• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Does anyone here play Quickplax or Elite Smash much anymore?

Or is the general consensus that they aren't very good (or at least polished) online modes?
Quickplay/Elite is full of degenerates who abuse awful rule sets and play super cheesy and campy just to grind GSP.

I stick to arenas because people are more likely to hang around for a while and the competition seems better overall.

:ghost088:

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
gained my first Pokémon card pack and got the following
  • Vulpix (recognized this one through Smash)
  • Drowzee (…won’t explain why I know of him via his evolution)
  • Growlithe (same)
  • Misdreavus, Wailmer, Toxicroak, and Crobat (don’t know em)
  • Water and V Guard Energy Cards
  • An unidentified fossil, and…
  • Torracat, who I instantly recognized due to his Incineroar evolution

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
  • Growlithe (same)
Sometimes I hate that I know these characters.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Does anyone here play Quickplax or Elite Smash much anymore?

Or is the general consensus that they aren't very good (or at least polished) online modes?
I would play on occassion but my TV is broken so I can't play docked (and therefore not without a lan adapter).

I do think Quickplay is a poorly designed mode, mostly because of the whole custom ruleset thing was never going to work in random match making. But the alternative in lobbies, imo, were evem worse since only one match can happen at a time so you spend so much time jusr waiting.

Shroob

Sup?
  • Growlithe (same)
Everyone knows Hypno.

Whether they want to or not.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I’d say you should be honored to know them

massive life regret
Except I am not particularly a huge fan of Pokemon. Anytime I have ever gotten into a game it is because there was nothing else out/coming out that I wanted to play. Lol.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Except I am not particularly a huge fan of Pokemon. Anytime I have ever gotten into a game it is because there was nothing else out/coming out that I wanted to play. Lol.
perhaps one day someone will take your unintended power…either that or you’ll slowly erase a chunk of Pokémon info from your brain

Reactions: Cyn

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 last night, and it felt like a return to form for Marvel. Since Spider-Man: No Way Home, I've generally liked the movies, but there was usually some sort of issue:

• Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness had great direction, but I thought that the writing was really bad, especially where the Scarlet Witch was involved (it felt like character derailment)
  • Thor: Love and Thunder was a funny movie, but it focused so much on the comedy that the dramatic aspects suffered for it, and Christian Bale was almost completely wasted as Gorr the God Butcher. (Ragnarok struck a better balance between comedy and seriousness, with Hela being a great villain)
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever was a great movie, but I need to be in the right mindset to rewatch a three hour movie about grief and loss. (amazing movie, but not a fun time)
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania tried to build up Kang as a huge threat but wound up undermining him a bit (though I get that he didn't have access to his resources), and the lack of Cassie's mom and step-dad, and Scott's ex-con friends, took away from the heart that made previous Ant-Man movies so refreshing
In comparison, I had no issues with Guardians 3 - a great balance of heart and humour, with bits of horror (or at least gruesomeness) thrown in (I feel like some kids are going to be traumatized by a shot near the end). I feel like some people are going to be annoyed with how Adam Warlock was treated, but as someone who's mainly familiar with him through the Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War comics, he came across as a Mary Sue to me in the comics - he's stronger and smarter than all of the established heroes (who are killed or used as pawns in order to make him look better, though they're revived by the end), a master planner, and his only flaw is that he doesn't tell people about his plans until after the fact, which doesn't matter because they all work out in the end anyway. His flaws in this made him more interesting, though he doesn't get a ton of screentime. I got a bit choked up at the end, and I can't wait to see what James Gunn does with Superman.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

If this doesn't bring the Executives to the negotiating table, I don't know what will.
Saw this one a few days ago:

Other than that, I do hope the writers will get the respect they deserve.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So someone leaked the five nights at Freddy’s movie trailer. Not the best quality, but the most important shot is crystal clear so that’s pretty sweet.

Animatronics look great:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So someone leaked the five nights at Freddy’s movie trailer. Not the best quality, but the most important shot is crystal clear so that’s pretty sweet.

Animatronics look great:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
That looks great! I am now interested in this movie more!

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spidey, Guardians, Cap, Iron Man, and Ant-Man
(Thor would be 5th if his was added in…and Avengers at the top)

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Heck I just tried playing in the Splatfest and out of like 10 games I haven't won a single one, jeeze.

Getting walloped that badly is pretty demoralizing but go Team Wisdom I guess.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spidey, Guardians, Cap, Iron Man, and Ant-Man
(Thor would be 5th if his was added in…and Avengers at the top)
1. Guardians Trilogy
2. Guardians Trilogy
3. Guardians Trilogy
4. Guardians Trilogy
5. Guardians Trilogy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Just got back from guardians. Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy.

Also if I had a nickel every time Chris pratt was in a movie this year that played no sleep in Brooklyn, I’ve have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is really sad to see what became of this channel and I too am glad that I unsubsribed from that channel years ago.
mans used to be mostly calm and chill, now he’s a downgraded creature
Just got back from guardians. Fantastic conclusion to the trilogy.

Also if I had a nickel every time Chris pratt was in a movie this year that played no sleep in Brooklyn, I’ve have two nickels. Which isn’t a lot but it’s weird that it happened twice.
and 2 months in a row at that
Banned for nudity
damn they got both you and noi. Guess it’s only me and Pumpkaboo left to represent the black community in this server

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It's not Noi's fault that one of the most important grunge albums from the 90s has that cover

Like damn this cover just obscene

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I was worried someone posted cheese pizza, good to know it was just that Nirvana album.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Now that I got to hear the voice acting for the Mario movie again, I'm soon going to compose a tier list ranking each of the voice actors who have provided English voices for Mario & Luigi (besides Charles Martinet)

Top Bottom