• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash Affiliates - Making appearances here and there since 2006

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I will be the third if people want me too.

Actually everyone in TSA NJ should just post thier thoughts on who should be the 3rd and why.

I know my mom doesn't mind having meetings once or twice a month, but not really any more then that.

My dad would probably only want once a month.

Also my work schedule has been taking up alot of my time plus I have other things that needed my immediate atention, but now that things are becoming more stable in my life again, I'm going to start carving out time for the crew and tournies.

I'll start trying to go to about 2 tournies a month. Usually in state tournies though. I'm also tlaking to my job about getting back my 12 to 5 hours on Sunday so we can train/meet at my house every other week or something.

Actually TSA NJ should make a schedule of the week about any training sessions or smashfest that are going down as well as tournies. Anything that is planned, people could just pm me and I will post what days and times things are going down so people can plan accordingly. I find that last minute stuff is a mian reason why people don't show up to things.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pardon me for not being a TSA member, but qft emblem lord.

i especially like the points you made about having members that actually contribute to the crew. i feel that many people nowadays forget the true meaning of crews, and instead as you said just want to hop aboard the bandwagon. "hey tsa is cool and they have good players, i wanna join" (or replace "tsa" with another crew) is the impression that i have gotten a lot lately. we at ToS have actually gotten requests from people to join but weve had to turn them down at the moment because the main purpose of our crew is pretty much a band of friends who work together to get better at the game and to provide a better smash environment and further the community through various help and events. one of our biggest things is that if weve never met someone before and have only for instance met them on the boards, then we cant let them in.

as for the state of smash in NJ, we have been trying quite hard to help out especially in the southern area of NJ where there really haven't been any kind of smash community at all except with a person here or there. Now we have a crew of plenty of people who live in the area, and are running tournaments whenever we can in south jersey (although were actually switching to philly for venue reasons soon but its very close to south jersey especially with a train running from walking distance to our philly venue to various locations throughout south jersey).

I haven't met many members of TSA NJ yet, and I look forward to smashing with all of you whenever we can. I've met a couple such as sneak at the first clash of the titans tournament.

but yea either way its just cool to see members of the community step up to try and reorganize in such a way as emblem lord is right now. perhaps you should all plan a giant tournament to help get tsa back into things, and have everyone of tsa plan it, like combining the nj and pa branch, as afterall you are close enough to each other.

Scar

#HarveyDent
tl;dr.

BUT Keitaro if you didn't already know, the next Smashpocalypse is JANUARY 12, one week from tomorrow! Get hype about THAT. I wanna see you guys this time, it's going to be awesome. Come early!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
tl;dr.

BUT Keitaro if you didn't already know, the next Smashpocalypse is JANUARY 12, one week from tomorrow! Get hype about THAT. I wanna see you guys this time, it's going to be awesome. Come early!
Just found out about that tourney today and I'm going to schedule myself to really be able to come this time around, prolly with Eazy "as usual".

TSA NJ lets get at this shiz!

And I also 2nd Emblem Lord for 3rd in command.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Scar it's fine that YOU didn't read.

You are TSA PA.

duh. lol.

I'll try to be coming down to Smashpocalypse.

Beat

Smash Ace
That's the thing. I don't think it should be a "try" situation for someone trying to garner power for a leadership position. I understand that TSA NJ used to contribute heavily to the scene, but the branch is practically fossils compared to the new hottness of TSA Philly. I think that's the biggest reason the branches are separate, elchibosenpozamalon. The current members of TSA PA rediculously active compared to our NJ bretheren.

I don't wanna see TSA go to shambles. I agree that some steps need to be taken, and a huge TSA NJ tournament would be a step in the right direction. I'll just help keep things funkyfresh over in PA.

<3Boco

Scar

#HarveyDent
I DID read yours, EL! I didn't read Chibo's response. And you better get down to Smashpocalypse, maybe we can finally play a few rounds before Brawl comes out?

<3

Edit: A note about Smashpocalypse. Everyone HAS to be out of the building by 6pm, I tried to extend the time but it's looking like I can't do anything about it. Doubles WILL start at 11:00 AM. It's fine if doubles doesn't even happen, since the singles bracket took so long last time what with a 42-man bracket, but if you guys want doubles BE THERE EARLY.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
pfft scar how can u not read that? i dunno bout u guys but my opinion that even though you are different "branches" (but come on philly and nj are right next to each other!), the two of you should still work together as a crew and not act so seperate. perhaps thats a big problem going on. afterall both of you are tsa, but if your going to act so differently and dependant from each other, you might as well be two seperate crews with 2 different names.

edit: i wrote this before i saw scars response so i thought he didnt read lords response

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Teh chocobo: Who said I wanted to be a leader?

Last time I checked, I stepped down when I was second.

I'll admit that I have leadership qualities and have been told that I make a good leader though.

I do what I do because this is the dream of one of my dearest friends, that is all.

Beat

Smash Ace
A leadership position doesn't always mean the actual leader. Second-in-command is a position of authority as well. Dun nitpick my post's more minute points, the major ones are addressing this crew's activity level. It's about a 3, and I wanna see it gloriously OVER 9000 again.

kthx
<3Chobocobo

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
To be fair, I DO have alot going on right now. Did you even read my post about gf and her problems. well, I'm the one that really supports her now.

So it's not like I'm being a jerk and choosing not to be as active or train as much. I would love to do so, but my priorities have changed. Now that things are becoming more settled I'll see what I can do, but I'm going back to school soon so it will be tough for me.

Get off my *** chocobo, I'm doing what I can.

Sorry, but I get the feeling that you are trying to say that I'm not fullfilling my duties towards the crew or something.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Sorry, but I get the feeling that you are trying to say that I'm not fullfilling my duties towards the crew or something.
I don't think anyone would say that, Marcel. You put a lot into the crew and we all can tell and we all appreciate it. I think Chocobo just misses you guys and wants to see you more often. We all love our TSA brethren.

Chibo, you know I love you, you're a good friend, but you drive me insane on the boards. Go back to the ToS thread, I just don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here. There are no problems in TSA so when you say that our separateness is "part of the problem," I don't know what problem you're referring to.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Personally I don't think anyone chose not to be active in this crew. I believe it's all because we have issues going on in our lives, I do as well, I'm very busy constantly plus it's always hard to travel out in jersey because of money costs. A lot of people have school, and let's face it for those who are still in college are still growing and as you all know when you progress in college it gets harder. If anyone in this crew actually chose to be inactive or didn't give two ways about it then they shouldn't be in the crew. But I hardly think it's the case here, we all need a reminder I think to get ourselves motivated. But let's not start conflict over all this, we all need to be cooperative to each other and the ideas being put forth.

Beat

Smash Ace
o.o Dun put words in my beak. Scar nailed it. When I started, TSA was this magical blanket of activity covering a snow leopard of awesome skill. I miss that blanket-covered hellcat.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Broke 3001. Woot!

TSA's activity was amazingly high back in the day because I myself was really active. It used to be the case that I drove everyone around to the tournaments. I often kept track of tournaments coming up, and I usually pushed for members to go, myself being on the top of the list. If they didn't have a ride, I brought them with me. With the combined contributions I've made to the community, it made a tremendous presence on TSA's part. I also pushed for meetings for all of us to meet together and organize our plans for the coming weeks. As my activity died down, so did the crew's general activity.

Because my recent activity and now current retirement brought down TSA's activity level, it's going to be up to the members to try and step forward. I can't hold everyone's hand forever.

Good **** to Doyoung and Copycat for getting 5th! I don't remember the two of you teaming for a tournament before.

Go do it again and get 3rd and up. Let's rock this joint!

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, has nothing to do with you guys though. Sorry, lol. I went through this once before being a leader.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Haha. XD

I suppose I should tell you one of my major plans, aside from school.

I have a 6 month goal of saving some money for a trip I'm making to California. I need the money for both the airplane ticket, and then the ROADTRIP back from NorCal.

I'm bringing somebody home that's important to me.

I love all of you guys, so let me just ask for some advice. Is $1000 good enough for a roadtrip from Cali to the East Coast?

There are many other things going on as well - This is only part of the grand scheme.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Andrew there were other factors besides your inactivity that brought down TSA NJ overall.

I mentioned some of it before, but alot of it is just that most of us became alot busier overall.

It wasn't just on your shoulders to hold everything together and if it was then what does that say about TSA as a whole?

That it is so fragile that as soon as one leader steps down or becomes busy then the whole group crumbles?

I would hope that we are stronger then that.

Because I know we are.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
That it is so fragile that as soon as one leader steps down or becomes busy then the whole group crumbles?
Well.. yeah. o_o

That's how many organizations work. You take out the leader, and everything around him falls apart. That's just a natural progression of things.

Of course, the fault I made was not properly preparing the crew for someone to pick up where I left off.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Good **** to Doyoung and Copycat for getting 5th! I don't remember the two of you teaming for a tournament before.

Go do it again and get 3rd and up. Let's rock this joint!
I remember kinda ****** them with teh_spamerer a while ago, so they have teamed before. >_>;

WoZ, I can't see how you can retire from the Smash community, and then stay a moderator here. Just sayin'.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Lucas did the man ever say he would stop going on Smashboards?

Andrew, well, there is still a second in command and it's not like you're dead or anything. And you aren't the only one in the crew that knows how to run tournies, talk to people etc.

What I'm saying is that TSA NJ as a whole needs to step it up, since it seems like we were getting by just riding your coat tails.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No. But one would think that retiring from the Smash community and not going to stuff anymore would also warrant leaving a moderator position to someone with the same capabilities that will be more active. I guess it's up to him. If he stays active around the boards and wants to keep the position, that's his choice.

TSA NJ needs to actually attend stuff. Everyone in the state hates me so I don't get rides, Magus hates driving places, and LK is in college, so I have no rides and I somehow attend stuff more now. Wtf...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo, you know I love you, you're a good friend, but you drive me insane on the boards. Go back to the ToS thread, I just don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here. There are no problems in TSA so when you say that our separateness is "part of the problem," I don't know what problem you're referring to.
I'm allowed to be hear. I've read posts on the thread plenty of times, especially recently. It's like how your on the ToS thread a lot as well. We're all a smash community and we should all be helping each other out. I don't mean to bug you, and I'm very sorry if I am. Why would I want to anger the awesome Scar? lol

The problem I was talking about was the overall state of TSA NJ. It's clear that everythings not going perfectly as you can tell by reading the past couple pages. Reading Emblem Lord's first big post pretty much outlined most of the problems but the one I was referring to mainly was inactivity. In a group of people, if some start becoming inactive, it's likely that the rest will soon follow. Once everyone becomes inactive whether it be having tons of training sessions, going to plenty of tournaments, or other things, it will be tough to start back up becoming the TSA that TSA NJ used to be. However, unlike the current state of TSA NJ, TSA PA is very active holding and attending tons of tournaments, and constantly meeting up at each others houses. I know this as even I've attended most of them recently lol, as I just sort of follow you around to whatever events you do such as Smashpocalypse, or the multiple smashfests at your houses.

If TSA NJ and PA sort of band together however, maybe PA can sort of rush some life into NJ and bring back that spark of competitiveness that PA currently has. TSA NJ can start attending some of your smashfests if possible, go to smashpocalypse, or maybe you can hold some TSA only training sessions at a place not too far from everyone that you can all attend easily. Then after the new events with both TSAs, NJ starts holding their own events with PA attending and so on, and it would all just sort of start a positive chain reaction.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
WTF are you talking about?

Seriously.
I will endeavor to interpret his post in a way that you can understand.

Sahara Desert said:
But one would think that retiring from the Smash community and not going to stuff anymore would also warrant leaving a moderator position to someone with the same capabilities that will be more active. I guess it's up to him. If he stays active around the boards and wants to keep the position, that's his choice.
This means blah blah blah I, Inui, am a total noob :laugh::laugh::laugh: LOL just kidding. He's saying that he thinks a moderator would be better suited to being a moderator if they play smash competitively and have time to moderate online.

