• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I want to see a Nintendo Direct that ends with "more Super Smash Bros news."

Cue Mewtwo video, we get more details, a release date, etc.

Suddenly, cardboard box.

"Kept ya waiting, huh?"

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Uggh you guys are so dedicated. It's wonderful.

I'm not even a huge fan of Metal Gear or anything, but just casually browsing this thread really really makes me want Snake back. Although I thrive on seeing others get their favourite characters anyway, so seeing Snake back would make me doubly happy~

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Can I just say that i'm super hyped for The Phantom Pain? The game looks great!

So in terms of stuff related to Snake in Smash Bros., are there any moveset changes you would want with him? I liked his moveset in Brawl, so there isn't much I would want changed. Although, his uptilt is gross and should probably get fixed to help with balancing. But otherwise, I liked it.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

So in terms of stuff related to Snake in Smash Bros., are there any moveset changes you would want with him? I liked his moveset in Brawl, so there isn't much I would want changed. Although, his uptilt is gross and should probably get fixed to help with balancing. But otherwise, I liked it.
I say keep his up tilt. :troll:

Seriously speaking though, I could see him reduced to one grenade, because of 3DS limitations, considering a lot of his moves spawn various items. Though his recovery could change as well, since it also spawns an item, perhaps he could have the Fulton Recovery System as a nod to Big Boss. It would function similarly, but it would only have an aesthetic balloon, as it wouldn't cause damage when released. Maybe his side special could change, but I'm not really sure myself. All of his regular attacks are fine as they are, there's not much that wasn't already well designed. Maybe a new down smash, because 3DS.

Him riding Metal Gear REX into battle for his final smash would be awesome.

I'm also hyped for Phantom Pain, that along with Zelda U, two of my favorite franchises going open world in the same year!

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So what trophies would Metal Gear get if it returned to U/3DS? Copypaste from Brawl is certainly possible, but considering we have MGSV on the horizon and Peace Walker, it'd suck to not have trophies of the AI bosses in PW, for instance.

I wouldn't change anything outside of the uptilt, honestly, unless 3DS limitations stop Snake from using certain attacks.

EDIT: Saw that front story?

Last edited:

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Make it his Project M move set, upper cut as uptilt, down b stays with character (hate how it sticks to some one else they touch) and the Fulton recovery could be a custom move, and so should his side B (instead of Nikida it would be tranquilizer gun for custom move :) )

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Honestly, make Snake a little faster and reduce the hitboxes on his CQC attacks, and I'm good. Oh, and make C4 function like i's PM variant.

So does anyone else here play Fire Emblem? That game has taken over my life.

Last edited:

SmashKing201

Smash Journeyman
I've been absent from Smash info for sometime due to real life duties and working with Smash Bros. Crusade. Has there been any articles on why Sakurai cut Snake? I'm anxious to know.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's amazing how a simple perspective change can really change a game.

I absolutely love Ground Zeroes, but just looking at this video, I would have hated it had it been like this.
True, looked like a generic FPS shooter. Takes away the fun of stealth.

Has there ever been a first person stealth game?

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
True, looked like a generic FPS shooter. Takes away the fun of stealth.

Has there ever been a first person stealth game?
Thief and Deus Ex comes to mind as first person stealth games and they're pretty old as well. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 and New Vegas games have stealth, but it's weird to say the least - primitive stealth mechanics? I think Geist for the GCN was a stealth game too. In a way, the Amnesia and Penumbra horror games are stealth orientated as well since you can't do much against the supernatural and superhuman.

Mark of the Ninja comes to mind as a 2D stealth game.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Thief and Deus Ex comes to mind as first person stealth games and they're pretty old as well. The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 and New Vegas games have stealth, but it's weird to say the least - primitive stealth mechanics? I think Geist for the GCN was a stealth game too. In a way, the Amnesia and Penumbra horror games are stealth orientated as well since you can't do much against the supernatural and superhuman.

Mark of the Ninja comes to mind as a 2D stealth game.
I got a copy of theif and dues ex, maybe I should play them sometime.
Any stealth games with aliens?

So does anyone else here play Fire Emblem? That game has taken over my life.
My brother does, it's is his favorite game now.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I suddenly had flashbacks to Destroy All Humans.

I can't remember much of the game, but I think it had stealth elements where you had to hide as a human or something.

...When you weren't just destroying everything.

I need to find a let's play of it.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I got a copy of theif and dues ex, maybe I should play them sometime.

My brother does, it's is his favorite game now.
Penumbra involves aliens and I think Alien: Isolation is somewhat stealth-y.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Jesus, I just got like 20 notifications and thought something happened, but it was just you liking all of my posts in this thread.

*Insert MGS Alert theme*

Speaking of music, I'm looking through the list of Snake's iPod songs in MGS4 and trying to find and download them...
I'll have a nice full list of MGS music to listen to along with the Brawl tracks I already had.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy

Jesus, I just got like 20 notifications and thought something happened, but it was just you liking all of my posts in this thread.

*Insert MGS Alert theme*

Speaking of music, I'm looking through the list of Snake's iPod songs in MGS4 and trying to find and download them...
I'll have a nice full list of MGS music to listen to along with the Brawl tracks I already had.
I can intentionally stop liking just your posts if you want...
And rising music better be in or I be upset. Specifically It Has to be This Way. "NANOMACHINES SON"

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I can intentionally stop liking just your posts if you want...
And rising music better be in or I be upset. Specifically It Has to be This Way. "NANOMACHINES SON"
Nah, I was just shocked by my notifications going from 0 to 20 in a matter of seconds. No worries.

...Snake sure likes his J-pop. Too good.

I love all of the tracks from Kojima's older games too, good callback.

I'll work on any other OST some other time.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
@ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy Same here I got on and I find I have 6 notifications. That for the likes though.

I like the OST's from MGS: TTS the best. Encounter, the individual boss themes, and that ending theme. Whoo! To be fair, every MGS game has an amazing OST.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'm having some trouble finding some of these songs... I've got most of them though.

I'm loving all of these so far.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Every MGS game has wonderful music, but I'll have to settle for Peace Walker as my favorite, only competition being Guns Of The Patriots. Heavens Divide ranks as my favorite vocal track(and deserves entry if Snake gets back in), followed by Here's to You and Snake Eater.

You people so surprised that @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy goes around liking everything in sight lol. I once had 70 alerts overnight, 30 were likes from him. An entire page of alerts about him.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Every MGS game has wonderful music, but I'll have to settle for Peace Walker as my favorite, only competition being Guns Of The Patriots. Heavens Divide ranks as my favorite vocal track(and deserves entry if Snake gets back in), followed by Here's to You and Snake Eater.

You people so surprised that @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy goes around liking everything in sight lol. I once had 70 alerts overnight, 30 were likes from him. An entire page of alerts about him.
How do you even get 40 other notifications overnight?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How do you even get 40 other notifications overnight?
Have a large presence in forums, do stuff, make like-worthy posts...

Try to imagine how many notifications I had after I did this plus NonSpecificGuy's antics plus the typical 20-30 notifications I got a day unrelated to likes, and before a revamp to the notification system that displays multiple people liking a post as opposed to one like=one alert.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Have a large presence in forums, do stuff, make like-worthy posts...

Try to imagine how many notifications I had after I did this plus NonSpecificGuy's antics plus the typical 20-30 notifications I got a day unrelated to likes, and before a revamp to the notification system that displays multiple people liking a post as opposed to one like=one alert.
Wow. So you just post on multiple threads, while I only post on 1 or 2.

I noticed you like FE: Awakening.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Its gonna be one hell of a ride thats for sure. I cant wait to see all the new revelations, and also explore that world with all the new mechanics and what not. It cant come soon enough IMO, ive got a metal gear itch and i need a new one stat!

---
Anyway its been somewhat quiet on the snake front (no pun intended), but im glad to still see hope all around. Ive twittered bill trinnen enough to where if he doesnt know we want him back, he has to be blind haha.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wow. So you just post on multiple threads, while I only post on 1 or 2.

I noticed you like FE: Awakening.
I have nearly 7000 posts, of course I'd be in other threads. :p

And yes, I do. Quite a lot.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Other than the Phantom Pain, I'm hoping for another MGS collection to come out for the PS4, since it can't play the PS3 one...

I really want to play through all of the games eventually.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Other than the Phantom Pain, I'm hoping for another MGS collection to come out for the PS4, since it can't play the PS3 one...

I really want to play through all of the games eventually.
I hope that collection comes to PC too, I could run snake eater and peace walker easily. I'd want it on wii u, but let's face it, no 3rd party will really support the console.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd like to see Metal Gear Solid 4 come to the Wii U; then again, that's mainly because I've never owned a Sony console and it's the only game in the franchise that I can't play because of that. Maybe in the form of some sort of collection along with re-releasing the Twin Snakes and MGS2, since just having MGS4 on its own would be pretty confusing.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Metal Gear Wii U collection would be the greatest thing ever... Who knows, with that MGS Miiverse thing...

Anyway, I now have a good amount of tracks from nearly every MGS game!

Now I'm ready for some tactical espionage action.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alternatively, I'd love to see Metal Gear 1 and 2 remade with modern technology, though I believe Kojima's said that he'd need to change way too much to make it match up with the later Metal Gear games.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wow. What forums are you active on?

How long have you been playing FE?
Character discussion(KKR thread, Rayman thread, Snake thread and my support thread), Robin, Lucina, Mewtwo, Forum Games, FE Social Group, Ridley Social Group, Leaks Group...yeah.

Since August, after I stopped hating FE as a whole.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Character discussion(KKR thread, Rayman thread, Snake thread and my support thread), Robin, Lucina, Mewtwo, Forum Games, FE Social Group, Ridley Social Group, Leaks Group...yeah.

Since August, after I stopped hating FE as a whole.
You used to hate FE? Why? I've was interested for a long time, so happy Im finally playing it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You used to hate FE? Why? I've was interested for a long time, so happy Im finally playing it.
Because at the time of Robin/Lucina's reveal, I was a sworn Mewtwo loyalist, and their reveal date butted in on a coincidential yet plausible theory for Mewtwo to be revealed. After that, I disliked FE for a while until I found Awakening for 15 bucks in rough currency estimates.

Played through it, instantly loved it, happy endings for everyone.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Because at the time of Robin/Lucina's reveal, I was a sworn Mewtwo loyalist, and their reveal date butted in on a coincidential yet plausible theory for Mewtwo to be revealed. After that, I disliked FE for a while until I found Awakening for 15 bucks in rough currency estimates.

Played through it, instantly loved it, happy endings for everyone.
Amazing game.

So would you guys like a cross-over between a Palutena's Guidence and Snake's Codec? I think there would be an interesting encounter between Pit and Snake.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Amazing game.

So would you guys like a cross-over between a Palutena's Guidence and Snake's Codec? I think there would be an interesting encounter between Pit and Snake.
Seeing Otacon geek out over Palutena would be very... interesting. :troll:

Top Bottom