• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The Mario Kart situation is so interesting to me. We're basically getting enough new content for a new MK, but via DLC.

It's a shame about no new characters (Well, at least so far, maybe that comes later?), but hot dang if I ain't satisfied with this. This is basically Mario Kart 8.5: I will hapilly take it. Rescuing the good ideas from MKT and putting them in a good game is this year's biggest gaming W.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ngl I kinda hope Warrior games continue to have games continuing the storylines of others.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So apparently they're bringing Futurama back...

Couldn't just let a series end as it is huh? HAD to dig it back up when it especially had a fine closure.

Oh boy joining the ranks with The Simpsons and Family Guy once again. Yippe ******* do. Let it join the franchise rot as with those.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Seriously though, Fire Emblem Warriors 1 might’ve been dog**** but both Age of Calamity or even the original Hyrule Warriors were really entertaining. It might not be as good as Age of Calamity but if it comes anywhere neat that quality I’m happy.

View attachment 344718

you have made a powerful enemy this day

/jk just 'cause I don't think you're a thread regular and I don't wanna weird peeps out with my sense of humor if they ain't used to it lol
It’s okay, I’ve been around so I know a joke when I see one.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Splitting this post into two. I'm not trying to think of any distresses (from IRL to game music communities and stuff, that can wait til after my meeting tomorrow).

1. Only five small things I'm sad to not see from the Direct.

-Wreckfest Switch Port
-Genshin Impact news (I'm betting if nothing by June then its cancelled).
-Splatoon 3 release date but I'm betting that will have a direct on its own.
-I was trying to bet so much on Alan Wake or Resi to have been the surprise port. I lost £5 from that bet.
-No Trails or Persona port news.

==============================================

2. Analysing time from the Xenoblade 3 trailer. Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge and Wademan94 Wademan94 since these guys know my hype. If you guys want to react to my thoughts. I'm doing this more out of hyper and I'll likely be wrong on some of these.

-The flute sound aesthetic really reminds of Tsushima but it'll be great to see in a different form.

-Mechons are there but no Machina so far. Interesting.

-Is probably obvious but its clear the two nations are descendants are those from Bionis/Mechonis and those from Alrest.

-Pyra/Mythra and Alvis I can see being like to quote "the Oracles of the two nations". A high religious figure of some sort. I can see either Pyra or Mythra living in grief or exile from losing Rex though.

-Seeing a girl with the Blade like markings. Hmmm. Maybe a hybrid species as a way to forget memories or something?

-The guy says the world is called something like "Aionis? Ionas?"

-High Entia and Gormotti look to have changed appearances? IDK more taller or something I see.

-Floating Islands are there? Interesting. And I think I see Eyrth Sea as well.

-There's our girls. Clearly Elderly Melia and best girl Nia. I'm guessing 100 years since the end of the games this takes place.

-That visual of Uraya (which we last saw crashing into a landmass like a freight train) and the Mechonis Sword (which I thought was destroyed?) is a godly sight. And Uraya is covered in snow.

oh yeah and guess I’ll join Lamperouge Lamperouge and spend $50 on mid

Mario Kart DLC makes NSO worth it to me now
Make that me as well.

Not yet but I'll join too.

They should put the fighters passes on the Expansion Pass as well.

That is actually not a bad idea-ish.

The Mario Kart situation is so interesting to me. We're basically getting enough new content for a new MK, but via DLC.

It's a shame about no new characters (Well, at least so far, maybe that comes later?), but hot dang if I ain't satisfied with this. This is basically Mario Kart 8.5: I will hapilly take it. Rescuing the good ideas from MKT and putting them in a good game is this year's biggest gaming W.
That's what I'm thinking or maybe cause of how well its selling and maybe some sort of creator's block at Nintendo? So they thought this will do in the meantime.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Xenoblade 3 looks neat. I don't wanna be too optimistic, could be like 2 where I end up disliking it.

That said, what the **** is up with the flutes? Is this stuff the Monado equivalents of the Ocarina of Time????? :bowsette:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
So apparently they're bringing Futurama back...

Couldn't just let a series end as it is huh? HAD to dig it back up when it especially had a fine closure.

Oh boy joining the ranks with The Simpsons and Family Guy once again. Yippe ******* do. Let it join the franchise rot as with those.
I'm cautiously optimistic. Will really depend on whether or not they are able to get John DiMaggio back according to what's been announced thus far and who is returning to write. That said, I really disliked the Animaniacs reboot on Hulu so we'll see what happens here.

Simpsons/Family Guy I don't think are the best comparisons as they've more or less been continuously on air for year after year, have more defined structures and limitations for their stories/settings, and higher season/episode quotas.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh yeah I forgot about Three Houses Musou lol

Ehhhhhhhhhh

I mean, I wanna be hyped, but FE Warriors 1 really burned me.

Now, if playable Bernadetta shows up... 👀
I wonder if we'll be able to play as all the Three houses characters? All of them are pretty memorable from what i remember lol

I hope Bernie's there at least, she's my favorite. For some reason.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Its weird right? Persona 5 strikers did this same thing lol
To be fair, Persona 5 Strikers is treated a sequel to the OG game and commits to it.
Age of Calamity was supposed to be a prequel to BotW, but they botched it with the fanservice and happy ending.
At least they confirmed Three Hopes will be an alternate universe to Three Houses.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so Daisy is normal?

MooMew64

I wonder if we'll be able to play as all the Three houses characters? All of them are pretty memorable from what i remember lol

I hope Bernie's there at least, she's my favorite. For some reason.
No joke, if they show playable Bernie and Mariane, this game will go from mid to ultra hype for me fast.

Whether or not I care about this game really depends on the roster; Byleth, Dimitri, and Claude are great starts, but not enough of a sell when they're expected.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
bruh I just randomly heard Disc 11 in my modded Minecraft world but I have no creepy mods installed. Technically I have a tombstone mod but I think all it does is give you a temporary ghost-like form when you respawn and let you sort-of easily find your way back to a tombstone holding your items; it's Corail Tombstone. edit: no it adds other stuff too but not sure if it includes this, the mod page doesn't mention randomly playing disc 11.

I guess there's also the Soul Shards mod but idk if it adds much aside from the soul shard stuff, don't remember this from older versions of the mod.

Maybe it was a structure buried under the ground? It started randomly playing during the day while I was on a hill, going around chopping trees in the area. I have a mod that adds overworld structures, but it's repurposed structures, so it's more like existing ones but with more variety. Xaero's Minimap doesn't seem to show a structure on the cave layer. Weird as heck.

here's a list of my installed mods if anyone can help me understand why I just had a Herobrine moment (and no I don't have a Herobrine mod installed):
  • Alex's Mobs
  • AppleSkin
  • Architectury API
  • AutoRegLib
  • Basic Nether Ores
  • Baubles
  • Better Third Person
  • Blue Skies
  • The Bumblezone
  • Carry On
  • CC: Tweaked (ComputerCraft)
  • Chisels & Bits
  • Chunk Loaders
  • Citadel
  • Cloth Config API
  • Collective
  • Controlling
  • Corail Tombstone
  • Curios API
  • Decorative Blocks
  • Ding
  • Doggy Talents 2
  • Effective
  • Enchantment Descriptions
  • Enhanced Snowman
  • Essentials
  • Farmer's Delight
  • Feature NBT Deadlock Be Gone
  • Floor Mats
  • Fluid Tank
  • GeckoLib
  • Item Collectors
  • Jade
  • Just Enough Items
  • Kiwi
  • Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
  • Magic Mirror
  • Majrusz Library
  • Majrusz's Progressive Difficulty
  • Mantle
  • Nether Portal Spread
  • No Null Processors
  • Patchouli
  • Patina Pipeworks
  • Pop!
  • Portable Mobs
  • Portable Tanks
  • Portality
  • Premium Wood
  • Pretty Pipes
  • Quark (and its Oddities addon)
  • Repurposed Structures
  • Restored Earth
  • Sapience
  • Scalable Cats Force
  • Scarecrow's Territory
  • Selene
  • Serene Seasons
  • Snow Pig
  • Snow! Real Magic!
  • Snowy Spirit
  • Sophisticated Backpacks
  • SoulShards
  • Storage Drawers
  • Structure Gel API
  • SuperMartijn642's Core Lib (and their Config Lib)
  • Supplementaries
  • Tinkers' Construct
  • Titanium
  • Windowlogging
  • Wormhole
  • Xaero's Minimap (and World Map)
  • Zombie Horse Spawn

yes I know it's modded Minecraft and that likely explains why I randomly heard it, but I don't understand which mod caused it ._.

Last edited:

MooMew64

bruh I just randomly heard Disc 11 in my modded Minecraft world but I have no creepy mods installed. Technically I have a tombstone mod but I think all it does is give you a temporary ghost-like form when you respawn and let you sort-of easily find your way back to a tombstone holding your items; it's Corail Tombstone.

I guess there's also the Soul Shards mod but idk if it adds much aside from the soul shard stuff, don't remember this from older versions of the mod.

Maybe it was a structure buried under the ground? It started randomly playing during the day while I was on a hill, going around chopping trees in the area. I have a mod that adds overworld structures, but it's repurposed structures, so it's more like existing ones but with more variety. Xaero's Minimap doesn't seem to show a structure on the cave layer. Weird as heck.

here's a list of my installed mods if anyone can help me understand why I just had a Herobrine moment (and no I don't have a Herobrine mod installed):
  • Alex's Mobs
  • AppleSkin
  • Architectury API
  • AutoRegLib
  • Basic Nether Ores
  • Baubles
  • Better Third Person
  • Blue Skies
  • The Bumblezone
  • Carry On
  • CC: Tweaked (ComputerCraft)
  • Chisels & Bits
  • Chunk Loaders
  • Citadel
  • Cloth Config API
  • Collective
  • Controlling
  • Corail Tombstone
  • Curios API
  • Decorative Blocks
  • Ding
  • Doggy Talents 2
  • Effective
  • Enchantment Descriptions
  • Enhanced Snowman
  • Essentials
  • Farmer's Delight
  • Feature NBT Deadlock Be Gone
  • Floor Mats
  • Fluid Tank
  • GeckoLib
  • Item Collectors
  • Jade
  • Just Enough Items
  • Kiwi
  • Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
  • Magic Mirror
  • Majrusz Library
  • Majrusz's Progressive Difficulty
  • Mantle
  • Nether Portal Spread
  • No Null Processors
  • Patchouli
  • Patina Pipeworks
  • Pop!
  • Portable Mobs
  • Portable Tanks
  • Portality
  • Premium Wood
  • Pretty Pipes
  • Quark (and its Oddities addon)
  • Repurposed Structures
  • Restored Earth
  • Sapience
  • Scalable Cats Force
  • Scarecrow's Territory
  • Selene
  • Serene Seasons
  • Snow Pig
  • Snow! Real Magic!
  • Snowy Spirit
  • Sophisticated Backpacks
  • SoulShards
  • Storage Drawers
  • Structure Gel API
  • SuperMartijn642's Core Lib (and their Config Lib)
  • Supplementaries
  • Tinkers' Construct
  • Titanium
  • Windowlogging
  • Wormhole
  • Xaero's Minimap (and World Map)
  • Zombie Horse Spawn

yes I know it's modded Minecraft and that likely explains why I randomly heard it, but I don't understand which mod caused it ._.
I'm familiar with some of these mods, and none of them sound like they should've done that.

How strange.

Also, whaaaaaat these mods updated to 1.18? I thought a bunch of these were stuck in 1.16 jail.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm familiar with some of these mods, and none of them sound like they should've done that.

How strange.

Also, whaaaaaat these mods updated to 1.18? I thought a bunch of these were stuck in 1.16 jail.
some popular mods are still stuck in that jail (like the mods from Team Abnormals; poor slabfish), but yeah some modders quickly updated to 1.17 after Forge released for it and 1.18 seems to have been even easier to update for (well at least if you didn't add worldgen or biome stuff, although Biomes O Plenty updated too which I forgot to add to my game before starting it).

Quark may have skipped 1.17 though, I think Vazkii waited for 1.18 if I remember correctly.

Tinkers' Construct is one I was really excited about, though it's still in an alpha state. Twilight Forest is being worked on too I believe.

Still no idea which caused Disc 11 to start playing, but oh well. If it's not somehow a hidden structure or something despite what the minimap shows, maybe it's a bug or one of the mods' devs were being sneaky 🤔

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
They’re ALL foxes
Espeon's tail might be a reference to Japanese legends of fork-tailed cats, so it might be a cat/fox hybrid.

But then again it could be another reference to the nine-tailed fox like Vulpix and Ninetales.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So a tiny few more tidbits but I gotta say it has been a good day:

-Meeting friends including one who sees me like a little brother.
-Sushi and Ramen.
-The Schadenfreude about someone who bullied me in college permanently messed himself in a very Darwin award way. Don't do party tricks guys.
-Getting some sweets for a good price
-My best friend finally starting to watch Kino's Journey and Cowboy Bebop
-Direct and Direct announcements.
-No major stressing points for once except Excel being Excel.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also just looking at the Xenoblade protags and world names now. Lamperouge Lamperouge and DanganZilla5 DanganZilla5 your thoughts on this how crazy it is.

Characters.

XBC1 - Shulk and Fiora
XBCX - Cross and Elma (or Lin depending on who you ask).
XBC2 - Rex and Pyra (I know Mythra but she's not introduced til later)
XBC3 - Noah and Mio (OK, I like these two names ringing off each other).

And the worlds since I found the name of 3.

XBC1 - Bionis and Mechonis
XBCX - Mira
XBC2 - Alrest
XBC3 - Aionios (Clever ******** Monolith. Clever).

I like it. I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom