• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
If we are going to get codecs back, I think we might get some revised codecs about some veterans such as :4lucario: because he had Mega Evolution and Otacon could talk a little about his new final smash. They could talk about :4zss: Jet Boots, Snake's reaction to her boots like "Whoa, Otacon! Samus got new boots!" Maybe we will get them back if he return so we could get this codec for :4greninja:.

Snake: " Otacon, Who is this Pokemon?" Is that a tongue on its mouth?"

Otacon: "That's Greninja, Snake. Its remind me of one of my Japanese animes. Yes, that his tongue and it is also its tongue is a scarf."

Snake: Ew. I wouldn't touch its tougue. That disgusting.

Otacon: Me too. I wouldn't touch its mouth too. Anyway Its can recovered by using Hydro Pump But beware, it use Substitute which mean it disappear with a Substitute doll or a log which take its place before countering with a flying kick upon reappearance. That not the only move you should avoid. Greninja also use Water Shuriken and Shadow Sneak. But watch out of his Final Smash, his Final Smash is Secret Ninja Attack which its can trap one or more opponents by using its Mat Block move and overwhelm the opponents with multiple slashes, kicks, and palm strikes in front of the moon. After he done, he hit them with one final blow to sent him into the ground.

Snake: Ok, got it.

:4littlemac:

Snake: Otacon, who is this little guy with the green boxing gloves.

Otacon: That's Little Mac, don't get fool by his size because he is one tough guy.

Snake: He look easy to beat.

Otacon: Despite his size, he had beaten many opponents in the ring because Doc Louis trained him to be strong.
He can beat many opponents at the same time by doing Straight Lunge. When the Power Meter is fully charged, it turn into the KO uppercut which can sent the opponents up into the air. However beware, when he got the Smash Ball he transformed into Giga Mac which make him blow the opponent out in one hit but doing Straight Lunge.

Snake: Look like he may not be easy to beat, Eh? We will see about this.
You should totally email these to Konami or Nintendo! I'm sure they'd appreciate the creativity!

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I would love to see new codec transmissions for the characters that weren't in Brawl, but judging by Palutena's Guidance only having a generic dialogue for DLC, it doesn't seem too likely unfortunately. I'd just be happy with them recycling the codecs from Brawl and one new generic codec for those who weren't in the game, or even no codecs as long as we get Snake and Shadow Moses Island.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I just want Snake in the game, first XD. I could imagine them porting the Brawl codes over, but nothing more than that. I'd consider Snake in the game by himself lucky enough, let alone the codecs

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I seriously don't think there's a shred of a chance for codecs to return (even though that would be hype as expletive), but Otacon doing the "Just like one of my Japanese animes!" line for someone like Greninja would make me break down laughing.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
There was a really good codecs for Palutena on these boards, including her flirting with Otacon, but I can't find it anymore.

There's a lot of good fan codecs for Snake out there. Really, the basic concept of the Snake codecs made more sense than the Guidances. Snake not only comes from a non-fantasy world, but he's a "guest" to Smash. Pit was already in one Smash game, and he's seen some pretty crazy stuff in his own world to get worked up over PSI. This is a case where Snake "standing out" worked in his favor: Pit fits in too much for the Guidances to really be funny observations. Also, I feel the writing was just better for Snake. The Robin codec felt like a slap in the face for Chrom fans. Not all Guidances are bad, but I really prefer Snake's.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Considering getting Ground Zeroes as something to hold me over until I get TPP. Should I? Or just skip it and wait (I already know most of the story of GZ)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Considering getting Ground Zeroes as something to hold me over until I get TPP. Should I? Or just skip it and wait (I already know most of the story of GZ)
I'd recommend it. On a sale anyway.
Plus you get some slight extras in TPP personnel wise.

Also that moment when a combat deployment has a 95% success rate and fails.
Even MGS has fallen to the RNGods.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
There was a really good codecs for Palutena on these boards, including her flirting with Otacon, but I can't find it anymore.

