• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Leaks are best left to be considered fake until proven real.

It's how we get Prime 3 Trilogy, or Star Fox Grand Prix, or, need I go on.
True, I wouldn’t be surprised though if ideas for the prime triology and a new DK are floating around out there. Mario, DK Yoshi, and a few of the bigger ips always have games being worked on or thought. Weather they go anywhere is always the question. If Next Level was doing DK for example, it probably got dropped for Prime 4. That’s if any of it was true to begin with though.

Side note, I never understood how Star Fox Grand Prix Was believable.
I don't play Mario Kart Tour but the Nintendo Mobile YouTube channel recently posted a whole bunch of 56 second videos showing off some of its original courses.

I wonder if this has anything to do today's MK8D news.
Without a doubt yes, considering we know the tracks from your are coming to Mario Kart.

Also the DLC being called the boosters course DLC, leaves open the idea of that something like a character course DLC being a thing imo.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Tbh, you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't played a DS, but yeah

I feel like it's becoming more apparent, but the series Nintendo fans all grew up on are not gonna be the same. Zelda's a twice a decade thing now, big mainline Mario games is near twice a decade, Pokemon has being going hella experimental since Gen 6 which can put off boomers old fans, Metroid is a rarity, Earthbound is done, F-Zero is dead, Star Fox just isn't popular with the new age to justify new releases. RPGs and high-speed action games are all the rage now, times are changing, this is a different Nintendo, one that instead of relying familiar ips 24/7, instead goes for newer and fresher franchises to fill in the void.
They've been going nuts with Mario spin-offs, though, and they've thankfully been getting better. Sports games have still been a bit 7/10-ish, but Strikers looks amazing and they finally fixed Mario Party. ...And yes, I am a TTYD stan, but I have seen and played enough of OK to say it's good and PM is improving as well.

Zelda is still in a bit of an awkward spot with releases. They don't embrace spin offs as much as you'd think they would and Hyrule Warriors is extremely hit or miss due to it being a Musou game. Also, Skyward and Link's Awakening got the fandom mixed.

Metroid is probably gonna be a bit more common thanks to Dread's success, but even then I don't expect anything too crazy to happen with it. Prime 4 is probably waiting for Switch 2 at this point.

Animal Crossing is their new Pokémon, literally prints money.

Splatoon finally gave Nintendo a shooter, and they filled the void of family friendly shooter back in 2012.

Star Fox is...probably not long for this world if Star Fox Zero didn't kill it.

Pokémon is Pokémon lol: It prints money no matter what.

F-Zero is kill. RIP

Earthbound is done, yeah. They'll keep porting it because they know the fans are dedicated enough to buy it every time but yeah, it's done.

FE and XB are the new kids on the block that appeal to the ever growing weeb market.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
To be honest, I thought the Mario Strikers series was done before today. Strikers series is easily the most violent and crudest Mario games made and thought Nintendo wanted to distance themselves from it.

But it's a great series anyway so I'm glad it's back and no need to complain.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They've been going nuts with Mario spin-offs, though, and they've thankfully been getting better. Sports games have still been a bit 7/10-ish, but Strikers looks amazing and they finally fixed Mario Party. ...And yes, I am a TTYD stan, but I have seen and played enough of OK to say it's good and PM is improving as well.

Zelda is still in a bit of an awkward spot with releases. They don't embrace spin offs as much as you'd think they would and Hyrule Warriors is extremely hit or miss due to it being a Musou game. Also, Skyward and Link's Awakening got the fandom mixed.

Metroid is probably gonna be a bit more common thanks to Dread's success, but even then I don't expect anything too crazy to happen with it. Prime 4 is probably waiting for Switch 2 at this point.

Animal Crossing is their new Pokémon, literally prints money.

Splatoon finally gave Nintendo a shooter, and they filled the void of family friendly shooter back in 2012.

Star Fox is...probably not long for this world if Star Fox Zero didn't kill it.

Pokémon is Pokémon lol: It prints money no matter what.

F-Zero is kill. RIP

Earthbound is done, yeah. They'll keep porting it because they know the fans are dedicated enough to buy it every time but yeah, it's done.

FE and XB are the new kids on the block that appeal to the ever growing weeb market.
So I decides to search up SF0 sales because of this.

It flopped. It flopped bad. And tbh, idk if there's any more room for Star Fox in this day and age, it's been outdone by games like No Man's Sky and as for Sci-Fi shooters go, Metroid can fill the exact same niche.
So same as now then.
I'll be more lenient if possible.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So I decides to search up SF0 sales because of this.

It flopped. It flopped bad. And tbh, idk if there's any more room for Star Fox in this day and age, it's been outdone by games like No Man's Sky and as for Sci-Fi shooters go, Metroid can fill the exact same niche.

I'll be more lenient if possible.
There would be if they didnt keep rebooting it.

Seriously why are most of these games remakes of the original?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm about to enter the third area of Legends Arceus, i wonder when i will be able to capture the one Growlithe i wanted.

Ivander

Smash Legend
That's why I feel like fans are kinda hostile to FE and Xenoblade, they only got popular in the last decade because of Smash
Say what you want about Fire Emblem's appearance in Melee helping it's popularity(but it was really because of Awakening that resulted in it's massive popularity, and even saved the series), but Xenoblade becoming popular because of Smash? Lots, and I mean LOTS, of people were frickin' pushing for the first Xenoblade to come to America, alongside The Last Story and Pandora's Tower, otherwise known as Operation Rainfall. And it was during a time when Nintendo of America was frickin' stingy on localising games. Like even Monolith Soft thought that Xenoblade would come overseas and were surprised it hadn't.
The support of Operation Rainfall was enough to not only get Nintendo of America to bring it over(albeit exclusive to some retailers), but despite the exclusivity, it did actually sell better in the West compared to Japan. Enough to get Nintendo to localise Xenoblade X. It wasn't because of Smash that Xenoblade became popular. It was because of a movement with a frick' ton of support and demand that got tons of attention from media sites and from Japanese gaming sites that gave Xenoblade it's popularity as the game that Western fans succeeded in getting localised.

Xenoblade is more than likely the game that actually gave a much needed slap to Nintendo of America to do more localisations. Like during the Wii era, Nintendo of America was frickin' stingy when it came to localizations. Not just Xenoblade, Last Story and Pandora's Tower, we didn't get Fatal Frame 4, Disaster Day of Crisis, Zangeki no Reginleiv, etc. It wasn't until after Xenoblade that NoA started to do alot more localizations for new titles, for Wii U, 3DS and Switch. It's quite possible that some of the games we have gotten localized nowadays may never have come over had Operation Rainfall and Xenoblade not gotten the support and attention they needed to get it localised.
---
Smash, if anything, was more a lucky bonus for Xenoblade, compared to Fire Emblem where back then, lots of people wanted, were content and were expecting to get an Awakening character in Smash 4 after it's massive success. Chrom/Lucina/Robin, whichever one before the reveal, was a guarantee. Shulk would've been a legitimate surprise had it not been for the one leak. because even with Xenoblade's popularity, it was still a new title at the time and Shulk could've been brushed aside in favor of another character easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom