• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I wonder how feasible it would be to incorporate the Star Punch system into Little Mac's Smash Moveset in place of the Power Meter?... Like how would you reward Mac with Stars?

Noipoi

Howdy!
One thing I can’t stand about visual novels is when characters just repeat someone’s lines in the middle of the conversation.

Sosuke: “So I went to McDonald’s.”
Kimiko-Chan: “McDonald’s…?”
Sosuke: “Yeah I wanted a Big Mac.”
Kimiko-Chan: “A Big Mac…?”
Sosuke: “And the ice cream machine was broken.”
Kimiko-Chan: “Broken…?”

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
One thing I can’t stand about visual novels is when characters just repeat someone’s lines in the middle of the conversation.

Bottom text

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm thinking of putting off Wind Waker for a while longer. I don't know if I'm in the mood to play this game at the moment and I don't want to force myself to play it and Twilight Princess just to get rid of my Wii U.

How good is Wii U emulation? I might get rid of the console and then just emulate those remasters if emulation for this system is advanced enough

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Noi, stop! You'll give McDonald's the idea to make a rival game to KFC's own official visual novel!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
.> Goes to a website to download a game's OST
.> Clicks download all songs at once
.> "We're sorry. This mass downloads feature is for registered users only*
.> Makes an account
.> Tries to download all songs at once again
.> "We're sorry. Mass downloads is no longer available for all registered users. You must give back to the site to able to!"

roy.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
.> Goes to a website to download a game's OST
.> Clicks download all songs at once
.> "We're sorry. This mass downloads feature is for registered users only*
.> Makes an account
.> Tries to download all songs at once again
.> "We're sorry. Mass downloads is no longer available for all registered users. You must give back to the site to able to!"

View attachment 389168
Good old KHInsider

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Decision?

Like, having to have the ref decide?

Ryan's got insta knockdown if you know where to use your star punch. A lot of opponents do.
I can't even get any stars from that joker. It took me forever to figure out how to get him into a stun lock, and the one free star he gives me he takes away a second later. I'll play against him again in exhibition mode and see if I can figure out the groove to his fight.

It makes sense that the fights I had the hardest time with were with the fighters who aren't in the NES game (with the exception of Disco Kid, he was pretty easy). Bear Hugger and Aran Ryan were ******* because I had never fought a version of them before. Great Tiger and Don Flamenco were a little difficult too, but that's only because the timing is different from the NES game there. In that game it's instant dodge as soon as they start their animation. But now they enter a longer windup phase so you really should only dodge when they blink red and that keeps ****ing with me.

And yeah, all the fighters in World Circuit are HARD but I still felt like I knew what I was doing.

I guess I just need to play/practice the Wii Game more. I just play the NES game A LOT. It's one of the only NES games I regularly go back to just for fun.

Shroob

Sup?
I can't even get any stars from that joker. It took me forever to figure out how to get him into a stun lock, and the one free star he gives me he takes away a second later. I'll play against him again in exhibition mode and see if I can figure out the groove to his fight.

It makes sense that the fights I had the hardest time with were with the fighters who aren't in the NES game (with the exception of Disco Kid, he was pretty easy). Bear Hugger and Aran Ryan were ******* because I had never fought a version of them before. Great Tiger and Don Flamenco were a little difficult too, but that's only because the timing is different from the NES game there. In that game it's instant dodge as soon as they start their animation. But now they enter a longer windup phase so you really should only dodge when they blink red and that keeps ****ing with me.

And yeah, all the fighters in World Circuit are HARD but I still felt like I knew what I was doing.

I guess I just need to play/practice the Wii Game more. I just play the NES game A LOT. It's one of the only NES games I regularly go back to just for fun.
Fun fact, you can star punch him when he's coming to take a swing at you when he's going down.

I don't remember if that's on normal mode or title defense, but if you hit him then, it's a knockout.

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'm thinking of putting off Wind Waker for a while longer. I don't know if I'm in the mood to play this game at the moment and I don't want to force myself to play it and Twilight Princess just to get rid of my Wii U.

How good is Wii U emulation? I might get rid of the console and then just emulate those remasters if emulation for this system is advanced enough
Here is my question: do you need to get rid of the Wii U to get cash?
I ask this because I get the impression that you're not gelling well with the classic Zelda formula that BotW broke away from.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What are you asking Snake to do here?
See, she’s saying Aran Ryan won’t give her any stars. As in the star mechanic in Punch-Out!!

But in a comedic twist, I interpreted it as her saying he wouldn’t give her any stars, as in a good rating. Like she owned a restaurant or something.

IMG_8736.jpeg

It was a joke, son. It went over your head. Flew right past ya.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
See, she’s saying Aran Ryan won’t give her any stars. As in the star mechanic in Punch-Out!!

But in a comedic twist, I interpreted it as her saying he wouldn’t give her any stars, as in a good rating. Like she owned a restaurant or something.

View attachment 389169

It was a joke, son. It went over your head. Flew right past ya.
Oh. I thought it was a sex thing. Thank goodness.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The thing is, the fights in Punch Out Wii are basically scripted battles where the main gimmick is just learning what comes when.
Yeah. I know. But I still think it could work. Enemy boxers just wouldn’t be able to dodge, freeing up the directional buttons for triggering their special anbilities, and you’ed have to use your own moves when they’re weaker.

Like yeah it would be clunky and not Fighting Game caliber at all. But it would still be a fun novelty to mess around with.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
What, did they make Gabby the villain?
Not at first, though that may be changing too.

Ellie is my second favorite character though, and they took the most steaming dump on her imaginable. Tried to make her the most spiteful, nasty woman in the history of the world.

Literally the only thing keeping me from just dropping the whole season is that Riya (my third favorite character) has been honestly amazing, but seeing a character I really, really love dragged so thoroughly through the mud has just made it hard to bear.

Like, ask a Total Drama fan how they felt about Duncan's writing during its All-Stars season, and you'll see they felt a pretty similar way.

Dang between Disventure Camp, Total Drama and Hell's Kitchen, All-Stars seasons seem to be cursed.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Been a skunk around my neighborhood. Saw it on someone's front yard tonight coming back from work.

Decided to warn everyone I knew that had dogs so they wouldn't get sprayed. Called pest control, they told me to given its this time of the year they're bearing young and will eventually move out of the area.

Just want best for both dogs and wildlife.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Been a skunk around my neighborhood. Saw it on someone's front yard tonight coming back from work.

Decided to warn everyone I knew that had dogs so they wouldn't get sprayed. Called pest control, they told me to given its this time of the year they're bearing young and will eventually move out of the area.

Just want best for both dogs and wildlife.
Yeah that was me. Sorry.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I have returned to playing Shovel Knight to complete the King of Cards campaign.

And now remember why I thought Shovel Knight as a whole is a difficult game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Skunks can be cute but they're very much not something you want to deal with in the wild.

One time a skunk got into my family's backyard and tore the grass digging for grubs and other bugs in the ground. We thought it was a gopher at first until the holes got too destructive and we found that they showed no signs of tunnels, then a raccoon because of how strong their paws and claws are, only to discover one night that, nope, it was a skunk.

Never knew that skunks were extremely adept at digging until that day.

Top Bottom