• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. 4 Roster Maker Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
In this game, you will make a roster, and post it here.
The rules are as follows:

1) The roster must include the Original 12, plus everyone who returned to Brawl from Melee, and all confirmed SSB4 characters, Everyone else is fair game.

2) The roster must include at least 2 Nintendo Newcomers.

3) The roster must include at least 3 third parties including Mega Man, but no more than 6, absolutely no more than 6!

4) The roster must have at least 25 characters, but no more than 50. It must be made with Super Smash Bros Roster Maker Current Version, by Jakor (Big thanks to him!). The Random Box does not count as a character.

5) No 4th Parties AT ALL.

6) Unlockable and starter are optionl but strongly prefered.

7) Every character must have at least appeared on a Nintendo Console; NO MASTER CHIEF AND STUFF LIKE THAT!

8) Have fun. And,.... GO!

Groose

Smash Champion
If this is some form of competition, how exactly are we being judged? Is this going to be judged based on realism, idealism, or a mixture of the two?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This leaves a lot of questions. Mainly, if this is a contest, how will the winner be decided? :confused:

Ah well, I may as well post mine, considering it fits nicely into the criteria for entry, anyway. :laugh:

In retrospect, it probably would have looked better with a Random Box right beneath Sonic...

Exactly 50 characters, three of which are third parties, and all of the original twelve are kept. I didn't denote unlockables, though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But what are the criteria they're using? Are they just going based off of their own personal opinions?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's mine. It originally had Isaac but I had to sacrifice him for Solid Snake to meet the 3 third parties clause.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077

Had to remove 2 people from my current, then add a 3rd 3rd-party.

but here we go.

wait... um...

All newcomes are unlockable
-wii fit trainer,
-villager
-Little mac

these are also unlockable
+luigi
+Ganondorf
+ness
+lucas
+captian falcon
+R.O.B
+Falco
+wolf
+lucario
+jigglypuff

Mugiwara no Luffy

Smash Rookie
Here's mine, which I also posted in the Roster Prediction thread. I think the new roster should emphasize diversity in both characters and franchise representation (meaning the removal of lots of supporting characters). The 10 characters on the bottom are characters I would've liked to include, but couldn't due to the 40-space limit I set for myself. Of course with recent events that have happened (such as the Mega Lucario reveal), there are even more characters not listed here that I could've still added to my roster.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Here's mine, which I also posted in the Roster Prediction thread. I think the new roster should emphasize diversity in both characters and franchise representation (meaning the removal of lots of supporting characters). The 10 characters on the bottom are characters I would've liked to include, but couldn't due to the 40-space limit I set for myself. Of course with recent events that have happened (such as the Mega Lucario reveal), there are even more characters not listed here that I could've still added to my roster.

wasn't there a rule that u needed to bring back all melee veterans that were in brawl? falco thinks so.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Eh. Might as well.
Smash 4 Roster.jpg

There we go...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Unfortunately Tiki doesn't have an official icon in the roster maker.

Here's one from the Roster Maker thread, courtesy of Gibdo Knight.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
My roster with the main roster, Transformations, and potential replacements. 50 characters, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to have 55 including transformations though. Oh yeah, also no cuts.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
45 characters, red border = unlockable, etc.
By the way, I assure that you and your friends will get bored half-way through judging these.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Oops! I didn't follow the rules and I put too many people. :( Oh and also no Wii Fit Trainer

Groose

Smash Champion
So, when does the contest end? I'd like to make an entry, but I'll take as much time as I can to polish it.

Mugiwara no Luffy

Smash Rookie
wasn't there a rule that u needed to bring back all melee veterans that were in brawl? falco thinks so.
Oh yeah, you're right (darn rule)! XP Okay, umm... how about we add these characters as DLC - would that work?

I'd like to add that Ganondorf and Falco would both have a new, original moveset if this roster were to hypothetically be true. =P

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Here's mine:

Exactly 50 on the roster, however with transformation it makes 55. not sure if thats allowed or not. Now as for explanations:

VETERANS
* All the original 8 starters are wrapped around the random block with the unlockables above or below the main four (Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikahu)
- Original 8 starters are all there from the beginning while the unlockable 4 are unlockable once again.
* Melee starters include
- Peach
- Bowser
- Zelda/Sheik
- Ice Climbers
- Marth

* Brawl starters include
- Wario
- Diddy Kong
- Zero Suit Samus (since Samus is available from the start)
- Olimar
- King Dedede
- Pit
- Sonic

* Unlockables generalized
- Jigglypuff
- Luigi
- Captain Falcon
- Ness
- Falco
- Mewtwo
- Ganondorf (revamped with sword attacks in his specials, some airs, down smash, and back grabs)
- Game & Watch (surprise character)
- Meta Knight (due to his brokeness, his non-default apparel will leave fans to believe he was completely scrapped, but makes his appearance as an unlockable)
- R.O.B (surprise character)

NEWCOMERS
* "Explanation"

- Villager (CONFIRMED)
- Wii Fit Trainer (CONFIRMED)
- Mega Man (CONFIRMED)
- Dixie Kong - Heavily fan requested, need for more girls and appearance in the new DK game brings her announcement
- King K. Rool - Not as heavy as a fan request and appearance in the new DK game is slim, but the need for more villain characters made the developers decide to add K. Rool.
- Ridley - Heavily requested and deserves a spot. Size has been adjusted accordingly and it works out for everyone without them complaining (this is just a game right? hahaha :p)
- Little Mac - "leaked"
- Mii - "leaked"
- Pac-Man - "leaked" and also has a big chance with Namco Bandai helping with the game and being the mascot still
- Mr. Peepers - Nintendo came across the Smash Bros Crusade video and saw the inclusion of such an obscure character that they decide to convert the movset to the game :)
- Chrom - New rep for Fire Emblem. Replaces Ike, but is nothing like him
- Palutena - Need for more females and outranks Magnus due to her being around longer (+1 game makes a difference? hahaha)
- Waluigi - fan requested. Completes the Bros duo and all star babies are now in the game
- Baby Mario Bros - as Yoshi representatives but some of their moves are from Mario games
- Krystal - fan requested and last female to be added. completely different from the Star Fox trio
- Ghirahim - new game, new rep, other villain. Weighs out the two villains in Mario by adding two villains from LoZ
- Mach Rider - somewhat of a Snake replacement, but original in his own way. Can be compared a bit to Captain Falcon
- Meloetta - popular in Japan and frequently in the anime. Transformation works like Zelda/Sheik
- Crash Bandicoot - *story* Nintendo actually wants to put a playful looking character and wants to redeem them much like they brought back Mega Man. Notice that Crash Bandicoot did not even make it to his own crossover game and decide to add the little guy in.

More coming soon

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Oppossum: Very well designed in shape, and very balanced on character choices. Sadly nothing new to the Mario or Zelda universes, but the return of Mewtwo makes up for that. The return of Snake, while unlikely, has merit and we won't take points away for that. The character placement seems a little awkward, but good job keeing the characters of each series together. We immediately saw the addition of fan favorites Ridley, Palutena, Little Mac, and Isaac, plus one of our favorite picks, Takamaru, yet we have one other "controversial" choice; that of R.O.B. We doubt he will appear in the next Smash Bros. for the fact that there are other important and higher popularity, but well done nonetheless. Very good roster.

Guybrush: Very good, but there are things to pick on. For one, the random box seems lonely, and is awkwardly placed. We have R.O.B. here, which is one we dont think will be in next time. We see return of Mewtwo, very good, and the addition of Ridley, Shulk, Palutena, and Little Mac. There is some minor Donkey Kong overload, but that isn't too major. Sacrificing Isaac..... noooo!

legendoffrob1: We come in and we see a lovely burst of color and diversity.The roster is well balanced, altough we wouldn't have included Kamek, but that's not too bad. New additions to Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Metroid make us happy, and are well chosen, as well as DK, no overload because roster is well balanced. Something new in Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, nothing new but also nothing overwhelming in Pokemon, and the addition of Little Mac, Isaac, and Tom Nook! The three third parties are interesting: Sonic and Mega Man (expected), and Black Mage.... wonderful.

Swampasaur: Bowser Jr. makes a good addition to the Mario universe, as does King K. Rool to the DK universe. Nothing new in Zelda or Pokemon, but Ridley and Palutena make up for it. The additions of Little Mac, Isaac, Shulk, and Takmaru are very warmly welcomed, and make use want to play it now! Finally, the third parties and R.O.B., we wouldnt have picked R.O.B. as he seems rather unlikely, and the same for poor Snake.

kikaru: once again nothing new for Mario, Zelda, PKMN, or Kirby, but it is extremely well balanced. I'm not sure what game Tiki is from, but she brings a nice surprise to the roster. Once again our favorites Ridley, Takamaru, Isaac, Shulk, and Little Mac make the roster. Palutena as well. The third parties are good, but I would have chosen Pac-Man over Lloyd because he's Namco's true mascot. Very good however.

SuperBrawler: WOW! Amazing, well balanced, and some very beautiful imagery. Well done of Toad's inclusion, K. Rool, Palutena, Ridley, and Toon Zelda really make the scene. Little Mac, Takamaru, Isaac, and Shulk stand out as the great Nintendo newcomer series characters, and the balance of 4th parties is perfectly done. Easily one of our favorites so far.

More incoming soon....

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Roster Contest.png

Here is mine! I had to cut a couple of characters from my original roster.

All Brawl characters return.

Newcomers
Toad- He has been in the series since the beginning, one of the most popular requested character, and one of the most important characters in the Mario series.
Toon Zelda- She is the most recurring sidekick to Link. But her inclusion is based on Toon Link's inclusion however.
King K Rool- Donkey Kong should have another character and K Rool is even more requested than Diddy Kong.
Takamaru- Popular retro character.
Mewtwo- Second most popular Pokemon and is once again now relevant
Chrom- New rep for Fire Emblum. Newest game and it seems to already have a stage.
Little Mac- Popular and wanted character. New series requested character.
Villager- CONFIRMED
Palutena- Another female character and is the most likely character from the series.
Sukapon- Retro suprise character. First Nintendo fighting game
Wii Fit Trainer-CONFIRMED
Ridley- The one if not the most requested character and Metroid does deserve another character.
Isaac- See Little Mac
Megaman- CONFIRMED
Pacman- Most likely 3rd party character after Snake, Sonic and Megaman.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oppossum: we have one other "controversial" choice; that of R.O.B. We doubt he will appear in the next Smash Bros. for the fact that there are other important and higher popularity

Guybrush: We have R.O.B. here, which is one we dont think will be in next time.

Swampasaur: Finally, the third parties and R.O.B., we wouldnt have picked R.O.B. as he seems rather unlikely

Try to not let your and your friend's personal biases affect too much of the judgement. Sakurai has said he wants to avoid removing characters as much as possible and let's not forget how dead certain we were that the Ice Climbers were outta there for Brawl.

What I'm saying is give ROB some slack. I know it's your contest in the end but I had to say it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As for the rosters here very good and as for the talk of rob

OMG WHAT THE HELL IS YOU PEOPLE'S PROBLEM ABOUT ROB AND CAN YOU NAME ANY OTHER REASON THAN NOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET ROB FINISHED FOR ROB TO BE KICKED

Besides there's a rumor that R.O.B in December near Christmas time and this rumor is from one of the forum people here witch he got from a friend who works for Nintendo and the guy is not 100% sure

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
As for the rosters here very good and as for the talk of rob

OMG WHAT THE HELL IS YOU PEOPLE'S PROBLEM ABOUT ROB AND CAN YOU NAME ANY OTHER REASON THAN NOT ENOUGH TIME TO GET ROB FINISHED FOR ROB TO BE KICKED

Besides there's a rumor that R.O.B in December near Christmas time and this rumor is from one of the forum people here witch he got from a friend who works for Nintendo and the guy is not 100% sure
Yeah I like ROB and all and I don't think he's getting kicked, but I'm pretty sure that the rumor is forged.

Primid

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick question...when you say "No more than 50 characters," does that mean with transformations or does it mean 50 character slots?

D

Deleted member

Made on Microsoft Word.

The names written in italic type are those of the newcomers, those surrounded in purple are those of the characters who must be unlocked.

EDIT : If my roster must be less than or equal to 50 characters, then I could retire Falco, Dark Pit, Toon Link, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Mike (or M. Rider) and Dillon (or S&P Hero) of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom