• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Did anyone except MGSV's ending...like...at all?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Too bad they cut that content from TPP. Apparently it was important to the game, which makes it worse.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Too bad they cut that content from TPP. Apparently it was important to the game, which makes it worse.
Remember when The Phantom Pain was revealed? Warning: Blood.

For those of you who played through the game or know about the ending for whatever reason or even for those of you who like puzzles, read the words that flash on screen. They are: "What happened?", "Where am I?", "Why can't I move my body?", "Am I in a dream?", "Is this real?", "Something is coming!", "What is going on?", "Do they want me dead?", "What are they after?", "Do they want us all dead?", "Why is this happening to me?", "No escape?", "Have I gone to Hell?", "Open your eyes.", and "Open your eyes, already."

Hideo Kojima told us the entire story with just that trailer. He hinted to everything including a special someone or rather, special someones, but people overlooked it trying to figure out that it was Metal Gear Solid V. As a hint: put yourself in that situation where after waking up from a coma, probably been drugged for surgery and such, you're delirious, and people are trying to kill you. Someone who was aware even after waking up after "quite some time" wouldn't be freaking out like this. They would, but in a controlled matter. Those words wouldn't be thought of by someone else. Specifically: "Why is this happening to me?"

Oh, and Hideo Kojima making a horror game... Hopefully he can make one in the future. The hospital was one of the chilliest moments and there weren't even jump scares or things like grotesque monsters. It was just pure atmosphere and the sense of helplessness as you're in control of a person whose muscles have atrophied severely.

Last edited:

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
I guarantee that if this were any other fanbase, they'd be freaking out over Snake bing in Smash. In a positive way. Nintendo fanboys can be the worst in that every other company or person owes Nintendo this or that.

I'd say it's a good thing that Snake is just behind Wolf in that poll. Based on different sources of information, it seems Snake is easily Top 10 in the ballot, if not closer to Top 5. Frankly, I would agrue the only potential characters beating him currently are K.Rool, Wolf, maybe Isaac (Japan brings him down a wee bit) and well...potentially Shovel Knight. He's in a good spot for sure.
I wouldn't really worry about Shovel Knight. From what I understand about the Amiibo appearantly YachtClubGames was the one who asked for the Amiibo, not really Nintendo themselves. It was their idea, not Nintendo. So, if Nintendo didn't ask for it, kinda makes me wonder did Sega, Capcom, and Bandai have to ask for having an Amiibo for their characters or did Nintendo already planned for those? It makes me want to say the latter because again YachtClub asked for it, not really Nintendo themselves, to be honest I don't think Nintendo really cares that much about the indie crowd of they did, I think they would've done the older Indie characters first befor e the newer ones like Commander Video and Shantae. It goes to show if they still have to go to them, it just means they are still not that noticeable enough towards Nintendo.

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Ugh I had a dream,
I was playing a samus ditto with my friend and all off a sudden we both died at the same time, then when it showed the win screen, instead of samus it showed "Snake" with His character portrait at the bottom of the screen, and on the top screen a giant mess of colors and textures making the game crash, I legit thought this was real and took so many pics, then I tried it again and this time Snake did his win animation with out crashing but the announcer called out "Samus".
I was hype af and couldnt wait to show you guys until I woke up :(

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Goddamn Phantom Pain is amazing.

I would love for Solid Snake in Smash to have both Big Boss in his Ground Zeroes appearance and
Venom Snake in his Phantom Pain appearance
as costumes.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Goddamn Phantom Pain is amazing.

I would love for Solid Snake in Smash to have both Big Boss in his Ground Zeroes appearance and
Venom Snake in his Phantom Pain appearance
as costumes.
That'd be sick but we barely get any costumes for anyone. We'd be lucky if we got any big boss alt.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'm putting this here before I lose it again.

Back in like 2006-2007, Sakurai mentioned what were the requirements for a 3rd party character to show up. With all the hullaballoo over whether Snake has "strong ties" to Nintendo or whether that's even relevant, I've been hunting down this thing for a long time. It turns out it was originally in Japanese, which is why I couldn't find the actual post. But I did find a translation from Neoseeker, which gave me what I wanted:

#31-40: Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters. Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before. And to literally translate the last sentence (keep in mind this is in reference to the characters from other companies): "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"
I remember the phrase "originate from a video game" being tossed around, and Google showed that a lot of people in that time period were using that exact phrasing, but I couldn't find links to a translation that had that phrasing. I'm guessing someone translated Sakurai's journal and took the "no manga" thing to mean "must originate from video game," and that phrasing, incredibly enough, stuck, long after the original post disappeared.

From Sourcegaming, Sakurai said listed the reasons James Bond couldn't make it: "Can’t have realistic guns in the game. Can’t use the actor’s likeness. Since the game is originally based on a movie, the copyright won’t go through. Lastly, it’s owned by Rare."

From Sakurai's mouth, things prohibiting fighters from joining: you can't come from a movie, manga, anime, you can't be based off a real person, you can't use realistic guns, and you must have starred in a Nintendo game before. And you can't be owned by Rare; everyone else is fair game, though :troll:

I don't see nuttin' about strong ties with Nintendo or "fitting in." :secretkpop:
jelly of you people with your new MGS games

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Snake was no doubt the most fun character in Brawl to me. I had, and still have, never played a MGS game, but I still loved his character, personality, and moveset. I mean, he had grenades as his Standard Special, a remote rocket for Side special, a friggin' C4 remote detonated bomb for his Down Special, Rocket Launcher as his Up Smash, Mine as his Down Smash... this guy was SO fun. We NEED Snake back!

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Nothing was better than geting a C4 on someone at a high percentage. At that point they usually didn't notice and you know you had it in the bag.

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
So this about Shovel Knight is posted through SourceGaming: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/08/29/2141/

To be honest I agree with all of it. It pretty much goes as to why I am also against Indie characters being in Smash. I do think people do overlook his chances, and would more than likely would be disappointed if he doesn't end up as DLC. I never thought of him or any other Indie being that incredibly likely to begin with and just because Nintendo somewhat support the Indie scene doesn't mean they'll put a character just like that in Smash. Sure, you can say the ballot considers any video game character but do you really think their still going to put in any ol' body, especially when it comes to third party and look at who we already have as guest fighters in the games now? Say what you want about any of third party franchises thats in the game now, but you cannot deny that they all have a big enough legacy to back themselves up with. While most of the Indie characters either has one game, games that were ported, or games that were successful but barely got much attention.

I in all honesty if they want other big third party additions I say just do Snake and Rayman and call it a day, I'd be happy with just these two as third parties one veteran and the other being a newcomer without someone already being represented in the game, Capcom!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So in the "I Don't have TPP, what do I do" mindset, I decided to do a Extreme/Dont Get Seen run of Snake Eater...Really adds a new level of gameplay to it, actually having to sneak around in a stealth game
:happysheep:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So in the "I Don't have TPP, what do I do" mindset, I decided to do a Extreme/Dont Get Seen run of Snake Eater...Really adds a new level of gameplay to it, actually having to sneak around in a stealth game
:happysheep:
While i've been waiting for my computer, I've been doing no-kill, no-save runs of Metal Gear games. I completed MGS2 doing that a few weeks ago, and I actually just finished that in MGS3D a few days ago. I was going to play through Portable Ops and Peace Walker next so I can play through the Big Boss titles before I get TPP, but I just found myself a copy of the Resident Evil REmake on the Wii, so that will probably keep me busy until TPP.

Also, kind of random, but I was looking through some old flashdrives and I found one of my old highschool multimedia projects. The task was to make advertisements for something, so I made some movie-ish posters of MGS3
upload_2015-9-7_20-44-16.png
I also made a really stupid commercial for it in Flash, but unfortunately I can't seem to access it anymore.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello Guys, I have been inactive for about 3 weeks. Have I missed anything big? I also bought the Phantom Pain yesterday and I am enjoying every moment of it!

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Kojima said they didn't ask him about Snake being in the game, maybe with all the Konami troubles - Nintendo simply asked Konami instead...which wouldn't be him obviously.

Kojima seemed to know this was happening at least when Zeroes was released.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Kojima said they didn't ask him about Snake being in the game, maybe with all the Konami troubles - Nintendo simply asked Konami instead...which wouldn't be him obviously.

Kojima seemed to know this was happening at least when Zeroes was released.
When did he say this?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
Snake was one of my favorite characters in Brawl, and once I found out about him through that game, I checked out the story lines to his own games and discovered that he's a very cool character, needless to say, Snake should return.

FreezeGuy64

Smash Cadet
Oh yeah i forgot that Kojima wants Snake to return to Smash 4, but it's weird that he didn't go and asked Nintendo or Sakurai

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Oh yeah i forgot that Kojima wants Snake to return to Smash 4, but it's weird that he didn't go and asked Nintendo or Sakurai
There might've been a snag with negotiations with Konami along the way, so they never made it to him yet. That's assuming they have to get the ok from Konami, due to owning the character, first to get the permission.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So because I don't have TTP, I bought MGS4 instead. I wasn't planning on it, but it was only $10. It was a great bargain, so I'm going to play it after I finish TTS, which I'm nearly done. Also I like the new Thread name change.

Also can anyone resize "The Illusion" by Quas-Quas to fit as an avatar? I don't know how and probably lack the technology to do so.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
So because I don't have TTP, I bought MGS4 instead. I wasn't planning on it, but it was only $10. It was a great bargain, so I'm going to play it after I finish TTS, which I'm nearly done. Also I like the new Thread name change.

Also can anyone resize "The Illusion" by Quas-Quas to fit as an avatar? I don't know how and probably lack the technology to do so.
Don'the do that. Play MGS4 only after MGS2 and MGS3. You will probably not understand anything without them.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Is there a campaign to get MGS2 as a VC title or something? We've got MGS1+3 on Nintendo consoles, and MGS2 is old enough that I don't think it'll be stealing attention away from Sony or whatever. Not even asking for extra features, just a straight port, minimum effort.

It'd be nice to eventually have all the MGS titles available on Nintendo consoles. Plus it would undoubtedly help Snake in future Smash installments, eh?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Is there a campaign to get MGS2 as a VC title or something? We've got MGS1+3 on Nintendo consoles, and MGS2 is old enough that I don't think it'll be stealing attention away from Sony or whatever. Not even asking for extra features, just a straight port, minimum effort.

It'd be nice to eventually have all the MGS titles available on Nintendo consoles. Plus it would undoubtedly help Snake in future Smash installments, eh?
Apparently Konami was thinking of porting MGS2 to the 3DS along with MGS3. What ever happened to that idea, I'm not sure. Along with that, having MGSV on the NX would be fantastic and I hope that that might happen.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
So is it Konami that we have to worry about here or is it Kojima, or both?
Kojima said Sakurai never approached him about using Snake in 4. He then said, during the interview, something like "Sakurai, please use Snake."
FreezeGuy64 thinks that'd odd because Kojima asking was what got Snake in Smash in the first place.
Konami is a problem because they're a wild card and seem to have a grudge against Kojima. Simultaneously, they're in harsh economic straits, so they need money.
So Snake may or may not have ever been planned to be in Smash 4. In any case, Sakurai never asked Kojima about it. This could mean negotiations with Konami failed, so no point in asking Kojima. It could also mean Sakurai simply never thought about it, because why wouldn't he ask his pal first?

Being a Snake supporter is full of so many confusions. Wolf fans have it easy.

@ Oasis Dealer Oasis Dealer : "Apparently Konami was thinking of porting MGS2 to the 3DS along with MGS3. What ever happened to that idea, I'm not sure. Along with that, having MGSV on the NX would be fantastic and I hope that that might happen."

I am quietly sobbing now because that would have been beautiful. I actually really like using the touch screen to control the menu and look at the map and stuff. It feels really natural and, personally, I think it's more organized than how I've seen the menu look in the HD collection.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Ah boy... This is somewhat of a touchy subject.

Now, When I saw Snake in Brawl my first impression was "who is this guy?". He wasn't a Nintendo character I heard of or anything. Then again Sonic came and I thought it was really cool. But I also looked into Snake, despite me never really playing Metal Gear I found him kinda cool and rather fun to play as. I did think he looked odd around characters like Mario, Luigi.... He fits in with Samus/ZZS and other "realistic" ones though.

So do I want him back in 4? I personally would not have anything against it, but with Mega Man and Pac-Man: I feel Konami needs to fit in an actual mascot such as Bomberman personally. Not that I hate Snake but with what Konami has done to Hudson and all, I'm kinda polarized on what to think. Bomberman was an icon just as much as Earthworm Jim and Sonic were. Again, I really don't mind Snake comming back, but I'd personally have Bomberman more IMO. If Konami can add 2 reps though.... Then add both, please.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Top Bottom