• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster Maker Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
Here we go!!!

I mixed probability and wishes for this one. I think Nintendo must go with diversity and including the most different possible serie instead of going deep in existing serie,

And i consider that, Sheik and zss are in the roster, i just don't like to put splitted images in my rosters in general, so i did it for zss, but i forgot to change it for zelda and sheik! :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Isn't it not a good idea to show the results while the contest is still going on? That gives new posters an unfair advantage so they can edit their rosters after knowing what you look for. :/

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I was going to do something similar to this, but it was waaaay more in depth and I hadn't finished the rules. You could change more than just the roster. And there would have been grading by forum members.

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Here we go!!!

I mixed probability and wishes for this one. I think Nintendo must go with diversity and including the most different possible serie instead of going deep in existing serie,
hay no dkc Giys in the Roster

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I protest, cause I will not have Sheik on the roster if I'll make one.

@tomic

Smash Apprentice

Exactly 50. Four 3rd parties. Red outlines are unlockables.

RoysOurBoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0662-5238-5359
Wii U roster.png

My Roster, exactly 50 characters. Organized by their enterance into the Smash Brothers Games.
30 Starting Characters, 20 Unlockables.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
We'll do our best to get working on the roster critique soon, but wont have internet for a few days.

@Primid; transformations are not counted.
@Final Smash Gamer; I'm sorry but that is not made with roster maker, and is thus not eligible for the contest. Feel free to remake with roster maker.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Because Groose asked if he could take a little time first, the actual full judging will wait until after he has submitted. Until that time, further entries will be accepted.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Alright here's mine:

All but the original 8 are unlockable.

All characters unlocked screen (Red box = unlockable, Blue box = available from the start):

[collapse=How to Unlock]
Jigglypuff: Beat Classic or Adventure Mode with any one character or play 25 VS. matches.

Luigi: Complete Stage #1 of Adventure Mode with the time ending in a "2" in the second's slot, then beat Luigi in less than a minute or play 50 VS. matches.

Captain Falcon: Beat Classic Mode in under 20 Minutes (original way to unlock him in SSB64) or play 75 VS. matches.

Ness: Beat Classic Mode on Normal Difficulty, 3 stock, no continues or reflect 5 projectiles (both are previous ways he was unlocked in an SSB game).

Falco: Beat the 100-Man battle option (how he was unlocked in Melee and Brawl) or play 100 VS. matches.

Ganondorf: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Link or Zelda or play 125 VS. matches.

Marth: Play Classic Mode with all eight regular characters or use them in VS. mode (how he was unlocked in Melee) or play 150 VS. matches.

Sonic: Beat Classic Mode in under 10 Minutes or play 175 VS. matches.

Ice Climbers: Win a team match or play 200 VS. matches.

Bowser: Beat Classic or Adventure Mode with Mario or Luigi and without using a continue or play 225 VS. matches.

Metaknight: K.O. an opponent in less than 30 seconds or play 250 VS. matches.

Diddy Kong: Bury an opponent 5 times or play 275 VS. matches. (Since tripping is gone, I figured being buried is the closest thing)

Pokemon Trainer: Transform 5 times or play 300 VS. matches.

Zelda/Shiek: Transform 15 times or play 325 VS. matches.

Captain Olimar: Collect 50 pieces of food or play 350 VS. matches.

Snake: K.O. an opponent with an explosive 10 times or play 375 VS. matches.

Ike: Complete Classic or Adventure Mode with Marth and without continuing (how Roy was unlocked in Melee) or play 400 VS. matches.

Peach: Play 15 matches on Mushroom Kingdom or play 425 VS. matches.

Saki: K.O. an opponent 10 times with a Ray Gun/Super Scope/Beam Sword, use Assist Trophies 10 times or play 450 VS. matches.

Wario: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Mario or play 475 Vs. matches.

King DeDeDe: Swallow an opponent 10 times or play 500 VS. matches.

Ridley: Play Giant Battle Mode (in Special Modes) 15 times or play 525 VS. matches. (Yes, this is a too big joke.)

Wolf: Beat him in Boss Battle Mode with Fox or Falco or play 550 VS. matches.

Midna & Wolf Link: Beat Classic Mode on Hard difficulty with Ganondorf or play 575 VS. matches.

Waluigi: Beat Classic Mode on Hard Difficulty with Luigi or play 600 VS. matches.

Megaman: K.O. an opponent 15 times with a projectile or play 625 VS. matches.

Isaac: Bury an opponent 25 times, use Assist Trophies 25 times or play 650 VS. matches.

Lucario: K.O. an opponent with more than 150% 15 times or play 675 VS. matches.

Wii Fit Trainer: "Gracefully" dodge an opponent's attack 15 times or play 700 VS. matches.

Ghirahim: K.O. an opponent "beautifully" (star K.O.s) 25 times or play 725 VS. matches.

Bowser Jr. & Shadow Mario: Grab Peach 25 times as Bowser or play 750 VS. matches.

Andy: K.O. an opponent 25 times with explosives, use Assist Trophies 50 times or play 775 VS. matches.

Villager: Collect 250 different trophies (This was ROB's way to be unlocked in Brawl, but collecting is the Villager's thing), pick up an item 250 times or play 800 VS. matches.

Masked Man: Absorb a total of 300% using Ness' PSI Shield or play 825 VS. matches.

Mewtwo: Play for a total of 20 hours in VS. Mode or play 850 VS. matches.

Chrom: Win a Team Match as or VS. Ike & Marth or play 875 VS. matches.

