• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Rewatching the Godfather part 3.

While the A plot is interesting and Michael's story is still as interesting and thrilling as ever, the B plot so far is worse than I remember. This will be an interesting experience.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
See that's where I hard disagree. I don't base a character's worth of inclusion on uniqueness. Isabelle may be objectively less unique than Roy or Falco, but if asked which of the three belongs in Smash the most I'd say Isabelle easily.

She's literally the face of one of Nintendo's S-tier franchises.
That best thing about opinions, everyone has them. I personaly didnt feel the need for her since I had Villager and they, to me, represented AC just fine

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Finished watching Godzilla vs. Kong for the second time.

Still just as fun as the first time watching it.
Glad it didn’t turn out a flop of a movie. Haven’t watched it yet but I’ve heard some good things about it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Nice! What about Cloud? Did he make it in?
He's too busy fighting Sephiroth, presumably in smash bros.

Wow, most crossover stuff like this would be explicitly not canon. That’s interesting.
It's an alternate continuity where it's implied that most of FF7 still somehow tock place except you know, the Aerith dying thing.
Also Squall is there instead of Barret, and their friends with Merlin from Sword in the stone and Scrooge McDuck.

The rest of the FF8 characters in this series are completely different though while Squall is more or less the same as how he is in FF8.

Ive always assumed that Merlin is supposed to be a stand in for Bugehagen.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Glad it didn’t turn out a flop of a movie. Haven’t watched it yet but I’ve heard some good things about it.
I will say this, IMO it does have plenty of problems but what makes up for it is the loads of giant monster fun.

That said, like King of the Monsters I would say its more for the hardcore kaiju fans, otherwise for general audience as a whole its a timewaster at best if you're only going in for the giant monsters, one of those shut-off-your-brain-and-enjoy-the-ride-kind-of-fun.

That said though how I'd rank the movies.

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Godzilla vs. Kong
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I will say this, IMO it does have plenty of problems but what makes up for it is the loads of giant monster fun.

That said, like King of the Monsters I would say its more for the hardcore kaiju fans, otherwise for general audience as a whole its a timewaster at best if you're only going in for the giant monsters, one of those shut-off-your-brain-and-enjoy-the-ride-kind-of-fun.

That said though how I'd rank the movies.

1. Kong: Skull Island
2. Godzilla vs. Kong
3. Godzilla: King of the Monsters
4. Godzilla
Woah woah, woah woah woah. I feel like Godzilla was a way better movie than King of the Monsters. They nailed the build up in that movie and is kind of a testament to the payoff of the fight scene at the end. I didn’t feel that kind of satisfaction in King of the Monsters unfortunately. Like the action was cool but it just didn’t feel like it had any weight. If ya feel me.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Woah woah, woah woah woah. I feel like Godzilla was a way better movie than King of the Monsters. They nailed the build up in that movie and is kind of a testament to the payoff of the fight scene at the end. I didn’t feel that kind of satisfaction in King of the Monsters unfortunately. Like the action was cool but it just didn’t feel like it had any weight. If ya feel me.
Probably should of been more clear there, this ranking was based on my opinion. Probably should have put "IMO" there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So got 750 words into my story tonight. First time in about a month which seems to be the norm.

Proud of myself as I've tried a lot better to do a scene between four characters then a transition of a walk through the town and started a conversation between two.
Getting there but the real show is when my places can open aka libraries so I can 100% get some quiet.

I binged the first season for Konosuba today.

Yep, it was one of those days. Fun show tho.
Glad to see you enjoyed it. I love the quartet but the humor really needed more space between to give it a breather.

By the way dude and I might have asked but do you have a list of anime you want to watch or is it all in your head? I might know a show if you are interested if you want a similar feel to Laid Back Camp.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
The official TF2 wiki is now the Team Fortress ‘95 Wiki. I was born in ‘98, so I can’t say I’m entirely nostalgic. Some of y’all oughta be feeling something, though. Plus all taunts are replaced with the Schadenfreude in-game, so now everyone can laugh at the guy you just shot together!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So got 750 words into my story tonight. First time in about a month which seems to be the norm.

Proud of myself as I've tried a lot better to do a scene between four characters then a transition of a walk through the town and started a conversation between two.
Getting there but the real show is when my places can open aka libraries so I can 100% get some quiet.

Glad to see you enjoyed it. I love the quartet but the humor really needed more space between to give it a breather.

By the way dude and I might have asked but do you have a list of anime you want to watch or is it all in your head? I might know a show if you are interested if you want a similar feel to Laid Back Camp.
I have a few shows already in mind, some of which you've recommended to me before.

• Re:Zero (this might be next after I finish the rest of Konosuba)
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Toradora!
  • Attack on Titan
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Usagi Drop
  • Zombie Land Saga

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
The Kazooie page is actually golden.
What is a Banjo? A brand of kibble for Chihuahuas?

It's a mystery..............

I have a few shows already in mind, some of which you've recommended to me before.

• Re:Zero (this might be next after I finish the rest of Konosuba)
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Toradora!
  • Attack on Titan
  • Full Metal Panic!
  • Usagi Drop
  • Zombie Land Saga
Perfect time for Re:Zero now that Season 2 is done. Toradora, Violet Evergarden and Zombieland Saga are all great anime.Attack on Titan and Full Metal Panic aren't my thing. Usagi Drop I've on my list.

I'd add Non Non Biyori and The Devil is a Part Timer. Non Non Biyori has a similar vibe to Laid Back Camp and it follows a group of four students in a branch school, all of different ages. It's next on my list to rewatch with Laid Back Camp ending so very similar of a feel that anyone would pick up right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom