• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
So you’re just gonna work a giant dragon in the roster? I know he’s a transformed human, but he’s only in the intro for 5 seconds and ending he doesn’t have much to work with aside from sword.

How many characters are you actually putting into this?
There’s a total of 68 characters. And he’s not gonna be absolutely gigantic. I’m pulling a Sentinel with him.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dragon Spirit is basically a space shooter where you control a dragon. That dragon is the player character.

I did forget that I had KOS-MOS on there. I thought about including .hack but Namco doesn’t actually own it, it’s a manga they licensed. So that would feel like putting Goku in you know? Though it is weird that characters from it were in X Zone.
From what I understand, .hack was always meant to be a multi-media franchise encompassing anime, manga, novels, and video games. It's not just a manga that happens to be adapted into video games.

Plus, Kite, BlackRose, and Hisao debuted in the games so I don't think comparing them to Goku really works.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
From what I understand, .hack was always meant to be a multi-media franchise encompassing anime, manga, novels, and video games. It's not just a manga that happens to be adapted into video games.

Plus, Kite, BlackRose, and Hisao debuted in the games so I don't think comparing them to Goku really works.
Fair point I guess. I think I can find a place to squeeze Kite in at least.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Finally gonna check out this Demon Slayer: Mugen Train that's been all the fuss lately.

Nice, hope you end up enjoying it. It's probably the most accessible game in the series yet for newcomers.
I was gonna check out Mugen Train but probably gonna watch Fate Heaven's Feel instead.

Also Monster Hunter Rise... The Wirebugs are so fun. Introducing them has taken away an annoyance of mine in the series and that was lack of traversal mechanics.
Music is great by the way.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I need to pick out two or three Digimon for a roster I’m developing that’s a kind of... MvC but with Namco characters. Obviously Agumon/WarGreymon, but what are the other iconic/really popular Digimon I should use here?
To add on to what was already said, other Digimon you could look at would be Veemon or Gatomon. Like Agumon and Gabumon, both are popular Digimon in their own right that are connected to even more popular Digimon like Magnamon or Angewomon respectively. Some other popular choices that are more standalone would be those like Machinedramon, who's a very classic and notable enemy Digimon in the franchise, or Beezemon, who's one of the most popular from Tamers and beyond.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
To add on to what was already said, other Digimon you could look at would be Veemon or Gatomon. Like Agumon and Gabumon, both are popular Digimon in their own right that are connected to even more popular Digimon like Magnamon or Angewomon respectively. Some other popular choices that are more standalone would be those like Machinedramon, who's a very classic and notable enemy Digimon in the franchise, or Beezemon, who's one of the most popular from Tamers and beyond.
Is Renamon really all that popular or notable? I only ask because she was really the only Digimon I knew about before today along with Agumon’s line.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
just wait for this to probably affect QuantumMania the most
Like you said, this will have an affect on the events of Quantumania. But now, I kind of see why Moebius was highly passionate with jet skis.
I know that we have yet to see Richard E. Grant's character as of yet and I have a feeling he is casted as probably one of the timekeepers.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good afternoon everybody.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The Japanese have started making Amogus jokes
There was a problem fetching the tweet

If ඞ gets into Smash as a Premium Mii Costume, the ****posts from both the US and East will be legendary.
Everyday I am reminded that us americans and Japanese peoples love for stupid memes are no different from eachother

D

Deleted member

Ngl, most of my experience with digimon comes from this one ****ty P2W MMORPG game I played as a kid(Digimon Masters Online, I think I talked it about it once or twice here)and while I have played other games like Cyber Sleuth and watched almost every single season, I wouldn’t call myself an expert. I’m certain enfranchised enough to call myself a fan, but I’m not enfranchised enough to know some of the very, very obscure things at the bottom of the iceberg.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Digimon Tamers is the Halloween III of Digimon. If you know, you know.

Unrelated pic

I'm not sure how accurate that is; sure, it doesn't have anything to do with the previous two seasons, but I don't recall it being disliked by fans of the series. (I'm a bit out-of-date on the Digimon fandom, but I recall the first season and Tamers being seen as the best ones)

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I'm not sure how accurate that is; sure, it doesn't have anything to do with the previous two seasons, but I don't recall it being disliked by fans of the series. (I'm a bit out-of-date on the Digimon fandom, but I recall the first season and Tamers being seen as the best ones)
Well not only are the first two installments unrelated, but they are in-universe media content in the third one :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I dunno. Tamers isn’t, like, the favorite of the bunch, but it’s not Xros Wars levels of hated.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

osby

Smash Obsessed
Maybe, wanted to do a 52 character roster so that’d be 26 each
I think that's a good number of characters. You can get most "must-have" characters from DC but also have to get a little creative on the Bandai Namco side.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know when you really get down to it. Captain Marvel isn't a good movie especially given the fact its literally just a remake of The Long Kiss Goodnight which also starred Samuel L. Jackson.

Ha ha! The fact the MCU stole the plot from a 90s film.

The Long Kiss Goodnight aka the original Captain Marvel and better version.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know when you really get down to it. Captain Marvel isn't a good movie especially given the fact its literally just a remake of The Long Kiss Goodnight which also starred Samuel L. Jackson.

Lol. The fact the MCU stole the plot from a 90s film.

The Long Kiss Goodnight aka the original Captain Marvel and better version.
Most MCU movies recycle plots from movies before them, and from each other. I don't think Captain Marvel is really any different than them, or most other blockbuster action movies, really.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Most MCU movies recycle plots from other movies, and from each other. I don't think Captain Marvel is really any different than them, or most other blockbuster action movies, really.
True since Sonic the Hedgehog (2020) is just this decades Howard the Duck (1986).

The MonsterVerse copying the Heisei Gamera Trilogy especially in terms of message and theme.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Is Renamon really all that popular or notable? I only ask because she was really the only Digimon I knew about before today along with Agumon’s line.
The closest analogue I can think of for Renamon is Lucario. Both legitimately very popular characters in their franchises despite coming after their franchise's respective peaks, and also both very popular with furries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom