• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll probably end up going with Joltik, but probably won't get Ferroseed, as that'd then leave me with 3 being weak against fire.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I enjoyed that way more than I should have. Doredia da bess.
[collapse=Ferrostuff]Nothing short of absolute fire will kill it, which you don't have to worry about much in-game until nearing the end. Ferroseed/thorn are disgustingly useful against the last 3 gym leaders even without stall. It'd also be a shame to see 120+ STAB (coming off a boost) moves go to waste. True that it shines in what it was made for, but Iron Defense = lol. You're better off blowing up than tanking with that in game.

Most of the awesome non-offensive options aren't readily available to it(breeding SR/Spikes/Leech Seed, Substitute not being available 'til winter/next month, etc), and Curse really is the preferable boosting move, as it goes hand in hand with how naturally slow they made it+Gyro Ball. Toxic is pretty good for setting up, assuming your opponents(or one you may have trouble with, at least) keep full restoring or even getting things low enough to go for the KO.

Other than that, you're screwed for moves until later on, unless you chipped in for/got a few spare TMs, including Toxic, T-Wave and Protect. Won't be a problem once you're on that last stretch to evolving, and of course post-evolving. Ingrain/Selfdestruct/Bullzdone/Power Whip/Rock Climb(lol) all become available options. Lastly, the Rocky Helmet, as someone mentioned before, makes Ferro give ridiculous recoil damage along with Iron Barbs.
[/collapse]

tl;dr - If you really dislike Fire that much though, you could get someone to teach Joltik Energy Ball, or Pignite Grass Knot.
I just raised one for fun, but it ended up being pretty beast.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
For the record, I took Emolga in my Black playthrough and its really weak. I actually agree with the Joltik/Ferroseed suggestion. Joltik won't just hit waters for you, it takes out fliers (who seem to have really annoying moves this generation) and it'll hit dark-types for SE with a STAB bug move. Dark is very prevalent in the late game so its a very good option, although you remain weak to ground.
Actually, Joltik/Galvantula and Ferroseed/Ferrothorn are not weak to Ground attacks because it will be not very effective against Bug types and Grass types, so it will be a normal 1x damage multiplier. Plus with Galvantula's combo of Compoundeyes+Thunder, there's a really small chance of Thunder still missing, but compared to Thunder w/o the Compoundeyes boost, you're still better off.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Thinking for my 6th I might just break the rules and get a Gyrados.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Almost done exploring the game, then challenge the Elite 4 again. All my Pokemon are 63+; going to have to grind...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is there anyone out there who has both a 4th and 5th gen game, able to upload 4th gen pokes and most importantly, have some spare time later tonight to help me out with trading a poke? :3

Wrath`

Smash Master
You shouldn't be trying to have Ferroseed kill.

Toxic
Gyro Ball
Iron Defense
Protect/Ingrain
Someone doesn't know how to Ferrothorn/Nattorie then. He has a decent base attack for a wall, so one should utilize it, especialy when the computer lets you get 6 curses.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Is there anyone out there who has both a 4th and 5th gen game, able to upload 4th gen pokes and most importantly, have some spare time later tonight to help me out with trading a poke? :3
Yep. Thanks to getting 3DS I can do pokétransfer.

Shoot me an IM or something, I was a crazy good breeder in Diamond and accommodate for pretty much anything. :3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's ironic me being a good breeder and all.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I disagree, that was my Trainer name in Diamond as part of a running gag.

Hence I am a legend.

M.K

Level 55
I found an Unfezant in a shaking grass patch above Mistralton while training an Elgyem.
Such a worthless bird, though. It's unfortunate.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I caught a level 58 Tranquill to replace my current one. Need it as a fly slave.

Unfezant sucks but at least not as much as poor Pidgeot, the coolest looking out of all the crap trainer birds.

I'm so pro with my Pidgey.

Edit: Lmao, I got trolled pretty hard today by my games. :/

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Flew mainly on Unfezant/Swoobat/Braviary/Golurk in that order for in-game. Started to use Volcarona when it finally evolved, pretty useful since I'm usually hatching eggs during random/daily event stuff. Used Zekrom from time to time, and a wild Crobat when I'm set on doing something like grinding. Now I'm just waiting for dat Genesect.

rhan

Smash Hero
I caught a level 58 Tranquill to replace my current one. Need it as a fly slave.

Unfezant sucks but at least not as much as poor Pidgeot, the coolest looking out of all the crap trainer birds.

I'm so pro with my Pidgey.

Edit: Lmao, I got trolled pretty hard today by my games. :/
My Pidgeot has Hidden Power: Fighting and Sky Attack.

Get at me.

Too legit to quit! Pidgeot for life!

Edit: I really do wish Unfezant had a better move pool.. I only looked intot his thread cuz Unfezant was in the title. I <3 bird Pokemon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hm fly volcarona for hatching does sound quite useful

now that i completed the game im not focused so much on it anymore, which is good cuz school is really getting harder

tho i am ev training my cloyster yayyyyyy

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I found an Unfezant in a shaking grass patch above Mistralton while training an Elgyem.
Such a worthless bird, though. It's unfortunate.
Thank God for no Steelix Room. I can tolerate Unfezant since I have one. It's in my PC though. Just not as good a movepool as Braviary's. It's unfortunate, I really liked Unfezant. :(

Trying to catch a Mold Breaker Fraxure which cannot appear apparently on Victory Road for me. Done EV'ing a Zen Mode Darmanitan, just waiting for Random Match/Dream World servers to be up so I can make vids on RMs.

@IsmaR, Genesect is so legit, love that Pokemon!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Then catch a Mold Breaker Axew. Levelling isn't hard in this game, and Axew is pretty common.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I have an Axew already, but it's got Rivalry and a Hasty nature, which I love the nature for a sweeper, but I'm gonna try to find a Fraxure first, then try breeding the Axew if I can't find what I'm looking for.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hmmmm

hehe

i dont like axewwwww and the other AX dragons

so i'll get at 'em by posting a rebecca black image

M.K

Level 55
And really, it's stats are not all that TERRIBLE (Base 105 Atack isn't awful) but it's just outclassed in every department by another regional bird.

Except Pidgeot. That **** terrible.

But I'm currently training three new Pokemon!

Black Mage the Kadabra

Sparky the Tynamo

Skye the Togetic.

<3

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Raising a somewhat random team atm as well.

Sky the Leafeon.

Dewott the Dewott.

Pawniard the Pawniard

Drifblim the Drifloon.

Zorua#9 the Zorua.

Mien-Ko the Mienfoo.

Most of these I got through trades or transfers. :l

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer