• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Yesterdays tease really was out of this world! In another Galaxy in fact! If you thought "Super Mario Galaxy" you'd be right!

At long last. And the only PM alt we ever did. Mario's got plenty of new niceness, and both he and Doc have the 10 color treatment. But there's a bonus! Mario comes with an "All Mario" file for use with Project M! We've also updated Doc's pills for the normal pac, so be sure to use the FitMario.pac included.

Yoshi has been updated as well. He won't crash anymore. He's also got some added affects for better viewing.

Go ahead and update yours now!

We'll have a screenshot album for Mario and Doc completed later on. For now, just take 'em in game and explore for yourselves!

Anything I'm forgetting? Oh, yeah. Renders.

Check it

PUT YA GUNS ON!
Calling Doctor mario.
This guy. This guy right here gets it!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
You should probably slow down. Myself and lord Layell Layell can only handle so much, you know! Then again I suppose it's better than dropping an entire bomb of stuff to integrate into Dolphin HD at once, so thanks for that.

Mach5Mike

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mach5Mike
Yesterdays tease really was out of this world! In another Galaxy in fact! If you thought "Super Mario Galaxy" you'd be right!

At long last. And the only PM alt we ever did. Mario's got plenty of new niceness, and both he and Doc have the 10 color treatment. But there's a bonus! Both Doc and Mario come with "All Mario" and "All Doc" files for use with Project M! We've also updated Doc's pills for the normal pac, so be sure to use the FitMario.pac included.

Yoshi has been updated as well. He won't crash anymore. He's also got some added affects for better viewing.

We'll have a screenshot album for Mario and Doc completed later on. For now, just take 'em in game and explore for yourselves!

Check it
And here I was about to make a seemingly out of left field request that Mario be the next character to have their update released (I was going to say something about taking a good look at my mains under my profile pic and be really sly about it and everything), and then I log in to see Mario, Dr. Mario and even Yoshi are all nice, shiny and updated! You have made this diehard Mario main a VERY happy smasher :D

As always, amazing work and thank you again Smash 3 team. I'm already hyped for the next time we need to be ready to PUT YA GUNS ON!

Last edited:

Cynapse

Smash Ace
even Yoshi are all nice, shiny and updated!
Yoshi is really no different aesthetically, bro. There's no FitMotion or FitChar included, either. Easy enough to make yourself, however. Because of this I don't think he's been officially updated just yet. Otherwise Shun would likely include a tasty banner and snarky remark...though he is in the render horde already so I could be wrong.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Yoshi is really no different aesthetically, bro. There's no FitMotion or FitChar included, either. Easy enough to make yourself, however. Because of this I don't think he's been officially updated just yet. Otherwise Shun would likely include a tasty banner and snarky remark...though he is in the render horde already so I could be wrong.
Nope. Yoshi is updated. It just didn't require a FitYoshi or re-rendering of anything. Not everything is all big and shiny, you know. Joy of Dropbox, is stuff might appear the same depending on what changes, after all.

The shortage of snark is primarily because I spent most of today with my mom instead of coming up with clever ways to misdirect you all.

Obskore

Smash Ace

At long last. And the only PM alt we ever did. Mario's got plenty of new niceness, and both he and Doc have the 10 color treatment. But there's a bonus! Both Doc and Mario come with "All Mario" and "All Doc" files for use with Project M! We've also updated Doc's pills for the normal pac, so be sure to use the FitMario.pac included.

Check it

wait, that renders album has renders for Wario, Falco and Mr. Game & Watch but they haven't been released yet :0

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
These updates are absolutely gorgeous! I must admit, I wasn't initially concerned much of this project, but the revisions have given me a considerable interest in these, and I'm just dang excited for whatever's to come down the line (especially Luiggy and Captain Falcon).

Cahalan

Smash Ace
wait, that renders album has renders for Wario, Falco and Mr. Game & Watch but they haven't been released yet :0
Those guys probably don't need a re-render. Which saves me some time in making these:

I'm gonna call Pit or Meta Knight for the next Update.

