• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Gave my vote to Snake. Hm, you don't think they'd care or notice if your making multiple votes for the same person do you? Like, telling from your IP or something.

Also, I stopped this after I heard Nintendo Direct news, which would put us out of April Fools mode, but I guess I might as well share it because Shaq prevents that from happening. It was a half-done description of a lulzy Big Boss moveset I was coming up with:
I mean, Vic Boss.

Down special: “Do It”- Snake’s horse suddenly runs in front of him, Snake gets on top of it, and his horse poops on the ground. The poop stays there for 20 seconds, and anyone who walks over it trips.

Side Smash: “Electroshock”- Taking a hint from his PeaceWalker days, Snake grabs two stun rods that shock and electrocute his opponents. Who need to then mash the A button or be tortured forever since Smash Bros doesn’t have a real health bar.

Japanese region exclusive: “Tickle rod”: Same as before, but for unknown reasons they cause the opponent to laugh uncontrollably. Like this:

Up taunt: “Who is this?!”- Snake gets a call on his radio from an unknown caller, who only says “Did you rike it?” before hanging up.

Side taunt: “Cigar”- Snake smokes a cigar and leaves it in his mouth until this taunt is performed again. This slowly damages him over time. When performed again, he throws the cigar, which deals minor damage if it hurts an opponent.

Down taunt: “Chicken Cap”- Snake puts on his chicken cap, and then immediately removes it. As chicken cap is the super guide of Metal Gear games, he is invincible during this taunt until he removes it.

Final Smash: “Rex”- Snake says”It’s showtime” as REX comes out of nowhere and starts attacking everything in its path.

Yes, REX.

As in, Gear REX. As in, Monster Hunter guest appearance. Because Sakurai and Kojima secretly want to convince Capcom to bring the Snake costume back in MH4.

If it touches Megaman, he drops to the floor crying.
:yeahboi:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Whats stopping us from using only computers? It works on phones too!
Not only that, use also your 3DS/Wii U/everything with a browser for vote!
And, of course, I've already voted for Snake!

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Well what I said didn't come true, but at least we get to vote.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Right now, as it stands, according to @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux , we have gotten the two most popular out of the way: Mewtwo, and Lucas. (Not counting the Icys :crying:)
Next up will be Wolf and then Snake if the trend keeps going.

Sadly, the Ice Climbers probably won't get back in without them being "new" 3DS exclusive or some BS.

So Snake is coming around the same time as wolf (E3?) just as Lucas with Mewtwo.

This is just my theory of course, but it would seem illogical to have Wolf and Lucas back without having Snake.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11

Link to the retweet?
Here's the original tweet: https://twitter.com/DenisBrando/status/583405671246405632
And here's Konami's page: https://twitter.com/Konami/with_replies

I'm not sure why, but I had an unusually strong feeling that this Nintendo Direct was going to bring wondrously joyous Smash news for all, no matter which character anyone wanted.

I'm just flabbergasted that the Smash ballot is currently a thing in existence and now we can all band together to make our voices heard directly to the man himself -- Sakurai. It has come to my notice that there are quite a few people on Twitter who are all supporting Snake's return through the ballot. Konami's already acknowledged the Snake for Smash movement (they noticed this the day of/moments after the Direct, as opposed to waiting a few weeks or so), so that can only mean strong signs for the future.

I've already submitted my vote, but am determined to do so in every way I possibly can, whether it's by spreading the word across my digital travels or submitting my votes on every electronic device I come across. Our hope was always strong within the community (which may have faltered a bit these past few days with the conundrum between Konami and Kojima), but now it's stronger than ever; we've taken that first step into apex of this magnificent journey, so now it's fitting to give it our all between now and the ballot's deadline. We can let the legend come back to life! :snake:

Last edited:

DJDave189

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DJDave157
Giving my vote for Snake as well. Snake is such a fun character to play with. If both he and K. Rool make it in Smash. I will be overcome with joy.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I didn't think this opportunityuld actually happen. Guys....we have to do this. Lets make it happen!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Word has it that Kojima's name is returning to some of Konami's MGS promotional images.

We're definitely not out of the game yet.

And where is @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones ? We need this thread updated to get more people voting!

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I gave my vote to Sophitia but I really want for you guys to win so Snake can return. I too wish Raiden replaces Jaegger as the AT so he can be on both Smash and PSASBR.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I feel like Solid Snake does have priority over every third party character.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Guess this is as good a place to ask as any, but does the ballot allow you to vote more than once?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Aaah, OK.

Snake is one of the characters on the mind, but I have a few others too, and I am having trouble deciding. I might log in to a few different computers though.

In fact, when I get back to college, I might log on to a bunch of computers and make lots of votes there.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Snake, K. Rool, and Isaac are currently leading the ballot right now. (I'm not including Ridley and Ice Climbers since those guys are very debatable whether they will actually be DLC after some of Sakurai's comments on the two)

I'm hoping Sakurai or one of the devs caught eye on that Konami retweet, thus hinting at them wanting him back in too. But yeah, does anyone know if there will be multiple characters from the ballot or just one?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like Snake, K. Rool, and Isaac are currently leading the ballot right now. (I'm not including Ridley and Ice Climbers since those guys are very debatable whether they will actually be DLC after some of Sakurai's comments on the two)

I'm hoping Sakurai or one of the devs caught eye on that Konami retweet, thus hinting at them wanting him back in too. But yeah, does anyone know if there will be multiple characters from the ballot or just one?
Multiple, Sakurai's twitter stated that they "Can't make that many" so multiple. Plus, whatever they are already making to fill the gaps between now and October.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Multiple, Sakurai's twitter stated that they "Can't make that many" so multiple. Plus, whatever they are already making to fill the gaps between now and October.
When I read that I was thinking he meant Lucas and the ballot winner. Well, thankfully I'm probably wrong! To be honest, I wouldn't mind any character joining in at this point, but Snake would make me overjoyed!

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Word has it that Kojima's name is returning to some of Konami's MGS promotional images.

We're definitely not out of the game yet.

And where is @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones ? We need this thread updated to get more people voting!
Sorry, I just got home after waiting for 2 hours at Gamestop for Amiibos. What should I put? Just, 'Vote for Snake today!"?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Sorry, I just got home after waiting for 2 hours at Gamestop for Amiibos. What should I put? Just, 'Vote for Snake today!"?
Vote Solidus Snake for President!

Really though, a regular "vote now!" thing works, but a reference would be cool.

And man, I don't even want to think about Amiibo, it's impossible.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just waited and got Ness, Robin, Charizard, Lucina, Pac-Man and Wario. I also got the Splatoon pack. You know what would look nice with that? A Snake amiibo.

EDIT: I made a few tweets and tagged Konami, so let's see if some awesome things happen!

EDIT 2: THEY FAVORITED ONE OF THEM

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welp, I voted twice on my mobile browser. First vote was Snake, second was Fiora. It seemed both counted but I wonder if that really is the case, I heard from one source that only the most recent vote counts, another that you can vote from different devices on the same network, and also that they don't track IPs too much but don't spam too much. I'm unsure what to believe right now...

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I just waited and got Ness, Robin, Charizard, Lucina, Pac-Man and Wario. I also got the Splatoon pack. You know what would look nice with that? A Snake amiibo.

EDIT: I made a few tweets and tagged Konami, so let's see if some awesome things happen!

Now we just need Kojima... then I'm pretty sure Sakurai will consider it (if he hasn't already)

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Link to the tweet?!

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Might not mean anything, but it's cool that Konami favorited that tweet.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Might not mean anything, but it's cool that Konami favorited that tweet.
Rare retweeted Banjo & Kazooie support too if I remember correctly. Maybe it was the Shantae devs? It just shows that gamers are everywhere and would love to see their favorite characters or character they created or were part of their creations in.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'd bring back the full Metal Gear cast to do codecs for the Smash 4 Newcomers (plus Charizard, Dr Mario and Mewtwo)

Konami seems to be in GET RID OF ENVERYTHING WE'RE GOOD AT mode like Capcom did with Mega Man back all those years ago so we'll have to wait and see. The fact that Nintendo got Mega Man was seen as a big achievement at the time of his reveal.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Voted for my Chorus Kids but butting in here to say that I have high hopes for Snake. Let's dooo it.

Sølid

Radio
3DS FC
4441-8453-4042
I've got a question, would you guys like Big Boss over Solid Snake if it happened? I voted for Snake/Big Boss.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I want Snake as he was, he already took aspects of Big Boss anyway. And I certainly want Hayter voicing him.

If by some miracle we get Codecs back too, definitely Snake, because Otacon is the best ever.

Also @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones , perfect title.

I'm working on new support icons as well, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
I'm not so sure, Snake might be a lost cause due to what's happening with Konami and Kojima. Does anyone know if he would affect the game's rating if he was added?

Top Bottom