There's a lot of good fan codecs for Snake out there. Really, the basic concept of the Snake codecs made more sense than the Guidances. Snake not only comes from a non-fantasy world, but he's a "guest" to Smash. Pit was already in one Smash game, and he's seen some pretty crazy stuff in his own world to get worked up over PSI. This is a case where Snake "standing out" worked in his favor: Pit fits in too much for the Guidances to really be funny observations. Also, I feel the writing was just better for Snake. The Robin codec felt like a slap in the face for Chrom fans. Not all Guidances are bad, but I really prefer Snake's.
This feature coming with Snake emphasized how much of Brawl centered around his inclusion which makes his cut in Smash 4 more notable and arguably odd considering his popularity. I mean, it's nothing like having the Ice Climbers theme or Wolf's theme regarding their characters, but not saying anything about his absence is annoying.
If there is a new character released next Wednesday, the 30th, I will play a few matches of For Glory to see how it works. Unless it's Wolf, Snake, or the Climbers

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
King K. Rool is easily my most wanted after Snake; beyond that, I'd like to see Rayman, Bayonetta, or Ridley, though I realize that the latter two don't have great chances.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I would LOVE to see Banjo Kazooie, but they don't seem very likely....still deserves it more than Shovel Knight

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So, guys. If not Snake, who would you want to see?
Wonder Red, Wolf, and Tetra are my alternate top three. Gotta say I'd love Simon Belmont or Phoenix Wright, but that'd never happen.
Big Boss of course!

In all seriousness, I'm pretty open-minded to which characters come as DLC. I'm not trying to get my hopes up for too many characters. There are other characters I support and would be happy with, but Snake is the one character that I long to see.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Everybody, just don't expect too many characters because Sakurai stated that he can only make a few and that there would not be too many characters. We need someone to submit emails to Konami and Nintendo about Snake in Smash 4. Come on, just do it now. This could skyrocketed Snake's chances in Smash 4 and maybe these could happen.

:4ryu:
Snake: "Ugh. This guy looks tough and he is not wearing any shoes."
Otacon: That's Ryu. Be careful he is a very powerful fighter. He can do very powerful moves such as Shoryuken. Unlike everybody else he have two Final Smashes one is that if he get closer to a opponent he will use Shin Shoryuken to the opponent with a very powerful uppercut and finish the opponent with his other fist. The other is Shinku Hadoken which he gathered a great amounts of blue energy into his hands and throw it into the opponents which can also drag opponents in before exploding.
Snake: "Huh, he get two Final Smashes unlike everybody else including me. Well, let see if he can beat me."

:4lucina:
Snake: Mei Ling, is that Marth?
Mei Ling: No, that's Lucina. She is a descendant of Marth, and the future daughter of Chrom. She travel back in time to save her father and avert the disastrous future of where she came from. She did once disguised as Marth but, revealed herself to his father and joined his army. Lucina had the same moves as Marth. But be careful, she is a very dangerous swordfighter.
Snake: Ok, I got this.

:4duckhunt:
Snake: This dog is really creeping me out.
Otacon: That's Duck Hunt. it use moves such as Trick Shot and Clay Shooting. The duck help him to fight opponents.
Its Final Smash is NES Zapper Posse which it call in a flock of 8-bit ducks and hit any opponents that get close to it and carried them in a western field and drop them in middle of the shootout between the Wild Gunmen and the gangsters from Hogan's Alley which they get hit in the crossfire as well as being hit by ducks and tin cans.
Snake: Look like this dog is no ordinary dog. Well let's see it can take on me.

Last edited:

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
So, guys. If not Snake, who would you want to see?
Wonder Red, Wolf, and Tetra are my alternate top three. Gotta say I'd love Simon Belmont or Phoenix Wright, but that'd never happen.
Well I'm still very optimist with Snake
I can't wish a lot because my 2 favorite characters are now on Smash Roy and Ryu
Not more until E3, I'm happy with both and I wanted before Smash 4

But now I'm realist and I want well elaborated characters and some popular
My top five after Snake are Wolf, Isaac and Inkling like the most viable and the other two like dream desire are Mach Rider and Kyo from KOF because Sakurai played before Smash King of Fighters hahaha

--------------------------------------------------------
EDIT
I watched this video on Twitter and was very funny:link::snake:
Maybe he could send a lot bombs at the Mushroom Kingdom on Mario Maker :troll::bomb::yoshi:

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Other than Snake? Ice Climbers, although they're not happening. Yeah, I've had some bad luck with cut veterans this time around. Other than them, K. Rool, Inkling, Ivysaur. Man, if Ice Climbers and Snake returned, I'd be jumping around in happiness. They were the most unique veterans to ever be cut, and both also represented an entire series.

Although the ballot has probably already been decided, we should still make a final push, just to show support hasn't tapered off. Annoy your friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, (big) bosses. We won't get another chance, after all.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Truth be told, aside from Snake, the characters I want don't really have much of a chance getting in (and even if they do make it in, my excitement would be only tepid if Snake were still left out). I would like to see Ice Climbers, John Raimi, Uniracer, Henry Flemming, Wonder Red, Dr. Eggman, Tails, Black Mage, Simon Belmont, Krystal and Inkling make it in, but certainly not before Snake's return. Honestly, aside from Snake, I've become more interested in stage DLC as the likes of K. Rool, Isaac and Shovel Knight just aren't doing it for me.

Don't get me wrong, I still will buy and enjoy the DLC characters, as long as they aren't clones.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I'm a strong supporter of both Shantae and King K. Rool, but even if they will be added, the game will always feel somehow empty and incomplete for me without Snake.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sounds familiar...
Otacon: Snake, I see you're fighting Pit again. Be careful, he's got a few new tricks up his sleeve! His Upperdash Arm will send you flying, and his Guardian Orbitars will send your projectiles right back at you!

Snake: Got it, the mutant learned a thing or two since the last game. I'll be sure to keep an eye out.

Pit: Um, excuse me, but this is supposed to be my guidance. And I am not a mutant.

Snake: What?! How did you hack into this frequency? Was it that toad again?

Palutena: No toads here, and I'm the one that's supposed to be helping Pit, so could you please take your reconnaissance elsewhere?

Otacon: A-ah! It's the goddess Palutena! This is just like one of my anime...!

Snake: What is she, your waifu or something? Snap out of it!

Pit: Hey! Don't think about Lady Palutena like that!

Viridi: Puh-lease, it's not like you haven't Pit.

Palutena: She does have a point, Pit.

Pit: H-hey, come on! We're in the middle of a fight!

Snake: ... I agree with the mutant, can we get this over with?

Pit: I AM NOT A MUTANT!

Otacon: The goddess of nature too! Ah, this is too much...!

Viridi: Eww, filthy human, stop being so creepy!

Palutena: Creepy? I think he's charming.

Pit: Eh?! What did you do to Lady Palutena?!

Palutena: Oh we haven't done anything, Pit. Yet.

Pit: I'mnothearingthisrightnow, I'mnothearingthisrightnow...

Otacon: A-aaahhhh!

Snake: Otacon? Are you alright? Hal?! HAAAAAALL!!!

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't have a great familiarity with the MGS games (mostly because I'm more a Nintendo User), but his design and style in Brawl make me want him again in Smash 4

Otherwise, my most wanted character (and the one that I support over everyone else) is Micaiah, but also, I want Adeleine (probably the most unlikeable of them), Bandana Dee and K. Rool.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Banjo Kazooie is my most wanted aside from Snake. Bayonetta, Bandanna Dee, and Isaac (preferably with a Felix alt) are runner ups.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
by the way, should I switch Ice Climbers and Snake in the probability list in my DLC wants?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
by the way, should I switch Ice Climbers and Snake in the probability list in my DLC wants?
Sadly, or fortunately depending on personal opinion, I think Snake has a far better chance than the Ice Climbers. So if he is behind them then, yes, you should.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
I really hope Snake is one of the last pre-ballot characters next Wednesday. Just vote for him just in case if he is not revealed on the 30th. We need every support that we need for Snake that include sending emails to Nintendo and Konami ( Someone need to send them each a email.) I'am hoping that all the support we got for him can get a spot secured for Snake. Let's make one final push guys!

Maybe Snake's trailer will happen on the 30th and a similar trailer like this video could happen.

GO! GO! GO! GUYS, WE CAN MAKE THIS A REALITY AGAIN!!!!! WE CAN DO IT!!!!

Oh, by the way guys, this is off topic I would love to see a Snake costume for Mario in Super Mario Maker and you can play a game of Super Snake Bros.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
There's a number of characters I want to see alongside Snake in Smash Bros -
Top three are vacuum-locked at around 100% want.
Inklings, King K. Rool and Isaac. From them onwards, I support the characters that I want to see, but those are my top three. I'd say Snake would probably in my top 10 for me.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
I can send a mail but until weekend
I'm very busy now by school
Please keep supporting and send a letter or mail too If you have the opportunity

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I can send a mail but until weekend
I'm very busy now by school
Please keep supporting and send a letter or mail too If you have the opportunity
I feel you too. Work has limited me on many things. But didn't you guys planned to send actual physical mail to Konami but erased the address? Why? Also something odd I read at 4chan, some try to write via twitter to Stephanie Joosten about the ballot. Like if she voted for Quiet, Snake or alike. Not sure if anyone has tried?

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
"Why isn't he still here? Just for us to suffer? Every time I see the character select screen, I can feel his slot... and his Codecs... even his tech. The fighter I've lost... and the universe we lost won't stop hurting. It's like it's all still there -- you feel it too, don't you? I'm going to vote for them to give us back our past..."

I don't intend to come off as narrow-sighted, but Snake is the only DLC character that I truly want. Ever since his absence was made official when Smash 3DS released, my support has flown entirely into him, though I've no objection to forthcoming DLC fighters that aren't Snake -- I'm wholly open to purchasing them. If I was being interrogated by Oceleot and had to choose any character, it'd be Elline from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. I know for a fact she won't be a fighter, but she was the only character that I was able to think of at the moment and say "oh, that'd be interesting."

Whilst losing myself to The Phantom Pain since it launched (nearly 110 hours have been logged in and 55% has been completed, good heavens), I thought of a rather intriguing idea: say Snake comes back as DLC and is primarily based off of his TPP appearance. The Codecs could be mostly handled by Ocelot and Kaz as opposed to Otacon and the Colonel (Huey could be present, naturally), giving a fresh perspective on the Smash roster from Ocelot's and Kaz's eyes. Knowing the current predicament between SAG-AFTRA and voice actors within the gaming industry, that doesn't seem very likely if Troy Baker and co. are indeed part of the union -- unless they'd recorded the Codecs way back when.

So, do you fine folk think we'll know the results of the Ballot on October 3 or a few weeks after? I'm feeling the latter, as something of this magnitude would require time and preparation, for a proper unveiling that would induce an astoundingly ecstatic reaction from the fans would be suited to Sakurai's preferences.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
"I don't intend to come off as narrow-sighted, but Snake is the only DLC character that I truly want.
This statement specifically. Snake is really the only character I really really want. The rest I listed before are all "they would be nice, but if they don't get in, eh." If Snake didn't get in, I'd be genuinely upset.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So very strange thing, Konami confirmed that triple-A development would continue, only to go back and say that they wouldn't. So, sorry it had to and like this, and only a week before the end of the ballot. I'm very sorry. :(

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
So very strange thing, Konami confirmed that triple-A development would continue, only to go back and say that they wouldn't. So, sorry it had to and like this, and only a week before the end of the ballot. I'm very sorry. :(
The hell are you apologizing for?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The fact that Snake unfortunately has problems with getting into Smash.
I'm not sure if you're aware that it's not over yet. That's an incredibly pessimistic outlook and anything is bound to happen. Every character has problems getting into Smash, you know.

Top Bottom