• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I played Brawl again the other day out of curiosity.
Well, I immediately enjoyed it way more than Smash 4, but that's not important.
The point is that I played Snake, and it was amazing. One of the best characters in Brawl, he's just so much fun.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
So, guys. I was wondering.
You Snake mains for Brawl/PM, who did you switch to when 4 came out?
Like, since Snake wasn't here, who did you pick up and play instead?

Who do you guys play, and why? How'd you end up playing them?
I ended up playing alot as Pac-Man and found his fire hydrant, namely the one that shoots fire, to be fun. I like laying traps that disrupt the battle and leads to many humorous unintended results.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Announcement that Snake is being rerated in RTC today(technically after the day transition, which is tonight).

However, the amount of help I'll be able to grant to Snake's defense is minimal due to the fact that Sylux is also going to be rated alongside him and all of my attention is squarely focused on Sylux.

Hilarious that my top DLC wishes are being rated on the same day.
The poll data makes it easier to rate, I guess I will contribute.
Snake might be rated low due to the konami thing though.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So, guys. I was wondering.
You Snake mains for Brawl/PM, who did you switch to when 4 came out?
Like, since Snake wasn't here, who did you pick up and play instead?

Spoiler tag holds a long and dumb story of how I ended up maining Shulk when the game came out. Insomnia sucks, guys.

I was pretty bummed when Snake didn't return, but I didn't sweat it too hard at the time. (Now, though... I have a feeling I'll always have a sour taste in my mouth playing Sm4sh if he doesn't get back in) Why? It was Shulk time now, baby!
I remember getting pretty heavy into Xenoblade (Shulk's home game) when I saw a few episodes of an LP on Youtube. After around the third episode, I knew I had to have the game. The story and characters seemed so good, and oh jeez, as a huge RPG fan, the gameplay seemed deliciously and wonderfully complex.

I tried finding the game, but that's when I learned it never did make it to North America. Just Europe/Japan I believe. Copies of the game were rare, and some on ebay went for around 120 bucks. I was absolutely crushed. Then, my good friend (Yes you ya joker) snagged a lucky used copy at gamestop when I wasn't looking. Again, I was CRUSHED. I remember heading over to his house to play it with him, and we had a ton of fun figuring out about the mechanics and stuff. It was his first RPG.

Just a week or two later, after complaining about not having/not being able to find the game anywhere to that same dude, this guy, this crazy guy (read: the good friend mentioned above) just waltzes into my house and offhandedly hands a bag to me. I reached inside and pulled out (I'm pretty sure it was brand new, I can't remember) a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles.
I almost cried, holy crap. I couldn't believe he was able to snag a copy for me. To this day I'm pretty sure that's the nicest thing anyone's ever just randomly done for me. I spent the next two weeks just tearing that game apart.

Just after I think the 60% mark, I got super burned out and couldn't play it for months. I still haven't finished it. I'm waiting a while before I finish that sucker off. I want to be able to really enjoy it. Luckily, it got ported to the 3DS a while ago. I plan to grab that version and take it nice and slow. When that same friend showed me the Shulk trailer for Sm4sh, I was so pumped to play him. Whew!

Shulk was amazing. I loved everything about him. I played him nonstop for weeks. The way you could string things like nair and dtilt just made him feel so fluid. After I got a hang of the arts, I loved zipping offstage to edgeguard or gimp opponents with Jump or approaching with a gorgeous string courtesy of Speed. He felt great to me.

Now I don't play him as much, but he's got a soft spot in my heart. It's all 'ninjas and Meta Knights and Lucas' now. And Villager. Mph.

Who do you guys play, and why? How'd you end up playing them?
I mostly play characters based on how much I like them and how they play, rather than tier placement. I guess I might have a thing for buff dudes with bandanas because when I saw Ike's new artwork for SSB4, I jumped on the bandwagon. To see if I was really interested in playing in in SSB4, I started up my copy of Brawl and played him. I loved it. I loved how strong and defensive he was. I got more interested in Ike as a character. Eventually I got interested enough to buy Awakening, which introduced me to what now is one of my favorite game series.

I guess how I joined the FE fandom is similar to how I joined the MGS fandom. Weird.

Side note: Does anyone else find MGS stressful to play? I finally got The Twin Snakes, but get really anxious when I play it. I'm also playing Very Easy as this is my first MGS game. Finally a memebr of the fandom!

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I guess how I joined the FE fandom is similar to how I joined the MGS fandom. Weird.

Side note: Does anyone else find MGS stressful to play? I finally got The Twin Snakes, but get really anxious when I play it. I'm also playing Very Easy as this is my first MGS game. Finally a memebr of the fandom!
I love playing Ike as well. He's just behind Roy as my favorite FE character to play. :p
I have played a few hours of awakening, and I just can't seem to get into it. It's strange, because I absolutely adore strategy games.

Dude, MG is a stressful series. Twin Snakes is pretty up there in difficulty, too. You aren't alone.
You're going to have tons of fun. I remember playing the original kind of offhandedly, not expecting anything too cool, but the story REALLY got me into it. Hope you'll have fun with the series. <3 Let me know what you think of the game whenever you finish it!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Dude, MG is a stressful series. Twin Snakes is pretty up there in difficulty, too. You aren't alone.
You're going to have tons of fun. I remember playing the original kind of offhandedly, not expecting anything too cool, but the story REALLY got me into it. Hope you'll have fun with the series. <3 Let me know what you think of the game whenever you finish it!
Twin Snakes has first person aiming and stuff, makes things like the ocelot battle easier.

I played on normal difficulty, and the Hind D and Vulcan Raven still kicked my ass.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Hind D sucks, man. Raven wasn't too bad in the original.
Final boss is really tough, though. Jeez.
I agree, I hated it when liquid started charging at me.

The most tough part was the torture scene, that was some bull****

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I agree, I hated it when liquid started charging at me.

The most tough part was the torture scene, that was some bull****
Bye bye fingers. JEEZ. That was actually a roadblock for me for a few days. My sisters' fiance helped me. We took turns. xD
I really didn't want to give up Meryl.

edit:
This isn't a big shock to me. At the very least, I believe we're going to get Wolf, and a Ballot character. Personally, I feel like that's pretty perfect. It actually surprised me when I first started browsing this site recently, because it seemed like lots of people expected three or more fighters. I'm not one to make a fuss about such things, I'd rather just wait and see how it all plays out.
Muting your expectations makes what you get in the end feel like much more of a reward. At least, that's how I see DLC characters.
I'm probably in the very minority, the way I feel. I remember flipping my sh*t when Roy Ryu AND Lucas came back at the same time. Crazy stuff.

Hope nobody is too disappointed if this all ends up being true. I would love more characters. :'c

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I support Solid Snake. He had this unique atmosphere no other character has...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Bye bye fingers. JEEZ. That was actually a roadblock for me for a few days. My sisters' fiance helped me. We took turns. xD
I really didn't want to give up Meryl.
I just gave up and changed my save to one where Meryl was still alive. I lost some items, but hey, I saved Meryl.
Yeah, it is.
Personally, I am actually happy with this roster. It be perfect if snake got in, though. There isn't really anyone else I want, other than snake. Sakurai gave me a character I didn't even know I wanted for DLC. Six characters seems enough. The remaining last two mario slots are probably ballot characters. Who knows! We'll just have to wait and see.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
All the more reason to kick into high gear. But like i said before, sakurai is easily trying to dial back expectations, we know how out of hand speculation can get among the fanbase. We really only have to hope for snake and a new ballot character, and even then sakurai has gone back on his word tons of times before. He will give us as much as he can within reasonability, thus why its sort of vague as a response. Just look at what he said with mewtwo, and now we have 3 characters beyond that. Since they took out those job listings for "smash 6" when production of the game finished, i always assumed that it was for dlc, and even a fully packaged ultimate version by this time next year (maybe even an NX version). Im willing to bet that will be the outcome, mark my words right here and now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still stand by my statement that the two characters that remained in the files were already in development alongside the other characters that have since been released (Lucas is a good example of this; being nearly complete in early April and being released in mid June). I honestly believe his comments only pertained to characters from the Smash Ballot.

With that being said, I could also see Sakurai gauging support from the ballot earlier (because really, were in July and the ballot has been open for 3 months so pretty much everyone that has wanted to vote has done so already) and making the characters beforehand so he can release them all within October, November, and maybe even December if he's releasing 3 ballot characters which I can very well see happening; staying true to his comment about not keeping the development team"much longer".

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Not really. We are going to get at the very least 2 characters, but that isn't
1) very service for the fans,
2) they are surely still making something, and it's a little early for the Ballot newcomers.
I'm gonna say we will get 4 more characters (4 pre ballot and 4 ballot), who will turn out to Wolf, Snake, King K. Rool and another character. It could be Isaac but IDK

Besides, today there is Snake's RTC, so please support him with all the downers he is getting!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Hello guys. Back again after about 2 weeks! Just wanted to check up. I know i missed about 7 pages of you guys talking did i miss anything? Would someone please catch me up?

@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I am subscribed to you on Youtube and i've been watching you for quite sometime now. May i have your NNID?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Not during the mourning, no. After we're done mourning Snake's absence, sure.

--

I'm going to be occupied this morning, so it's gonna have to be in the afternoon.
What happened to Snake? i've been gone! Please tell me!!

PrettyIvyPearls22

Smash Ace
Just so you guys know they are rating Snake in the Rate their Chances thread. Let them know that Snake can still have a chance, even if they are pessimistic about him.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Look at the comparison of big boss through out each game:

(Spoilers for MGS series)

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Look at the comparison of big boss through out each game:
I highly recommend letting people know that spoiler tag spoils a huge part in
mgs4
Wouldn't want to ruin anyone's experience. <3

edit: People against Snake for dumb reasons in the RTC thread make me salty.
I can't wait to see their rage posts when he comes back with a bang.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I highly recommend letting people know that spoiler tag spoils a huge part in
mgs4
Wouldn't want to ruin anyone's experience. <3

x
Haha,oops. Edited the post.

edit: People against Snake for dumb reasons in the RTC thread make me salty.
I can't wait to see their rage posts when he comes back with a bang
It's mostly the konami/kojima argument, which is a fair reason. I think konami has some sense left in them to let him in, but it's fair game for all we know.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I hate the RTC thread. It's not as good as the pre-release thread where people used logic to rate the characters. Now since there are voting campaigns going on all it is is **** posting for characters that you don't want and praise posting for characters they do want. I just stay at far away as possible from that thread. I miss @Groose, too.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Here is the ratings for brawl, smash 4,and dreammix tv if anyone wants to compare them:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
ESRB: Teen
PEGI: 12
CERO: A
OFLC: PG

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U & 3ds
ESRB: E10+
PEGI: 12
OFLC: PG

Dreammix Tv world fighters:

The rating only went down for ESRB. Don't know if snake's removel/addition really truly had an effect on the rating.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Snake would be so cool to see return in Smash, but I have my doubts about it honestly. If we were to get like 5 more characters, which is the absolute most I could see happening since we'd end at 60 and we already got 4 pre-ballot, so if Sakurai wants to give some real fan-service I can see anywhere from 2-5 happening, then I'd say Snake maybe has a chance. The whole Konami, Kojima situation that has been present as of recent doesn't do his chances any favors either admittedly.

I think Snake was one of the coolest inclusions in Brawl, but my hopes for him aren't terribly high considering how much is working against him and how he isn't one of the most highly requested characters. Still, I'd love to see him make a return as well.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Snake would be so cool to see return in Smash, but I have my doubts about it honestly. If we were to get like 5 more characters, which is the absolute most I could see happening since we'd end at 60 and we already got 4 pre-ballot, so if Sakurai wants to give some real fan-service I can see anywhere from 2-5 happening, then I'd say Snake maybe has a chance. The whole Konami, Kojima situation that has been present as of recent doesn't do his chances any favors either admittedly.

I think Snake was one of the coolest inclusions in Brawl, but my hopes for him aren't terribly high considering how much is working against him and how he isn't one of the most highly requested characters. Still, I'd love to see him make a return as well.
I agree with this. One thing, though.
he isn't one of the most highly requested characters
He actually is! He's actually very highly requested. He's third at the moment, behind K. Rool and Wolf.

Blue_Sword_Edge

Smash Lord
NNID
Blue_Sword_Edge
3DS FC
1633-5415-5386
As long Hideo Kojima and Konami both still approve of Solid Snake being in Smash (in spite the issues), I say he's still a viable DLC candidate for the Smash. I'd like Solid Snake to return and I give my non-voted support for him.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I agree with this. One thing, though. He actually is! He's actually very highly requested. He's third at the moment, behind K. Rool and Wolf.
Is he? I didn't realize he ranked so highly on the listings... Well, here's to hopefully seeing Snake in Smash once again then. Again, if Konami wasn't, well, Konami, I'd be a little more hopeful. But the situation we're in, hell with Metal Gear as a whole franchise let alone as Snake as a character in Smash, isn't exactly looking too bright...

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Put up a good fight. Seems people really milk the Konami f*cking up thing, that's the only argument I've seen besides one or two "he's a third party" ones. I feel like the third party ones are pretty mitigated by him already being a veteran, and I feel like Konami and Kojima retweeting/tweeting about wanting Snake in Smash 4 takes (not all) most of the wind out of the "Konami sucks" argument.

Anywho, I enjoyed rating him and really didn't enjoy reading 0-15 percent rates for him. The first salt i've tasted on the boards... It's sweet, in a way. I'm sure I'll taste it many times on from here.

We did Vic Boss proud!

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Idk many people said sonic was the star newcomer in brawl but I feel snake/pit was

Any way I hope to see his return I know he's popular but I feel more people aren't voting for him because they feel other people aren't because they feel other people aren't because of random reasons

Top Bottom