• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm just saying. They did a vocal credits theme for Scarlet and Violet.

We could get Kiseki with vocals this time since that theme does have lyrics
I can’t believe they’re getting Ice Spice to sing Kiseki

Nah fr I’d probably cry if that happened I’m such a softy

Kalos introduced Greninja, so it's great by default.
Kalos had a lot of bangers. Greninja, Tyrantrum, Noivern, Hawlucha, Aegislash, Pyroar, Sylveon…

It’s a smaller dex, but they make it count.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Honestly yeah that's the bottom line for me.

Greninja is my favorite Pokémon of all time and that's HEAVILY influenced by Y being my first game. I'm so glad those games exist for that reason alone, even if they're not the best games in the series

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
In general, I always thought that the Kalos starters were overall peak. Greninja might be the standout but Chesnaught is a big, awesome chipmunk wrestler based on a plant I find really cool in real life, and Delphox...guys I love Delphox so much you have no idea. A flame witch who's also a fox and is part Psychic type after a tide of Fire-Fight starters? Sign me the hell up. He was my first Pokemon and I love him very, very much.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Aw, don't sweat it! We'd love to hear your experiences too, no matter how long the post ends up being
I can't promise I'll read all of it right away but I'd love to hear about your experiences with X and Y
Alright then! Will share It with ya'll!

Gen V was a really unique moment for me: It got announced while I still didn't have a 3DS, and I was blown away by the concept of a full 3D Pokémon game similar to Gale Of Darkness but on handheld and more openish.

Up until then I was doubtful about getting a 3DS because my family couldn't afford them back then as easily as a Nintendo DS or a DSi, and there wasn't any game which heavily interested me... But that changed when I heard not only about Pokémon Y, but also about the existence of Smash Bros 3DS... And that's when I learnt about both Prism Tower being a stage in the game and Classic MegaMan being a playable character.

Short context for those Who don't know: during those times I was blossoming my passion for retro gaming which started back when I researched about Pauline and the arcade games sometime after I played Mario VS DK 2 with my cousins, and through research of Marvel VS Capcom I learnt about a version of Megaman I hadn't heard before about and Who was extremely different from the "cool and current one" Who was the ones from NT Warrior and Star Force, who I grew up with. There was this period where I would look for any MvC featuring that Megaman through various rent stores without success... And for a while I gave up about being able to get a taste of how was that version.

So to go back to Smash 3DS and Gen V: between the new Pokémon games which looked awesome and MegaMan in Smash Bros being finally the way to achieve that childhood goal, I was excited about getting a 3DS at last... But the price was still a problem.
That changed when Nintendo announced the 2DS, which was cheaper and could play both Pokémon Y and Smash 3DS.

I knew what to do, told my parents about It, campaigned hard to get It for Christmas... And the rest IS history.

Got into Miiverse through Smash Bros and Pokémon Y, learnt most of my English skills there, started getting into the world of internet gaming fandoms through the site... And eventually made It to a little place called Smashboards from jumping between Wiki websites long before Fandom and Discord.

So yeah, while Pokémon Y wasn't the Pokémon games I played when I was 7 years old... I have strong fond memories of It because It was in part what kickstarted my way onto the world wide web as we know It today, and without It I probably wouldn't be on this site or my current Discord servers at all.

As for the Game itself: I remember loving It and the speculation surrounding It. I got blown away with the Ghost Girl, the power plant, the possibility of getting AZ's Floette and specially the datamine where we found out about Mega Latios and Latias and how It could have been pointing to the legendary trumpetical return of Hoenn confirmed.
Hopefully we get some more cool lore stuff from this new title.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since its launch, Jynx has been programmed in Pokémon HOME to have a form with a cry very similar to Mega Evolution distortion.

Think Jynx has a chance?

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

Gen V was a really unique moment for me: It got announced while I still didn't have a 3DS, and I was blown away by the concept of a full 3D Pokémon game similar to Gale Of Darkness but on handheld and more openish.

Up until then I was doubtful about getting a 3DS because my family couldn't afford them back then as easily as a Nintendo DS or a DSi, and there wasn't any game which heavily interested me... But that changed when I heard not only about Pokémon Y, but also about the existence of Smash Bros 3DS... And that's when I learnt about both Prism Tower being a stage in the game and Classic MegaMan being a playable character.

Short context for those Who don't know: during those times I was blossoming my passion for retro gaming which started back when I researched about Pauline and the arcade games sometime after I played Mario VS DK 2 with my cousins, and through research of Marvel VS Capcom I learnt about a version of Megaman I hadn't heard before about and Who was extremely different from the "cool and current one" Who was the ones from NT Warrior and Star Force, who I grew up with. There was this period where I would look for any MvC featuring that Megaman through various rent stores without success... And for a while I gave up about being able to get a taste of how was that version.

So to go back to Smash 3DS and Gen V: between the new Pokémon games which looked awesome and MegaMan in Smash Bros being finally the way to achieve that childhood goal, I was excited about getting a 3DS at last... But the price was still a problem.
That changed when Nintendo announced the 2DS, which was cheaper and could play both Pokémon Y and Smash 3DS.

I knew what to do, told my parents about It, campaigned hard to get It for Christmas... And the rest IS history.

Got into Miiverse through Smash Bros and Pokémon Y, learnt most of my English skills there, started getting into the world of internet gaming fandoms through the site... And eventually made It to a little place called Smashboards from jumping between Wiki websites long before Fandom and Discord.

So yeah, while Pokémon Y wasn't the Pokémon games I played when I was 7 years old... I have strong fond memories of It because It was in part what kickstarted my way onto the world wide web as we know It today, and without It I probably wouldn't be on this site or my current Discord servers at all.

As for the Game itself: I remember loving It and the speculation surrounding It. I got blown away with the Ghost Girl, the power plant, the possibility of getting AZ's Floette and specially the datamine where we found out about Mega Latios and Latias and how It could have been pointing to the legendary trumpetical return of Hoenn confirmed.

Wonderfully typed, my fellow Pokemon fan! I can tell your feelings for this game, and Smash 3DS, are strong indeed, and that's a beautiful thing.

I appreciate Delphox appreciation.
Delphox has always been my best foxy boy. I had so much fun with him. I was always sad Serena never fully evolved her Braixen in the anime. (or maybe I missed something there...idk kinda lost touch with the anime in gen V era)

Noipoi

Howdy!

Erm, actually it’s Gen VI 🤓🤓🤓

Good **** brother

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Gen 6 stans coming out if hiding is a pretty funny sight. Gamefreak fr said "your time is NOW" and then they rose from the ashes
Idk, I doubt I was EVER hiding lol, I've been pretty open about my love for Gen 6 in here afaik.

But in general I'm glad to see these remakes bring out the Kalos appreciation in here!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Gen 7 is near-universally beloved aside from maybe the cutscenes being unskippable, so I think that can be said for pretty much the entire fanbase.
It's not. Gen 7 has become very divisive in the Pokemon fandom and always has been. Mainly because the first island holds your hand way too much.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will not stop bringing up the idea of a legends game set entierly in ultra space where you play as a member of the Ultra Recon squad and the entire Dex is ultra beasts.
See I can’t fully support that because I NEED to be able to explore the islands. I’m talking free roam surfing in between each island. **** sounds like a dream.

Now if you can jump from the islands to Ultra Space and explore the other dimensions too, I’m down.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Sun and Moon are my favorite Pokémon games after Legends Arceus. Scarlet and Violet were close to beating them but you all know exactly why they don't

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also Alola is the region they introduced Tsareena so it's automatically top 3
It gave me the greatest ever so I'm chillin
778.png

Sun and Moon are my favorite Pokémon games after Legends Arceus. Scarlet and Violet were close to beating them but you all know exactly why they don't
SV is the best game on paper.

It only falls down the list for me because... well... you know

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since its launch, Jynx has been programmed in Pokémon HOME to have a form with a cry very similar to Mega Evolution distortion.

Think Jynx has a chance?
I forgot to mention that Celesteela also has a form data in HOME, though it's unclear what exactly for that.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I am mixed on Pokémon Scarlet.

On one hand It has really great writing compared to Shield, enjoyed the characters from Paldea waaaaaay more than Galar's, the main plot actually had serious stakes with the guy's dog Pokémon needing to be cured and the region's professor being dead. It was also fun to explore around and catch+fight the Pokémon in real time.

... On the other hand, I was VERY dissapointed about how they made a region based on Spain and royally skipped on doing anything with the Canary Islands. You know, the place I live in. I feel they would have been great for DLC due to the rich natural and urban diversity we have.
Not to mention all the bugs which ranged from silly to almost unpleasant to deal with.

So yeah, overall I am 😃with the story, Gameplay and characters... But also extremely 🙃 about the Canary Islands thing and the bugs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Fans: “Good lord what is happening in there”

Gamefreak: “Legends Z”

Fans: “Kalos at this time of year, this late in a generation, entirely localized inside Luminous City!?”
View attachment 385619

Gamefreak: “No, 2025”
Nintendo: "Game Freak, the fanbase is on fire!"

Game Freak: "No, Nintendo, that's just the fans' hype."

Top Bottom