• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
also :snake: could hide himself in his box in Gamer in order to avoid getting capture by 5-Volt
Snake evading the Gamer lady by hiding in a box is the best idea, make that happen Sakurai

I'm glad someone else is upset at people saying "give his moveset to someone else." Honey, no, that's bull, and nobody would suggest this for a different character. It's the most ridiculous anti-Snake thing logic.

No it wasn't. It was a brand new game.

Also, I didn't know what you were talking about untill I saw the nintenzone thread.

Thus is not good at all, but hopefully it means that the namco bandai rumour is true.
What thread?
Rumors are my lifeblood :denzel:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm not buying this "Konami is quitting games" until it is officially announced. I read the article and all they site is some French, of all places, site. If you ask me, it's another "leak" spreading misinformation around.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm not buying this "Konami is quitting games" until it is officially announced. I read the article and all they site is some French, of all places, site. If you ask me, it's another "leak" spreading misinformation around.
Non-English sites can be reliable, if inaccessible. I can translate the article in question if it's not in English yet.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The only news I've read is that they will not produce any AAA game besides PES in the future. So:
1)They are clearly not leaving the console market.
2)This still doesn' t exclude more games on console. They are simply not going to have a multi-millionaire budget like MGSV. Creating, let's say, a new MG HD collection isn't an AAA project. Plus most Nintendo games (like Captain Toad , Kirby and the Rainbow Course and even Splatoon) aren't AAA in regards of production, but they are still a hell of fun!

I wouldn'the rule out Konami just yet...

IT'S NOT OVER YET, SNAKE!

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I found that Nintenzone thread and dang, the pessimism is through the roof. And also some people who seemed a bit too happy about what this might mean for Snake. I don't get that, honestly. "You thought your beloved veteran had a chance? Look at how wrong you are!" If someone genuinely believes Snake has no chance, well, that's up to them, but there's no need to be mean-spirited about it. Yikes.

I had a really bizarre dream involving turd rockets involving Metal Gear but I don't even know how to explain it other than a giant T. Rex was chasing Snake around a factory and then it fell asleep and you had to sneak away from it without waking it up. Also you had no weapons and there was an achievement called "live retweeting" for falling from one floor to another.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
http://imgur.com/QerWDSp

So it might continue after all.
If the quote is anything to go buy, I guess this proves once again that Konami isn't out of the console business. I don't understand why so many people latched on to the idea that they stopped making console games. Btw, I'm not trying to blindly defend Konami, I just want to know the truth about this whole controversy.

I swear that all the controversy and misinformation about the "Konami Situation" could be written into a Metal Gear storyline...

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Non-English sites can be reliable, if inaccessible. I can translate the article in question if it's not in English yet.
Thanks, I appreciate the offer. It probably will help us understand what is going on more. At the very least, it'd be nice to hear the take from someone who is positive toward Snake, thus not writing Konami off instantly.

It's not so much that it's not english that makes me skeptical, it's more that it seems a little fishy that the only place we are getting the info is from an unknown foreign site. I would think that if it were a major and more reliable site, the article would have mentioned it by name instead of phrasing it they way it did.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the info and this a major site covering it, it just seems weird that I'm not really seeing anything else backing it up. Given how many hoaxes people spit out, I just have trouble believing these smaller sits on the net.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Luckily, if this rumor is true, the company has a chance of being merged with Nintendo, and they'll probably treat Kojima Productions with better care than Konami. Mario Party developers ND Cube would most likely be responsible for development on the rest of the series.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
We need to have him back. Having Snake back as DLC would be a love letter for Hideo Kojima for all his hard work. It would be cool to have Grey Fox back as a assist trophy. I fail to see why people think he look out of place, I think he fit fine in the Smash Bros. universe. I would love to see a team battle like this :4ryu::snake: vs. :4feroy::4myfriends:. Every vote goes to Snake count and the more votes we have, the sooner this will become true. Don't stop believing the dream people! We can do this guys! We can change the future!:4shulk: WAKE UP PEOPLE! WE ONLY GOT 2 WEEKS TO VOTE AND TO SUPPORT SNAKE! THE FUTURE OF :snake: IS IN OUR HANDS TO DECIDE! DON'T WAIT OR DELAY! VOTE NOW AND GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!

Oh! I know I'am late on this news I don't know if people did read this. However Nintendo made an announcement a few days ago. They recently got a new president who will replaced Iwata. His name is Tatsumi Kimishima. Nintendo also confirmed that Nintendo Directs will continue without Iwata and that good news because it bring more hype to everybody. I predict that the last veterans who going to return as DLC is these guys (:snake::wolf:). I think this is quite off topic but, I want to let you guys know that in case you didn't read this news I got it covered for you. Let hope he, Sakurai, and Konami put :snake: back as DLC. Let us be optimistic on the future of :snake:!

