• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I ownloaded this and the java software and when I try to run smash roster maker .exe it just says I need Java, I click OK a downbar comes up and then disappears and stops completely.

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
I don't see how that's necessary as most icons have been kept with each new version, I've continuously added to it, removing very rarely and at times improving some icons (those in versions 1 and 2 for example, all had a white background).
ok then, although i am pretty sure i have seen ones that are vastly different (like Aku Aku)

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
I take back my last post. After lookin at it the last update had a noticable amount of replaced icons.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Jakor Jakor Can you add my icon archive to the list? I'll be making more and editing this post as well as I make 'em.
I added a link to your archive.
ok then, although i am pretty sure i have seen ones that are vastly different (like Aku Aku)
Some icons have had some changes in between the versions, you can look at the changelog.txt file for all detailed changes. But like I said, very few icons have been removed entirely.
I ownloaded this and the java software and when I try to run smash roster maker .exe it just says I need Java, I click OK a downbar comes up and then disappears and stops completely.
I know one user who had a similar problem, but it ended up working after some time (although he couldn't find the exact reason why it did that). I guess making sure Java 8 has been installed correctly by looking in the control panel and restarting your computer can be a start.
I take back my last post. After lookin at it the last update had a noticable amount of replaced icons.
I did change some, most notably a lot of the stages icons were updated.

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978

Some icons have had some changes in between the versions, you can look at the changelog.txt file for all detailed changes. But like I said, very few icons have been removed entirely.

I know one user who had a similar problem, but it ended up working after some time (although he couldn't find the exact reason why it did that). I guess making sure Java 8 has been installed correctly by looking in the control panel and restarting your computer can be a start.

I checked and I have current Java, restarted my comp and when I try to run the roster maker a message comes up saying You need Java, download it at Java.com

Codec02

Smash Apprentice

thank you for the help, changelog is helpful to me

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
i have an idea/question, why not put the stages first game and year appearances as the game they appeared in (eg Hyrule Castle first appeared in a link to the past...or you could do it based on what the stage is based on so it would be ocarina of time instead?) i already did it manually, just an idea

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
i have an idea/question, why not put the stages first game and year appearances as the game they appeared in (eg Hyrule Castle first appeared in a link to the past...or you could do it based on what the stage is based on so it would be ocarina of time instead?) i already did it manually, just an idea
That's an idea. I do plan to better organize the stages and items in the next version.
I checked and I have current Java, restarted my comp and when I try to run the roster maker a message comes up saying You need Java, download it at Java.com
Aside from Java not being installed correctly, I'm not sure what else could be the problem.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
That's an idea. I do plan to better organize the stages and items in the next version.

Aside from Java not being installed correctly, I'm not sure what else could be the problem.
Okay so...Im gonna try unistalling it, how would I go about installing it correctly, I tried to download off google chrome and Firefox and messages came up on both browsers saying Java would possibly have problems?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Okay so...Im gonna try unistalling it, how would I go about installing it correctly, I tried to download off google chrome and Firefox and messages came up on both browsers saying Java would possibly have problems?
Make sure you download from this link: https://java.com/en/download/
Some browsers may warn you, but you can choose to proceed. Maybe try with Internet Explorer?

Last edited:

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Make sure you download from this link: https://java.com/en/download/
Some browsers may warn you, but you can choose to proceed. Maybe try with Internet Explorer?
Okay so I got a past that problem but ran into something else, the rsoter maker came up in my virus protection scanner as having something called Atc4.detection?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Okay so I got a past that problem but ran into something else, the rsoter maker came up in my virus protection scanner as having something called Atc4.detection?
You can try starting it with the "jar" file. Otherwise you do have to tell your antivirus this file is safe. Never heard of Atc4.detection.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
You can try starting it with the "jar" file. Otherwise you do have to tell your antivirus this file is safe. Never heard of Atc4.detection.
might want to have the files of it checked to be sure?

but its working now finally.

I do want to know what that thin was though.

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
might want to have the files of it checked to be sure?

but its working now finally.

I do want to know what that thin was though.
I can assure you all files of the Roster Maker archive are 100% safe. In fact, I just did a scan at the moment to be totally sure.

lukeski4

Smash Rookie
This has been driving me crazy for a while. I use Roster Maker on a Mac. Whenever I open the application, the bottom part is cut off, so I cannot sort the character list by franchise and it makes it really inconvenient. Anyone else have this problem or know a work-around for this?

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
This has been driving me crazy for a while. I use Roster Maker on a Mac. Whenever I open the application, the bottom part is cut off, so I cannot sort the character list by franchise and it makes it really inconvenient. Anyone else have this problem or know a work-around for this?
i can't even use it on a mac, it just refuses to load

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
oh also its awesome that we can make new series categories but if you can, can you add renaming them as well?
and for characters that are poke-ball pokemon, assist trophies, bosses, stage background or other none-playable characters, could have in the category like "newcomer" "veteran" etc could also have things like "stages" "assist trophies" and so on?

Jakor

Smash Ace
Can you tell me what is your screen resolution?
oh also its awesome that we can make new series categories but if you can, can you add renaming them as well?
and for characters that are poke-ball pokemon, assist trophies, bosses, stage background or other none-playable characters, could have in the category like "newcomer" "veteran" etc could also have things like "stages" "assist trophies" and so on?
I don't think renaming series would be particularly useful, but for the rest, I do plan to improve the categorization. I will consider what you mentioned, but "stage background" seems a bit too inconsequential.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Few requests for wishful characters I recently started supporting.

Penguin

And then one with the two guests together, with the name still being "Guest".

ZoroRodrix

Smash Rookie
Sorry, there is a maximum of characters slots? 135 Slots? or How can i add an extra column or road?:confused::confused::confused:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
New fresh icons made by me! Thanks to the "Spring Man/Decidueye" leaker for releasing his assets and work! Happy to make some new icons!

FenixStar

Smash Apprentice
Has any other characters been announced for Smash for the Switch besides Mario, Inkling, and Link so far?

Edit: And here are some new icons I've done. They'll be added shortly to my icon archive:

Edit: Also, I have a request, since I can't find a clean background picture, can someone do Armstrong from the following picture for me?
Also, has there already been icons made for the main characters in RWBY?

Also, could someone turn these three Dojo-styled icons into non-Dojo icons for me?

I found them in @ecylisis 's icon archive.

Last edited:
Top Bottom