• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
We're of course assuming they'll even do the Legends Arceus style of starters. They could do something different.

We might just get the Kalos starters, since we don't have X and Y remakes with them as starters releasing two months prior.

We might not get the traditional Grass Fire Water at all. Maybe we'll get brand new Pokémon, a choice of two to decide which version you're playing, could always get Eevee, or maybe there are no Pokémon trainers and you just get given a glock

Jondolio

Smash Hero
We're of course assuming they'll even do the Legends Arceus style of starters. They could do something different.

We might just get the Kalos starters, since we don't have X and Y remakes with them as starters releasing two months prior.

We might not get the traditional Grass Fire Water at all. Maybe we'll get brand new Pokémon, a choice of two to decide which version you're playing, could always get Eevee, or maybe there are no Pokémon trainers and you just get given a glock
I feel like there's a chance that we might just get the Kalos starters. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be slightly disappointed, but not too disappointed. :ultgreninja:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I feel like there's a chance that we might just get the Kalos starters. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't be slightly disappointed, but not too disappointed. :ultgreninja:
Oh damn, we could get Ash-Greninja back.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I actually wonder, based on how things were revealed, and the setting of this game. I am.... wary that the Legends subtitle might be a bit misleading.

Not necessarily a bad thing mind you, just that the game could be more drastically different to Legends Arceus than another Legends game would be originally envisioned. It's hard to imagine the Legends Arceus formula translating to a game set entirely in a city. That addictive gameplay loop of catching Pokémon might not be in this game, we might have a different method to catch Pokémon. A City setting is gonna change things entirely. Even in that teaser, Humans and Pokémon seem to be on friendlier terms, so I don't think we're gonna have to go out in wild dodging Pokémon trying to kill us.

I instead think, that the legend subtitle is being reserved for games that do something more experimental (and set in the past). It's still a mainline Pokémon game, so we're still probably doing battles. But I suspect catching Pokémon is going to be quite different

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
The Kalos Starters, Flygon, and Jynx (Home audio datamine) all seem like decent bets for Mega Evolutions. They were all also a part of the original Kalos Dex.

Including dual typings, somehow there are only 2 Electric/Ice Type Mega Evolutions currently, as well as only 3 for Grass/Poison/Ghost/Rock Types. So I would assume these are all types that could receive the most immediate attention. Assuming they care about that at all, which they probably don't.

The starters are kind of up in the air for me except for probably Snivy. Whether we'll see regional forms, Mega Evolutions, or both will be interesting to see. I would love to see Chikorita finally get a buff above all else though...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Huh? Do tell! How is this the first I've heard of this?
A few years back they found an alternate version of Jynx's cry that was in leftover Pokemon Home sound data. Presumably it was for an alternate regional form, evolution, or Mega Evolution. Because of how it sounds, and how it was coded into Home, most assume it's a scrapped Mega Evolution or Galarian form.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Guys, I'm pretty sure the "Your journey will be in Lumiose City" is a mistranslation. The Japanese tweet just says it'll begin in Lumiose City. That has a very different meaning, and would make Lumiose the equivalent of Jubilife Village from Legends Arceus.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Guys, I'm pretty sure the "Your journey will be in Lumiose City" is a mistranslation. The Japanese tweet just says it'll begin in Lumiose City. That has a very different meaning, and would make Lumiose the equivalent of Jubilife Village from Legends Arceus.
Here's coping

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Unova fans when GameFreak prioritizes am incomplete gen vs one that's complete and already got a sequel
Unova fans when they have to wait until the next gen until the "last good games" get remade (the last time we got any Unova content was 76 days ago)

Dukefire

Smash Master
I haven't seen a lot of people complaining about the Legends Z-A announcements but some Unova fans are definitely acting like this
It might end up backfiring since touching a complete unova story with no adjustment plans and right company might soil the charm.
Screenshot_20240205_080145_YouTube.jpg

It will give GameFreak time to evaluate before making their next move. If they are desperate, just go back on playing BW & BW2 on the DS/3DS (still have dream radar, get extra pokemon and items for BW2.)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Listening to X and Y music is making me realize that I have more emotional attachment to these games than I thought

Which makes sense, they were my first Pokémon games, but I always considered them among the weaker games in the franchise after I got to play the earlier games.

I am so excited for Legends Z-A, you guys have no idea

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Listening to X and Y music is making me realize that I have more emotional attachment to these games than I thought

Which makes sense, they were my first Pokémon games, but I always considered them among the weaker games in the franchise after I got to play the earlier games.

I am so excited for Legends Z-A, you guys have no idea
Yo I'm the absolute same. They were my first gen too. I'm unreasonably obsessed with the gen 6 games, I have SO many memories with them, I'm so glad Kalos is coming back I am gonna CRY

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yo I'm the absolute same. They were my first gen too. I'm unreasonably obsessed with the gen 6 games, I have SO many memories with them, I'm so glad Kalos is coming back I am gonna CRY
See I didn't think I was such a big Kalos fan but turns out my nostalgia is stronger than I thought

So yeah if they play the ending theme of X and Y in the credits for Legends Zaza I'm gonna cry like I never cried before

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Looking back, Kalos is kinda mid as ****, but at the same time I didn't get 300 hours on Pokemon X for nothing, learning about competitive battling and having some friends who were in to it helped, shame we never really did anything for ScarVio and that my Pokemon friends hate the idea of Showdown

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im normaly 220+ pounds
Today I came up at 213.
Either its from me
1) eating slowly now
2)eating less often
3) going on the cycle bike once a day for 10 or 20 minutes

Whatever it is, im losing pounds
Ill be honest, most my love for Kalos comes from my lust for Professor Sycamore but half of that is my actual love for Kalos

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
On the subject of Kalos, I was thinking about Diantha today.

A lot of people will tell you she's the worst champion (well they did until Geeta happened...) but y'know, I always kinda liked her. I dig her aesthetic and I always connected with her quite well despite her not having as strong a personality as other champions. She vibes with me.

I was wondering how you all personally felt about her since Kalos is a talking point again

Jondolio

Smash Hero

A lot of people will tell you she's the worst champion (well they did until Geeta happened...) but y'know, I always kinda liked her. I dig her aesthetic and I always connected with her quite well despite her not having as strong a personality as other champions. She vibes with me.

I was wondering how you all personally felt about her since Kalos is a talking point again
She's aight. I wish they did more with her.

I still think Geeta is worse because she has the personality of a cinder block and the easiest champion battle in the franchise and unlike Diantha the game actually did give her plenty of screentime so she can't even use that as an excuse. Diantha is still not the best tho

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

It's been years so I don't remember the details too well but an aging movie star who accepts that she's getting old and well past her prime in a game with life and death as the mascot legendaries is actually pretty cool, loved her battle theme too

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
I did also forget to mention that Diantha has a Tyrantrum on her team. In Kalos era Tyrantrum was literally my favorite Pokemon so that gives her LOTS of points with me.

The downside is that she also has an Aurorus. Which, while I don't DISLIKE it as a Pokemon, I never really found it anywhere near as cool, plus it probably has an embarrassingly awful type combo. Rock/Ice = quad weaknesses to Fighting and Steel.

And you know what Pokemon happens to have BOTH those types, has a Mega Evolution, and just gets handed to you for free?
1709138944421.png

They did not think this through

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I did also forget to mention that Diantha has a Tyrantrum on her team. In Kalos era Tyrantrum was literally my favorite Pokemon so that gives her LOTS of points with me.

The downside is that she also has an Aurorus. Which, while I don't DISLIKE it as a Pokemon, I never really found it anywhere near as cool, plus it probably has an embarrassingly awful type combo. Rock/Ice = quad weaknesses to Fighting and Steel.

And you know what Pokemon happens to have BOTH those types, has a Mega Evolution, and just gets handed to you for free?
View attachment 385633
They did not think this through
Poor Aurorus. It's a neat looking mon that had the misfortune of having the most dog**** typing possible as well as being paired up with Tyrantrum who is peak fossil Pokémon

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I would love to talk about how I lived the Kalos era back in the day as much as I did the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Teselia era... But idk, I don't think most people here would care about me writing a long text about It all compared to someone such as Jondolio or Pink Yoshi who summarized It all incredibly well in a single paragraph.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Poor Aurorus. It's a neat looking mon that had the misfortune of having the most dog**** typing possible as well as being paired up with Tyrantrum who is peak fossil Pokémon
I saw a YouTube video that suggested giving Aurorus the Fairy typing, and I think it'd fit it quite well and help it stand out more next to Tyrantrum since Fairy was the hot new typing at the time. It'd still have the unfortunate Steel quad-weakness, but the Fairy type would make Fighting less of an issue.

I would love to talk about how I lived the Kalos era back in the day as much as I did the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Teselia era... But idk, I don't think most people here would care about me writing a long text about It all compared to someone such as Jondolio or Pink Yoshi who summarized It all incredibly well in a single paragraph.
Aw, don't sweat it! We'd love to hear your experiences too, no matter how long the post ends up being

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't promise I'll read all of it right away but I'd love to hear about your experiences with X and Y

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, I’m a Black/White baby but I have a ton of nostalgia for Kalos. It was the first game where I completely followed the hype season from start to finish, the last one to come out when I was a kid. And I swore it was the best Pokémon game ever made when it came out.

You remember the credits theme, Kiseki? **** made me tear up, dude. It seriously felt like the end of the greatest Pokemon journey I’d ever embarked on.

Nowadays I think it’s sort of mid, but that’s mostly because of the missed potential. And those childhood feelings are still there. So I’m really excited for Z-A. ****’s gonna be radical.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man, I’m a Black/White baby but I have a ton of nostalgia for Kalos. It was the first game where I completely followed the hype season from start to finish, the last one to come out when I was a kid. And I swore it was the best Pokémon game ever made when it came out.

You remember the credits theme, Kiseki? **** made me tear up, dude. It seriously felt like the end of the greatest Pokemon journey I’d ever embarked on.

Nowadays I think it’s sort of mid, but that’s mostly because of the missed potential. And those childhood feelings are still there. So I’m really excited for Z-A. ****’s gonna be radical.
I'm just saying. They did a vocal credits theme for Scarlet and Violet.

We could get Kiseki with vocals this time since that song does have lyrics

Last edited:
Top Bottom