Sahara Desert said:
TSA NJ needs to actually attend stuff. Everyone in the state hates me so I don't get rides, Magus hates driving places, and LK is in college, so I have no rides and I somehow attend stuff more now. Wtf...
"waah waah I have no rides" - Inui :laugh::laugh: just kidding again ;). He's saying that TSA NJ should be more active since we haven't been going to tournies much recently(though I have a good excuse for doing such and I bet the rest of you do too.) Then he goes on to complain that he has no ride for various reasons.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
I'm allowed to be hear. I've read posts on the thread plenty of times, especially recently. It's like how your on the ToS thread a lot as well. We're all a smash community and we should all be helping each other out. I don't mean to bug you, and I'm very sorry if I am. Why would I want to anger the awesome Scar? lol

The problem I was talking about was the overall state of TSA NJ. It's clear that everythings not going perfectly as you can tell by reading the past couple pages. Reading Emblem Lord's first big post pretty much outlined most of the problems but the one I was referring to mainly was inactivity. In a group of people, if some start becoming inactive, it's likely that the rest will soon follow. Once everyone becomes inactive whether it be having tons of training sessions, going to plenty of tournaments, or other things, it will be tough to start back up becoming the TSA that TSA NJ used to be. However, unlike the current state of TSA NJ, TSA PA is very active holding and attending tons of tournaments, and constantly meeting up at each others houses. I know this as even I've attended most of them recently lol, as I just sort of follow you around to whatever events you do such as Smashpocalypse, or the multiple smashfests at your houses.

If TSA NJ and PA sort of band together however, maybe PA can sort of rush some life into NJ and bring back that spark of competitiveness that PA currently has. TSA NJ can start attending some of your smashfests if possible, go to smashpocalypse, or maybe you can hold some TSA only training sessions at a place not too far from everyone that you can all attend easily. Then after the new events with both TSAs, NJ starts holding their own events with PA attending and so on, and it would all just sort of start a positive chain reaction.
TSA is fine they have intelligent people in their crew and im sure they can come with an intelligent solution. Everyone who isnt in TSA doesnt know all the details of what is going on so let it be between them. they can get through this they are a strong crew.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
TSA PA used to be in the same state (not the geographical kind) as TSA NJ is now. I remember when all that was around were the TSA biweeklies at Emblem Lord's mom house. We rarely showed up. Granted TSA PA consisted of myself and cactus at that point, I didn't get to go to many because my life was busy. TSA NJ's level of activity is affected by the current state of tournament location and how busy their lives are. TSA NJ deserves credit for vitalizing the New jersey and south eastern PA smash scene. Right now they are just on a hiatus from smash because of other obligations. So basically what I am trying to say is stop talking like TSA NJ needs to be revitalized by some kind of outside influence. Give them some time and space. They will start going to things when their lives can allow it. Honestly, could you imagine Emblem Lord or Sensei really not wanting to smash?

Time for a history lesson.
I can remember a time before cactuar, before KOTC when Joker and Ninja reigned over the Philly scene. Tournaments in Jersey and PA were at best once every couple of months. Myself and Ultimo Dragon used to drive to NE philly to play in the basement of a collectible shop. To give you an idea of how long ago this was - Many did not consider M2k to be the best in the state. It wasn't until TSA came around that the scene started building.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sorry for spamming but i have to, lol.

grammer corner scar? or is it waaaay to dumb, lmao
oh man how could i let that slip by especially when replying to scar lol. prob cause i was typing on my keyboard at home and not my normal one. im not used to it. </different keyboard johns>

TSA is fine they have intelligent people in their crew and im sure they can come with an intelligent solution. Everyone who isnt in TSA doesnt know all the details of what is going on so let it be between them. they can get through this they are a strong crew.
in all honesty, didnt you just join smashboards and really the community in general less than 2 months ago? i see where your coming from and i know they can come up with an intelligent solution, but im just sayin. i have however hung around with tsa pa for a while, even though i dont know everything. by no means am i trying to say i do, and i leave everything to tsa, but im just offering my advice.

