• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Squeak Squad's Ultimate Leader of Shortcakes: Daroach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't get why people want Waddle Dee, Bandana Dee, or Knuckle Joe over Daroach.

I mean, IMO he has way more moveset potential than any of those characters, plus, hasn't he appeared in more games than all of them (sans maybe one who has also appeared in multiple Kirby games)=???

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
wow i completely forgot about this guy
Yeah i support him from what i remember he was pretty cool
And wow, 44 replies to a thread that is less than a day old about a relatively obscure character

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Wow! He must be AWESOME to have stickied topic even though he's not a veteran/confirmed char.

Thinking about it now, though, I think Daroach would be my most wanted Kirby character that's not already in. I mean, I haven't played Squeak Squad in forever nor Mass Attack at all, but he just seems like a great candidate for a new Kirby character. I mean I don't think Smash has a Bomber-Phantom type of character yet.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wow! He must be AWESOME to have stickied topic even though he's not a veteran/confirmed char.

Thinking about it now, though, I think Daroach would be my most wanted Kirby character that's not already in. I mean, I haven't played Squeak Squad in forever nor Mass Attack at all, but he just seems like a great candidate for a new Kirby character. I mean I don't think Smash has a Bomber-Phantom type of character yet.
Bomber AND Phantom. Two ways to make him interesting, isn't it? His Phantom could maybe have an invisibility cloak or something as a gimmick to have a harder time hitting him or hit less damage.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Go on. I'd be interested in hearing.
well, I haven't played enough squeak squad to know exactly, but I was thinking the "phantom" could make him not flinch for light attacks, making approaching targets much easier. of course, he'll still get hit by powerful attacks, as well as take damage from light attacks. but he doesn't flinch, similar to how metal mario doesn't flinch much in 64.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
well, I haven't played enough squeak squad to know exactly, but I was thinking the "phantom" could make him not flinch for light attacks, making approaching targets much easier. of course, he'll still get hit by powerful attacks, as well as take damage from light attacks. but he doesn't flinch, similar to how metal mario doesn't flinch much in 64.
Ooh, that's a start. He'd be a quick approaching character in his playstyle at least, making it so that he could just go straight in and start combo's. If he was a good combo character that'd be more interesting to add.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How broken do you think Daroach will be? SSS Tier?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So...

How broken do you think Daroach will be? SSS Tier?
He's so broken that he might not even be playable.

Just like how he's so relevant that him being playable might make every other character irrelevant.

Also, people in the future may look at Daroach as Smash Wii U's and Smash 3DS' equivalent of Geno in Brawl, Poo in Melee, and Pit in Smash 64. I disagree. We're more like the Ness of Smash 64, the Roy of Melee, the Snake of Brawl...

...the impossible character that could, should, and inevitably would wind up being playable...

...BECAUSE STONE COLD JOHNKNIGHT1 SAID SO...

...AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!!! :shades:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GUYS! He answered my question! I'm the second question!

Well, not the answer I was expecting... but he is a humble dude.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, I've decided to nominate Daroach over at rate your chances after Kamek gets rated. (also it's a 5 nomination bonus day there so you guys should go there and nominate whoever, preferably Daroach x10)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
GUYS! He answered my question! I'm the second question!

Well, not the answer I was expecting... but he is a humble dude.
Humble and honest indeed, though it's unfortunate. We may never see Daroach in Smash...

But hey, maybe one day we'll see him in a 3D Kirby game! There are so many characters originating from a 2D sidescroller that I'd like to see in model form.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Dangerously
Awesome
Rogue
Of
Admirablely
Cool
Humbleness

It is no surprise that he is a humble one. It is part of the acronym that forms his name.:awesome:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Humble and honest indeed, though it's unfortunate. We may never see Daroach in Smash...

But hey, maybe one day we'll see him in a 3D Kirby game! There are so many characters originating from a 2D sidescroller that I'd like to see in model form.

Daroach is one of many characters I really want to see in 3D. There's also Balloon Fighter, Geno, Donkey Kong Junior, Count Bleck and Masked Man to name a few.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Halfway through squeak squad. great game! although so far there's minimal daroach...

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
You know, maybe Daroach could give Ridley some love as one of the flying characters.

Also here's something interesting, Kirby's been shown, but not MK or Dedede or even a stage. Think we'll see one of these three soon? Kirby was HUGE in revealing all three fast. Squeak Squad stage I think will happen on the 3DS and Return to Dreamland and/or kirby's epic yawn on the Wii U

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the next Kirby reveal will be Meta Knight. Every veteran revealed till now (except Samus and Bowser) was on the whiteboard drawing.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE RELEVANCE, BECAUSE "MUH RELEVUNCY" beliefs still exist.
I wonder what his crowd cheer would sound like?

Something more interesting than just shouting his name over and over I hope.
"DAH-ROACH!" *clap, clap, clap*
"DAH-ROACH!" *clap, clap, clap*

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
That would be awesome, I really desire a 4th Kirby Character
Deluxe Total Support!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, Daroach would be so amazing. Not just is the insane moveset, playstyle, and skillset potential there, but man, we could literally derail everything these speculators have come to know and love despite the fact they are abominations.

IT WOULD BE GLORIOUS CHAOS!!!! :awesome: :grin: :shades:

Xigger

Smash Lord
Originality and potential just isn't enough to get in Smash... but that's why I love to see mod characters in Brawl. Why not?

grizby2

Smash Lord
I looooove my Kirby characters. I think it would be a good idea to put some videos in the OP that feature him in gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom