link it please.
I don't remember when I saved this, but I just found it in my list of icons, so here:
IconEphraim Taunt.png

Credit goes to... don't remember.
Hopefully I posted it right, I've never posted an icon before.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hi! I did install both the 8.0 maker and the latest Java update; but nothing happens. I open the .exe maker and it is just there. Even tried the .jar but nothing. I have Windows 8.1 but it has been acting strange as it used to take me to the App area when I turned on the computer but now it takes me directly to the Desktop screen since some days ago.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Hi! I did install both the 8.0 maker and the latest Java update; but nothing happens. I open the .exe maker and it is just there. Even tried the .jar but nothing. I have Windows 8.1 but it has been acting strange as it used to take me to the App area when I turned on the computer but now it takes me directly to the Desktop screen since some days ago.
Try this to see the Java version on your computer: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

I'll look into the problems some people are encountering when trying to add icons.

Fawfulcopter

Smash Apprentice
So... even if this is debunked, the Roster Maker is sort of obligated to expand to 18 columns now, huh?

Jakor

Smash Ace
I need icons for the following stages, they might have already been posted but I think I missed them:

Wii U:
  • Wii Fit Studio
  • Final Destination
3DS:
  • Prism Tower
  • Balloon Fight

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Actually, regarding that "leak", I was wondering if someone could make the locked icon as an icon in the Roster Maker, in addition to my previous request sometime. I like the design of it, honestly.

Thanks in advance, BigAxle

Last edited:
How do you add new icons to roster maker? I guess there's more to it than just dropping an icon in the images folder.

EDIT: Yes, there was. It's in one of the tabs.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Oh, I forgot. I made this a bit ago. It may be of use to some of you.

It isn't the best, but I couldn't make it any better without having more space to work with.

Oh, I forgot. I made this a bit ago. It may be of use to some of you.

It isn't the best, but I couldn't make it any better without having more space to work with.
Mii?

Wait a minute...

Are you saying the Villagers can use Mii Masks as alternate skins?

YOU'RE A GENIUS!

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
Ehhhhm i think it would be awesome with a website to upload all your icons. It would be a big database where you can search icons on Name, popylarity and alphabetical. It there was a website like this everyone could search 4 a character on the website before requesting it here.
Just an idea though, i don't know how to make websites.
Edit: there should also be instructions on how to add pictuers to yer roster

100th post

Last edited:
How do you guys add the pictures to the roster maker?
You drop it into the images folder and name it "Icon(name) (#). Last/second/etc names can be added with a space.

For example...

IconBob (1)

IconBob Tom (3)

Then you go into Roster Maker. In one of the tabs you'll find a command that will update your icons.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
To add a new icon, name it "Icon[name]". If there's already an image with that name in the roster, name it "Icon[name] ([#])"

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You drop it into the images folder and name it "Icon(name) (#). Last/second/etc names can be added with a space.

For example...

IconBob (1)

IconBob Tom (3)

Then you go into Roster Maker. In one of the tabs you'll find a command that will update your icons.
I can't find the button that adds the new icons. I found a tab that says "Add new character icons", but when I click it nothing happens.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You have to save it into the images folder of the roster maker. The add new icons button just refreshes the images, basically.
I put the new Ike icon in the Image page. I named it IconIke (3), I hit "Add new Icons" button and nothing changed. Help please.

Ah! I found the issue! I had to right click Ike to get to the new icon!

Last edited:
I can't find the button that adds the new icons. I found a tab that says "Add new character icons", but when I click it nothing happens.
That's what you need to click. As soon as you click it, all the icons you added into the folder should appear. Are you sure you are naming them properly?

By the way, you do know that icons don't have separate spots on the list of characters right? You right click (or left click, I forgot) the characters to change their icon. It only works on characters who have other icons available.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like you got it. Have fun with your rosters.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
That's what you need to click. As soon as you click it, all the icons you added into the folder should appear. Are you sure you are naming them properly?

By the way, you do know that icons don't have separate spots on the list of characters right? You right click (or left click, I forgot) the characters to change their icon. It only works on characters who have other icons available.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like you got it. Have fun with your rosters.
Man, I'm having a hard time finding all of the icons I need. I wish there was an easier way to find them. Like there should be a mass collection in the OP or something.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I'm having the problem with getting the new icons uploaded. Everytime I try to upload them, none of them show up on the roster maker. Help?

Top Bottom