Last edited:

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Check it

It's a shame i can't like the same post more than once.
Awesome work guys.
I'm lovin these updates as they don't stop coming.
And holy ****, i didn't know i actually called it :D

Last edited:

ishmael205

Smash Rookie
Man, Mario is looking so good. Glad to see this.
Let me say this, it's pretty hard to picture Mario without thinking about his brother too. After all, the series is called Super Mario Bros. Calling it right now, Luigi is going to be updated next.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
So... It works with Project M now? If so, can we change the thread title?
Well, yes and no. The Pack is still severely outdated so attempting to use it, particular the menu part, will make your game go "lol bro, nope". And at this point, we're focusing on one big pack update as opposed to the smaller ones because effort. If only I had a volunteer to assist with this sort of thing...

Layell

Smash Journeyman
The shortage of snark is primarily because I spent most of today with my mom instead of coming up with clever ways to misdirect you all.
This update was shortened due to mothers... Mother...

Last update was "out of this world"

so now we're bound to go back to earth.. we are.... Earthbound

NESS AND LUCAS CONFIRMED

also

The Mario packs may want a few CSS added as well guys.

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
This update was shortened due to mothers... Mother...

Last update was "out of this world"

so now we're bound to go back to earth.. we are.... Earthbound

NESS AND LUCAS CONFIRMED

also

A winner is you. I shall be pm'ing you soon.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I go get busy with life things and then come back to all of these updates! ffffffff

Welp, I guess it's time to go back to life things and hope for the best.

You guys are amazing!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Are you guys going to do the characters that aren't Smash 3 Styled yet?
I imagine they'll update the most outdated characters first, and release the completely redone characters like Ike and Zamus last. Spacies and Yoshi are pretty much already up to par, for example. I would like to root for Falcon, but his update is a different model, not just textures.

Jigglypoof21

Smash Cadet
I imagine they'll update the most outdated characters first, and release the completely redone characters like Ike and Zamus last. Spacies and Yoshi are pretty much already up to par, for example. I would like to root for Falcon, but his update is a different model, not just textures.
If you didn't already know, Link and Toon Link are actually using new models too.

Also:

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Well, I'd reveal our plans but then your mind might implode and I'd have to pay the medical bill, so I won't. But yes, we will eventually get the entire Brawl cast done.

Preview albums are done now, so take a gander at the most impressive photography work of Tails!

Last edited:

MaybeGerg

Smash Apprentice
Okay, you guys are messing with me. The orange Doc costume looks like Giovanni from Pokémon Anime, and the picture was in Saffron City. Please tell me that was on purpose so I can praise you for a year.

Aghanim

Smash Apprentice

At long last. And the only PM alt we ever did. Mario's got plenty of new niceness, and both he and Doc have the 10 color treatment. But there's a bonus! Mario comes with an "All Mario" file for use with Project M! We've also updated Doc's pills for the normal pac, so be sure to use the FitMario.pac included.

Check it

Good job on Mario! As a Project M mario main I really was waiting for him to be released! it's a pleasure to see that he's finally out!

Last edited:

skylanderszach

Smash Cadet

Check it

The download link for Mario does not work.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Could one of you maniacal model monkeys explain why Mario's shoes were split off from the shirt object and then separated once more into top and sole? I'm tryna do something but you've got all this spec and UV and Normals stuff that I simply do not understand. I can accomplish my primary purpose, but creating an exact replica of what you've done on something else may not be possible without reimporting the model to the destination where I have it currently. I really hope Falcon won't give me this kind of trouble too...

WHY YOU DO DIS

D

Deleted member

Could one of you maniacal model monkeys explain why Mario's shoes were split off from the shirt object and then separated once more into top and sole? I'm tryna do something but you've got all this spec and UV and Normals stuff that I simply do not understand. I can accomplish my primary purpose, but creating an exact replica of what you've done on something else may not be possible without reimporting the model to the destination where I have it currently. I really hope Falcon won't give me this kind of trouble too...

WHY YOU DO DIS
Because it's funny for them, the based gods, to watch puny mortals attempt to understand divine objects.

Taiko

Smash Ace

WHY YOU DO DIS
The shoes were separated to add the shiny effect to them. As you expected, if you're trying to do the same to another model, you'd have to reimport the model or add a spec map.

In general, most of our releases from this point on will have minor or major model edits, so yes, Falcon will have the same troubles.

Also, there are no normal maps. Brawl doesn't support them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom