• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Smash 3 Project - All Characters Released

Should we release our source PSDs?

• Yes

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PR0GRAM

Smash Rookie
Fun fact: Smash 4 was originally going to have a different graphic style, which would more closely resemble Brawl...

My source is a game file someone found that was an early texture of Dedede...
Is this the texture you're talking about?

Also, I was wondering if it's frowned upon to post a pic of your own Smash 4 inspired texture here? I totally get if it is...Like I understand completely. I just thought that when I finish it I could let the people over here be the judge of whether it's good or not, since they clearly care about the topic.

Taiko

Smash Ace
Is this the texture you're talking about?

Also, I was wondering if it's frowned upon to post a pic of your own Smash 4 inspired texture here? I totally get if it is...Like I understand completely. I just thought that when I finish it I could let the people over here be the judge of whether it's good or not, since they clearly care about the topic.
Of course you can! Though, if it's just showing off some custom Smash 3-styled stuff, the Smash 3C Thread might be better.

PR0GRAM

Smash Rookie
Of course you can! Though, if it's just showing off some custom Smash 3-styled stuff, the Smash 3C Thread might be better.
Awesome! I'm not 100% sure which thread it should go on though, because it's not really an alt costume. It's a retexture of Peach to look more like her Wii U appearance.

Tailsmiles249

Smash Apprentice
Today's screen is... well it's not really a screen. A bit of render practice if you will:

Last edited:

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
stop arguing about me, also i don't want to be banned from here(same happened in DSHack)

PSD: i'm 14, can't blame me for being inmature
(I know you said stay on topic but this seriously pissed me off so bad.)

I'm 14 too, and I take summer classes, make A's in school, while dealing with my mom being horribly sick all the time, so yes I can blame you for being immature.

P.S. I can import models, but it's not fun.At all.

Last edited:

That One Guy2486

Smash Apprentice
(I know you said stay on topic but this seriously pissed me off so bad.)

I'm 14 too, and I take summer classes, make A's in school, while dealing with my mom being horribly sick all the time, so yes I can blame you for being immature.
To add to this (I guess..) I'll say that I'm 13 and I'd say I'm quite mature..Though this is coming from me, so that's not exactly a fair argument, is it?

Today's screen is... well it's not really a screen. A bit of render practice if you will:

And to go back on-topic, this is awesome.

Last edited:

ssjsongoku

Smash Cadet

Really loving the material on Toon Link's tunic and also the updated facial expression. It's the amount of detail put into the textures (...and maybe something else that I am completely unaware of) that really helps bring the models to life.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
You're doing it wrong.
Kinda.
Try turning it on and off again.
Don't know why but I almost pissed myself reading this, is it a meme or something.

Really loving the material on Toon Link's tunic and also the updated facial expression. It's the amount of detail put into the textures (...and maybe something else that I am completely unaware of) that really helps bring the models to life.
I thought it was from the wiiu before I read it, gg smash 3.That rhymed.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Okay.....................................................................................................................................................

h y o

Smash Rookie
just lol, knux won't be in Project M, that's just a joke
i believe Knuckles along with a few other characters are actually being developed for Project M, forgive me if I'm wrong. However, that would be going off topic. Feel free to PM if there's something you'd like to talk about.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of knuckles, Lyn, and Isaac in pm. I can confirm that even if they are added, we won't be doing them.

DualX

Smash Apprentice
I love how only Knuckles was referenced yet you've included more. lol

Why no new character work though? Would that be because of how long it's taking to work on the current cast (also the reasoning behind why you guys are not working on alternate outfits)?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Why no new character work though? Would that be because of how long it's taking to work on the current cast (also the reasoning behind why you guys are not working on alternate outfits)?
They just wanna finish. That's all there is to it.

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Another thing to add to that leaky faucet is that some of the rumored characters are already assist trophies and finding/programming their replacement could be quite a chore. Now can we stop talking about PM leaks until they actually come true, please?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I love how only Knuckles was referenced yet you've included more. lol
Because they were bound to be asked about.

Yes, but also what Edel said. Anyways, no new characters are confirmed for pm 3.6 and im pretty sure we'll be done and gone by the time 4.0 happens.

Assuming nothing bad happens

DualX

Smash Apprentice
im pretty sure we'll be done and gone by the time 4.0 happens.
By then, I'm hoping that the Smash 3 and 3C will become one focused group, converting all of the best outfits available into this more colorful and vibrant style.

Last edited:

Crixler

Smash Journeyman
That's part of why Smash 3C was founded. The "C" can stand for many things, one of them being "Continued", as we plan to continue the good work of the original S3 team after their descent into the abyss of retirement.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
Also worth mentioning is that some members of the group (aka me) plan on sticking around afterward to deal with bugfixes and stuff. Think of it as janitorial duty. Not exactly new content (;)) but fixes where they're needed.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
So dudes. Anyone test anything in 3.6? I've tested some Smash 3C stuff, everything seems to work fine. That said, I can't imagine much being broken with the update. I looked over the changelog for similar changes to the ones on broken characters from 3.5 and I don't see any. Think we're all good.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
So dudes. Anyone test anything in 3.6? I've tested some Smash 3C stuff, everything seems to work fine. That said, I can't imagine much being broken with the update. I looked over the changelog for similar changes to the ones on broken characters from 3.5 and I don't see any. Think we're all good.
I tested 3.6.

Juken

Smash Ace
I tested Toon Link with the Smash 3 textures. Both the Smash 3 TL and Smash 3C Outset TL seem to work fine with his new mask taunt. Only funny thing with it was his bottle clipping through his mask for his down-taunt, but that's not really a Smash 3 issue.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
I can confirm Smash 3 Bowser, MK, Ike, Marth, and Dedede work perfectly in 3.6. I'm guessing that nothing that wasn't broken in 3.5 is broken now. Things are looking pretty good as of now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom