• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
The amazing thing about Godzilla vs. Kong is it's a mishmash of the following.

-Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (Zod-Doomsday, King Ghidorah-Mechagodzilla)
-Edgar Rice Burroughs's Pellucidar (Hollow Earth subplot and gravitational anomalies)
-King Kong Escapes (Kong being brought to cold environment and being used to find energy source)
-King Kong vs. Godzilla 1962 (Title and battle between titular monsters)
-Gamera 3: The Revenge of Iris (Godzilla going "rogue" subplot)
-Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 1974 (Mechagodzilla in the film and alien origin, Godzilla "teaming-up" with mammalian kaiju)
A lot of those are a stretch and/or from the same series. I mean, Godzilla has been teaming up with enemies midway through a movie to take down bigger threat since before Zack Snyder was even born.

Also I’d hardly call it being similar to the movie it’s essentially remaking an “amazing” thing :laugh:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
From what I had read from the social media reactions, its mostly been positive. Not sure if I am willing to go to a cinema to watch Black Widow and instead might consider getting it on Premier Access on Disney+.
Just a reminder though that screenings for Batman vs. Superman, Suicide Squad (2016) and Wonder Woman 1984 were also positive.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Unironically, I would love to see a live action Toy Story, but only if they animate the toys using actual replicas/toy models of the characters and not CGI.

So like a live action/stop motion Toy Story.
I’d take that over the live action Lilo and Stitch they’re working on.

Im afraid they’re gonna massacre my boy :239:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think there’s a fan video of someone doing that.
Other than the human/animal characters, it’s basically using the real life versions of the toys and having them act the scenes like Marionettes. I think they did at least the first film.
There's also a live action 3, but no 2. And for good reason: Who in real life has access to a penthouse that's across the street from a big box toy store (especially after the death of Toys R Us) so they can accurately represent Al driving ALL THE WAY TO WORK?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ok... should I cut Kuma or should I cut Jin Kazama?
Depends on what this is for - if it's a crossover, I'm not sure if Kazuya or Heihachi (assuming that you have at least one of them) would cover Jin's moveset or not; Kuma would be more unique, but he's not as important to the series as Jin is, so it could go either way.

If it's for Tekken 8 (I think you mentioned making a roster for that), I figure you could find other characters to cut. (going by the end of Tekken 7, Jin's going to be important, while Kuma's a series' mainstay like King - even if it's not the same King or Kuma, a version of that character has been in every game)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

9A023A43-FECB-4CA3-A203-F71995491954.jpeg

My shiny new cards finally got here!

I’m just waiting on the replacement copy of Emergency Call and then my Hero deck(for now, anyway) is good to go!

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
When I went to get two in a row (yes, seriously) it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. They prescribed Vicodin afterwards though :yoshi:
Well you ee the last time i tried getting this root canal done the anesthetic didnt work and i was in serious pain right as the procedure was about to start, the dentist had to move the date as a result.

I'm nervous that the anesthetic wont work this time either.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends on what this is for - if it's a crossover, I'm not sure if Kazuya or Heihachi (assuming that you have at least one of them) would cover Jin's moveset or not; Kuma would be more unique, but he's not as important to the series as Jin is, so it could go either way.

If it's for Tekken 8 (I think you mentioned making a roster for that), I figure you could find other characters to cut. (going by the end of Tekken 7, Jin's going to be important, while Kuma's a series' mainstay like King - even if it's not the same King or Kuma, a version of that character has been in every game)
Yeah. It’s for a crossover. Not Tekken 8. So.... hmm.....

Starry.

No Life Princess
ELI5 me on the Pendulum again? Whats it do for the deck? Interesting Lilith tech choice.
The pendulum is called Frightfur Meister (so you can search it with edge imp chain). The pendulum effect lets you tribute a level 4 or lower Edge Imp, Fluffal or Frightfur and then special a fiend monster from your deck of the same level. You use it to summon lilith from your deck to search for necrofusion!

KillerCage

Smash Master

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yo Shroob Shroob

Ya watch Scott The Woz? Specifically, di ya see his E3 video? I thought his thoughts on Smash were pretty interesting. Honestly, I can't help but agree with him on most of his points, and I think he outlined a lot of the reasons why speculation has gotten so boring for me these last 4 months.

I’m not a dancer. I love music, but I just can’t move to it.

But I was listening to the Sonic symphony (standing up for some reason) and I found myself dancing for a good ten minutes.

Why’s Sonic music so damn good?
No one agrees on the series overall quality.

The music, though? That stuff's universal. Sonic music just is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom