• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Glad to see some good defense for Snake up in here. Not that the detracting reasons are good points. I flat out think most detracting reasons are bull**** anyway.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Glad to see some good defense for Snake up in here. Not that the detracting reasons are good points. I flat out think most detracting reasons are bull**** anyway.
With Snake MIA, detractors love to jump in and act high and mighty about it. "I told you Snake was never coming back."

Though honestly, it isn't that bad in here. I can only imagine what the poor Ridley fans had to go through..

I just wish Mewtwo would come out already so we can find out if we'll even get more DLC.

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

We all know he's involved with that "Solid Room" that was shown before.
I think the main reason is that Raiden, a Metal Gear representative, was in the sony all star battle royale game and Nintendo make a big tantrum
Time to throw a tantrum at Bandai-Namco and Capcom for "betraying" Nintendo by putting their IPs and making games on a "competitor platform" where they have the right to do whatever they want and Nintendo can't do anything about it.
This is a fairly ridiculous reason. Nintendo wouldn't make a "tantrum" because PSASBR paralleled Brawl in a Metal Gear rep(which it would have done anyway if Brawl didn't exist). And PSASBR doesn't reference Snake at all unless there's a title I never unlocked.
Wiki said:
http://playstationallstars.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear
Ocelot is referenced in the 2v2 title "Revolving Ocelots". Solid Snake is also referenced in the title "Soul Hid Snakes".
Why should Nintendo care if they got Snake,the main protagonist of the metal gear series, while all PS allstars only got Raiden, who isn't the main character?
I feel like Nintendo should be happy about that, because snake stayed exclusive to their fighting game.
Snake has appeared in DreamMix TV World Fighters another fighting game but it does crosses over characters from Hudson and Konami's video game series and Takara's toy lines.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I found Snake appearing in Smash and Raiden appearing in Playstation All-Stars to be hilariously fitting, seeing as Raiden started out as trying to be like Snake but with much less appeal.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
@ Pallex Pallex
DreamTv came out before brawl though. Besides, there was no contract to keep snake exclusive to smash that gen, but they did anyway. Also, did allstars get that badasss theme of tara and encounter remixes? I dont think so :p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
That MGS3D theme is definitely on the top of my list whenever Nintendo finally decides to release the New 3DS.

It's 2015, Nintendo, what are you waiting for?

...With the leftover Snake files that were found in the 3DS version, I wonder what else might be in the Wii U version.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sorry I haven't been active posting here. I've fallen hopelessly in love with FE: Awakening so I've been playing that since Christmas. Good to see you guys have good arguments against Nintendo Purists and Haters. I'll try to be more active around here.
That MGS3D theme is definitely on the top of my list whenever Nintendo finally decides to release the New 3DS.

It's 2015, Nintendo, what are you waiting for?

...With the leftover Snake files that were found in the 3DS version, I wonder what else might be in the Wii U version.
Where is this?!?!? I NEED THIS!!!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I'll try to be more active around here.
I'd be more active, but there's just not really anything to talk about. It's the same reason I don't frequent the boards of my mains...

Where is this?!?!? I NEED THIS!!!
The leftover 3DS data? It was from a while back, the cut Brawl vets still had announcer and crowd cheer data in the game, possibly more. The only interesting one to note is Snake, since if they no longer had the rights to him, they'd have to remove any traces of him, but apparently an obvious reference to a character that was obviously in the previous game isn't legally binding.

Which I guess is true, since Snake was mentioned in the 50 fact video.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'd be more active, but there's just not really anything to talk about. It's the same reason I don't frequent the boards of my mains...

The leftover 3DS data? It was from a while back, the cut Brawl vets still had announcer and crowd cheer data in the game, possibly more. The only interesting one to note is Snake, since if they no longer had the rights to him, they'd have to remove any traces of him, but apparently an obvious reference to a character that was obviously in the previous game isn't legally binding.

Do you have an image of the data?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This song is in smash 4:

Yet it sounds like this:

But we couldn't get the mgs theme in brawl because it sounded like winter road?!?
What a bunch of bull****!!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I should point out, now that I remember, that the resemblance to Faithfully was always intentional.
Ah..
I am curious though, did TAPPY really intentionally plagiarize winter road, or was it an accident where it ended up sounding similar or a tribute to the composer of winter road?

Ultim8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ultim8Luis
3DS FC
4785-6835-4967
YES, I would love to see Snake in sm4sh. I never had the oportunity to play brawl where he was, but Damn, SNAKE FOR THE WIN

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Sorry I'm late, but a very happy new year to everyone in here! It's pretty exciting to think that Mewtwo is going to be released this year, and if all goes well, Snake and other DLC will be announced this year.

The MGS3D theme is indeed glorious. Words can't describe how awesome it is to open up your 3DS to a home menu fully decked out to MGS3. Really shines a bright light and makes one optimistic for what's to come.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The beatmania remix of the mgs theme that was found in game files, but didn't make it in:

Really wish we got this.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The beatmania remix of the mgs theme that was found in game files, but didn't make it in:

Really wish we got this.
That is awesome! Snake must come back even just for the music. MG had so much cool tracks that it's a shame we have lost all of them...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Outer Heaven in 3d:

All of this stuff I found on the metal gear reddit.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

I must apologize, but you're either pulling up random stuff up for no reason, or your source is not credible at all.
The following link shows all unused data for Smash 4 3DS, ripped and all: http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS
We can see that there is only the Ice Climbers chant that was left over, nothing at all from Brawl (With the exception of some minor SFX) so I believe this "list" was probably made because someone was salty about their main not getting in or something (like me, but minus a fake info leak).

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I must apologize, but you're either pulling up random stuff up for no reason, or your source is not credible at all.
The following link shows all unused data for Smash 4 3DS, ripped and all: http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._for_Nintendo_3DS
We can see that there is only the Ice Climbers chant that was left over, nothing at all from Brawl (With the exception of some minor SFX) so I believe this "list" was probably made because someone was salty about their main not getting in or something (like me, but minus a fake info leak).
If you would kindly refrain from claiming my "source" isn't credible while simultaneously posting a link to wikia...

The Ice Climbers are the only characters that were cut during development, if you had payed attention, I said that the cut Brawl veterans still had data left over, that is, leftover Brawl data. This includes the Fighting Alloy Team.

This was one of the first data dumps, so you can take it up with the Leaks group here on SmashBoards.

It was only a passing mention anyway, so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
The leftover data was posted by someone credible (they data mined the pokemon games). It was just some sound file like announcer calls. They posted a wholes bunch of other stuff too, but those were probably the only cut character data. I feel like if they were salty, they would have included more about their main and stuff.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
If you would kindly refrain from claiming my "source" isn't credible while simultaneously posting a link to wikia...

The Ice Climbers are the only characters that were cut during development, if you had payed attention, I said that the cut Brawl veterans still had data left over, that is, leftover Brawl data. This includes the Fighting Alloy Team.

This was one of the first data dumps, so you can take it up with the Leaks group here on SmashBoards.

It was only a passing mention anyway, so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish.
Just because it's a wikia doesn't mean that some random person can edit it without some proof or a source, hence why it's plenty more reliable. I mean, when was the last time you've seen a wiki get something wrong (other than the minor ones of course)

This... I'm not aware of this. That would contradict everything Sakurai has said previously (but then again, he said no clone characters and look what happened...), but I mean, if it's in the game, it's in the game?

It just bugged me since I've spent a while on the reddit and the Cutting Room Floor figuring out what was cut, but I don't remember anything about Snake and the rest of them.
The leftover data was posted by someone credible (they data mined the pokemon games). It was just some sound file like announcer calls. They posted a wholes bunch of other stuff too, but those were probably the only cut character data. I feel like if they were salty, they would have included more about their main and stuff.
I was unaware he was one of those guys haha, or else I wouldn't have said he was salty XD But yeah, I see no reason to continue this subject anymore

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Just because it's a wikia doesn't mean that some random person can edit it without some proof or a source, hence why it's plenty more reliable. I mean, when was the last time you've seen a wiki get something wrong (other than the minor ones of course)

This... I'm not aware of this. That would contradict everything Sakurai has said previously (but then again, he said no clone characters and look what happened...), but I mean, if it's in the game, it's in the game?

It just bugged me since I've spent a while on the reddit and the Cutting Room Floor figuring out what was cut, but I don't remember anything about Snake and the rest of them.

I was unaware he was one of those guys haha, or else I wouldn't have said he was salty XD But yeah, I see no reason to continue this subject anymore
Yeah, it doesn't really matter, just leftover data and stuff, doesn't have an impact on his chances really.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Would you rather....

Snake be leaked for the game
or
Snake being a surprise reveal in a direct or e3/some other event.

Top Bottom