• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
You thought it was Luigi, but it was I! FALCON!

Mario's been hogging Nintendo's racing genre crown for far too long. 200cc, Mario? Really? That's one step too far into Falcon's domain. One step he just isn't going to stand for.

Falcon had some extensive model work done, particularly to his helmet and face. Hope you guys enjoy the touch-up. He's sporting two new non-Smash 4 colors as well, one the stylings of a Brown Falcon and the other being the Falcon of the nether-realm, Purple Falcon.

In other news, thanks to your local Tribute, Layell Layell , the pack is now updated and you can download for a quick "all-install" of the currently released happenings.

EDIT: almost forgot, his render stuffs is here

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Holy hell, that's beautiful. Reminds me of the Lucina/Robin trailer's Falcon, with the blueish eyes. Loving it!
Edit: Also, good job changing the title. I got very confused when my browser redirected.

Last edited:

Layell

Smash Journeyman
Hope you all enjoy the pack, I'll provide patch updates with just the essentials every time shun throws a couple of files my way and screams at me to get to work.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Got Falcon Done:
falcon.png

and updated these 3:
ganondorf.png
sheik.png

That reminds me, all of the playable Zelda Characters are now done! :)

Edit: Decided to scratch together a Smash 3/3C Progress Roster

Who needs to be updated (in terms of Smash 3 proper):
Luigi
Peach
Marth
Ike
Metaknight
Ice Climbers
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Lucario
Pit
Olimar

Who needs to be Smash 3-ified (not counting Smash 3C Brawl Ver.):
DK
Diddy Kong
Samus
ZSS
Roy
Pokemon Trainer Trio

We can expect another 8~11 updates before the new guys show up.... in theory

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Falcon's left shoulder looks weird.

BUT ANYWAYS DIS IS GUD ****

EDIT: WAIT THIS MEANS I HAVE TO REMAKE MY CUSTOM FALCON SKIN

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
You thought it was Luigi, but it was I! FALCON!

Mario's been hogging Nintendo's racing genre crown for far too long. 200cc, Mario? Really? That's one step too far into Falcon's domain. One step he just isn't going to stand for.

Falcon had some extensive model work done, particularly to his helmet and face. Hope you guys enjoy the touch-up. He's sporting two new non-Smash 4 colors as well, one the stylings of a Brown Falcon and the other being the Falcon of the nether-realm, Purple Falcon.

In other news, thanks to your local Tribute, Layell Layell , the pack is now updated and you can download for a quick "all-install" of the currently released happenings.

EDIT: almost forgot, his render stuffs is here
Aside from amazing job as always Smash 3 team, I only have this to say about Captain Falcon's update: "Forever he will be my hero!" :D

For anyone who doesn't get the quote:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jci0p4yjr4m1vtk/AAAv0HVnBA87puXNn6SqZHYLa?dl=0

In collab with ThePizzaDog, we improved the model overall and for cosmetics we made created an alternative with black boots so it blends together. However, it is up to you if you'd like normal boots or black boots.
DISCLAIMER: This will be the final post about this.. I feel like i'm spamming this everyone. Sorry everyone!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v47xu913wrrwom5/Smash 3 - Mario (Ice).rar?dl=0

Ice Mario has been finished.

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Also, how do you make those little banners for the Alts?
I went to the Brawl Vault Smash 3 Topic, save those banners, erase the original pose and then add my own (Using renders). Also I will go ahead and fix the shirt and cap. :)

Also, I unsaturated the clothes.

Last edited:

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I was really critical of your Falcon way back when you guys first showed off his remodeled head, but now I've gotta say I'm blown away by the overall quality.

You guys should open up a donation page.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I went to the Brawl Vault Smash 3 Topic, save those banners, erase the original pose and then add my own (Using renders). Also I will go ahead and fix the shirt and cap. :)

Also, I unsaturated the clothes.
I kinda like that you didn't go for the completely red overalls on ice mario. It makes it better as a blue team costume

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So for the pack, I can just delete my projectm folder and replace it with the one included in the pack, correct? Because if I try to just overwrite it, it'll say there's not enough space in the SD card.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So for the pack, I can just delete my projectm folder and replace it with the one included in the pack, correct? Because if I try to just overwrite it, it'll say there's not enough space in the SD card.
So, I definitely wouldn't delete the one that's already there. Here's what you do:

Instead of dragging and dropping the whole folder, do it in parts. Do the Fighter Folder first, as it's the biggest, then do each other folder one at a time. You must have either a small SD card or a lot of stuff!

D

Deleted member

Would anyone like a Flying Mario recolor?
Of course. I notice that a lot of Mario's alts are really simple, with some of them being combinations of each other. I'd say the only real challenge would be recoloring the CSP and the M on his cap.

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
So, I definitely wouldn't delete the one that's already there. Here's what you do:

Instead of dragging and dropping the whole folder, do it in parts. Do the Fighter Folder first, as it's the biggest, then do each other folder one at a time. You must have either a small SD card or a lot of stuff!
Thanks for the response, but I found out why it happened: the pack also included all the other files Project M comes with in the pf folder, such as music and stages. As a result, because the way Windows 10 works, it tries to add them as separate files first instead of overwriting them, if that makes sense.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Thanks for the response, but I found out why it happened: the pack also included all the other files Project M comes with in the pf folder, such as music and stages. As a result, because the way Windows 10 works, it tries to add them as separate files first instead of overwriting them, if that makes sense.
Thanks for the heads up. That stuff shouldn't be in there, so I guess I'll go nix it from existence.

Bendor

Smash Rookie
Hey I really love this, but I have an idea
How about you stop updating the chars that were already in smash 3, and you start on the missing ones? O.o
Too crazy?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Hey I really love this, but I have an idea
How about you stop updating the chars that were already in smash 3, and you start on the missing ones? O.o
Too crazy?
Think about it like this: smash 3 is a big project. It's been going on for a long time. The guys in charge of it now have better ideas and experiences as to make the smash 3 models than they did when it first started. Simply put, right now, they feel that they can do a better job than before and revamp certain characters.

IMO, quality first. The completion date for this project is nearby. Be patient.

Spigel

Smash Cadet
I think you guys forgot to recolors all of the Doc Mario's capes (side-b) all of his costumes have white cape

Top Bottom