• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I obviously support, so add me BROTHAAAA!

Also - Grey Fox was in Konami Crazy Racers for Gameboy!

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
The thing I really like about PM Snake was the fact that he was a bit lighter and faster than in Brawl, which to me made him feel closer to how he plays in one of his own games. His tranq gun is also a lot of fun to use, much more useful than the Nikita (in my opinion). I would love to see a tranq gun replacing the Nikita if Snake returned as DLC, but it probably couldn't happen since it looks like a realistic handgun.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A How do I determine who is a supporter? Do I only count people who have directly stated they support Snake, or people who voiced a positive opinion, such as wanting Snake back? For the people who haven't directly stated their support, whould you like me to message them?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A How do I determine who is a supporter? Do I only count people who have directly stated they support Snake, or people who voiced a positive opinion, such as wanting Snake back? For the people who haven't directly stated their support, whould you like me to message them?
When I tallied up the supporters for the Rayman and Banjo threads, I just added whoever was positive to their inclusion.

I'd really only just avoid neutral "I wouldn't mind Snake" "It doesn't bother me" "he was in Brawl so whatever" etc.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
When I tallied up the supporters for the Rayman and Banjo threads, I just added whoever was positive to their inclusion.

I'd really only just avoid neutral "I wouldn't mind Snake" "It doesn't bother me" "he was in Brawl so whatever" etc.
Alright. I'll list people who has stated they wanted Snake to return. I can even quote their post as well. Sound good?

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
The thing I really like about PM Snake was the fact that he was a bit lighter and faster than in Brawl, which to me made him feel closer to how he plays in one of his own games. His tranq gun is also a lot of fun to use, much more useful than the Nikita (in my opinion). I would love to see a tranq gun replacing the Nikita if Snake returned as DLC, but it probably couldn't happen since it looks like a realistic handgun.
I would love to learn PM Snake, but I still need a Brawl main since all of my other Brawl characters were buffed from Brawl to 4.

Fpgi

Smash Rookie
I am a Snake supporter too!!!! Waiting his return since the anouncement of Smash 4!! You can count on me to help!! I m not so active here, but i enter everyday to accompany this post!! I am most active for Snake dlc campaign in my twitter account fpgi_mgo!!!

i am an old MGS fan!!! I want others characters for Smash bros too and i m not against any particular character!
BUT Snake for smash is my TOP first priority!! Let him in first... then i can talk about others characters! =)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Thanks for putting me on the list, glad I didn't have to ask. Never felt so positive about his chances till now!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I also think that it should be just "Snake". We don't want to lose Big Boss fans, right?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Really, if they can take the nitty gritty Twilight Princess Ganon and make him into the silly cartoon he is in Smash 4, Snake should be easy.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Should it even be Solid Snake? We have discussed multiple times that this Snake is a mixture of both Solid and Big Boss.
While this is true, remember that this is still Solid Snake, even with the composite character theme; the codecs and Classic trophy made it clear that this was Solid Snake and not Big Boss. I'm open to Big Boss taking Snake's place as DLC, but as it stands, Solid Snake was the one introduced for Brawl. Not to mention that "Snake" is rather generic a name; even though we know who we're asking for, there's could always be confusion with that one guy(probably some kid from Miiverse or something, idk) who thinks we're petitioning for, say, Snake from The Simpsons or Snake from The Powerpuff Girls. The fact that we're asking for Solid Snake avoids any sort of confusion.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I usually just go with snake, its all encompassing and even with the ballot nintendo will understand who we mean once you write in metal gear solid. Images help a great deal as well to drive the point home, so i try to have a visual any time i can.

D

Deleted member

Has Snake's custom moves been discussed yet here? I came up with some myself but they're kinda funky. Like, 1st neutral special would be a big, powerful grenade but one can be in play at once and it takes a small while before you can use them after it goes boom. And 2nd custom would be weaker grenades but you could have 4 in play at once, turning the whole field into a booby-trapped area, especially with C4s or dsmash land mines.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Has Snake's custom moves been discussed yet here? I came up with some myself but they're kinda funky. Like, 1st neutral special would be a big, powerful grenade but one can be in play at once and it takes a small while before you can use them after it goes boom. And 2nd custom would be weaker grenades but you could have 4 in play at once, turning the whole field into a booby-trapped area, especially with C4s or dsmash land mines.
If Mewtwo is any indication, DLC characters won't get customs.

Maybe it only applies to veterans, but I doubt that anyone else will get them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Mewtwo is any indication, DLC characters won't get customs.

Maybe it only applies to veterans, but I doubt that anyone else will get them.
DO'H, i forgot that DLCs cant have customs. Although its nice to think WHAT they could be though.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Do you guys think Snake will be buffed or nerfed overall? Snake will almost certainly lose his disjoint, high and top tier characters were buffed from Brawl to Sm4sh? I could see this going either way, most likely a need to his CQC, but a buff to his explosives range and KO power.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's up in the air. As long as he can effectively get out all his explosives, he could very well be high tier just from insane stage control. The rest comes down to what they do with his weight. Brawl, he got juggled forever but never died because he was overly heavy for some reason. If that quality stays, it could be a double edged sword from combos now existing. If they make him lighter, he better be faster to compensate, or that could really hurt him.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
I just typed out an entire list of customs for Snake, fully knowing that DLC fighters won't most likely have customs, that I have had in my mind for the last few weeks. When trying to copy everything, I instead pressed Control V on my keyboard instead of Control C, replacing my post with a link.
(sigh)

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
It's up in the air. As long as he can effectively get out all his explosives, he could very well be high tier just from insane stage control. The rest comes down to what they do with his weight. Brawl, he got juggled forever but never died because he was overly heavy for some reason. If that quality stays, it could be a double edged sword from combos now existing. If they make him lighter, he better be faster to compensate, or that could really hurt him.
the reason for Snake's disjoint and abnormally high weight are that he was originally planned to be much bigger, around the size of DK or DDD. They scaled Snake down later, but forgot to adjust his hitboxes and weight to match.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You all forget why Snake is so heavy.

He's Mr. Utility Belt.

And besides, an RPG, a Nikita, loads of grenades, landmines and a Cypher can't be light. :p

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
In Project M, they made Snake weigh as much as Link for that reason.
I hope Snake weighs the same as Link in Smash 4, then, if he is ever added. Sakurai, we are tired of waiting!

I thought about what Snake's customs could be before we found out that DLC fighters most likely won't get Custom Moves. Here is what I came up with.(This took me over a half an hour to retype after accidentally deleting it last night.)

Neutral Special 2:

Stun Grenade: A grenade with a paralyzing property, similar to Zero Suit Samus' Paralyzer. Deals little to no damage and has a longer throwing range as a normal grenade.

Neutral Special 3:

White Phosphorous Grenade: A grenade with fire properties, allowing for multi hit damage.Imagine PK Fire or Robin's Arcfire, but after the grenade explodes. Has a smaller throwing range than a normal grenade.

Up Special 2:

Enhanced Cypher: A version of Snake’s Cypher that has “armor” allowing Snake to take 15% damage instead of Brawl’s 7% before falling off. Travels a shorter distance than a normal Cypher.

Up Special 3:

Fulton Recovery Balloon: Snake pulls out a Fulton like in Peace Walker. This travels much faster than a Regular Cypher, but can only go upwards.

Side Special 2:

Stinger Missile: Has the option to lock on to an enemy if Side B is held for a moment. Lock-On Ability similar to Sonic’s Homing Attack. Attack can also be fired without locking on if buttons Side B is pressed, then immediately released. Has more power than a Nikita.

Side Special 3:

Carl Gustav Fulton Missile: Same lock on properties as the Stinger Missile. Instead of dealing damage, a fulton balloon appears above the target if hit by the missile. This balloon acts exactly like the Beatle item in Smash 4, but is slightly harder to break free from because the balloon can also be popped. If someone is KO'ed from this attack, Kaz says "Target Confirmed Onboard Helicopter."

Down Special 2:

Support Strike Marker: This Peace Walker item works slightly differently from Snake’s usual C4. Snake sets it just like he would a C4, but instead of one immediate explosion, there is a brief delay and then 3 consecutive explosions. Also features Kaz confirming the strike instead of Snake’s “Now”.

Down Special 3:

Support Supply Marker: This Peace Walker item works slightly differently from Snake’s usual C4. Snake sets it just like he would a C4, but instead of an explosion, food comes from the supply marker. This can only be used once every minute, but has a long startup time. If attacked while attempting to plant this marker, the one minute rule will not apply. The marker will also explode after 45 seconds if not manually detonated. Also features Kaz confirming the strike instead of Snake’s “Now”.

Examples: Snake plants marker, explodes it, food appears, can’t use the attack for another minute.

Snake plants marker, doesn’t detonate it, 45 seconds later, the explosion takes place, food appears. Minute rule kicks into effect.

Snake is planting the marker, is attacked. He is free to attempt to plant the marker again without the minute rule being in play.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I forgot about this funny story from last Wednesday.

So I stayed after school to contribute to some project a few classmates were doing. It involved, in layman' terms: "getting off your ass every afternoon and doing something fun". One of the activities was video gaming. And it just so happened by coincidence that there was a Wii. And Brawl. I happily stayed, bringing my Wiimote and Wired Fight Pad(real nice, btw). There were a few others from middle school really into Smash. So we played a lot of free for alls, and every time(except twice with :marth:) I picked Snake. Now, I hadn't played Brawl in YEARS before this, and yet, I still managed to win every match. I even got to pick Shadow Moses once, and through sheer luck, managed to activate a Codec for Samus, leaving everyone confused and me laughing.

When everyone got fed up(in a friendly way) with me winning, there was a new catch.

3vs1. A team of :link:, :samus: and :metaknight: vs my Snake, on a stage decided at random, with items on. Ended up being Frigate Orpheon. After long minutes of fighting, item usage and about three uses of Snake's Final Smash(with loads of salt every time I stole it from someone), I eventually reached a 1v1 against Meta Knight. Even with a massive % disadvantage, I pulled through and killed the Meta Knight with a Fair kick. There was much surprise that I managed to kick the rears of three others with just Snake.

It was fun.

"You're the toughest, craziest, most hardcore badass on the planet! You're...the ****!" -Otacon, MGS4, Act 4.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

So I stayed after school to contribute to some project a few classmates were doing. It involved, in layman' terms: "getting off your *** every afternoon and doing something fun". One of the activities was video gaming. And it just so happened by coincidence that there was a Wii. And Brawl. I happily stayed, bringing my Wiimote and Wired Fight Pad(real nice, btw). There were a few others from middle school really into Smash. So we played a lot of free for alls, and every time(except twice with :marth:) I picked Snake. Now, I hadn't played Brawl in YEARS before this, and yet, I still managed to win every match. I even got to pick Shadow Moses once, and through sheer luck, managed to activate a Codec for Samus, leaving everyone confused and me laughing.

When everyone got fed up(in a friendly way) with me winning, there was a new catch.

3vs1. A team of :link:, :samus: and :metaknight: vs my Snake, on a stage decided at random, with items on. Ended up being Frigate Orpheon. After long minutes of fighting, item usage and about three uses of Snake's Final Smash(with loads of salt every time I stole it from someone), I eventually reached a 1v1 against Meta Knight. Even with a massive % disadvantage, I pulled through and killed the Meta Knight with a Fair kick. There was much surprise that I managed to kick the rears of three others with just Snake.

It was fun.

"You're the toughest, craziest, most hardcore badass on the planet! You're...the ****!" -Otacon, MGS4, Act 4.
Awesome story man. I love how smash creates moments like this. All the more reason to hope for Snake's return; more moments, more memories.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

So I stayed after school to contribute to some project a few classmates were doing. It involved, in layman' terms: "getting off your *** every afternoon and doing something fun". One of the activities was video gaming. And it just so happened by coincidence that there was a Wii. And Brawl. I happily stayed, bringing my Wiimote and Wired Fight Pad(real nice, btw). There were a few others from middle school really into Smash. So we played a lot of free for alls, and every time(except twice with :marth:) I picked Snake. Now, I hadn't played Brawl in YEARS before this, and yet, I still managed to win every match. I even got to pick Shadow Moses once, and through sheer luck, managed to activate a Codec for Samus, leaving everyone confused and me laughing.

It was fun.

Did they all try changing to snake thinking that they'll win?

Knux27

Smash Journeyman

It was fun.

Over Valentines Day weekend, I was supposed to play Smash Wii U with some friends. We weren't able to do that, he wasn't able to bring his Wii U and copy of Smash 4 at the last second. I instead ended up grabbing my Wii, Brawl, copy of Melee with Memory Card, and latest version of PM that I had. My friends insisted on playing Brawl, and I won almost every match, as Snake. It was after that night that I changed my Brawl Main from Link to Snake because I can not willingly play Brawl Link any more after playing PM and Smash 4 Link. I also played 1 battle each as Sonic and Captain Falcon, mainly because I was challenged to do so. Someone asked me to Show Them My Moves, and someone else said I was too slow. Only match I lost was when I went back to a secondary I haven't used in 3 years and wasn't as good as I remembered, still made it to last stock though.

I also had a battle with Meta Knight, actually on Shadow Moses Island, came back just like you to secure the win. Didn't however nail the taunt, I tried to do that for over 2 minutes. :(

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I think my best Snake story was when I did a 1 v 1 against a friend of mine awhile back. It was on Final Destination, and we had items because we didn't really care that much.

So we started fighting it out and we both had 3 stocks. We were both Snake...my friends hated playing me because I hardly ever lost to anybody.

He didn't hit me once. I had 0% THE ENTIRE MATCH.

I still have the video. I'll have to see if I can upload it somewhere.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
My best Snake story also happens to be when I first picked him up. A few years back I was invited to a friend's birthday. He always held a Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament every year for his birthday. There was this one kid, about 15 years old, who came last year who just barely beat me with Snake and I was hungry for vengeance.

I knew I couldn't risk exposing myself by playing offensively but I also couldn't be passive, otherwise he would control the match. I started searching for a new main that would fulfill these criteria. It was then that I discovered Snake. It was such an exciting moment for me since I never felt so good playing a character. Snake was able to pressure the opponent and have control while also keeping himself safe. It was at this moment I knew Snake was going to be my new main.

The tournament was only month away and I wanted to win. So I started training hard, looking around the internet for guides and competitive videos. I soon came across a technique called DACUS, which I saw was used frequently by many Snake players, yet not my rival. I realized that this was what was going to give me the edge. I practiced DACUS until the tournament came around.

When I arrived, I was ecstatic to see my rival was also there. Luck would have it that I met him in the first round. He was confident, obviously remembering his previous victory over me. We both choose Snake, which he was amused by. His amusement did not last for long, as I was able to easily gain control of the match by outmaneuvering with DACUS. Catching him off guard, I was able to quickly rig the stage and knock him off it. Desperate to get back, he hastily used his UpB to recover, allowing me to effortlessly snipe him with my SideB. His other stock played out in a similar fashion and I won the game 2-0. It was an incredibly exciting moment for me and inspired me to start playing competitive Smash.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think my best Snake story was when I did a 1 v 1 against a friend of mine awhile back. It was on Final Destination, and we had items because we didn't really care that much.

So we started fighting it out and we both had 3 stocks. We were both Snake...my friends hated playing me because I hardly ever lost to anybody.

He didn't hit me once. I had 0% THE ENTIRE MATCH.

I still have the video. I'll have to see if I can upload it somewhere.
My best story is that I beat boss battles on intense with Snake...

At the end I was just like.

Top Bottom