• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB Poll Lounge: DLC mode engaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Groose never would be able to get more votes than Impa. You're all just voting for Shortie's favorites. :rolleyes:

The thread was so much better than this BS

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Except for Krystal, most of Shorties faves are shared by everyone. Groose probably was voted in by the MYOM group.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Groose was indeed primarily thrown in as a way to point out the ridiculousness of Ghirahim's supporters. Both characters have about as much going for them, due to their importance in a single game.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Vote up Megaman. I'm tired of this, even if it is a joke.
This, honestly.

Megaman isn't competing against other Nintendo characters for a slot, and unlike Skull Kid, a Megaman victory wouldn't convince Sakurai that American fans are utter morons to be ignored in all future polls.

This is, of course, considering this clown is actually sending the results to Sakurai. He claimed to have done so before with an earlier poll that was won by "Pokemon Trainer Brock."

D

Deleted member

Votes according to this poll as of now. Yeah I gave in and voted Mega Man, but if this guy is serious, Skull Kid better not friggin win:

Professor Layton (1184 votes)
Isaac (166 votes)
Skull Kid (10,392 votes)
Mega Man (8,432 votes)
Ridley (4,385 votes)
Ghirahim (1,685 votes)
King K. Rool (514 votes)

What? What? Skull Kid is beating everyone else out? At least the rest have good reasons to be in, Skull Kid is utterly undeserving of a slot.

If this poll makes Sakurai completely ignore us, then the people responsible for this deserve a massive "F You" for screwing us over.

Seriously, Skull Kid winning is rigged to the max.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Honestly, I could care less about Skull Kid himself. I know he'd be preferable to Tingle, Impa, Ghirahim and the like as an actual character. It's the implications of him winning this "reputable" poll that bother me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm just hoping he "sends it to Sakurai" by means of Twitter or something, in English, so it will be completely overlooked and not even glanced at. I mean, seriously, Skull Kid? I mean, if you want a villain who was only important in one game, at least pick Ghirahim. He's at least important to the overarching Zelda storyline...

At least Dunsparce didn't make the cut...

D

Deleted member

Opossum said:
At least Dunsparce didn't make the cut...
No one should ever forget that atrocity. Had he been in the finals and won, ughhhhh.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
How is it that Ridley seems like he is actually dropping position? Rather peculiar.

D

Deleted member

How is it that Ridley seems like he is actually dropping position? Rather peculiar.
Probably because the creator is still not over his Shulk obsession.

This poll will never represent what the gamers want. There is no way that Skull Kid is the most wanted rep for SSB4.

Let's hope that the off-chance that he sends it in Japanese and Sakurai reads it doesn't happen. This poll can only do harm to the community.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman

This poll will never represent what the gamers want. There is no way that Skull Kid is the most wanted rep for SSB4.

Let's hope that the off-chance that he sends it in Japanese and Sakurai reads it doesn't happen. This poll can only do harm to the community.
I hope that Sakurai takes this as it should be taken, as a joke. A plain joke.
Seriously, the moron who's running this poll should have never mentioned that he was going to send the results to Sakurai, that only influences people to votebot it.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Actually, I was talking about Smashboard's poll.

Just noticed Skull Kid's votes went up by about 20,000 in less than two days. Really?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm sad that the only Anthony Higgs mention here is one with the face of ****ing Dunsparance on it. :/

Anthony Higgs 4 Smash!

After Ridley, easily the best potential Metroid newcomer.

Skull Kid is actually pretty cool. Always said that I would've prefer HIM making it into Melee instead of Sheik. But yeah, now that Sheik was there, there's all the reason for her to get replaced for Impa. :awesome: There's not much need for Skull Kid no more, but since he was actually in Twilight Princess, and not Sheik, looking at it retrospectically he would've made the better choice to include in both Melee and Brawl.

Well anyways:

Impa 4 Smash!

Onyx Oblivian

Smash Journeyman
If Skull Kid does win this poll and the results are sent to Sakurai, my only hope (if he doesn't actually just put the him in :p ) is that he says "hmmm, why did he get so many votes..." replays Majora's Mask to see if he can understand, has an epiphany about the Young Link, and the Deku/Goron/Zora/FD masks, but has doubts about the age of the game, and goes to Miyamoto and Aonuma and they say "Oh yeah, there seems to really high demand for Majora's Mask 3D, so we're making it after the next original 3DS Zelda". Then Sakurai says to himself "Young Link with a 'Masks' moveset would be a great addition!"

????

*BOOM* We get Majora's Mask Young Link, with a Deku/Goron/Zora mask moveset, in the next Smash Bros.

Profit! :awesome:

I know, I'm grasping at straws here...

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I'm sad that the only Anthony Higgs mention here is one with the face of ****ing Dunsparance on it. :/

Anthony Higgs 4 Smash!

After Ridley, easily the best potential Metroid newcomer.

And Anthony's chances aren't helped by only appearing in the most hated Metroid game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Diddy's just going to say "You got no style!" thinking he's funny and then everyone will remember why he's generally ignored.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People who say the truth are always ignored. :rolleyes: Besides, if anyone thinks he's funny, it's you.

I see no appeal in Dark Samus really.

And I doubt Young Link will get a Pokemon-Trainer-esque moveset, but it'd be madly awesome if it would happen. Thing is, it's never gonna happen...

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
I see no appeal in Dark Samus really.
She's still a better choice than Anthony, being the main villain of three very well-liked Metroid games instead of a minor supporting character from a reviled one. That and she has much better moveset potential than Anthony, who has a gun, while Dark Samus has cool Phazon powers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa is better than Sheik.

Dark Samus could be better than Anthony yes, but she has no continueing role in the series, while Anthony may likely have future appearances. And, he was the only thing good about Other M. He could have a moveset resolving around ice blasts from his gun, his big plasma gun, and some punches and kicks here and there. Plus, I think that IF Dark Samus would ever make it, she would've got in Brawl. And 3 characters with Samus in their name is a bit much don't you think? Anthony would make a great WTF-addition as well.

D

Deleted member

Actually, I was talking about Smashboard's poll.

Just noticed Skull Kid's votes went up by about 20,000 in less than two days. Really?
I was sick in the stomach a few days ago and vomitted. That was pushing me towards it again (Skull Kid bot vote)

@Diddy Kong: I actually entertained the idea of making a parody Impa thread at work today, but I hold myself to a higher standard than that. Save yourself from even more drama and finally make that Impa thread. Then relegate all discussions about her to there.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Dark Samus could be better than Anthony yes, but she has no continueing role in the series, while Anthony may likely have future appearances. And, he was the only thing good about Other M. He could have a moveset resolving around ice blasts from his gun, his big plasma gun, and some punches and kicks here and there. Plus, I think that IF Dark Samus would ever make it, she would've got in Brawl. And 3 characters with Samus in their name is a bit much don't you think? Anthony would make a great WTF-addition as well.
Anthony was a dull, useless character from a near-universally hated game. He isn't important in the one game he's in and his role is nothing more than that of a token black action-movie character stereotype. He even
appears to
die.
His chances for reappearing in Metroid are about nil.

Dark Samus is the main villain of 2
3 if you consider that she is the Metroid Prime
critically acclaimed Metroid games, has far more moveset potential, and is a perfect rep for the Prime trilogy. She shouldn't be excluded in favor of Anthony Higgs because she has "Samus" in her name. It wouldn't make any sense for her to be a clone of Samus.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Not bad. At least it's better than that abomination of a poll that the creator said they would send to Sakurai.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'm happy Isaac is in first (tied), but Takamaru definitely needs more love. Also, as popular as he might be on GameFaqs, I have a hard time with any poll where Waluigi is tied for second and currently beating Ridley. Overall, a pretty good ten potential characters, I would be very content getting them as the newcomers.
Well, the TC admits Waluigi is only on the poll due to it being Gamefaqs. That might be why.

At least the poll is IP blocked.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, the TC admits Waluigi is only on the poll due to it being Gamefaqs. That might be why.

At least the poll is IP blocked.
Very true. I still don't quite understand that place, and all the terrible joke topics and ridiculous character support topics drove me away from it a while ago.

Although even looking at the poll in this topic shows that Waluigi is in the top ten.

D

Deleted member

The Top 10... half of it is easy to figure out.

Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, and Isaac all meet the Top 10 for sure. I would guess they are the most popular choices for newcomers.

The rest is harder to find out. Roy, sure, Palutena, sure, okay, who else? Little Mac may make it, so let's say him. For a Mario rep, who knows? Could be anyone of Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, or Paper Mario. Remember, Shortie's prevoius polls did indicate Toad at the top (not counting the last poll). But I'm sure it's one of them.

The last one is a shot in the dark. Maybe Krystal, but I don't know that for sure.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
The Top 10... half of it is easy to figure out.

Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Mega Man, and Isaac all meet the Top 10 for sure. I would guess they are the most popular choices for newcomers.

The rest is harder to find out. Roy, sure, Palutena, sure, okay, who else? Little Mac may make it, so let's say him. For a Mario rep, who knows? Could be anyone of Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, or Paper Mario. Remember, Shortie's prevoius polls did indicate Toad at the top (not counting the last poll). But I'm sure it's one of them.

The last one is a shot in the dark. Maybe Krystal, but I don't know that for sure.
Mario characters are a funny thing. Depending on where you visit the results are different. Here, Toad and Bowser Jr. tend to be more popular. On Gamefaqs Waluigi and Paper Mario seem to be more popular.

D

Deleted member

Mario characters are a funny thing. Depending on where you visit the results are different. Here, Toad and Bowser Jr. tend to be more popular. On Gamefaqs Waluigi and Paper Mario seem to be more popular.
Which is why I assume that they're around the same level with only slight difference in how requested they are.

Personally, I think Toad is the most popular with Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi following it in that order, yet they're all highly requested.

Personally I think it comes down to four options; Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, or no new rep. I only see Waluigi as a possibility if there is two Mario newcomers and Sakurai picks Waluigi as one of the choices, which is a highly unlikely scenario, given Sakurai's concern about overreping Mario (although GoldenY did state that Sakurai includes DK and Wario in this, so I think it's not a matter of him not wanting Mario reps, but rather not trying to add too much in a game).

The Mario characters are one of our biggest war zones in speculation. Thankfully, it's been contained so far, but it will rear it's ugly head come trailer time.

Jhonnykiller45

Smash Journeyman
Which is why I assume that they're around the same level with only slight difference in how requested they are.

Personally, I think Toad is the most popular with Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, and Waluigi following it in that order, yet they're all highly requested.

Personally I think it comes down to four options; Toad, Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, or no new rep. I only see Waluigi as a possibility if there is two Mario newcomers and Sakurai picks Waluigi as one of the choices, which is a highly unlikely scenario, given Sakurai's concern about overreping Mario (although GoldenY did state that Sakurai includes DK and Wario in this, so I think it's not a matter of him not wanting Mario reps, but rather not trying to add too much in a game).

The Mario characters are one of our biggest war zones in speculation. Thankfully, it's been contained so far, but it will rear it's ugly head come trailer time.
I really don't know why Sakurai is worried with 'overrepping' the Mario series, considering how important Mario is to Nintendo, I'm actually surprised that it's not.
I do expect to see 2 or maybe 3 Mario newcomers in the next game(hopefully).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I actually bet it's the other way around. Sakurai has every right to put as many Mario characters in the Smash series as he wants, it's a series where even the most minor of characters are more well known than everyone on the Smash roster except Link and Pikachu. He doesn't want to act on impulse and overload the series. He's most likely content with the series and has set a high bar for inclusion. As a side note, the Japanese don't seem all that interested in more Mario characters either.

Same probably goes for the Zelda series, but that's mostly because there isn't any more arguably core characters left.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hades and Groose are neck in neck for the contender of "Last to Break the Single Digits."

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Ridley from the Metroid series seems popular.
But how the heck would the developers implement him into a smash bros game other than as a boss battle? He's massive! It's like trying to make Master Hand a playable character.
Does anyone think before they submit character ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom