• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I thought of something.

E3 2013: Third-party Mega Man revealed

E3 2014: Third-party Pac-Man revealed

E3 2015: Possible third party Snake reveal?

This is straw grasping more than anything, but I do believe it plausible.
It's really either him (since 3rd party tradition, unless some other 3rd party happens) or Wolf (since Star Fox U is 100% getting a trailer at E3) in my mind, though maybe there's a chance for both since E3 is a perfect time to reveal dlc. Still, if its ballot votes that convince them to bring back Snake I doubt he would be ready in time for a trailer, maybe a slight glimpse like Mewtwo.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I thought of something.

E3 2013: Third-party Mega Man revealed

E3 2014: Third-party Pac-Man revealed

E3 2015: Possible third party Snake reveal?

This is straw grasping more than anything, but I do believe it plausible.
Only problem with this is that Ryu is probably our E3 third party reveal.

I don't think Snake is preballot DLC, since there would be no real reason to keep him out of the game if that was the case. His best chance is the ballot... so keep voting guys.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Only problem with this is that Ryu is probably our E3 third party reveal.

I don't think Snake is preballot DLC, since there would be no real reason to keep him out of the game if that was the case. His best chance is the ballot... so keep voting guys.
Ryu is certainly likely, yes, but nothing is set in stone yet, so I have some small hope for Snake.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I voted Snake. With the removal of DACUS, I think he'd also be a more fair character.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Well, seeing as their were 5 placeholder files in the games coding, I don't think it's out of the question that Snake could be one of those character. One of those spots belong to Lucas, another two for Ryu and Roy, another for Wolf most likely, and then theirs the last spot. Seeing as the character is very popular in the fanbase and that Konami is willing to work with Nintendo in putting Snake in the game (they re-tweeted a support message for Snake), I don't see why Snake can't be in the game. If it's not Snake, then I can easily see the IC's revealed at E3 seeing as they were pretty much done on the Wii U so their development time would be shorter (granted theirs a solution to their problem). At worst, I don't see why Snake can't just be a Ballot character. I want to see him in the game over all the other 3rd party characters that have been suggested because IMO, they feel underwhelming or just shouldn't be in the game.

Besides, I want to see :4mewtwo::4lucas::wolf::roypm::popo::snake:all return to the series. That would really make the game that much better.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I beat deus ex a while ago. I noticed that JC's voice gravely like snake's. Both got greats stories and are stealth games(unless you went rambo like me in deus ex). If you haven't played it, it would be a great game to keep you busy while you wait for mgs5.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So, how would we go about celebrating Snake's return if he was announced at E3?

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
By running around my neighborhood without a shirt screaming SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Aside from general excitement, it would give me a reason to replay Snake Eater (or play through the original Metal Gear games, since I haven't done that yet).

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
I beat deus ex a while ago. I noticed that JC's voice gravely like snake's. Both got greats stories and are stealth games(unless you went rambo like me in deus ex). If you haven't played it, it would be a great game to keep you busy while you wait for mgs5.
Deus Ex is awesome. One of my favorite games of all time (despite the hokey voice acting).

By watching Snake win his DEATH BATTLE.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
By changing all my profile pictures in all my social with an happy snake face, like this:
image.jpg

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
By kicking ass with my main Rosalina and telling myself "Snake's back *******!" and change my avatar with her and him in it.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I would promptly play nothing but Snake the moment he was released until my play count with him goes above Ness.

Gee, that's almost 200 straight matches.

D

Deleted member

Gonna mention a couple things again

1. Costumes!!!

If Characters got new costumes through DLC, and Snake is around for it, whaddya think he should have? Over time he's gotten one of the coolest selection of stealth outfits!

2. Stage!!
The Metal Gear series takes place at ALOT of locations. :shadowmoses: returning could happen, but i think there should be another stage where players can get spotted by a spotlight, varying weather, Access to Codec Calls ( Snake forgets these characters from all that time, and he calls to remember them. Or calls to get info on newcomers! ), Visiting Metal Gear ( This time however they can interrupt the battle with attacks ) and what not. Perhaps something new, because there is always something wild with the game series. Or is that about it?!

3. Assist Trophy!

Gray Fox as we all know, filled the role. Who's next?

4. Fun with Guns?

This is far fetched, but how would Snake work if he had access to some fine weaponry? It would give the game a T rating, but i think it would be a fine sacrifice!

Don't mind how weird i sound, I don't know a whole lot about Metal Gear but :snake: is a very cool dude. Kinda weird how i let Smash Bros do the introducing of characters to me, such as Shulk...
Oh and someone MAY MAY MAY have discussed all of these, but i'm too lazy to bury into the thread for them.

But i do know about Nanomachines, son!

Last edited by a moderator:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Snake is fine without guns IMO. The tranquilizer was a nice addition to PM Snake, but I can live without it.

D

Deleted member

The Nikita was just another :4samus: Side-B. Try getting something new???

Last edited by a moderator:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I actually like the Nikita better than Samus' missiles. I'm just saying.

Last edited:

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Gonna mention a couple things again

1. Costumes!!!

If Characters got new costumes through DLC, and Snake is around for it, whaddya think he should have? Over time he's gotten one of the coolest selection of stealth outfits!

2. Stage!!
The Metal Gear series takes place at ALOT of locations. :shadowmoses: returning could happen, but i think there should be another stage where players can get spotted by a spotlight, varying weather, Access to Codec Calls ( Snake forgets these characters from all that time, and he calls to remember them. Or calls to get info on newcomers! ), Visiting Metal Gear ( This time however they can interrupt the battle with attacks ) and what not. Perhaps something new, because there is always something wild with the game series. Or is that about it?!

3. Assist Trophy!

Gray Fox as we all know, filled the role. Who's next?

4. Fun with Guns?

This is far fetched, but how would Snake work if he had access to some fine weaponry? It would give the game a T rating, but i think it would be a fine sacrifice!

Don't mind how weird i sound, I don't know a whole lot about Metal Gear but :snake: is a very cool dude. Kinda weird how i let Smash Bros do the introducing of characters to me, such as Shulk...
Oh and someone MAY MAY MAY have discussed all of these, but i'm too lazy to bury into the thread for them.

But i do know about Nanomachines, son!
I don't think Nintendo will give Snake a gun, they didn't do it in Brawl, they wouldn't do for Smash 4. As for costumes, it would be cool if they gave him an alt for Naked Snake, and maybe even Old Snake. (Although I doubt they'd do the latter, as MGS4 never was on Nintendo.) For stages, I'm fine with SMI returning. I'd love to see it in Omega form!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The Nikita was just another :4samus: Side-B. Try getting something new???
WAT?!?!
They aren't even similar! Samus missiles goes straight foward for a little time, then it explods, and she can move and attack when it is moving.
Snake's Nikita is fully controllable, he can't move while he is perfoming it and it doesn't explode unless it hit an enemy or the floor (while Samus' missiles can explode in mid-air).

Lastly, Nikita is one of (if not the) most reconaziable and iconic Metal Gear weapon.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Snake never lost any hope.

Konami screwing themselves over doesn't mean they can't license off the rights to use Snake to Nintendo.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I always imagined that Nintendo is the only one keeping Snake out of Smash at this point, and that Konami's response to Nintendo requesting him would be a more professional way of saying "Sure go ahead. Not like we're ever going to use him anyway lol". :laugh:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's reassuring to hear from Konami themselves, at least.

Still maintaining that small glimmer of hope for E3.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Nintendo suddenly deciding that they want Snake nowhere near Smash after already agreeing to it the first time and it being overall successful makes even less sense than Konami apparently not being able to let them use Snake after going mobile.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
So I'm sure about you guys have been over this again and again...but do you think the game's current rating (E-10+) had an influence on Nintendo's decision to cut Snake? If I remember correctly, apparently having realistic firearms would give the game a Teen rating (which is really dumb, but you know, the ESRB), which Snake technically does have.

At first glance it seems like this would be the case, but I don't know. It seems more like Nintendo just thought he wasn't worth the trouble, but even if he has realistic explosives, they seem less so when they don't kill people.

Top Bottom