This is how he look like in this picture.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I've been thinking about the whole "Konami stopping AAA titles" reports flooding the internet right now, and it's really confusing me. If it's true that they are finished with AAA titles, and the quote from the Konami customer service rep is accurate, does that mean Konami will continue console games like Metal Gear, but with lower budgets?

Does anyone know how trustworthy the source for the "no more AAA titles" reports are? I don't know too much about the whole "no more AAA titles" thing, and my small amount of digging on that subject didn't come up with anything interesting. Did this source accurately predict anything in the past? This whole thing seems pretty sketchy.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
We need to increase the support and the votes in order to have :snake: back. He is one of the 2 most highly requested veterans
who is most likely to get in. We need to be more like the Roy fans, there were some people that don't like Roy to come back and yet despite many people don't want him back, he still got in because a lot of people want him back and he wasn't a Marth clone like :4lucina: and I'am okay with :4lucina: being a clone because she was supposed to be alternative costume for :4marth: but :4lucina: was designed to be much easier to play than :4marth: because novice players can get used to the playstyle. I respect Sakurai's decision to make :4lucina:,:4drmario:, and:4darkpit: as clones because their functionality had differences I play the 3 clones and treat them as bonus characters. Now back to :snake: if people don't want him as DLC if he was revealed then, don't buy him. Nobody forcing you to buy him. It just simply as that. I just can't wait to see him back in HD if he come back. Seriously, guys if we don't get him back, we probably will never see him again and that game over for us. I still had faith for him. I think the fate of :popo: in Smash 4 had been sealed until the next game despite they have alot of votes and support. Neither :ivysaur: and :squirtle: are getting in despite both of them having unique movesets due to because they have a lack of votes and support. I hear that many people don't like :pichumelee: because he is a Pikachu clone and a joke character despite his cute looks and Also, many people are opposed having a third Link because :younglinkmelee: is a another clone with the same movesets like the other 2 Links. I feel bad for those who want all the veterans to come back. But unfortunately, this dream will not come true anytime soon sadly. We could only had a few more veterans and then we are done with them. I feel disgusted when I see people opposed to characters that people want. If people don't want to support the character, then that fine because the character is going get support anyway because every character is going to loved by fans. Again, back to :snake: I really hope that Sakurai is able to bring :snake: back to Smash 4 as DLC because the DLC will also be like in honor of Hideo Kojima I kinda think I already talk about this the last post I made. I also hope Nintendo and Konami will get along fine and made a deal and a handshake despite the fact that many people keep bringing up the problem was is going on at Konami. It will be fine and it will not like they both are leaving money on the table and upset fans. Once he get in, he will be alright just like the others (:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:) and had also higher chance to return in future Smash Bros. games.

Here are some cutscenes of Snake in SSE:

One last thing before I'am done talking in this post. I want to see gameplays of :snake: meet and fight against newcomers such as :4palutena: , :4robinm:, and :4duckhunt:.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
We need to increase the support and the votes in order to have :snake: back. He is one of the 2 most highly requested veterans
who is most likely to get in. We need to more like the Roy fans, there were some people that don't like Roy to come back and yet despite many people don't want him back, he still got in because a lot of people want him back and he wasn't a Marth clone like :4lucina: and I'am okay with :4lucina: being a clone because she was supposed to be alternative costume for :4marth: but :4lucina: was designed to be much easier to play than :4marth: because novice players can get used to the playstyle. I respect Sakurai's decision to make :4lucina:,:4drmario:, and:4darkpit: as clones because their functionality had differences I play the 3 clones and treat them as bonus characters. Now back to :snake: if people don't want him as DLC if he was revealed then, don't buy him. Nobody forcing you to buy him. It just simply as that. I just can't wait to see him back in HD if he come back. Seriously, guys if we don't get him back, we probably will never see him again and that game over for us. I still had faith for him. I think the fate of :popo: in Smash 4 had been sealed until the next game despite they have alot of votes and support. Neither :ivysaur: and :squirtle: are getting in despite both of them having unique movesets due to because they have a lack of votes and support. I hear that many people don't like :pichumelee: because he is a Pikachu clone and a joke character and Also, many people are opposed having a third Link clone because :younglinkmelee: is a another clone with the same movesets like the other 2 Links. I feel bad for those who want all the veterans to come back. But unfortunately, this dream will not come true anytime soon sadly. We could only had a few more veterans and then we are done with them. I feel disgusted when I see people opposed to characters that people want. If people don't want to support the character, then that fine because the character is going get support anyway because every character is going to loved by fans. Again, back to :snake: I really hope that Sakurai is able to bring :snake: back to Smash 4 as DLC because the DLC will also be like in honor of Hideo Kojima I kinda think I already talk about this the last post I made. I also hope Nintendo and Konami will get along fine and made a deal and a handshake despite the fact that many people keep bringing up the problem was is going on at Konami. It will be fine and it will not like they both are not leaving money on the table and upset fans. Once he get in, he will be alright just like the others (:4mewtwo::4lucas::4feroy:) and had also higher chance to return in future Smash Bros. games.

Here are some cutscenes of Snake in SSE:

One last thing before I'am done talking in this post. I want to see gameplays of :snake: meet and fight against newcomers such as :4palutena: , :4robinm:, and :4duckhunt:.
I also believe that if Snake doesn't come back in Smash 4, it's likely he will never return in any future Smash games. Though I do support other veterans, the other veterans have much higher chances to return in future Smash games than Snake. That's why Snake is my number one priority for DLC support. It's a shame to see any series completely cut from Smash, and I want to see one of my favorite game series have more representation in another of my favorite game series from one of my favorite video game companies!

Regardless of what happens in the future, I won't stop supporting Snake. Once a Smash Brother, always a Smash Brother!

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Man, the SSE may have been messy, but the cutscenes were everything you hope for in Smash. I never noticed this the first time around, but when the shadow guys come to attack them, Lucario and Meta Knight are in fighting position while Snake is hiding... because that's what you do in an MGS game when a huge force of people is searching to kill you. More practical than "I CAN TAKE ON ALL THESE LOSERS AT ONCE YES" (and Peach and Zelda were totally checking Snake out, lbr :denzel:)

Cool Guy 36 Cool Guy 36 I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who likes making stupid Shulk future references. :4shulk: We can change the future! :4shulk: The future is ours to decide! :4shulk: I'm really feeling it! We also need footage of Snake fighting Cockney Metal Gear Metal Face.

FeenieTheTrite FeenieTheTrite Never is a pretty strong word. Even if he doesn't come back this time, I don't think he's permanently out of the running. Imagine the next Smash game. First newcomers shown. Pretty graphics. And then... oh look, there he is! So unexpected! What a callback to the first Brawl trailer! People are surprised again! To those who never played Brawl, he may as well be a newcomer. Snake can be kept as a sort of secret ace, since the announcement of his return would definitely bring hype (the longer the absence, the more the hype - a Mewtwo effect?). As the number of shoo-in newcomers decreases, they're gonna have to try new things to keep people hooked. And recycling old stuff is one way to do that with comparatively less effort. "Introducing, a never before seen Stadium mode... BOARD THE PLATFORMS!"

I agree he's not an obvious choice for the next game like, say Ice Climbers. But that's why we have this ballot, for future Smash games. If he does well here, it means he will be taken into consideration for future Smash games. His reception in Brawl was almost universally positive. If Wolf comes back (which he will) and Snake doesn't, he's the only mysteriously missing veteran left. We can only hope Konami or whoever owns the MG properties has gotten it together by the time a new game comes around so we don't have to deal with the haters (and we can just shake shake shake 'em off :secretkpop:).

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I had to make some small changes to the last post that I made because I want you to understand that if Snake get enough support to be one of the Smash Ballot characters everybody will be happy and jump into joy and also that will be fine if he made it and that it not like both Nintendo and Konami leaving money on the table and upset fans. But just ignore people who don't want him back. Focus on the support and the votes! Never give up hope people! Never give up! I vowed to support him and increase his support! This is off topic did you know that Mega Man, Street Fighter, and Metal Gear were all introduced in 1987. Also imagine having 3 third party characters in a level named 1986-1990 in All-Star Mode at the same time and it will be like this in order if he return:

You Vs .:4pit:,:4palutena:,:snake:,:4ryu:,:4megaman:,:4marth:,:4drmario:,:4yoshi:, and :4falcon:.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
A third party extravaganza event would be pretty sweet.

"Your guests have gotten a little rowdy. Remind them who's the host around here!"
Mario vs. Sonic, Mega Man, Pac Man, Ryu, and Snake.

The stage should be something very quintessential Nintendo-y. I was thinking the 64 Mushroom Kingdom stage but nobody likes that

It'll be a shame to see this thread go when the DLC happens. ~* I've learned so much *~

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
(Sigh) It is a really sad and a shame because I really hate to see him getting cut. I just can't sit and watch all of you supporters sad. This is the reason why I gave so much support to you guys. I want this thread to be more active. We just can't have our heads down looking very sad. But fortunately I'am sure that Nintendo and Konami can work this out if Snake can get enough votes. Hopefully we can get to have a team battle of ( :4feroy::4mewtwo::4drmario:) vs. (:4lucas::snake::wolf: )and this (:4mario: vs. :4megaman: vs. :4sonic: vs. :4pacman:vs.:4ryu:vs.:snake:)

It doesn't matter if the people don't like him, you have to always ignore them.It like the people that don't want him stick their heads to the sand pretend that they didn't listen to what we say about the research we got about Metal Gear and Snake. He have a history with Nintendo. You right! We can't give up! We need more and more and more supporters! If you want an Amiibo of :snake: you have to support him in order to make that happen!

Oh here some music to make you feel comfortable:

Also, here is all of Snake's codecs in Brawl:

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I just think it's weird how Sakurai mentions him indirectly in the 50 fact and then looks back on how awesome his reveal was. I mean, with that kind of attitude and pride, it's strange how he doesn't address him at all. He addressed Ice Climbers and some people who had Brawl as their first Smash game would remember Snake more than Ice Climbers and notice his absence. CALL ME CRAZY, but it's like he doesn't want to get our hopes up, but he doesn't want to shoot us down either--maybe he's trying to figure something out?

Initially, I thought he was removed because he was awkward among other Nintendo characters, but I mean if he had so much support, then who the heck cares. I'm sorry if it turns out to be nothing--but it just bugs me so much. Squirtle and Ivysaur weren't brought up when the transformation gimmick was removed. It's like when trophies of cut character don't mention their appearance in previous smash games or their absence in said game--what does it MEAN? Am I over analyzing it?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I just think it's weird how Sakurai mentions him indirectly in the 50 fact and then looks back on how awesome his reveal was. I mean, with that kind of attitude and pride, it's strange how he doesn't address him at all. He addressed Ice Climbers and some people who had Brawl as their first Smash game would remember Snake more than Ice Climbers and notice his absence. CALL ME CRAZY, but it's like he doesn't want to get our hopes up, but he doesn't want to shoot us down either--maybe he's trying to figure something out?

Initially, I thought he was removed because he was awkward among other Nintendo characters, but I mean if he had so much support, then who the heck cares. I'm sorry if it turns out to be nothing--but it just bugs me so much. Squirtle and Ivysaur weren't brought up when the transformation gimmick was removed. It's like when trophies of cut character don't mention their appearance in previous smash games or their absence in said game--what does it MEAN? Am I over analyzing it?
There is a degree of over analysis here(which I am guilty of when it comes to my top wanted so I know), but at the same time it's hard not to agree that it's all odd.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
If we are going to get some Metal Gear DLC content with Snake for Smash Bros we probably might get this:

Big Boss Mii costume for :4miibrawl:

Gray Fox Mii costume for:4miisword:

I don't know what Mii costume for the :4miigun: will get if he return, but we see.

Groznyj Grad stage for the 3DS version

Shadow Moses Island stage for the Wii U version

Gray Fox as Assist Trophy ( Not sure he will return because non of the Assist Trophies that have been cut have returned as DLC and if he return he is the first Assist Trophy to return.)

Also some trophies like Otacon (I highly doubt we get a lot because the last DLC have 4 trophies for Street Fighter.)

This is probably will be all the Metal Gear content that we will be getting if he return.

If Snake return it will be the first time that a universe got removed and later return as DLC. Snake will also be the first third party character to return as DLC.

Remember :snake: = $$$$.

Here some pictures of some easter eggs and in some of the Metal Gear games to cheer you up:

In Twin Snakes if you hit Mario, you get a 1-UP sound and you get a little bit of health.
There is a GameCube and Yoshi in the game. All of three can be found in Otacon's lab.
Psycho Mantis will mention about Super Mario Sunshine and Super Smash Bros. Melee if you had save data for
these games on their memory card and will end up saying these ("You've been playing Super Mario Sunshine, haven't you?") and ("Oh, so you've played Super Smash Bros. Melee before.") It is funny that SSBM was mentioned in one of his games before he was in Brawl.

In the 3DS version of Snake Eater, All the Kerotans were replaced by Yoshi, If you get near to one of them they will make a sound that he make when sticking his tongue.

If you got all the Yoshi dolls you get this:

Yoshi rank

An optional radio call that have Para-Medic talking about that Yoshi was becoming very popular to the Soviet Union and this will happen if you call her upon discovering or shaking it. You can used the Fruit Camo unform to hear the Yoshi dolls which replaced the GA-KO Camo in the 3DS version of Snake Eater. the uniform is a reference to certain items that Yoshi can ingest in many Mario games such as Yoshi's Story.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Woo, been a while.
I'm going to be waiting to upgrade my PC for Phantom Pain, I feel like playing the PS3 version is actually negatively impacting my experience. I've waited years for this, I don't mind waiting a little longer.
As long as I'm not spoiled. ;~;
Welp. Time to catch up on this thread and check out any new news that's been discussed.
Edit: Finally roped one of my good friends on this site into trying metal gear. Brought him over and we blasted through a good chunk of the original Metal Gear Solid, just past that iconic Gray Fox boss. I'm kinda reluctant to admit he's doing better than I was when I first played it. =^=
He's been enjoying it, which I'm hyped for. Gosh, man, the story in that game is so great. Still stands up today so well. MGS was really a game ahead of its time, really pushing all it could out of the PS1. Cinematic camera angles, great story... It's truly amazing to me that the game seems like it isn't restricted at all by the PS1's graphics or hardware. Kojima, you mad genius.
If MGS5 marks the last Metal Gear game to be made, it'll be just about the first time I can say that one of my favorite franchises have ended without a single black mark on its record. I consider Metal Gear to basically be a perfect series, no blemishes. Even Rising isn't bad, although I'm not a huge fan of it.
He also brought over Back to the Future 2, which was pretty freakin' good. All these classic movies i've never seen before... What have I been missing.

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Remember guys, you only have 2 weeks to cast your votes and support him. I suggest all of you sending a letter or a email to Nintendo and Konami. Yea, I know I keep bringing this up it just that I want to let you guys know that this could strengthen and boost Snake's chance to return to Smash 4. Good luck! I hope you take my advice.

Oh! did you know that the voice actor of Pit and Dark Pit voice Chico Libre in MGSV Ground Zeroes and MGS Peace Walker?
Would be funny if Snake talk with Pit in Palutena's Guidance and having to fight 2 Pits.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I would dye happy if we will get an Ocelot costume for the Gunner. I mean, there already is a revolver for them...

Whenever it is over analysis or not, it'sa FACT THAT Snake is the only cut veteran who has been mentioned in any official material. Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link and Dr. Mario haven't got any reference in Brawl, and so Lucas (before he was revealed), Wolf , Ice Climbers ,Squirtle and Ivysaur. Snake, on the other hand, was label "from Brawl".

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I would dye happy if we will get an Ocelot costume for the Gunner. I mean, there already is a revolver for them...

Whenever it is over analysis or not, it'sa FACT THAT Snake is the only cut veteran who has been mentioned in any official material. Roy, Pichu, Mewtwo, Young Link and Dr. Mario haven't got any reference in Brawl, and so Lucas (before he was revealed), Wolf , Ice Climbers ,Squirtle and Ivysaur. Snake, on the other hand, was label "from Brawl".
I actually remember somebody asked Sakurai a question regarding Mewtwo (before DLC of course) and whether or not he'd be included in the game because of megaevolutions and X/Y relevance and I recall Sakurai saying "we are thinking about it". It aint no giveaway like that with Snake, but a little mention supposedly goes a long way.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Cool Guy 36 Cool Guy 36 Your enthusiasm is just too contagious. I caved and e-mailed Konami (which email did you use, by the way? want to make sure I got the right department...). I didn't ask about Snake for DLC, though. I feel like they wouldn't really answer that and I wouldn't even know how to phrase it. However, I did ask about porting MG games to Nintendo consoles. Since one of the common criticisms of Snake is "not Nintendo enough," having the series on Nintendo consoles would make that an irrelevant criticism. It would allow for Snake's return to promote the hypothetical port. Of course, they'd have to promote it instead of announcing a way cooler and better version later like they did to Snake Eater 3D, but that's a future concern.

The codecs thing bothered me too. It wasn't something like "remember the feature in Brawl where you could contact characters on certain stages?" No, they straight up mentioned Snake. Why would you do that. especially when the Snake codecs were better Just rub the salt in the wound a little deeper, why don'tcha.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
If the quote is anything to go buy, I guess this proves once again that Konami isn't out of the console business. I don't understand why so many people latched on to the idea that they stopped making console games. Btw, I'm not trying to blindly defend Konami, I just want to know the truth about this whole controversy.

I swear that all the controversy and misinformation about the "Konami Situation" could be written into a Metal Gear storyline...
http://throwingdigitalsheep.com/konami-exiting-triple-a-space/
Yeah that site mention a community manager at Konami Europe said the same thing.

