• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
One time I cracked under tourney pressure early on in my smash career and shield dropped two grenades on myself and blew up my shield. Then accidentally paused in the button mashing to escape the stun. On stream.

It was great.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I actually have a pretty recent story myself.

I've been interested in competitive Smash for around 4 years now. I consider myself to be somewhat decent at the game, and though I play all the Smash Bros games pretty often, I always play against the same group of friends. So last month, my brother convinced me to join a Project M tournament him and his friends were hosting. Since I've never been in an actual tournament before, I thought it would be fun to join. The tournament had a winners and loser's bracket, but only one round to keep the tournament going quickly. Most of his friends had high level knowledge of competitive Smash, so it wasn't going to be easy. I of course decided to use Snake only for the tournament.

The match went extremely well, my opponent was one of the only people who joined the tournament without any PM knowledge, so it was an easy 4-stock. My next match however, was a completely different story. My opponent was a Marth who was basically on-par with my skill level. The match was very tight, and with this being my first tournament, I was very nervous. When we both had only 1 stock left, I was getting ledge guarded pretty hard. I was loosing all of my composure, and before I knew it, I Cyphered under the bottom platform of battlefield, towards my death. I felt a little embarrassed about the ending, and since there was only one round per match, I couldn't redeem myself unless I could come back in the losers bracket.

So after that match, I was determined to make a comeback. I managed to win my way through the losers bracket, until the losers semi-finals. I was once again matched up with the same Marth that dominated me on my last stock. I was mostly over my tourney pressure from the first round, and I was super determined to win. The match was even tighter than the first match against the Marth, but I just barely won that match! It might not seem like much, but that match felt so worth it. I ended up loosing the tournament in the losers final to my brother, who ended up getting second overall in the tournament, but that didn't matter, because that was my first tournament, and I actually did ok! And after that tournament, now I want my main back more than ever Dx

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
One time I cracked under tourney pressure early on in my smash career and shield dropped two grenades on myself and blew up my shield. Then accidentally paused in the button mashing to escape the stun. On stream.

It was great.
Please. Do you have a video? That sounds hilarious.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

"Get me a private meeting with Sakurai or the bird kid dies!"

I remember this so fondly.

When it was in English.

:p

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The Spanish makes it look like a scene from a soap opera.
"I'm sorry Snake, but I am seeing someone else!"

"L-Liquid? My own twin?! How could you!?!"

Completely unrelated to the picture, but that was the first thing that came to mind. :laugh:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
After "firing" Kojima, Konami became dead to me. I am buying MGSV:TPP, and if they were to remake MG games using the Fox engine, and are good, then I would buy them. Other than that and Virtual Console releases, they are dead to me.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
After "firing" Kojima, Konami became dead to me. I am buying MGSV:TPP, and if they were to remake MG games using the Fox engine, and are good, then I would buy them. Other than that and Virtual Console releases, they are dead to me.
The same goes for me...I just hope that this doesn't hurt Snake's chances to come back...
C'mon, Nintendo! You've already saved Mega Man and Bayonetta, now save Snake!

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Oh man.... that's so unfortunate to hear about Konami. Hopefully this doesn't affect Snake's chances too much (before everyone starts tackling me, I'm well aware that there are many reasons why it doesn't, but I'm just sayin)

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I don't think this would affect Snake's chances too much. Sakurai stated that he wanted to please as many fans as possible with DLC, and he's probably aware that Snake was a very beloved character in Brawl. I don't think Sakurai wanted to get rid of Snake considering how much love was put into Snake's moveset and original content in brawl. Though from a marketing standpoint, I can see why adding a character from a dying company might be a bad business move. But with Sakurai being a Metal Gear fan, maybe he will take this opportunity to give one big salute to the franchise, as it might not be around much longer after The Phantom Pain.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I have a recent Snake story to share as well. Though its not Brawl related, it was a dream I had that involved Snake and Smash Bros. I was going to share this yesterday, but I didn't want to suddenly kill the Snake Story streak with a tragic one.

In this dream, SSB3DS suddenly had a version 1.08 update. I had no idea what it did.
Then I had a match as Mewtwo against Ness. Suddenly...

"CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"

I set the 3DS down to scream. The shadow belonged to Snake.
:snake::snake::snake::snake:
When I could finally bring myself to start the match, I saw that the Snake I was fighting was actually Big Boss in his MGS3 sneaking suit, and I recall him still using the RPG as a side smash. I managed to defeat him and unlock him, praising Sakurai for giving Snake such a sneaky way to join the roster (and, you know, a free dlc character).
Only thing that didn't make sense was the stage I fought him on was Lylat Cruise, which A) wasn't in SSB3DS. B) Isn't his home stage. But that was an afterthought.

Now, the tragic part of the dream? I woke up. And it took me a minute to realize it was only a dream and Snake wasn't in Sm4sh.:c

I basically felt like everyone does when they listen to this track after that.

[

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So yeah, Konami has pretty much admitted they're no longer a console game developer anymore.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1046059

What a shame.
How to become worst than EA, Capcom and Ubisoft combined in less than 2 weeks

First sega, now Konami, who's next?
No wonder kojima left.
Sega still said they were sticking with consoles, they aren't leaving, Konami just flat out said we were done after MGSV. Any game we have on consoles will either be a re release or a Metal Gear Homecoming and Downpour

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
They're honestly shooting themselves in the foot. I don't see mobile being the future of gaming, and in a few years, people's interest in freemium no-effort mobile time wasters will dwindle significantly. The mobile market is oversaturating with stupid high amounts of garbage and cash-grabs. It's looking like an accelerated 1983 video game crash. I don't know a single person who's paid money for any mobile game within the last 3 years because it's not worth it, and eventually, even rich people will feel like it's a waste.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
After all this good game that Konami have do over the years and now they just decide like to say to all of their fan they won't make game anymore on console/PC? Man, there is better way to commed a suicide. Or at least, you know, NOT SAID AT THEIR FAN TO GO TO HELL?! Really, i don't know the logic behind it. The mobile will never permet to Konami to survive, that's just like create is own tomb. Mother of god...Snake, you have to return here before it's to late!:snake:

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
So many amazing IPs gone to waste. I mean, not Konami went down, they took Hudson Soft with them (though ages ago).
HOLY STOOGIES, THAT'S A COOL SIG!
Yeah, Konami has have a bunch of IPs go to waste.
I hope they find better homes. ._.
Especially Silent Hill and MGS.
Who would you prefer they went to, however?
My choice would be MGS and Silent Hills = Sony, while Everything Else = Nintendo.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
HOLY STOOGIES, THAT'S A COOL SIG!
Yeah, Konami has have a bunch of IPs go to waste.
I hope they find better homes. ._.
Especially Silent Hill and MGS.
Who would you prefer they went to, however?
My choice would be MGS and Silent Hills = Sony, while Everything Else = Nintendo.
The kid-friendly franchises should go over to Nintendo while the mature ones go to Sony.

Then again, Nintendo hasn't shied away from mature games, so it could go either way.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everything Nintendo. All of it. It'd be nice to have some dedicated mature franchises. And Nintendo's the least corrupt of the AAA modern game devs.

Also I want Kojima to make a Zelda game.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I have a recent Snake story to share as well. Though its not Brawl related, it was a dream I had that involved Snake and Smash Bros. I was going to share this yesterday, but I didn't want to suddenly kill the Snake Story streak with a tragic one.

In this dream, SSB3DS suddenly had a version 1.08 update. I had no idea what it did.
Then I had a match as Mewtwo against Ness. Suddenly...

"CHALLENGER APPROACHING!"

I set the 3DS down to scream. The shadow belonged to Snake.
:snake::snake::snake::snake:
When I could finally bring myself to start the match, I saw that the Snake I was fighting was actually Big Boss in his MGS3 sneaking suit, and I recall him still using the RPG as a side smash. I managed to defeat him and unlock him, praising Sakurai for giving Snake such a sneaky way to join the roster (and, you know, a free dlc character).
Only thing that didn't make sense was the stage I fought him on was Lylat Cruise, which A) wasn't in SSB3DS. B) Isn't his home stage. But that was an afterthought.

Now, the tragic part of the dream? I woke up. And it took me a minute to realize it was only a dream and Snake wasn't in Sm4sh.:c

I basically felt like everyone does when they listen to this track after that.

[
Actually, on the topic of dreams, I also had one about a month ago. I was going to this big horror play and I got to sit by Sakurai himself! He didn't really say much, but sometime after he pulled out his 3DS and began to play on this new stage. I actually still have it in mind and it was actually pretty creative (maybe I'll have to pull it out sometime for one of my own stages) and I look on the bottom screen and there I saw him: Snake in his glory. I began to freak out and Sakurai told me I couldn't tell anyone or something. He went to the character select screen and there were three pages of characters in the roster. Yes, 3 pages. But most of them were Pokemon and from that point I realized I was dreaming haha. Those dreams are always pretty silly.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
How funny would it be if Konami ended up selling their IPs and Nintendo actually bought up Metal Gear?

Even if Konami still owns the Metal Gear Franchise and leaves the industry, they could still farm out Snake for Smash. I think any deals that needed to be made to include our sneaky hero may have already been made prior.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Well, seeing as how Nintendo doesn't shy away from Mature games like MGS nor horror games like Silent Hills (a la Fatal Frame), I think all IPs going to Nintendo is the best idea.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
How to become worst than EA, Capcom and Ubisoft combined in less than 2 weeks

Sega still said they were sticking with consoles, they aren't leaving, Konami just flat out said we were done after MGSV. Any game we have on consoles will either be a re release or a Metal Gear Homecoming and Downpour
http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Sega-Moving-Away-From-Console-Games-69768.html
Not necessarily stick with them, but mobile is now sega's main focus.
We'll still get sonic games on consoles, but that's about it.

Top Bottom