• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
never interacted with a skunk before…also never seen one in person outside of being in a car

but I know Pepé Le Pew, so I know not to be near them

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah but In punch out you get stars by hitting opponents during specific frames of their attack patterns. How would you translate that to smash?
A jab out of parry (which is already guaranteed in Ult) or perhaps hitting a character out of an attack, also with a jab and/or F-Tilt

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. One thing I definitely prefer about NES Punch-Out to Wii Punch-Out is that in the NES game, it doesn't matter which direction you dodge. Dodge left, dodge right, it doesn't matter. If you got the timing right you got out of the way. In Punch-Out Wii they decided to make it harder by making it so that if you aren't paying close attention on certain attacks then you can dodge INTO their attacks. Really frustrating.

Like. The game is great. Don't get me wrong. Way better than Super Punch-Out or the Arcade games. But I just wish that sometimes it didn't require you to be so precise.

Now apparently they compensated for this by giving every boxer one hit knock downs if you know exactly what to do... but like... figuring that out without looking it up apparently requires a lot of trial and error because the only ones I've discovered are Von Kaiser's and Bald Bull's... because they're the same as the ones in the NES game...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's interesting how Doc Louis's Punch-Out is just the tutorial/training mode Punch-Out Wii should have had. Wouldn't surprise me if they had been working on it for base game and didn't finish it in time and then Nintendo told them to make it a WiiWare Club Nintendo title.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder what caused the developers of Punch-Out Wii to turn Aran Ryan into a cheating masochistic sociopath? He's nothing like that in Super Punch-Out.
Guessing its a mix of Super Punch Out where his coach tells him to grab you, which is 100% illegal in boxing, along with the stereotype that Irish are just violent(Fighting Irish, etc).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Guessing its a mix of Super Punch Out where his coach tells him to grab you, which is 100% illegal in boxing, along with the stereotype that Irish are just violent(Fighting Irish, etc).
Except the move he uses in that game is a clinch, which is legal in boxing.

You’re probably right about the fighting Irish thing though.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Disney: “Man people really didn’t like Wish. Could it be that we need to hire better script writers, song writers, put more effort into the animation, the characters, and just make better movies?”

Also Disney: “Nah, it’s obvious that audiences just don’t want original stories anymore. We’ll focus on sequels for a while. Here’s Frozen 5 and Toy Story 7!”

I love Disney but I cannot stand them some times :217:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Here is my question: do you need to get rid of the Wii U to get cash?
I ask this because I get the impression that you're not gelling well with the classic Zelda formula that BotW broke away from.
I don't plan on selling it, I plan on throwing it away. My Wii U is not in good enough shape to be sold and just takes up space in my room. Plus it's a Wii U, it's inherently pathetic.

I'm not entirely sure I don't vibe with the classic Zelda formula. I beat Ocarina of Time in 2019 and had a lot of fun with it, I'm just not always in the mood for that type of game.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Disney: “Man people really didn’t like Wish. Could it be that we need to hire better script writers, song writers, put more effort into the animation, the characters, and just make better movies?”

Also Disney: “Nah, it’s obvious that audiences just don’t want original stories anymore. We’ll focus on sequels for a while. Here’s Frozen 5 and Toy Story 7!”

Says a lot about Disney's reputation that I thought that those were real movies Disney just announced...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
One thing I can’t stand about visual novels is when characters just repeat someone’s lines in the middle of the conversation.

Sosuke: “So I went to McDonald’s.”
Kimiko-Chan: “McDonald’s…?”
Sosuke: “Yeah I wanted a Big Mac.”
Kimiko-Chan: “A Big Mac…?”
Sosuke: “And the ice cream machine was broken.”
Kimiko-Chan: “Broken…?”
Kimiko-chan just has echolalia, give her a break.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

But those sequels were announced before Wish released.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One thing I can’t stand about visual novels is when characters just repeat someone’s lines in the middle of the conversation.

Tbh this is moreso a culture shock thing, I guess? It's a very Japanese thing and needs careful consideration during localization to make it less repetitive, one example I can think of is in the Trails games where they take scenes just like this and flesh out the dialogue when able to to something like idk
Kimiko-Chan: “You felt like eating out?"
Kimiko-Chan: “Oh ok, did something happen?”
Kimiko-Chan: “What, again?”

Idk I'm not a writer and idk what you were reading but I'm pretty sure this is a thing in like, Pokemon, Paper Mario, anything else you enjoy

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

osby

Smash Obsessed

You play visual novels?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tears of the Kingdom one year later
1715521448526.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So gameplay of Marvel Rivals is outband the game actually looks like Overwatch... but good?
Are you comparing it to modern Overwatch/Overwatch 2?

Haven't seen any footage of Marvel Rivals, but Overwatch used to be good...The update to 2 ruined it and it hasn't done much to go back uphill again since.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Are you comparing it to modern Overwatch/Overwatch 2?

Haven't seen any footage of Marvel Rivals, but Overwatch used to be good...The update to 2 ruined it and it hasn't done much to go back uphill again since.
OW2. However people signed a waiver that makes it impossible to make a negative review of the game so who knows.

In unrelated news, there's a rumor floating around that a new Sly Cooper game is in the works

Top Bottom