Tingle: Take a total of 25 screenshots or play 900 VS. matches. (If you get this, you're awesome.)

Little Mac: K.O. an opponent 25 times with a punch or play 925 VS. matches.

Pac-Man: Use the power of a Star 25 times or play 950 VS. matches. (It's a power pellet reference)

Ray: K.O. an opponent 50 times using a Ray Gun/Super Scope, use Assist Trophies 75 times or play 975 VS. matches.

Robin: K.O. an opponent with magic or swords 50 times or play 1000 VS. matches.

Mr. Game And Watch: Can only be unlocked after unlocking all other characters and beating All Star Mode.

[collapse=Changes]
Ganondorf now has more original moves. He get his energy ball from OoT, which can be batted back and forth and incapacitates those who it hits for a short time. He also uses his sword for some moves.

Falco is now more unique, and he and Wolf have new Final Smashes.

Mewtwo and Lucario's Mega forms are involved, though to a lesser extent than their normal forms.

Jigglypuff gets a new Final Smash based on Fairy powers.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]

Mugiwara no Luffy

Smash Rookie
Okay, here's the absolute final roster I'm gonna post (which should meet all requirements now). I actually think this is my absolute best roster so far and that it pretty much represents my dream roster for the upcoming game! The characters with yellow borders need to be unlocked, with a total of 18 out of the 44 characters being secret characters. Also, only 5 of the characters from Brawl are scrapped in this roster, specifically Toon Link, Wolf, Pokemon Trainer, Ike, and Lucas. I await the critiques of the contest's judges! 8-P

Default Roster:

Roster With All Characters Unlocked:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
John Roster.png

30 starter
20 unlockable

some characters i should explain.

There is a petition for Reggie in Smash for WiiU/3DS and it has over 30,000 signatures, and once it gets 35,000 it will be sent to Sakurai.

I added Ghirahim because I believe in each smash Smash Bros. game there should be a slot for the most recent Zelda villain.

The second Link would be known as Classic Link, and is based off Link from A Link Between Worlds.

Mother 3 is likely to be released in America a Miiverse community was made in America only for Mother news, and what America only Mother news can there be besides the localization of Mother 3. So I added in Masked Man.

I feel Roy was superior to Ike, gameplay wise, so even though he isn't relevant anymore, I put Roy back in.

Ridley can be re-sized to be the size he was in the intro to Melee.

Also, I replaced Sheik with Impa. The rules might have said the all Melee to Brawl veterans had to be in, but Keybladeguy also said transformations don't count as characters, so my roster is eligible. My reasoning for removing Sheik is that Sheik only appeared in one game that was released before melee, and the remake of that game. It was only in Brawl because Sheik was planned to appear in Twilight Princess. Impa can still utilize Sheik's moveset from Melee and Brawl.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This contest seems fairly one-sided since we are left up to the judgement of a selected group of people who possibly share the same mindset/preferences. IMO, it just seems like the roster that wins best suits your ideal roster. Regardless, this does seem like a fun content.

Total: 49 characters

15 new characters.

Cut only Snake.

Boom.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
View attachment 2147

30 starter
20 unlockable

some characters i should explain.

There is a petition for Reggie in Smash for WiiU/3DS and it has over 30,000 signatures, and once it gets 35,000 it will be sent to Sakurai.

I added Ghirahim because I believe in each smash Smash Bros. game there should be a slot for the most recent Zelda villain.

The second Link would be known as Classic Link, and is based off Link from A Link Between Worlds.

Mother 3 is likely to be released in America a Miiverse community was made in America only for Mother news, and what America only ZMother news can there be besides the localization of Mother 3. So I added in Masked Man.

I feel Roy was superior to Ike, gameplay wise, so even though he is'nt relevant anymore, I put Roy back in.

also, Ridley can be re-sized to be the size he was in the intro to Melee.
Not to single you out, but this is what I mean. Now, ROB isn't in this roster. Isn't it unfair that this roster will likely be rated higher, if only for the fact that you rated others first, and didn't like the addition of ROB? It gives the people who waited to post a roster an unfair advantage, as they know what to put in it based on the reviews for the others...

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Groose has informed me he wont enter; as such the judging begins. No more entries will be accepted. Each of the judges will review the roster; and give a number from 1-10. The higher the number, the better the points. 50 is perfect score, with all numbers added up. GOOD LUCK, an feel free to post here.

FiDeL

Smash Rookie
hay no dkc Giys in the Roster
Saddly no, it's possible that Dixie is gonna be in but i think k.rool deserve it more, but unless they confirme him soon for dkcr tropical freeze, he's really not likely for thhe moment. :). I don't wanted to.make a hugr roster, and with the incredible number of cool characters in the nintendo world, it's really hard too choose!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
sadface i just spent my entire weekend making the this thing just to find out you already ended this on thursday asdsdsfdaadasdsasdfadadasfdaf
i dont have rostermaker and made the entire thing myself (yes that includes the individual slots because im weird like that)
there are no names on it yet, but there is no reason for me to finish it now.
so screw the rules here it is.

inb4theprizeisjustaxelspritingsomethingforthewinner

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
sadface i just spent my entire weekend making the this thing just to find out you already ended this on thursday asdsdsfdaadasdsasdfadadasfdaf
i dont have rostermaker and made the entire thing myself (yes that includes the individual slots because im weird like that)
there are no names on it yet, but there is no reason for me to finish it now.
so screw the rules here it is.

inb4theprieisjustaxelspitingsomethingforthewinner
Mach Rider kind of looks like Master Chief with those colors xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom