• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cynapse

Smash Ace
The shoes were separated to add the shiny effect to them. As you expected, if you're trying to do the same to another model, you'd have to reimport the model or add a spec map.

In general, most of our releases from this point on will have minor or major model edits, so yes, Falcon will have the same troubles.

Also, there are no normal maps. Brawl doesn't support them.
Very well, Lord Taiko. However if there are no Normals (those weird purple and blue things right?) then why do models in Brawl Box have a subfolder called Normals?

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Uh

"Export-replace" should still work assuming you're not heavily modifying the mesh without fixing the normals

I'd have to understand what your goal is with modifying the model to answer concisely tho

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I thought the cap of the Ganondorf costume had a red stripe.
The manga shadow link's hair is a little too light, but not in the picture.
Other than that, the costumes look great!

Attachments

Last edited:

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Ganondorf tunic having a red stripe since they removed it from the beginning post and even then if you tried to access it, it would be 404. I shall get to work. I love you NinfanNanz, even though I have no knowledge on you.

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I love you too! You do the world a great service with your textures! :D

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for this. Unfortunately, I didn't know about the Ganondorf tunic having a red stripe since they removed it from the beginning post and even then if you tried to access it, it would be 404. I shall get to work. I love you NinfanNanz, even though I have no knowledge on you.
I think they haven't updated their Brawl Vault thread, you could check there if you want.

D

Deleted member

I'm working on a Jumpman Alt for blue Mario. I just can't stand the blue and pink one.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice

This is progress on Ganondorf Tunic and Manga Shadow Link. I'm pretty happy with the result. Let me know if you see any issues and I will quickly adjust the textures. I will now be working on creating Ganondorf and manga shadow link recolors for the Toon Link render that was released.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I'm working on a Jumpman Alt for blue Mario. I just can't stand the blue and pink one.
A bit weird that such an iconic costume was removed from Smash 4.

Also, it looks like a bunch of characters have been added to the renders. I'm not noticing any major differences though.

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman

This is progress on Ganondorf Tunic and Manga Shadow Link. I'm pretty happy with the result. Let me know if you see any issues and I will quickly adjust the textures. I will now be working on creating Ganondorf and manga shadow link recolors for the Toon Link render that was released.
Those look pretty nice! Are you planning to do other old smash 3 recolors?

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Those look pretty nice! Are you planning to do other old smash 3 recolors?
Give me an idea on who I should recolor then I would do it. Thank you for the support everyone but I kinda didn't do much. Credits go to Smash 3.

EDIT: I have finished everything, I believe so, thus you can download it here. Below the URL link, you can find renders (Unfortunately, I only changed the color so it might have incosistencies).
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/foldjtzvciywxa0/AAB0cbZmeo7T6OJesbJAXLX3a?dl=0

Last edited:

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Give me an idea on who I should recolor then I would do it. Thank you for the support everyone but I kinda didn't do much. Credits go to Smash 3.
Well since Mario and Link are out you could do their old recolors. Mario had like a luigi and ice power up recolor and i think a galaxy power up? It looked like a black fire flower alt. Link had a Twilight costume. I don't remember if he had another

D

Deleted member

Well since Mario and Link are out you could do their old recolors. Mario had like a luigi and ice power up recolor and i think a galaxy power up? It looked like a black fire flower alt. Link had a Twilight costume. I don't remember if he had another
Link also had a Ravio costume.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
GET.

YO.

GUNZ.

ON.

"For far too long have you hogged the spot-light, Mario..."
My eyes tell me it's Bowser, but my hopes and dreams say Luigi. Or what if it's someone completely different throwing an item like a capsule that exploded?

Last edited:

E-scope12

Banned via Warnings
Are they all going to be Smash Wii U Styled? Can we use Smash Wii U Stages for this project?

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
bet ya its Jigglypuff it wants the spotlight so it can sing and then write on everybody's faces afterwards. Down-B could be the source of the explosion.

Top Bottom