TSA PA used to be in the same state (not the geographical kind) as TSA NJ is now. I remember when all that was around were the TSA biweeklies at Emblem Lord's mom house. We rarely showed up. Granted TSA PA consisted of myself and cactus at that point, I didn't get to go to many because my life was busy. TSA NJ's level of activity is affected by the current state of tournament location and how busy their lives are. TSA NJ deserves credit for vitalizing the New jersey and south eastern PA smash scene. Right now they are just on a hiatus from smash because of other obligations. So basically what I am trying to say is stop talking like TSA NJ needs to be revitalized by some kind of outside influence. Give them some time and space. They will start going to things when their lives can allow it. Honestly, could you imagine Emblem Lord or Sensei really not wanting to smash?

Time for a history lesson.
I can remember a time before cactuar, before KOTC when Joker and Ninja reigned over the Philly scene. Tournaments in Jersey and PA were at best once every couple of months. Myself and Ultimo Dragon used to drive to NE philly to play in the basement of a collectible shop. To give you an idea of how long ago this was - Many did not consider M2k to be the best in the state. It wasn't until TSA came around that the scene started building.
yea i got it now, i guess i didnt mean my posts to come off exactly the way i did. i mean i meant to say what i did, but i guess i made it seem like i thought that tsa was in complete shackles which definitely isnt the case. yea i still remember when tsa pa was just you and cactuar which i can understand is tough, however i wasnt around in the days when m2k wasnt even considered best in nj lol.

i guess i just got this impression after hearing over the past couple months that tsa nj hasnt been going to events and havent really done anything. now while im not out to try and tell tsa what to do by all means, especially being from another crew lol, but i cant help but have a good amount of respect for tsa for the crew they have built and after seeing whats been said over the past couple months about tsa nj, and now seeing stuff like woz leaving, i figured i might as well just offer my advice. take it or leave it, it may not even be resourceful at all. just some insight from a fellow friend and crew admin.

Toushi

Smash Apprentice
oh man how could i let that slip by especially when replying to scar lol. prob cause i was typing on my keyboard at home and not my normal one. im not used to it. </different keyboard johns>

in all honesty, didnt you just join smashboards and really the community in general less than 2 months ago? i see where your coming from and i know they can come up with an intelligent solution, but im just sayin. i have however hung around with tsa pa for a while, even though i dont know everything. by no means am i trying to say i do, and i leave everything to tsa, but im just offering my advice.
just because i joined this "crew" 2 months ago doesnt mean i havent been around ive been in the community and on the boards since i started. maybe you should have full knowledge before you assume. what im saying this is none of your business let TSA handle TSA. if they wanted any outside help or yours they would have asked. if you have anything else to say adress me through aim and not through their thread

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
just because i joined this "crew" 2 months ago doesnt mean i havent been around ive been in the community and on the boards since i started. maybe you should have full knowledge before you assume. what im saying this is none of your business let TSA handle TSA. if they wanted any outside help or yours they would have asked
i didnt say for sure thats why i said didnt you. i looked at your joined date but i thought u had a past account since we originally found you on the player finder before that. afterall i also switched accounts as well so my joined date is september but iv been around way before that. also theyr taking the issue to smashboards which is a place for the entire smash community which is why i decided to offer my advice, whether they take it or not.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Pakman is making me miss Joker and Ninja now. :(

I remember when Joker and Ryoko beat M2K in teams, and when Ninja almost took out M2K in a set at a Palmer Inn tournament. Those were the days. :p

Magus420

Smash Master
I can remember a time before cactuar, before KOTC when Joker and Ninja reigned over the Philly scene. Tournaments in Jersey and PA were at best once every couple of months. Myself and Ultimo Dragon used to drive to NE philly to play in the basement of a collectible shop.
LOL, Great Traditions and their massive pot ****. Also funny Yu-Gi-Oh kids XD

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
hey guy.... did u ever hear of that thing called life... sometimes that might come b4 a smash event and most of tsa nj is tryin to get there life together

Top Bottom