• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

People need to be shot when they call Shadow emo. -_-
I mean really, he's only been somewhat emo, in what...one game? Hell, one non-canon ending of said game? Said non-canon ending that has him beleive that he's nothing more than a living weapon and responsible for millions of lives lost and more as long as he's alive?

I get it; you guys don't like Shadow. But for God's sake, stop saying Shadow is emo.
It's like saying Tails is homosexual; it's untrue and annoying beyond belief to hear/read.
And it plays upon the idiotic stereotype that "dark" is the same as "emo", which annoys me even more, considering I like to wear dark clothing. I'm not emo; I'm not goth; I just like to wear dark clothing.

EDIT: And no, this has nothing to do with being against Shadow, as I don't really give a crap about that. People will like who they like, and dislike who they dislike. It's when people say untrue things based on concepts they don't understand (i.e. saying Shadow is emo JUST BECAUSE of his dark coloring) that drives me over the edge.

splat

Smash Lord
Need to be... shot?
I'm glad we don't live in the same neighborhood. I'd be long gone by now.

-

On a different, less violent and absurd note: am I the only one who wonders if Bowser Jr. would've scored differently had he been addressed properly in the poll? Even I, a huge supporter, overlooked him at first because of him being just called 'Junior'.

Heck, I'm not even sure if it's actually referring to him.

D

Deleted member

@splat: Yeah, I think Junior would have scored better. No way would he be an unpopular request.

D

Deleted member

@Splat: I love how you ignore everything else I said and only focus on my first sentence as if what I said doesn't matter.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
On a different, less violent and absurd note: am I the only one who wonders if Bowser Jr. would've scored differently had he been addressed properly in the poll? Even I, a huge supporter, overlooked him at first because of him being just called 'Junior'.

Heck, I'm not even sure if it's actually referring to him.
Who else do you think it'd be ?

splat

Smash Lord
@Splat: I love how you ignore everything else I said and only focus on my first sentence as if what I said doesn't matter.
You mean like your post focussed on everything I said on Shadow before? Not quite, the only thing you're addressing to in that post is the word 'emo' I used, which I only used to show my serious disliking of the character in the first place. Irony at it's finest, dear Entei.

Who else do you think it'd be ?
I'm not a Nintendo encyclopedia, almost every day on these forums I hear about a new character. Initially, I thought it was a character I hadn't heard of before - someone actually called Junior.

D

Deleted member

It's not ironic as I wasn't addressing you specifically in the first place. I was making a general statement that applied to you, but was not directly towards you.
There's a fine difference. If I WAS focusing specifically on you like you are acting like I did, I would have quoted you.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I mean really, he's only been somewhat emo, in what...one game? Hell, one non-canon ending of said game? Said non-canon ending that has him beleive that he's nothing more than a living weapon and responsible for millions of lives lost and more as long as he's alive?

I get it; you guys don't like Shadow. But for God's sake, stop saying Shadow is emo.
It's like saying Tails is homosexual; it's untrue and annoying beyond belief to hear/read.
And it plays upon the idiotic stereotype that "dark" is the same as "emo", which annoys me even more, considering I like to wear dark clothing. I'm not emo; I'm not goth; I just like to wear dark clothing.
Dude, you need to chill out. This is the Internet, people uses irrelevant slangs on fictional characters all the time. Like how everyone calls Cloud from FFVII emo, not because of his appearance but personality.
Despite the fact that he STOPPED being emo at the end of FFVII
And i've really just seen people call Tails "gay", which is a slang term used pretty much everywhere on the Interwebs for pretty much any character they seem to dislike. It's irrelevant to the character, but people still use the same term.

D

Deleted member

You must not have heard of all the "Tails is gay for Sonic" crap....

I guess a better example would be the dreaded "Ike and Soren are lovers" concept that go around everywhere (which Intelligent Systems thankfully killed with the introduction to Paris in Awakening).

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Are you referring to people making fun of them for being "gay", or just the Yaoi activists? Some people actually like the idea of them being "gay". ಠ_ಠ

Stop taking things like that seriously. It's not worth it, i see hate and criticism on my favorite characters all the time and i don't let it get to me. Because if i did, the Internet just wouldn't have been the place for me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I hate all fan shippings. Especially ones that go against the established universe/ character personality.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I hate fan shipping in general.

I don't have anything else to add right now, but I dislike it so much I felt the need to comment. :p

...it's dumb.

splat

Smash Lord
You're Stupid.
And you act like you should be the one called Junior.
Calling people names over the internet makes you feel like a big boy, doesn't it? I took the liberty to see what you've been posting and you really do come across very child-like. Of course, it's to be expected of a person who includes both the word 'killer' (albeit spelled correctly, good job on that one) and a random number in his name, but I always hope someone proves me wrong on that. So, in a way, you might be right: I am stupid for keeping that hope up.

Also, who did you steal the act of capitalizing and emphasizing you s's from? I've seen it around these boards a couple of times, but I can't recall who started it. Oasis_S, perhaps? I personally believe it's a bit silly and uncreative to copy such a thing, but those to words appear to reflect your user name quite well.

-

Fan shippings are the worst. No matter if they're completely made up by fans or hinted at by the creators, I dislike them all until the creators make said romance canon.

D

Deleted member

I know he acts childish, but really? Making judgements based on a username? Coming from someone named splat, named after a cartoonish SFX?
Kind of hypocritical there, don't you think?

And in a way, you're kind of stealing the act of ranting about trivial things from me, so...:troll:

splat

Smash Lord
I know he acts childish, but really? Making judgements based on a username? Coming from someone named splat, named after a cartoonish SFX?
Kind of hypocritical there, don't you think?

And in a way, you're kind of stealing the act of ranting about trivial things from me, so...:troll:
I don't mean to rant really, but I just don't like it when I feel like I'm under personal attack. Being called stupid and told that people 'like me' need to be shot unfortunately gives me that feeling. In all reality, it feels somewhat as if the usual posters are testing me :p

As for the name splat: it's a very old username of mine. I don't use it anymore, but I don't think Smashboards lets you change your username. I couldn't be bothered to sign up with a second account. At the time, I picked it for the connections the word has with both color and shape, not because of the SFX.

Oh well. Here's hoping we can drop this and carry on.

:phone:

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
As for the name splat: it's a very old username of mine. I don't use it anymore, but I don't think Smashboards lets you change your username. I couldn't be bothered to sign up with a second account. At the time, I picked it for the connections the word has with both color and shape, not because of the SFX.
You can change your username actually, you just need to become a premium member and therefore contact an admin to do the name changing for you. That's how i changed my username. ◕ヮ◕

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Yeap.
I'm a total ****** just 'cause of my username.
Totally.
I suck major ***.
Yeap.
I mean, it totally has no backstory whatsoever and I picked it just 'cause I'm a total fool and I deserve to die for it.
And the number, oh yeah, that sucks *** too and also dosen't have any story I also deserve to die for picking such a ******** number like that. I mean, 45 ? Really ? What kind of ******* put such a crappy *** number as 45 in their username. I bring desgrace to my familiy.
Sorry for insulting your greatness, my master, but I must go away now, because I'm a idiot and my username marks my stupidness.
Also, your user name is perhaps the most mature and well thought name I've ever seen in my life. I mean, come on, splat ? Just hearing the majestic sound of that username makes me think, of how stupid I was to not pick such a great username like yours and pick a ******** *** one like mine, which makes no sense whatsoever and sucks.

D

Deleted member

Don't make it worse for yourself, Jhonny. That post is very infraction worthy.

@splat: Whatever you do, don't respond.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
for the record, I think any insults over the internet should be ignored, considering it's on the internet and no one really knows each other. Tbh, this "argument" has gotten a little out of hand with the language and maturity level, so i think it would be best to get back to a topic. (not to get included, but I really just don't find it necessary to do this here)

To be on topic, i'm surprised that Paper Mario has a rather high percentage on the chart, even higher than WAAA

D

Deleted member

I'm not. The haters of the Waa tend to gang up on poor Waluigi.

JK, Paper Mario is generally a popular idea for some reason. I assume it has to do with the fact that they just liked playing the Paper Mario games.

splat

Smash Lord
You can change your username actually, you just need to become a premium member and therefore contact an admin to do the name changing for you. That's how i changed my username. ◕ヮ◕
It sounds like you need to pay to becoming a premium member. I'm Dutch - and thus a cheepskate by nature. I reckon this username has to do :p

Junior would be a Bowser clone anyway
Oh, now you're just teasing me :p

Paper Mario is generally a popular idea for some reason. I assume it has to do with the fact that they just liked playing the Paper Mario games.
The Paper Mario games were great, indeed. I guess people think Paper Mario has a chance is because of Toon Link.
I sure as hell hope he won't make it - I'd rather not see the same character (though people argue Paper Mario is not the regular Mario, I consider them to be) twice on the roster. For that matter, I'm not a fan of two Links, but as we've had that for two games now, I'd say we'll see it for a third time, too.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Junior would be a Bowser clone anyway
He has the possibility to become a clone but I wouldn't say that its definite. A Luigified clone if anything. I would say he has a50/50 chance of being a clone or not.

Which reminds - why is there so much hate for clones? Yes, some of them are roster filler but characters such as Wolf and Toon Link are different enough from their counterparts to be great characters. The only injustice is Ganondorf who should have a unique moveset. Basically, Bowser Jr (or any characters for that matter) that have legimitate chance at being included in the roster shouldn't be counted against due to the possibility of being a clone. Even as a semi-clone, Bowser Jr. would still be a great addition because he is an important, relevant, and popular character.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm not. The haters of the Waa tend to gang up on poor Waluigi.

JK, Paper Mario is generally a popular idea for some reason. I assume it has to do with the fact that they just liked playing the Paper Mario games.
As you probably already know, i'm a HUGE fan of Paper Mario. I would personally love to see him in the game, but only really if he was unique from the regular Mario. I will admit that the other candidates for Mario are probably more likely, but Paper Mario is still one of my biggest wants.

I just find it surprising because from what I have read, it seemed to me like not too many other people wanted Paper Mario. I thought the majority was Jr., Toad, and Waluigi.

jigglover

Smash Lord
As you probably already know, i'm a HUGE fan of Paper Mario. I would personally love to see him in the game, but only really if he was unique from the regular Mario. I will admit that the other candidates for Mario are probably more likely, but Paper Mario is still one of my biggest wants.

I just find it surprising because from what I have read, it seemed to me like not too many other people wanted Paper Mario. I thought the majority was Jr., Toad, and Waluigi.
And Daisy, obviously. :troll:

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Geno was even more wanted post-Brawl, his ship kinda sailed away through Brawl's lifespan. But i still come across more people that say they want Geno than people who want Toad or Junior.

Gotta love personal experiences.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed that Little Mac, Krystal, Mewtwo and either King K. Rool or Megaman go up each day.
maybe just coincidence

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Because they didn't make the Top 50 in the previous polls, if you wanted a short answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom