• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I never thought I'd bring this up, but a few months ago, I also had a dream that Snake was revealed.

In my dream, I was watching a new reveal trailer for Smash. The video started off in a dark, storming night. Suddenly, lightning strikes, and Snake comes out of nowhere! The character splash read, "Snake Sneaks Into Battle". Snake was re-designed into the Portable Ops version of Big Boss for some random reason. The trailer then cut into gameplay. The gameplay took place in a moving stage version of Camp Omega (à la Delfino Plaza, etc), and I remember the lighting and rain of the stage looked fantastic. Suddenly, I came from watching the DLC, to playing the DLC. I selected Snake and entered training mode to test him out. I remember waking up half-asleep thinking Snake was confirmed for Smash 4, and that I actually played as him. It was awesome until I found out that it was all a dream.

EDIT: I just realized how much of a downer the ending of my post is. So to end my post on a lighter note, I found a new, very convincing Snake DLC leak! I'm a little skeptical, but it seems pretty realistic.
[collapse=PrepairYourself]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I have had a few dreams about Snake as well. My last one was nothing elaborate, just Snake being confirmed in a Smash direct. Sakurai was describing the changes that Snake had, saying that while Snake was made lighter and weaker, his explosives have more knock back and range to compensate, as well as an improved combo game and new Final Smash in Metal Gear REX.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I hope Sakurai is listening. Our dreams need to come true :snake:
Actually, on the topic of dreams, I also had one about a month ago. I was going to this big horror play and I got to sit by Sakurai himself! He didn't really say much, but sometime after he pulled out his 3DS and began to play on this new stage. I actually still have it in mind and it was actually pretty creative (maybe I'll have to pull it out sometime for one of my own stages) and I look on the bottom screen and there I saw him: Snake in his glory. I began to freak out and Sakurai told me I couldn't tell anyone or something. He went to the character select screen and there were three pages of characters in the roster. Yes, 3 pages. But most of them were Pokemon and from that point I realized I was dreaming haha. Those dreams are always pretty silly.
Maybe your dream actually happened, you told someone, and Sakurai changed your memory to make it seem like a dream
/Snake confirmed:joyful:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
HOLY STOOGIES, THAT'S A COOL SIG!
Yeah, Konami has have a bunch of IPs go to waste.
I hope they find better homes. ._.
Especially Silent Hill and MGS.
Who would you prefer they went to, however?
My choice would be MGS and Silent Hills = Sony, while Everything Else = Nintendo.
I'm more of the idea to give almost everything to Nintendo, especially Catlelvania, Bomberman and MGS. Not for look like an hater, but Sony wasn't able to create a decent Smash clone, how would they be able to create a complex game like Metal Gear?! Nintendo, with Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third, have showed us that it is interested in more "mature" games, and so the players. Plus, they have alredy worked on a MGS game (The Twin Snakes), so they have an idea of how doing it. Also, considering what they have done with Smash and Sakurai, I could totally see them bringing back Kojima, at least as a supervisor.

And with Nintendo owning the IP, we would not only have Snake back in Smash (and in future installament), but we could even get more from it! They could add Big Boss, Ocelot, EVA, The Boss, Liquid, Vamp...the list goes on and the potential is infinitive! Plus more items, assist trophies, musics...it would be a dream!

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
I've had *so* many dreams of playing as Snake in Smash 4 over the past several months. Across all of the dreams, I still remember feeling the bliss of landing combos as the man and seeing him on the victory screen in the glory of HD. The most disheartening part was waking up, still under the numbing effects of deep slumber, and having the urge to turn on my Wii U only to realize that it was all just an illusion.

With Konami's aggressive focus toward mobile now, I don't really see this affecting Snake's chances - maybe this was a part of their master plan all along. Perhaps way back when the roster was being discussed, Konami (who had a rough roadmap of when to eviscerate their focus of console gaming) requested to opt out Snake in favor of adding him back as DLC to around the time TPP released. When the hype reached its peak, Konami would have cashed it all in and ran off into the sunset to their new-found studio to produce Metal Gear Solid 6: Funds of the Patriots - Tactical Microtransaction Operations.

In the end, Konami would be silly to bar Snake as DLC. It's easy money for them and Nintendo; considering the amount of people that have voiced their dissatisfaction of Snake being absent in Smash 4, there clearly is an established userbase that would purchase him in a heartbeat. If this isn't the case, then Sakurai would probably push for him - he wants to please as many fans as possible by bringing back a cut fighter with a unique moveset whilst honoring the legacy of his friend's series.

I probably don't know what I'm saying since it's late and I'm beyond exhausted.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I have a question: if Snake return (pleaze samurai) but not changed at all. What buff and nerf he will have with SSB4 physic?

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I have a question: if Snake return (pleaze samurai) but not changed at all. What buff and nerf he will have with SSB4 physic?
I think they will adjust some of his hit-boxes, and maybe a little lighter and quick.
For the rest I don't see what else to change.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I think they will adjust some of his hit-boxes, and maybe a little lighter and quick.
For the rest I don't see what else to change.
Euh thanks for answering my question but it was not exactly what i was thinking. My question was if Snake return in SSB4 but not changed at all, what buff and nerf the engine of SSB4 he will get. (for exemple, maybe have better combo with the hitsun of SSB4?)

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Euh thanks for answering my question but it was not exactly what i was thinking. My question was if Snake return in SSB4 but not changed at all, what buff and nerf the engine of SSB4 he will get. (for exemple, maybe have better combo with the hitsun of SSB4?)
Ah, my bad.
I'm not very expert about these things. The only thing that comes in my mind is that he would not be vulnerable to chain grab anymore since that mechanic has been removed.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So anyone looking forward to Koji Igarashi's new game? David Hayter is voice a character in it.

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
That **** caught up to Yooka Laylee with half the number of backers. Then again, the reward tiers are all much more expensive.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The whole thing with Konami backing out of the console game business or whatever is making me worry even more for Snake's return. Plus the Silent Hills cancelation and the fact that I'd miss Konami's franchises.

It's just sad that it had to come to this, really.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
EDIT: I just realized how much of a downer the ending of my post is. So to end my post on a lighter note, I found a new, very convincing Snake DLC leak! I'm a little skeptical, but it seems pretty realistic.
[collapse=PrepairYourself]

[/collapse]
You know, I think this is a leak for the new Balloon Fight remake.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sega-Moving-Away-From-Console-Games-69768.html
Not necessarily stick with them, but mobile is now sega's main focus.
We'll still get sonic games on consoles, but that's about it.
rip in jet set radio
The whole thing with Konami backing out of the console game business or whatever is making me worry even more for Snake's return. Plus the Silent Hills cancelation and the fact that I'd miss Konami's franchises.

It's just sad that it had to come to this, really.
IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER WAAAAAAAAAAAAY
*coughbringbackptcough*

ExtDoc

Smash Cadet
NNID
ExtDoctor
3DS FC
3626-0833-5755
Switch FC
SW-5883-4164-4801
Hey, I'm new to this thread. Just wanted to let everyone know I've been a supporter of Snake DLC since even before the Smash Ballot was announced, and I've voted for him 17 times and counting.

I believe Snake has a very good chance of sneaking back into battle for numerous reasons. First, people say he won't get back in because MGS5 isn't going to be on Wii U. Bull****. When Brawl came out, MGS4 was on the verge of releasing for PS3 and XB360, but not Wii. If it didn't stop them then, why now? Second, MGS3 3D has actually come out for 3DS since Brawl (In 2012, to be exact,) which definitely helps his chances greatly. Third is the simple fact that they seem to be re-introducing lots of cut veterans into Sm4sh as DLC. So why not Snake? He's definitely one of the most popular votes for veterans, and while it would be nice to see a new fighter join the fray, my support lies entirely with Snake.

I give him a "Solid" 50/50 chance.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well this definitely sums it up.

[collapse=Strong language]

[/collapse]
If Sega loses my respect after all the constant **** ups they had done, then the same would be the case for Konami since they are no longer considered great in my eyes. From ruining the Castlevania franchise to firing Kojima, they had now stooped to an extreme low in front of it's own fans. If there's one way to make up for this atrocity, it would be for Sakurai to make Snake a DLC fighter as a final goodbye to the franchise. Might as well prepare for the worse when Crapcom and Squeenix suffer from these problems in the future. :rolleyes:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That irrelevant, he's not gonna ever return.
Oh, it's you again...

How have you been? Still hating Snake I see.

If Sega loses my respect after all the constant **** ups they had done, then the same would be the case for Konami since they are no longer considered great in my eyes. From ruining the Castlevania franchise to firing Kojima, they had now stooped to an extreme low in front of it's own fans. If there's one way to make up for this atrocity, it would be for Sakurai to make Snake a DLC fighter as a final goodbye to the franchise. Might as well prepare for the worse when Crapcom and Squeenix suffer from these problems in the future. :rolleyes:
Nintendo and Sony are literally the only two respectable Japanese companies left, in my eyes at least. (Not including little studios like Platinum Games, From Software, Etc.)

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Oh, it's you again...

How have you been? Still hating Snake I see.
Which is why you liked my post?

I don't hate Snake, I'm just using common sense. Metal Gear isn't associated with Nintendo anymore. In Brawl, Sakurai did it at the request of his friend, Kojima, and Metal Gear's future was unknown at the time. Now, Konami is dying, and they've publicly admitted to go mobile in the future. Kojima has been ousted, so Sakurai has no reason to do it for him anymore, since Kojima likely has no control over the Metal Gear IP. And, Konami has refused to put Metal Gear Solid V on the Wii U. Simply put, Snake has no reason to be in a NINTENDO all star game anymore.

Now, try and present any rational counterargument to me.

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman

I don't hate Snake, I'm just using common sense. Metal Gear isn't associated with Nintendo anymore. In Brawl, Sakurai did it at the request of his friend, Kojima, and Metal Gear's future was unknown at the time. Now, Konami is dying, and they've publicly admitted to go mobile in the future. Kojima has been ousted, so Sakurai has no reason to do it for him anymore, since Kojima likely has no control over the Metal Gear IP. And, Konami has refused to put Metal Gear Solid V on the Wii U. Simply put, Snake has no reason to be in a NINTENDO all star game anymore.

Metal Gear is still on Nintendo.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Metal Gear is still on Nintendo.

wow, what a revolutionary game! Because of this game, Snake will go down in history as one of the greatest video game characters to exist in Nintendo history, alongside Sonic, MegaMan, and Pac-Man. I was so wrong, Snake will now 100% be in Smash 4!

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Because Pac-Man is well known for his history with Nintendo and not his arcade cabinet.

Because Sonic is well known for his terrible games past the Dreamcast and not the Genesis originals.

Because Ryu and Street Fighter have totally been at home on Nintendo consoles all these years.

GG.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
wow, what a revolutionary game! Because of this game, Snake will go down in history as one of the greatest video game characters to exist in Nintendo history, alongside Sonic, MegaMan, and Pac-Man. I was so wrong, Snake will now 100% be in Smash 4!
Wow! Pac-man and Sonic and Mega Man have all had SUCH revolutionary games in the past 5 years! You're right man!

Sarcasm sucks.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

He likes everybody's post. It's part of what makes this thread one of the best on Smashboards.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because Pac-Man is well known for his history with Nintendo and not his arcade cabinet.

Because Sonic is well known for his terrible games past the Dreamcast and not the Genesis originals.

Because Ryu and Street Fighter have totally been at home on Nintendo consoles all these years.

GG.
Is it wrong that I read this in Snake's voice and laughed afterwards?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Is it wrong that I read this in Snake's voice and laughed afterwards?
I'm sorry Snake, this time they wanted to keep the event more "Nintendo exclusive," please understand.

"Nintendo exclusive?" How many people ran out to buy Boom, Ghostly Adventures, and Lege... scratch that last one.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
He still has more history with Nintendo than snake does.

Which character made it back though.

Ryu has shown up countless times on Nintendo consoles through crossovers ,and cameos far more than snake has the most recent example that comes to mind is Project X Zone.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Relevance =/= Likeliness, at least at this stage. What matters is fan demand, moveset potential, and Sakurai's graces. Snake has all of these.
Snake is a veteran, that means less work than a completely new character, and Sakurai did have him put in for a reason.
Snake is a highly requested character.
Snake has one of the most unique movesets in Smash history.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Nobody asked them to come here, so at best this is simply a poor attempt to garner reactions. Just let it slide.

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
So, does anyone have any advice against The Boss in MGS3? I have beaten the game numberous times before, but the 3DS has some sort of weird camera angle with that battle, the camera is restricted. Anyway, because of this, I had to use run and tranq tactics, which sorta failed on Hard. I'm now trying to beat her with CQC slams and tranq's, but I can't seem to reliably beat her in CQC. I know you have to press the CQC button after Snake grunts, but any other advice?

Top Bottom