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Cool Guy 36 Cool Guy 36 Your enthusiasm is just too contagious. I caved and e-mailed Konami (which email did you use, by the way? want to make sure I got the right department...). I didn't ask about Snake for DLC, though. I feel like they wouldn't really answer that and I wouldn't even know how to phrase it. However, I did ask about porting MG games to Nintendo consoles. Since one of the common criticisms of Snake is "not Nintendo enough," having the series on Nintendo consoles would make that an irrelevant criticism. It would allow for Snake's return to promote the hypothetical port. Of course, they'd have to promote it instead of announcing a way cooler and better version later like they did to Snake Eater 3D, but that's a future concern.

The codecs thing bothered me too. It wasn't something like "remember the feature in Brawl where you could contact characters on certain stages?" No, they straight up mentioned Snake. Why would you do that. especially when the Snake codecs were better Just rub the salt in the wound a little deeper, why don'tcha.
I use Yahoo E Mail. It is ok maybe they waiting until the 30th or the 3rd day of October to reveal him. Who know? Also a 8 player match with 8 Snakes would be crazy and fun. Every support count! Stay strong and optimistic my friend!

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
"I swear that all the controversy and misinformation about the "Konami Situation" could be written into a Metal Gear storyline..."

There is no Konami situation. Everything was planned years in advance. This was all a very long performance art piece by Kojima on the easily corruptible nature of information. What kind of reverse Warholian expedition...

True post-modern king :troll:

Cool Guy 36 Cool Guy 36 I mean to say where did you e-mail them? There was one like sales@konami.com (not exact) but that was on a page for corporate stuff so maybe that wasn't the best, woopsy

EDIT: “I hope re-purposing speculation and rumour as news isn’t the new standard.”
Oh my god, the shade. Su-Yina Farmer taking no prisoners. All this needs is some sassy emoji.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
"I swear that all the controversy and misinformation about the "Konami Situation" could be written into a Metal Gear storyline..."

There is no Konami situation. Everything was planned years in advance. This was all a very long performance art piece by Kojima on the easily corruptible nature of information. What kind of reverse Warholian expedition...

True post-modern king :troll:

Cool Guy 36 Cool Guy 36 I mean to say where did you e-mail them? There was one like sales@konami.com (not exact) but that was on a page for corporate stuff so maybe that wasn't the best, woopsy

EDIT: “I hope re-purposing speculation and rumour as news isn’t the new standard.”
Oh my god, the shade. Su-Yina Farmer taking no prisoners. All this needs is some sassy emoji.
Yeah, they have been wanting to into the mobile gaming market for quite a while now. So really, that is nothing new. At least they have told us in advanced about what they were going to do and just randomly. I don't see why this is such a huge deal. I mean Nintendo is starting to go into mobile and so is Sega. Companies are starting to go into the mobile gaming market and this is something to take notice. I don't see it as a bad thing, most of Japan is mostly going mobile why do you guys think consoles aren't as high over there now, as they were from past years. So really its not the companies fault that they want to go to mobile, they are now just realizing that Japan seems to prefer mobile games and are finally catering to them.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Honestly, this whole debacle with Konami is becoming a problem. It's become less me wanting to see Snake appear in smash, (Not saying I don't care anymore, but I'm worried more about Konami now) but now hoping MGS and the other franchises live on. I'm not even sure if they really are leaving the console market. Time will tell soon when we get an official announcement from them.

In brighter news, here's a video where someone replaced Quiet's model with Ocelot. It needs to be seen.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
When this thread started:

"We want Snake to return to Smash!"

This thread now:

"We want Snake to not completely disappear from gaming!"

Started from the top, now we here.

Brighter news, I'm updating the supporter list. I did this for Ice Climbers, too. I'm going backwards, I just finished page 181. This thread is long as *ahem*, so excuse the slow pace. I want it to be done before the ballot's done, though. 140 so far, but undoubtedly more. If you know someone not on this list who wants to be added, feel free to add them yourselves!

1. Scoliosis Jones
  2. LIQUID12A
  3. Swampasaur
  4. IsmaR
  5. HylianHeroBigBoss
  6. KumaOso
  7. cool mario bros
  8. JamesDNaux
  9. CaptainCrisb
  10. Johnknight1
  11. thethirdkoopa
  12. Smooth Criminal
  13. Fuzzy Pickles!
  14. Knux27
  15. LousyTactician
  16. TheFirstPoppyBro
  17. Ekans647
  18. THE_MAAFIA
  19. billys_dad
  20. Jawmuncher
  21. berserker.
  22. ManlySpirit
  23. Frostwraith
  24. NonSpecificGuy
  25. JackerX
  26. chuckthesmashlover
  27. MacDaddyNook
  28. Nonno Umby
  29. Moon Monkey
  30. Zajice
  31. Sewnic
  32. Xevious 1
  33. Fpgi
  34. Zyfoe
  35. Wintropy
  36. Twin Shot
  37. BluePikmin11
  38. Chromvoy
  39. MaskO'Gears
  40. Nat Perry
  41. Amiiboshiibo
  42. Royvolution Ream
  43. Tino
  44. True Blue Warrior
  45. PushDustIn
  46. smashtriforce77
  47. BoltDragon
  48. FEEHEELINGGS...Wo Wo Wo
  49. Liberation
  50. Get Low
  51. Hexen Knight
  52. BSP
  53. IhaveSonar
  54. Ralph Cecil
  55. GoldenYuiitusin
  56. Gothrax
  57. ---
  58. G~P
  59. Cool Guy 36
  60. Pallex
  61. LightheartedBum
  62. AnonymousMoon
  63. FeenieTheTrite
  64. Nintenzilla
  65. Fire Rider
  66. Strider_Bond00J
  67. Speedwagon
  68. RegiGiygas117
  69. CardiganBoy
  70. Davidius
  71. MSmariosonic
  72. Skyfox2000
  73. 9Blades
  74. Mc.Rad
  75. MorbidAltruism
  76. Jaster
  77. ~Krystal~
  78. Ffamran
  79. Ezequieleste
  80. Mario123311
  81. FreezeGuy64
  82. Zeldasmash
  83. Megadoomer
  84. Jamesster445
  85. Cloud_Dreamer
  86. xWolfiex
  87. TMNTSSB4
  88. Geno Boost
  89. UberPyro64
  90. WwwWario
  91. PrettyIvyPearls22
  92. Mario15
  93. Rie Sonomura
  94. KevN くコ:彡
  95. Altais
  96. FalKoopa
  97. Yoship
  98. Rebellious Treecko
  99. Shadenexus18
  100. Dr.Megaman
  101. RosaPeach
  102. Ayasato
  103. IanTheGamer
  104. SSBCandidates
  105. KeybladePony
  106. **Gilgamesh**
  107. Logo12
  108. Troykv
  109. Crocodile19
  110. GalacticPetey
  111. MainJPW
  112. Kenith TheGatherer
  113. zaiman12345
  114. Avokha00
  115. Rdg121193
  116. Guybrush20X6
  117. SMAASH! Puppy
  118. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  119. PF9
  120. Ikke471
  121. MrHashshashin
  122. Kirks21
  123. DekuSWEG
  124. Jakenomad2.0
  125. Pelias26
  126. MTTR.Akter
  127. Leprechaunlink727
  128. Megane-for-life
  129. SleuthMechanism
  130. Hero’s Shade
  131. HakuryuVision
  132. Blue_Sword_Edge
  133. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  134. Avokha00
  135. GaroMaster
  136. StormC
  137. TimidKitsune129
  138. IkeChromMarth
  139. O1DsLeNdYwHiTe
  140. Mightyno.M

Last edited:

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
When this thread started:

"We want Snake to return to Smash!"

This thread now:

"We want Snake to not completely disappear from gaming!"

Started from the top, now we here.

Brighter news, I'm updating the supporter list. I did this for Ice Climbers, too. I'm going backwards, I just finished page 181. This thread is long as *ahem*, so excuse the slow pace. I want it to be done before the ballot's done, though. 140 so far, but undoubtedly more. If you know someone not on this list who wants to be added, feel free to add them yourselves!

1. Scoliosis Jones
  2. LIQUID12A
  3. Swampasaur
  4. IsmaR
  5. HylianHeroBigBoss
  6. KumaOso
  7. cool mario bros
  8. JamesDNaux
  9. CaptainCrisb
  10. Johnknight1
  11. thethirdkoopa
  12. Smooth Criminal
  13. Fuzzy Pickles!
  14. Knux27
  15. LousyTactician
  16. TheFirstPoppyBro
  17. Ekans647
  18. THE_MAAFIA
  19. billys_dad
  20. Jawmuncher
  21. berserker.
  22. ManlySpirit
  23. Frostwraith
  24. NonSpecificGuy
  25. JackerX
  26. chuckthesmashlover
  27. MacDaddyNook
  28. Nonno Umby
  29. Moon Monkey
  30. Zajice
  31. Sewnic
  32. Xevious 1
  33. Fpgi
  34. Zyfoe
  35. Wintropy
  36. Twin Shot
  37. BluePikmin11
  38. Chromvoy
  39. MaskO'Gears
  40. Nat Perry
  41. Amiiboshiibo
  42. Royvolution Ream
  43. Tino
  44. True Blue Warrior
  45. PushDustIn
  46. smashtriforce77
  47. BoltDragon
  48. FEEHEELINGGS...Wo Wo Wo
  49. Liberation
  50. Get Low
  51. Hexen Knight
  52. BSP
  53. IhaveSonar
  54. Ralph Cecil
  55. GoldenYuiitusin
  56. Gothrax
  57. ---
  58. G~P
  59. Cool Guy 36
  60. Pallex
  61. LightheartedBum
  62. AnonymousMoon
  63. FeenieTheTrite
  64. Nintenzilla
  65. Fire Rider
  66. Strider_Bond00J
  67. Speedwagon
  68. RegiGiygas117
  69. CardiganBoy
  70. Davidius
  71. MSmariosonic
  72. Skyfox2000
  73. 9Blades
  74. Mc.Rad
  75. MorbidAltruism
  76. Jaster
  77. ~Krystal~
  78. Ffamran
  79. Ezequieleste
  80. Mario123311
  81. FreezeGuy64
  82. Zeldasmash
  83. Megadoomer
  84. Jamesster445
  85. Cloud_Dreamer
  86. xWolfiex
  87. TMNTSSB4
  88. Geno Boost
  89. UberPyro64
  90. WwwWario
  91. PrettyIvyPearls22
  92. Mario15
  93. Rie Sonomura
  94. KevN くコ:彡
  95. Altais
  96. FalKoopa
  97. Yoship
  98. Rebellious Treecko
  99. Shadenexus18
  100. Dr.Megaman
  101. RosaPeach
  102. Ayasato
  103. IanTheGamer
  104. SSBCandidates
  105. KeybladePony
  106. **Gilgamesh**
  107. Logo12
  108. Troykv
  109. Crocodile19
  110. GalacticPetey
  111. MainJPW
  112. Kenith TheGatherer
  113. zaiman12345
  114. Avokha00
  115. Rdg121193
  116. Guybrush20X6
  117. SMAASH! Puppy
  118. King Sonnn DeDeDoo
  119. PF9
  120. Ikke471
  121. MrHashshashin
  122. Kirks21
  123. DekuSWEG
  124. Jakenomad2.0
  125. Pelias26
  126. MTTR.Akter
  127. Leprechaunlink727
  128. Megane-for-life
  129. SleuthMechanism
  130. Hero’s Shade
  131. HakuryuVision
  132. Blue_Sword_edge
  133. Smashoperatingbuddy123
  134. Avokha00
  135. GaroMaster
  136. StormC
  137. TimidKitsune129
  138. IkeChromMarth
  139. O1DsLeNdYwHiTe
  140. Mightyno.M
I think Konami should let Solid Snake get back in one more time if they want continue on this path. At least they should give their video game IPs rights to someone who can take good care of them.

Minor nitpick, could you capitalize the E in edge. I think you added me in.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I think Konami should let Solid Snake get back in one more time if they want continue on this path. At least they should give their video game IPs rights to someone who can take good care of them.

Minor nitpick, could you capitalize the E in edge. I think you added me in.
Done.

Being that the Snake in Brawl had aspects of both Naked and Solid, and that his name was, in fact, just "Snake" on the character select screen, could our thread title be wrong...?

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
Done.

Being that the Snake in Brawl had aspects of both Naked and Solid, and that his name was, in fact, just "Snake" on the character select screen, could our thread title be wrong...?
Considering the codec supports in Brawl are Colonel Campbell, Otacon, and Mei Ling, I say it is Solid Snake. The design of both MGS2 Solid Snake & MGS3 Naked Snake were used. Snake is used for short hand, although the short hand has applied to others that used Snake as part of their codenames. If a Snake does get in, I hope they go for the full codename to clear this minor issue up.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Done.

Brawl Trophy Description:

"A former member of FOXHOUND with an IQ of 180 and mastery of six languages. He's an infiltration specialist whose ability to carry out missions under any conditions has made him a legend. He's saved the world three times from the threat of bipedal, nuclear-armed mechs called Metal Gear. Currently he's working with the anti-Metal Gear group known as Philanthropy.".

I would say that along with the Shadow Moses stage and the codec calls, Snake may share some traits from Naked Snake, but he's mostly Solid Snake.

Though this probably wouldn't happen, it would be funny if the 3DS version gets Groznyj Grad as a stage with Codec calls from Major Zero, Paramedic, and Sigint. While the Wii U version keeps Shadow Moses Island with the codec calls from Campbell, Otacon, and Mei Ling. Throw in more Naked Snake alts, and the debate on which Snake is in Smash 4 would truly begin!

Last edited:
Top Bottom