• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Horizon Zero Dawn™_20170303001947.jpg

Just posting this out of nowhere but this was the moment I realised how much I enjoyed game photography alongside Gravity Rush 2.

Also guys.

Nintendo Switch Sports Online Beta starts in an hour and a half. That is all.

I'm as old as DK64. :nifty:
Your as old as that MooMew64 one who used to be around here, that's all I remember.

PrincessConnect1111.png

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo 90s kid here. Born in 1992.
Anyone else miss the 90s?

They were so much better. Kids these days missed out.
Definitely. The 90s was also a much better time for the world unlike today.

Especially being most cartoons today just can't compare to those back then. The Angry Beavers, CatDog, Beast Wars, Godzilla: The Animated Series, and Courage the Cowardly Dog are amongst my favorites.
Gravity Falls will forever be the greatest animated series of all time anyway.
That's a funny way of spelling "Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood" :p

(I love Gravity Falls too don't get me wrong lol. To each their own)
You both spelled The Angry Beavers wrong. ;)

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
I'll give Good Dinosaur this. Out of the two CGI Disney movies about dinosaurs, it's easily the superior one.
I have a soft spot for Dinosaur.
Not gonna say it's amazing, but it has a place in my heart.

Also I was born in the tail end of 1991.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures
Beast Wars
CatDog
Courage the Cowardly Dog
Extreme Dinosaurs/Street Sharks
Hilda
Godzilla: The Animated Series
Primal
Rick and Morty
The Angry Beavers
The Regular Show

Rounding out my top 11 favorite western cartoons of all time.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yep, that's true. There were no conlfucts in the 90s, it was pratically world peace. Kids these days don't have that.

Especially being most cartoons today just can't compare to those back then. The Angry Beavers, CatDog, Beast Wars, Godzilla: The Animated Series, and Courage the Cowardly Dog are amongst my favorites.
So true. Kids these days watch junk like Infinuty Train or Gravith Falls. Those shows suck. 90s RULE

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yep, that's true. There were no conlfucts in the 90s, it was pratically world peace. Kids these days don't have that.

So true. Kids these days watch junk like Infinuty Train or Gravith Falls. Those shows suck. 90s RULE
90s had masterpieces like Pokémon Red and Blue (perfect games with absolutely no problems). Kids these days are stuck with TRASH like Legends Arceus (it has bad graphics). 90s better

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm a weird one. My generation was like the only one to have had that perfect balance of indoors and outdoors of a childhood.

You'd go for a kickabout with a ball and stuff, then you'd be playing stuff when it was raining. I still remember being mind blown as this gem (which is only remembered cause Smash Bros) was a thing.

1645235179050.png

Noipoi

Howdy!
On one hand, I want to change my phone's notification sound to Wario saying "EXCELLENT!"

On the other hand, I still really like the beep sound I currently use.
Picture this.

You’re on a bus. Everyone is quiet, not wanting to be the weirdo making loud noises on public transportation.

Until, from all the way in the back-

EXCELLENT :wario:

You know what you have to do.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Used to customize my phone's notification sound but I got startled by the sound of lightsabers getting activated one too many times

Also I didn't want to look like a weirdo in public... Not more than I already do, that is

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Ok boomer.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My favorite animated series:

-Batman the Animated Series
-Gargoyles
-Gravity Falls
-Courage the Cowardly Dog

Others include the first three seasons of SpongeBob, Animaniacs, the first two seasons of The Real Ghostbusters, Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Codename: Kids Next Door and Ducktales 2017

I'll give Good Dinosaur this. Out of the two CGI Disney movies about dinosaurs, it's easily the superior one.
But does it have the Love Monkey? I think not

Shroob

Sup?
But for real talk

The time period wasn't what made those days 'good', it's your memories of said time.

And that's perfectly okay, that's a healthy thing to feel. Happy memories of yesteryear are good.

It's when you start falling under the belief that "Well, the Insert year here's were soo much better than it is now". Every period in time will have its good, alongside its bad, and saying that X date was better than Y date is purposefully ignoring all the bad things that X had as well to try to push an untrue narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom